New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

BayArea99 Posted at 2016-10-28 04:42
Hi Ken,

I can appreciated your commitment to customer service, thanks! I'm an Senior Principal En ...

Believe me, I truly do understand your frustration along with everyone else.
I too have a Mavic on order and I want it ASAP so I can put it in my saddlebag on my motorcycle when I go riding through the canyons.
I know production is in full swing and Mavics are shipping out, as far as quantity that are going out the door I have no idea of the number, but it has to be a decent amount. People need to understand that the Mavic has become the most popular drone in the world and the number of pre-orders is off the charts. DJI is trying the best they can to fulfill those pre-orders.

And charging the credit cards first, this is something DJI has always done.

2016-10-27
Use props
lK14A0pG4iEn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1353409 ft
United States

bantis Posted at 2016-10-27 15:52
Well my Best Buy order was originally supposed to be delivered by 10/29. Now it got moved back to 11 ...

Your's only got pushed to 11/10? Mine got pushed to 11/30............. : (
2016-10-27
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

There are 3 things that point to a problem in production of the Mavics. The first is the initial delay in shipping. No over demand can explain for a week delay in shipping the first units with for the combos was even more than a week. The second thing is the small amount of order fulfilled until now. I saw that sheet with over 500 orders in which only 25 were fulfilled. And the third thing is the silence from the company and the impossibility of given estimated dates for individual orders. There is a forth thing that is the pushing of the estimated dates for shipping forward in their site and in the dealers sites.
2016-10-27
Use props
tynee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25253 ft
United States

lK14A0pG4iEn Posted at 2016-10-28 05:15

Pain felt. Just got that email too, ordered on the 13th... really thought they, as a large dealer, would have been better supplied. Oh, well... at least now I can stop looking for the shipping email every 20 minutes.

2016-10-27
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

lK14A0pG4iEn Posted at 2016-10-27 15:15

Whoops. I meant 11/30.
2016-10-27
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

tynee Posted at 2016-10-27 15:22
Pain felt. Just got that email too, ordered on the 13th... really thought they, as a large dealer, ...

I ordered on 9/28. Pisses me off.
2016-10-27
Use props
lK14A0pG4iEn
lvl.2
United States

bantis Posted at 2016-10-27 16:38
Whoops. I meant 11/30.

I live in MN, it's going to be too cold here to fly it now when it finally shows up
2016-10-27
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

lK14A0pG4iEn Posted at 2016-10-27 15:48
I live in MN, it's going to be too cold here to fly it now when it finally shows up

Haha I live in Idaho so I'm in the same boat.
2016-10-27
Use props
gary97
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 17:13
Believe me, I truly do understand your frustration along with everyone else.
I too have a Mavic on ...

Afternoon, Ken.

For what it's worth, from the many posts of yours I think you're one of the good ones.  I accept at face value what you share, and it seems that DJI is leaving you hanging.  Or, throwing you under the bus.  For your efforts I thank you.

What I do want to offer is that if there was one thing ... just one incredibly valuable thing that so many have pointed out ... that DJI could do to try to defuse the situation, it would be providing honesty and reliable ETAs.

There's nothing at all difficult about it, it is simplicity itself.

X units manufactured per day, Y units shipped out per day, Z orders pending, and there is an easily calculable ETA for each order, including taking into account retailer orders.  Given the Sales 101 basics of that in the face of DJI's failure to be forthright, no wonder people's imaginations are running with it.

But, as every single politician who has done something wrong has proven beyond question is that the cover-up is worse than the crime.

I live in upstate New York where we have 14 months of winter every year, and summer is just 3 months of bad skating.  So, for myself, if I was told ... honestly ... that my unit would ship on some date in early December or beyond, I would probably cancel my order.  But, because of the onset of winter I wouldn't buy any drone at all until spring.

And, with that kind of honesty from DJI they would earn a measure of loyalty from me, and I would be highly inclined to return to DJI to place my order next spring.  If I feel I've been disrespected, yes, I would take a hard look at purchasing a competitive product next spring.

I honestly don't much care when my unit will ship.  Things happen, that's life, I'll survive.  This customer just wants to be treated with respect and honesty.

At some point early next month (November) I will have to make that decision about cancelling my order.  Not out of frustration or anger, but simply because weather will not allow me to use a drone between December and next spring.

In the meantime, I will surely hang in there with the hope that DJI gets it together.  Customer loyalty is so easy and inexpensive to earn, yet it is one of the most valuable assets a company can have.

Under promise, over deliver.

In the meantime, I'm still making good use of the wait time to work through the learning curve I have in preparation for making my first ever drone flight.

Just some thoughts from a business owner ... and still a hopeful Mavic owner!
2016-10-27
Use props
CVowWGW9HlwF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275072 ft
United States

This is the first time buying drones from DJI, and I am very disappointed with the cs,at least provide me with a EDD at least I got some information on my order, but the answers given by online support are cut and paste.{:4_154:}{:4_142:}
2016-10-27
Use props
bhdh6dEFiy6j
lvl.1

So are gopro karma's available for purchase with delivery?  or are they backordered too?
2016-10-27
Use props
lK14A0pG4iEn
lvl.2
United States

bhdh6dEFiy6j Posted at 2016-10-27 17:48
So are gopro karma's available for purchase with delivery?  or are they backordered too?

They delayed their release until Nov 28th, I think
2016-10-27
Use props
gary97
lvl.3
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-10-27
Use props
gary97
lvl.3
United States

Ken, can you help?

Right after post #532, perhaps it will be immediately above this one, I posted a copy of a chat I just had through the online store to confirm that my payment had, indeed, been received and confirmed.  It was an innocuous and pleasant chat at the end of which Liu confirmed my payment.  It was actually a lighthearted chat with humor injected by each of us.

But, as soon as I posted it, an image of an iPhone was superimposed over my avatar, the field of the post was blank, and this message appeared at the top of the message field: "Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield"

What does that mean, and why would my message not have been posted?
2016-10-27
Use props
gary97
lvl.3
United States

Trying this again.  Folks, make of this what you will.  I went to the online store so I could do a chat to try to ensure my payment was confirmed.  Following is the text of that chat:

SYSTEM MESSAGE
Dear customers, Thank you for choosing DJI. The system is transferring the chat to operator service. Please wait.
Our operators are busy at the moment. Please leave a message , and we'll get back to you shortly.

[Liu joined the chat]

LIU
Hello, welcome to DJI official online store.  How May I help you today?

GARY
On one of the forum threads there has been at least one case where the person’s account online shows payment confirmed, but he was told by customer service that it was not, that it was only pending.  My online account shows payment confirmed for my order #xxxxxxxxxxxx.  Would you please confirm whether or not this is true, is my payment indeed confirmed?

And, noting the ruckus in the forum threads about shipping delays, I am one of the more patient customers.  So, as you all have been inundated with that issue, I will not ask you to give me an idea as to when my Mavic Combo might ship.  (However, if you want to volunteer that information, I won't reject it!)

LIU
I love that last part!!

GARY
:-)

LIU
That was brillant!!  I said the same thing to my co-worker who said there was an update!!  He was joking with me.   Gary you are a breath of fresh air!!

GARY
Hah!

LIU
I cannot wait until we are provided more information but the Mavic Pros Pre-Order is like no other.  Online sales is handling it themselves.

GARY
Yes, I imagine you all are under it with this shipping business.  That's why I won't press you for shipping information.  I just want to make sure my order shows as paid and confirmed.

LIU
They only provide us with updates that items are shipping but not the ship dates. That is not helping us to help you and I do apologize for that.

GARY
Thanks.  But, again, I am actually not seeking shipping information.  I want to make sure that my payment was in fact processed and confirmed.

LIU
My other chat agents really enjoyed it also and look forward to the next time you come in!!

GARY
Well, that's nice.  But, I'm still seeking an answer to my question.

LIU
Yes the payment processed and you have a valid order.

GARY
Now THAT'S what I was looking for!  Thanks.  Good luck, Liu.  (And, watch for me on Comedy Central! ;-)

LIU
Tell It!!  I sure will!!

GARY
:-)

LIU
Thanks again!!  Bye for now. If you have any other questions, please feel free to come back and chat with us. Thank you.
2016-10-27
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

This is my first order of a DJI product and my first "real" drone.  (I've been practicing basic tying on a $50 Syma for a couple weeks now, just to get more experience at the reversed control issue when it is pointing back at you.)

Anyway, I'm anxious and hope I get my Mavic Pro in my hands before my trip to MT.  Talk about a missed opportunity to fly over hundreds of acres of privately owned land in the winter with total permission and very few limitations (legal and otherwise).  Somehow, I don't think it'll happen but I'll remain hopeful... just a little.

Today, I placed another order and I was reminded of just how spoiled I (and many others) have become.  Today Apple announced their new MacBook Pros and I placed my pre-order.  If it is not in my hands in less than the 3 weeks they promised, I'll be completely dumbfounded.  DJI is not Apple... too bad they weren't at least in a close second.

Oh well, I'll get it when I get it.  I do echo a comment I read above though... why can't they just come out and be honest.  Tell us how many they are making, shipping, etc. and let us do the math.  Do they really think they'll lose more customers being honest than they will by stringing us along and ignoring us>

Guess we'll see.  At least I'll be proficient with my new MB by the time my Mavic gets here!  
2016-10-27
Use props
GE2w817YkMbz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Gary mac same here just ordered the new mbp as well, wondering which I will receive first!
2016-10-27
Use props
JudgeRoyBean
lvl.2

Everyone that placed an order with DJI should just take a deep breath........now hold it, hold it, hold it..... Rest In Peace
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

gary97 Posted at 2016-10-28 06:12
Afternoon, Ken.

For what it's worth, from the many posts of yours I think you're one of the good  ...

Gary,
I totally understand you wanting to know as winter is approaching.
The website currently states for orders placed now the shipping estimate is December.
So since you pre-ordered a while ago (I'm guessing) I'd think that you will be your delivery way before that.
But again, I provide tech support and online sales would have info if there was any.
I do see you got your question answered about the payment
2016-10-27
Use props
vnthota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1409318 ft
Hong Kong

Hi there,

Been reading up on all the DJI shipping issue and what not. Is there no way to find out when it will be shipped? I ordered mine Sept 28, which means I'm part of the first few? I have an upcoming trip to Vancouver BC on Nov 5th, and was hoping to get the Mavic way ahead of this. But now, there's no news from anyone in DJI.
2016-10-27
Use props
gary97
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 21:58
Gary,
The website currently sta ...

Understood, Ken, and thanks.

I was a late "pre-orderer," having ordered it on 10/20.  It'll arrive when it gets here.  (Can't fault the logic!)

And, either I fly before winter, or by the time I fly something in the spring I'll be the most knowledgeable person on the planet regarding drones, as I'll have spent the next 6 months boning up on the subject!

Again, my appreciation for your efforts, and for all the help you bring to these forums.
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

gary97 Posted at 2016-10-28 12:00
Understood, Ken, and thanks.

I was a late "pre-orderer," having ordered it on 10/20.  It'll arriv ...

Thanks for the kind words, hope your arrives soon.
2016-10-27
Use props
stevenwradloff
lvl.1

United States

For what it's worth August from the chat line just told me the 28th orderes should be filled by the 29th and other orders filled next week.
2016-10-27
Use props
tracym1471
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1016535 ft

I wonder about orders through resellers

I ordered on 10/10 from B&H in NYC...waiting is so much fun.  But so worth it!
2016-10-27
Use props
jl1030
lvl.2

Singapore

DJI-Ken,

I would like to ask, is there a logical reason for such a delayed shipping to Hong Kong from China? (literally across a simple boarder)

Hong Kong is privileged enough to have a Flagship Store opened 2 weeks prior the announcement of the Mavic. The store is suppose to be the earliest to receive stocks.
I pre-ordered full paid on 29 September, and was promised by in-store staff that will be able to pick up mid Oct.

Now seeing there are some shipped to USA, even Europe. Hong Kong has received a handful only (less than 5 units).
With online order, you are able to track orders. With Flagship orders, there's no statement or announcement whatsoever, these customers are left hanging. (we can even simply go up to China to pick it up)

I just wanna vent the frustration on the lack of communication to customers by DJI, and that the Flagship Store seems merely a showroom.

Utterly disappointed at the silent of DJI.
2016-10-27
Use props
chrism3evo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147812 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guess, I'm new to the forum. I fly an Inspire 1 already but have ordered the Mavic Pro fly more bundle. I ordered on the 18th of Oct from the UK. Does anyone have any idea on what sort of delivery time I should be expecting? I am not going to be cancelling the order as I cannot wait to get this bit of kit and start using it. I only as as when I was ordering it on the website it said delivery in November but when you look at the site now it says December. Is this for later orders than mine or have it been pushed back? Any advice would be great thanks.

Chris
2016-10-27
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

jl1030 Posted at 2016-10-28 14:11
DJI-Ken,

I would like to ask, is there a logical reason for such a delayed shipping to Hong Kong fr ...

Thats very true, there is person visit HK flagship store and confirm none will be available for in store pick up.  Not even those reserve order customer..  And their answer also not much helpful except don’t until further warehouse notice.
2016-10-27
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken,

I would like to ask, is there a logical reason for such a delayed shipping to Hong Kong fr ...

Thats very true, there is person visit HK flagship store and confirm none will be available for in store pick up.  Not even those reserve order customer..  And their answer also not much helpful except don’t until further warehouse notice.
2016-10-27
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken,

2016-10-27
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-10-28 07:36
This is my first order of a DJI product and my first "real" drone.  (I've been practicing basic tyin ...

2016-10-27
Use props
Thulinm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223238 ft
Australia

Thank you ken to try to "calm" is down. You deserve a holiday after this and hopefully you get to take your mavic on the trip.
Read that the once ordered 28th be shipped soon. Great news for them. Few days down the line 1/10. Weekend now so chill out with a cold beer instead in the hot Australian weather. Lot of people say winter is coming. We had 36degrees in the shade here today (97F). Hmm might be too hot here to fly when arrives haha.
Have a good weekend all and hope you get some good news soon. I try to stay out of the forum. But cannot promise.
2016-10-27
Use props
Thulinm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223238 ft
Australia

Thank you ken to try to "calm" is down. You deserve a holiday after this and hopefully you get to take your mavic on the trip.
Read that the once ordered 28th be shipped soon. Great news for them. Few days down the line 1/10. Weekend now so chill out with a cold beer instead in the hot Australian weather. Lot of people say winter is coming. We had 36degrees in the shade here today (97F). Hmm might be too hot here to fly when arrives haha.
Have a good weekend all and hope you get some good news soon. I try to stay out of the forum. But cannot promise.
2016-10-27
Use props
chrism3evo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147812 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guess, I'm new to the forum. I fly an Inspire 1 already but have ordered the Mavic Pro fly more bundle. I ordered on the 18th of Oct from the UK. Does anyone have any idea on what sort of delivery time I should be expecting? I am not going to be cancelling the order as I cannot wait to get this bit of kit and start using it. I only ask as when I was ordering it on the website it said delivery in November but when you look at the site now it says December. Is this for later orders than mine or has it been pushed back? Any advice would be great thanks.

Chris
2016-10-28
Use props
Nickste
New

United States

Just received my shipping info via DHL. Ordered 28th Sep at 6:30am UTC - DJI direct. Just drone and controller. Vancouver, Canada
2016-10-28
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

2016-09-27 19:43:07 (UTC) - 2 Fly More Combo's Shipped to NY
2016-10-28
Use props
O66cfjoVULeS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72963 ft
United States

Just checked my status on the DJI store, and it's showing as shipped!  No other details yet...

Mavic Pro w/controller only (fly-less?)
Ordered 2016-09-28 12:49:04 (UTC)
2016-10-28
Use props
nhome
lvl.1

Australia

my fly more ordered 28/9 now says shipping DHL ... previously said translation.missing still says pending though so must be getting tracking number soon
2016-10-28
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 21:58
Gary,
The website currently sta ...
Oops, wrong quote.
2016-10-28
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chrism3evo Posted at 2016-10-28 08:23
Hi Guess, I'm new to the forum. I fly an Inspire 1 already but have ordered the Mavic Pro fly more b ...

Hi Chris,

Could be in for a wait. I am form the UK also and i ordered mine on the 28th Sept......mine is still pending

I would imagine you may get yours around mid/end Nov? Its anyones guess at the moment though.
2016-10-28
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just had an interesting experience. I was chatting to Kobe on the chatline. I asked him for an update and he cut me off so I can no longer access chat facility. I can assure you I was not rude or unpleasant.

DJI are just getting worse and worse....
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules