New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>

chrism3evo Posted at 2016-10-30 16:43
Hi MuzzaPuppa, Thanks for the response. I am gutted if I have to wait that long but I will I guess ...

There are actually quite a few people on the forum that have placed orders with Amazon late in October and they are being told their orders will be with them by 4th Nov. Not sure if you ordered through Amazon or direct (i ordered direct with DJI) but you may have better luck if you have pre-ordered yours externally?
2016-10-30
Use props
chrism3evo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147812 ft
United Kingdom

MuzzaPuppa Posted at 2016-10-30 22:09
There are actually quite a few people on the forum that have placed orders with Amazon late in Oct ...

HI, I ordered direct from DJI. I have sent them an email asking for an update. See what I get back. Not holding my breath though.
2016-10-30
Use props
BaseOutdoorsNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

My bet is DJI are balancing getting a few products shipped to keep the raging masses quiet and sorting the obvious bugs out before there are too many falling out of the sky and ending up on youtube. If you take a step back and look at it DJI and Gopro have been in a drag race to get launched first and in reality, neither is actually ready for market. I have been counting the days to get my Mavic, now after reading some of the loss of control issues I am happy not to have received it yet. Hope it doesn't take too long to get these teething issues sorted and get this product ready. Glad
I choose the Mavic, the Karma looks like a dog. Now I just have to think about something else for a while and be patient.. :-)
2016-10-30
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

chrism3evo Posted at 2016-10-31 13:25
HI, I ordered direct from DJI. I have sent them an email asking for an update. See what I get back ...

You will most likely get the same copy paste response they send most people about not being about to give a date, and they are shipping as fast as they can and thank you for your response. In most cases they probably won't even directly answer your question they will just give you the copy paste.
2016-10-30
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>

Quite right BaseOutdoors. To be honest (and I'm the same as others....focusing too much on release dates and updates from DJI) we have all lived ok up until now without a mavic. Waiting a few more weeks, for what will be a great thing I am sure, is not the end of the world.
2016-10-31
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

I emailed Best Buy and got this response back.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

We apologize for the delay in response. Rest assured responding to your emails is our priority.

I know you are not happy why the release date of the item was pushed back on November 30, 2016. I can feel how excited you are to receive the item. I can definitely take note of your complaint.

We want you to know we understand how critical providing excellent and secure products to our customer. It reflects what we are as a company and what we can offer to our customers that others can't. What you've experience is unlikely not fair since you purchased the item with your hard-earned money.

It appears we do not currently have a definite timetable on when the said item will be made available. At this juncture, we are still looking for the best business partners that can support our growing distribution list. Please know we are working on making it available for you in the near future. Until then, we'll be sure to keep you posted for any updates. Hence, we respectfully request that you simply give us more time to complete the process.

We appreciate your loyalty as a My Best Buy member. For any concern, you may visit our Help Center at www.bestbuy.com.

Sincerely,

Trin
Best Buy Customer Care
Case ID: 187757896
2016-10-31
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

Even though this situation sucks and we have to wait even longer than we thought, I am glad I got the Mavic and not the Karma. The Karma absolutely sucks so bad.

2016-10-31
Use props
Wasabi6
lvl.3
United States

Gary UNY Posted at 2016-10-29 12:57
Thanks for your response, Wasabi6.

Two days for a response?  Five to seven days until refunded?   ...

Funny thing is....I kept checking my order status up until yesterday and it hadn't been cancelled even though they said it had been.
Starting to realize my cancellation probably means Xmas maybe to get it...I panicked, sent a email saying don't cancel...

And within 5 MINUTES got an email saying no problem, I had been left in que regardless.
I don't get it, nor do I care anymore.

If I get it in November I'm happy.  Hopefully they have time to fix any firmware issues from those customers experiencing problems....
2016-10-31
Use props
fans8747e514
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147812 ft
United Kingdom

bantis Posted at 2016-10-31 16:35
Even though this situation sucks and we have to wait even longer than we thought, I am glad I got th ...

Watching this video, it is without doubt worth waiting for the Mavic

Here's what I have from DJi so far, have tried to put it up in a new thread

First email and reply

Julius Gue
Julius Guevarra (DJI)

10月31日 HKT21:15

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Please send us an email to onlinesales@dji.com so we can help you out with the order you made (tracking, shipping info, etc.).

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Have a good day.

Regards,
Julius

Chrism3evo
Chrism3evo

10月31日 HKT04:06

Products: Mavic

Name: Christopher Stevens

Email: [/email]

Dealers:

Tel:

Subject: Mavic Pro Combo delivery update, order number 044118595679

Message: Dear DJI, I made an order for the Mavic Pro fly more combo on the 18th of October at 23:47 order number 044118595679. I have at present had no update to my delivery. I do understand that this is a very bust time for you at the moment and lots of orders have been made. I also accept that I should not expect to see my dispatch until next month sometime. However I would like an update as to weather I can expect to receive my order in November or not. All I am asking for as I am sure many other people are is a fair amount of information so we can leave you to do your job of getting these to us. But as I have already paid I feel I am with in my rights to ask for this update. I look forward to your reply and hopefully some uplifting information. Excuse the pun Your faithfully Chris Stevens

Second email and reply, very quick reply. Almost to quick?!!

Dear valued customer,
Thank you for your email. Your request (296249) has been received.
Due to great amount of emails, we may not be able to respond your email very soon.
We would appreciate your kind patience.
Any urgent request, please visit the following URL to chat with us online.
store.dji.com
Best Regards
DJI Online Store

尊敬的客户,
您好,感谢您联系大疆官网商城。
您的工单 (296249) 已收到。
由于目前邮件咨询量非常大,我们可能无法及时回复您的邮件。
不便之处,敬请原谅。
如有紧急需求,请打开以下链接与我们在线交谈。
store.dji.com/cn

Chris Stev
Chris Stevens

Nov 1, 02:15 CST

Dear DJI,

I am email this address as I have had a reply to an email I sent on the DJI webpage.

Please see below email I sent, any help would be grateful. I was emailed and asked to email this address.

Best regards

Chris Stevens

Chrism3evo

10月31日 HKT04:06

Products: Mavic

Name: Christopher Stevens

Email: [email]
<>

Dealers:

Tel:

Subject: Mavic Pro Combo delivery update, order number 044118595679

Message: Dear DJI, I made an order for the Mavic Pro fly more combo on the 18th of October at 23:47 order number 044118595679. I have at present had no update to my delivery. I do understand that this is a very bust time for you at the moment and lots of orders have been made. I also accept that I should not expect to see my dispatch until next month sometime. However I would like an update as to weather I can expect to receive my order in November or not. All I am asking for as I am sure many other people are is a fair amount of information so we can leave you to do your job of getting these to us. But as I have already paid I feel I am with in my rights to ask for this update. I look forward to your reply and hopefully some uplifting information. Excuse the pun Your faithfully Chris Stevens

Thoughts?

2016-10-31
Use props
JorgePi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 660991 ft
Mexico

Product:       Mavic Pro Fly More Combo
Order Date:  2016-09-28 15:00:32 (UTC)

Any other "early payers" who can share their status?

2016-10-31
Use props
RdotJON
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75545 ft

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-26 01:28
Looks like DJI are fulfilling orders as best they can. The delay hasn't been that long and time will ...

I think the issue stemmed from poor expectations.  This was mainly of the first come first serve and then not shipping combo orders at that time.
2016-10-31
Use props
RdotJON
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75545 ft

just to update... fly more combo, no information or updates since last week when I requested the,

Order Time:        2016-09-29 13:36:09 (UTC)
Total: USD $1,299.00
Payment Status: Pay Confirmed
Shipping Status: Pending
Shipping Company: Tba
Tracking Number:
2016-10-31
Use props
fans15f32d58
lvl.1

United States

E ZEE Electronics just cancelled my order that I placed on Oct. 3. They strung me along this whole time stating they should have stock soon.  Unbelievably frustrating being treated like this by an "authorized" DJI reseller. I thought that this was a safe order being an Amazon Prime and DJI authorized reseller. Never again.
A whole month wasted and I'm at the back of the flipping line now. WTF GRRRRRRR

Where to order from now?

So very very frustrating.
2016-11-1
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

On 31 Oct I wrote to DJI to solicit a shipping update.  Here is their response, received today, 1 Nov.  More non-information:

"Dear Gary,

Thank you for contacting DJI online store.

We are pleased to let you know we’ve begun shipping the first batch of Mavic Pro preorders since Oct 21st. Please check online for updates on your order status.

Meanwhile, we have received many preorders since the launch date, so we may not be able to fulfill all preorders for the moment. You have our sincere apology for this.

We are working round the clock to get the Mavic Pro in your hands. We would appreciate your patience.

We thank you for showing such enthusiasm for our technology and look forward to having you flying as soon as possible.

Warm regards,
DJI Online Store"

My 31 Oct request:

"Morning, folks.

No doubt you remain busier than one-armed paper hangers!

But, may I ask you for a shipping projection for my Order #xxxxxxxxxxxx, placed 2016-10-20 23:02:12 (UTC)?

Thank you.

Gary"
2016-11-1
Use props
GuardianZX9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28438 ft
United States

Order Status Update:       
Dear Customers,
We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.
Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.
Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication, DJI​
Payment Status:        Pay Confirmed
Payment Method:        Paypal
Total:       
USD $1,398.00
Order Time:        2016-09-28 15:46:58 (UTC)

Same status as last week, the week before, week before that
2016-11-1
Use props
fans5e168a77
lvl.1

Guys, lets start to complain about it on social networks. Let's make it global. It's been a disrespect what they have done! #djimavicfail #whereismydrone
2016-11-1
Use props
bhdh6dEFiy6j
lvl.1

United States

fans5e168a77 Posted at 2016-11-1 11:36
Guys, lets start to complain about it on social networks. Let's make it global. It's been a disrespe ...

agree 100%
2016-11-1
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

I had a quick chat with Live Chat earlier, nothing new, they wouldnt even confirm that it will be delivered this year.

Combo 29th Sept to the UK.

2016-11-1
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft

As I suspected there is a serious problem with the Mavi remote controler.
2016-11-2
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Any progress on new firmware to address some of the issues?
2016-11-2
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-11-2 14:41
As I suspected there is a serious problem with the Mavi remote controler.

How sure are you about that,  can you share some details
2016-11-2
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-2 21:49
How sure are you about that,  can you share some details

https://forum.dji.com/thread-69602-1-1.html
2016-11-2
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
United States

THANK YOU, DJI!

Your "Mavic Pro Shipping Update" email received this morning was a much appreciated useful communication.  While it is 2 weeks overdue, I hope that this new approach is one that DJI will continue to follow.

The  only downside I see to the email is the vague reference to looking into  the issue of taking customers' money until just before you ship their  unit.

Your reference to "examining potential alternatives with our payment provider" rang hollow, as this is standard operating procedure with most sellers of consumer products.  In terms of handling payments that way, DJI will not be blazing any trails.

It's a no-brainer in terms of both policy and implementation.

As,  from your email, it appears my unit ordered on 20 October will not ship  until at least mid-December, and though I will still hold off until the  middle of this month to make a final decision, I will very likely  cancel my order due to not being able to fly beyond early December  because of our winter.  Come April, I will do fresh research on quad  drones, including re-visit the Mavic.

In any event, this customer is grateful for  finally receiving the first useful information on which I can base my  purchase decision.  Please keep it up.

Thank you.

2016-11-3
Use props
JorgePi
lvl.1
Mexico

Gary UNY Posted at 2016-11-3 22:29
THANK YOU, DJI!

Your "Mavic Pro Shipping Update" email received this morning was a much appreciated ...

About today's "Mavic Pro Shipping Update" mail, honestly I feel confused and upset.
At least there are mentioning a timeframe of 7 to 8 weeks for orders received before today, but they no longer saying anything regarding that the orders will be processed in the order they were received.
My order was made on September 28, the day after the announcement was made, must I wait those 7 or 8 weeks, as if I had placed the order yesterday?
There is no clarity.
2016-11-3
Use props
fans8001ff7e
lvl.1

United States

http://dronelife.com/2016/11/03/ ... -update-dji-admits/
NEED READ
2016-11-3
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
United States

JorgePi Posted at 2016-11-3 15:47
About today's "Mavic Pro Shipping Update" mail, honestly I feel confused and upset.
At least ther ...

I don't disagree with you, Jorge, that DJI's message was not completely clear.  But, it's sure a helluva lot better than they had been doing!

To your question, as I understand it from following the information provided in this forum thread, if you ordered on 28 Sep I think yours should ship relatively soon.  Maybe within days or a week?

DJI's claim of "first come, first served" may not be 100% accurate, but I think that, more or less, they are following it.  I think the wild card is how much the order of DJI's shipping is influenced by large retailer orders.

But, all in all, my impression is that as far as individuals' orders go, they are shipping in the order they were received.  And, DJI appears to be on the cusp of finishing the 9/28 orders.

Good luck to you, and enjoy it when it arrives!
2016-11-3
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
United States

JorgePi Posted at 2016-11-3 15:47
At least ther ...

Jorge, you might want to follow the following thread, as it seems to be much more informational and current than the thread we're on right now: "Mavic Combo Pkg - Currently Shipping [All Sep 27 to Mid Sep 28]"
2016-11-3
Use props
JorgePi
lvl.1
Mexico

Gary UNY Posted at 2016-11-4 07:13
Jorge, you might want to follow the following thread, as it seems to be much more informational an ...

Gary, I just told my girlfriend during today's lunch, there is a great guy on the forums, I willl take one phrase of him as a personal dogma: "Under promise, over deliver". She completely agreed.

Thank you Gary,  
2016-11-3
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
United States

JorgePi Posted at 2016-11-3 19:56
Gary, I just told my girlfriend during today's lunch, there is a great guy on the forums, I willl  ...

My pleasure, Jorge.

Yes, that phrase really does say it all, doesn't it?  I'm glad to have shared it, and that you and your girlfriend enjoyed it.

Good luck for your Mavic shipping soon!

Regards, Gary
2016-11-3
Use props
vnthota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1409318 ft
Hong Kong

Got my drone just in the nick of time. I mean I'm on my way to the airport and I had to go to a DHL sorting facility way out there in HK to pick it up at 8am. A big thank you to DHL for sorting it out for me.
Fyi ordered mine on the 28th of Sept. DJI is using next day DHL delivery.
2016-11-4
Use props
fans9f6ddd5e
lvl.1

United States

26I0sSQ9iqHG Posted at 2016-10-24 12:59
No it hasn't - that's why I want to see that yours has because that should mean that I am not far  ...

mine shipped Saturday, should be here Wednesday according to fedex. Ordered 2016-09-28 18:06:28 (UTC)
2016-11-7
Use props
fans72e8b49d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5188369 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9f6ddd5e Posted at 2016-11-7 10:08
mine shipped Saturday, should be here Wednesday according to fedex. Ordered 2016-09-28 18:06:28 (U ...

Dji mavic only or combo?
2016-11-7
Use props
fans9f6ddd5e
lvl.1

United States

Mavic Only
2016-11-7
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Fly More Combo shipped today! At last

I ordered 28th Sept at 10am.

Hopefully here Friday. There are quite a few people getting shipping details today....could be some movement for all ?
2016-11-8
Use props
fansd2a2dbda
lvl.1

Switzerland

My order changed status to Shipped when I look in the My Orders section. When I check the order tracking it's still pending, but DHL has been marked as the shipping company. So it looks like something is moving! My order date is October 3rd.
2016-11-8
Use props
fans8001ff7e
lvl.1

United States

fansd2a2dbda Posted at 2016-11-8 04:33
My order changed status to Shipped when I look in the My Orders section. When I check the order trac ...

Is that a bundle ?? Im order date Oct 4 on a bundle..nevr mind just seen it
2016-11-8
Use props
Kaandorp
lvl.1

Netherlands

fans8001ff7e Posted at 2016-11-8 15:04
Is that a bundle ?? Im order date Oct 4 on a bundle..nevr mind just seen it

No. No bundle. Just normal Mavic.
2016-11-8
Use props
kurofaust
lvl.1

United States

I have the bundle and it was shipped. I should get it by Friday by Fedex. That metric thing you have there isn't really useful. Hobbie media seems to be shipping now as they have their items in.
2016-11-9
Use props
Stokke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207339 ft
Norway

Thank you DJI! I hope the people who had serious crashes were taken care of as well!

Tonight I will probably dare to fly indoors again
2016-11-9
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

This thread is confusing. Does it relate to 2 separate firmware releases? If so, wouldn't it be better to have a separate thread for each release. There seem to be 16 pages of comments on the first release before you get to the second one.
2016-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules