Iceland

Meanwhile on techcrunch home page...

Customers are still waiting for their folding DJI drone
2016-10-20
Use props
hX5x70AfdW7R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft

Do they just want to poop on Gopro again come sunday/ Monday?
2016-10-20
Use props
Jonny0
lvl.1

Australia

For some reason I'm unable to post in the DJI Mavic Shipping Issues thread anymore. Seems this story about shipping delays is finally getting attention: http://gizmodo.com/where-the-hell-is-the-dji-mavic-pro-1788030901
2016-10-20
Use props
JudgeRoyBean
lvl.2

Hypothetically speaking......  Is DJI guilty of breach of contract?  (Stay with me here).  DJI offers a product or service for a fee.  A customer responds and buys what DJI offers.   DJI takes the customers money, and by taking said funds the seller has now entered into a contractual agreement to provide that product.   By not providing that product isn't DJI now in breach of contract????  Sure you can ask for your money back and "maybe" get it sometime in the future.  But since the customers money is in fact already gone from their account shouldn't DJI give the customer something for the loss of their funds.  

Like others, I am more than happy to wait for the superior product (if it is indeed as advertised) but at the very least DJI should give those that have already paid for their product the Refresh Care warranty or an extra battery or something for the inconvenience caused to the customer right??????  Or am I missing something here????
2016-10-20
Use props
hwkidd
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-20 15:28
I may open the thread back up but it was out of control.  I don't like to ban people but as was stat ...

I realize that  as a customer, I have no rights if I want a company's product, but to wait until it is available,  I really have no problem with it,   I am amazed that  this board would shut down a topic,   Because  of something, I guess I messed,  but I read every item on the 38 pages many times, looking for a clue that would  help me believe that Dji was doing the right thing and  updating its customers..  I don't care if the reason is they ran out of tape for the boxes,   if that's the truth so be it,   But  what I have seen from them and  from the folks on the board,  concerns me,   I think folks that do not follow the rules should be band,  but  to punish all,  for a few,,,  kind of sounds like,  history  repeating it self,  instead of  good customer service from a company that wants to be around for years to come,   Truth  ... If I treated my customers or future customers like this,  I do not think I would have a store very long,   Now
the conversations have made it to all kinds of other media,   smart for attention  bad for reputation,,,,
2016-10-20
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-21 06:00
OK... THAT'S funny!

I am trying to stay positive, but...

It's not really the hardest puzzle. when Karma showed up they announced Mavic just to draws attention. They were not ready to ship on the 15th October. they rushed production to fulfill somthing they can't cover.

It's okay you will receive your mavic but we also will learn our lesson. And they will learn when they come up when Mavic 2..3..4 or ...

They will understand why a company like Apple Try as much as they can to gain customers trust loyalty.

Unfortunately this is a Chinese company that think that business is similar to how Chinese people buy and sell on the street.

Marketing technology is not about monopoly. Someday not very far from now you (dji)  will have a very huge competitors big companies that will eat you and eat everything on their way.

If you want to delete my comment just go ahead but this is the truth

2016-10-20
Use props
hwkidd
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-10-20 15:51
Production is in full swing...

If that is an accurate statement, it tells me all I need to know. Ho ...

what does production is in full swing mean?   they are producing one a day,  one a minute,   how about, we have 100,000 on back order,   producing 2500 per day,,, do the math,  we ship  once a week or  every shift,  again,  just  questions to questions,   
2016-10-20
Use props
Kentucky Drone
New

2016-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jonny0 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:19
For some reason I'm unable to post in the DJI Mavic Shipping Issues thread anymore. Seems this story ...

That looks a bit more serious.
2016-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JudgeRoyBean Posted at 2016-10-21 00:23
Hypothetically speaking......  Is DJI guilty of breach of contract?  (Stay with me here).  DJI offer ...

Yes your right, but I'm done looking at all the whinging here, same **** different bucket..

You have the right idea, it's up to dji to front up, and complementary Battery, would go a long way to making amends, so I would ask everyone waiting to post similar request.
2016-10-20
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

Move to November 15 on Amazon
IMG_7507.PNG
2016-10-20
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 881598 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-20 19:41
Yes your right, but I'm done looking at all the whinging here, same shit different bucket..

You h ...

You need to watch your mouth! You complain about others and beg for them to get banned for using vulgar language and hear you are running your foul mouth. Ban this person
2016-10-20
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

They told me to check back by the 25 of Oct, to see if they have an update on the shipping progress... and ordered on the 27th.
2016-10-20
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

HjM4qzGDMUeQ Posted at 2016-10-20 18:45
Move to November 15 on Amazon

How do we interpret that though?  Might just be Nov 15 on new orders.   Might be sometime in the next 2 weeks on previous orders.
2016-10-20
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

China

I deal with Chinese companies every day and am used to being lied to, fobbed off and just generally having to put up with incompetence.
I expect it from these small companies with no foreign management but from a company like this, it's just shameful.

I am sure the customer service people in China and forum moderators on here are having a hard time, but that is their job. If you can't accept customers complaining about delays and a lack of information, you're in the wrong job.

There must be a significant delay or problem otherwise there is no logical reason for not making a statement with some actual information.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-21 07:29
It's not really the hardest puzzle. when Karma showed up they announced Mavic just to draws attent ...

I can promise you that DJI had every intention on shipping on the 15th. There's been a delay, and  I'm sorry about that.
Let's not let this thread get out of hand like the other please.
2016-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-21 00:51
You need to watch your mouth! You complain about others and beg for them to get banned for using v ...

Never begged or asked for anyone to be banned, just think it's time to to take it easy.
2016-10-20
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-21 08:01
I can promise you that DJI had every intention on shipping on the 15th. There's been a delay, and ...

I will take your word just because I like you
2016-10-20
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

You guys please keep it low key on this thread.   I don't want it to get locked too.   I'd like to use it for first-sightings and rumors of shipping, etc.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-21 08:06

Thank you. And just to be clear, I'm right with you as I have a Mavic on preorder too.
2016-10-20
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys, I just wanted to share an update:

DJI has my money, I do not have a drone, and no one knows why.
2016-10-20
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-21 08:06

but Ken ,

we and the Media will keep guessing until you guys give us a rational answer.

saying that production is in full swing is not good communication for a promised late delivery.

You can say somthing like

" im sorry our Factory got burned"

Sorry we have a legal issue

Sorry we have a technical issue

Sorry we are delayed for marketing techniques

Sorry we didn't plan to deliver in October

Not giving a clear statement does only mean one thing. You guys are hiding something!!!
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-21 08:18
but Ken ,

we and the Media will keep guessing until you guys give us a rational answer.

And here we go again.
2016-10-20
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

Ken look :

1+c=1

c=0

thats how is the situation

2016-10-20
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Yes, here we keep going...
It won't stop Ken,

We are not trying to troll your forum... surely you must see why THIS is continuing

DJI is only stirring the pot... not cooking up anything?

Surely you see you are putting a lot of wood on this fire,
We are trying REALLY are to be fair... cmon, each day is creating this
2016-10-20
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Australia

3,2,1 close thread?
2016-10-20
Use props
heloknight
lvl.1

United States

I ordered an iPhone 7 plus about the same time I ordered the DJI Mavic and it'll be interesting to see which one gets to me first. The iPhone won't here here until the 29th of Nov. Anyone want to place a bet? Mavic or iPhone?
2016-10-20
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Australia

I ordered mine ages ago, (iphone7) still on backorder...  at least I have updates daily.

Also waiting on Radiohead deluxe album

And MAVIC

What happened to shopping?
2016-10-20
Use props
Ben Ditto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239491 ft
Portugal

heloknight Posted at 2016-10-21 08:31
I ordered an iPhone 7 plus about the same time I ordered the DJI Mavic and it'll be interesting to s ...

iPhone for sure, hands down.
2016-10-20
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

Ken,

I don't think it should be surprising to see any thread in this forum take a turn in the direction this one is headed. DJI is rapidly compounding this problem and here's how:

A delay in shipping is a minor problem. It happens, I'm not overly concerned. But the notification of the delay was cryptic as it contained no reason for the delay and no specific dates as to when customers might expect to receive their product. That leaves room for speculation. Is it just a minor shipping issue, or is it a major design flaw? For many people, the cost of the Mavic is likely a significant amount of money. The more significant the amount, the greater the anxiety and frustration. Customers expressing frustration should not be unexpected.

A simple explanation would ease the customers minds, but instead, we have DJI employees reiterating the fact that they have no information, which is not their fault. But the problems are further compounded when you manipulate the forum to hide negative comments, close threads, and ban users. I'm sympathetic to the difficulties DJI maybe facing in getting the product out, but you're rapidly losing me when you seem to react with exasperation and disdain for those who rightfully express their concerns and frustration. Don't punish the people who have already given their money to DJI. It's just bad business.

What can you do? Assure us that as an employee of DJI, you are personally appealing to your boss to appeal to his boss to give a satisfactory explanation. The longer it takes, the more exponential the anger and frustration amoung your customers will become. I understand that you don't like the negativity and some of it can be over the top, but you should accept it as a consequence of DJI conducting business in an unsatisfactory manner.
2016-10-20
Use props
mxlmn
lvl.1

Hong Kong

What a joke this company is !
2016-10-20
Use props
ITestInProducti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477736 ft

This is my first experience with DJI and my first done. So far I have to say, I am not impressed. I have been following the other threads and while yes, several people are venting their frustrations, DJI support isn't helping the situation.

DJI gives a very vague response (with no explantion but too high of a damand, BS - if you had a prduct that could ship you would ship what you had) to everyones request to "Rightfully" know what is going on with the product they have paid for in full and was not devlived when DJI said it would be. I understand Ken and Ed work for DJI but when they turn around and give the same answer that upset their customers in the first place it just throughs gas on the fire. The sum of all the responses are : it's not DJI's fault, we don't know why your products didn't ship, it will ship eventually but we can't give you any timeline, and if you don't like it cancel your order and buy something else.
The only reason their hasn't been mass cancelations is that everyone knows the Mavic is the most advanced drone on the market today at this price. One of the customers notifies bloggers of the issue to try and force DJI to give us the truth since Ken and Ed weren't able to convinvce them to and then he gets banned. Yes he was upset and said some things he probably shouldn't but he also is a paying customer and he is not alone in his feeling of being lied to and disrespected. And before you tell me you respect your customers, lying is one of the biggest forms of disrespect. Everyone here would be ok with a delay, they are upset becuase DJI is lying to them. Now Ken and Ed, I'm not saying you are lying because I truely believe you don't know anything which is a down right shame, your company has you taking all the hits but doesn't give you what you need to address the problem which is the truth. Personally I think DJI owes you guys a big bonus and paid vacation after this for just tossing you under the bus.

This whole thing would sizzle out if DJI just made an announcment like "Hey, one of our suppliers had problems" or "Durring QA some of the drones didn't meet our standards" or anything expect trying to tell us they never shipped a single drone because demand was to high to ship anything.

I'm going to wait for my Mavic to show up and I'm sure once I get it I will love it, but when it's time to get a new drone, after all this I really hope GoPro turns around and creates a competitor to DJI to knock them off their high horse and maybe then they will start to learn you can't treat your paying and hopefully returning customers like this.
2016-10-20
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

Customers expecting information about products they've purchased...

2016-10-20
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428448 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 17:01
I can promise you that DJI had every intention on shipping on the 15th. There's been a delay, and ...

So you know for a fact that the 15th was the target date, but you don't have any information we don't have?
2016-10-20
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't think we are not in contact with Management then that is not true.  When we get word we will let you know.  I have a preproduction Mavic.  It is now on the latest firmware.  There is no issue with my unit.  Ken has flown one.  We have had numerous reviewers and tester who have flown them.  No where in have you seen one have a crash with the exception of CN and you can make up your own mind about him.  As a company we have no reason not to deliver the Mavic.  Adam has made the company statement on this matter.  That is the companies position.  You may not like it, you may not agree with it but that is all we have right now.  I am sorry.
2016-10-20
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-20 20:03
If you don't think we are not in contact with Management then that is not true.  When we get word we ...

I like CN.   But there's no surprise at all when he crashes a drone.   He's not exactly the most careful person with his stuff.
2016-10-20
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

Someone from a China forum said the delay was caused by Casey's fly away problem - that it had something to do with the GPS or GLONASS. I can't verify this information as it was sent to me by a friend from Hong Kong through Facebook messenger. Could be another speculation.
2016-10-20
Use props
matias.nombaras
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82106 ft
New Zealand

We love you Tahoe Ed!
2016-10-20
Use props
civeng123
lvl.2

United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-10-20 21:09
Someone from a China forum said the delay was caused by Casey's fly away problem - that it had somet ...

My god, can we close this thread....?
2016-10-20
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

No offense, but as you are a proud owner of a Mavic Pro in your possession, I suspect you may not be able to fully appreciate the customer's position.

Would you be able to say if you've made it clear to your management the growing firestorm around this fiasco that could quickly be doused with an explanation of a few words?
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules