New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricardo Marques
lvl.1
Flight distance : 635722 ft
United States

After updating to 400 my video footage became nearly unusable for distant subjects. 500 does not correct the issue.
I have tried different recording resolutions, manual and auto focus, different shutter speeds, ND filters on and off. No luck.
2017-3-5
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Flyboyz Posted at 2017-3-3 21:01
Plz bring back the original startup tone of the Mavic in your next firmware updates, this sounds less melodious

Who cares what the damm start up noise sounds like go fly the thing!
2017-3-5
Use props
fansb56d5bfa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree that the new tone isn't as pleasent at previous, but I do like the audible difference, as it makes it more clear the firmware version you are using.
2017-3-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated to .500, after several flights I downgraded to .400 because the forward sensor are way to sensitive now. The mavic is constantly coming to a stop, even 400 feet in the air regardless of weather it's facing the sun or not. I don't know why DJI would fix something that wasn't broke? Also I had a bunch of error codes after the update, several reboots and they went away but it still spooked me.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans5bc11c1d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72582 ft
Maldives

i just got the mavic. and it is in v .300 do i need to update befor flying?
2017-3-6
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-3-3 20:34
I am in AU and both android 4.04 and IOS 4.05 are available.

Thanks Got it
2017-3-6
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2017-3-3 04:34
I don't have any ND filters at all, no.

reason I ask is mine has been crystal clear but I wanted to get spinning props out from my video due to high shutter speeds so when I use ND filters that's when the problem started. could be something with slow shutter speeds Mavic is over compensating for noise reduction or something. hope their engineers can sort it out.
2017-3-6
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

fans5bc11c1d Posted at 2017-3-6 13:22

The only time I see this issue is if Im flying in low light, like when the sun is going down. I will get tons of warnings and just have to turn them off. Did you test .500 at dusk? I also had to calibrate after the update as my craft was not hovering as steady as it should but after the calibration all was normal.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans235f292f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1483192 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Support, can you look into why the latest Android version of the Go 4 App just released March 3, 2017 version 4.04.
After about five minutes running on my Nvidia shield K-1 the go 4 app crashes. It seems to be related to recording at the same time all the telemetry data is being sent to the controller. I have several Nvidia shield K-1 systems I would like to use the go app on but right now all I can use is the Apple iPad Mini.
I am using android seven on the Nvidia shield K-1 in the latest DJI go 4 app on my Mavic and phantom pro. I know the Nvidia shield K-1 is not listed as your supported hardware but I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and see if there's anyway to resolve the app from crashing.

Thank you for your help and best regards,
2017-3-6
Use props
Wan Miesham
lvl.2
Flight distance : 589528 ft
Malaysia

My mavic unstable. Go up and down with latest firmware. Can't hovet at place.. drifting around....
2017-3-7
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Wan Miesham Posted at 2017-3-7 05:04
My mavic unstable. Go up and down with latest firmware. Can't hovet at place.. drifting around....

I noticed the same thing on .500

It's not drifting 'out of control' per se, but definitely not rock solid like it used to be.

2017-3-7
Use props
Norwegian Airlo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 854951 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Yea, flying straight forward it seems a bit "drunk" . i also did imu calibration after this update but not compass calibration.
2017-3-7
Use props
KEVA1
lvl.1

United States

Linsenfest Posted at 2016-10-21 01:23
Hmm still no update on my ios app.
Or is this a mavic firmware update?

Firmware update...took me less than one minute to complete the update.
2017-3-7
Use props
SonBoki
New

Switzerland

KEVA1 Posted at 2017-3-7 08:01
Firmware update...took me less than one minute to complete the update.

Pls Add Button Turn front Led On/off or in C1/C2. Thx and Greez from Switzerland, SonBoki,Android Honor6, Mavic Pro
2017-3-7
Use props
fans154ff3cd
New

United States

The update isn't being allowed repeatedly it keeps crashing
2017-3-7
Use props
Juanreta_garcia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246004 ft
Spain

Very strange thing, since the upgrade I get the following message

1) Gimbal overload
2) Check if gimbal clamp is on ( gimbal clamp is not on)

What can I do? Thanks
2017-3-7
Use props
Ian Aiken
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23934 ft
United Kingdom

I updated and ever since the RC does not connect to my mobile device from either top or bottom USB and very intermittently to the PC. Now I cannot fly (unless I use WiFi) and I am in service hell.
2017-3-7
Use props
aesculus
lvl.1
United States

SonBoki Posted at 2017-3-7 09:29
Pls Add Button Turn front Led On/off or in C1/C2. Thx and Greez from Switzerland, SonBoki,Android Honor6, Mavic Pro

You can set c1 or c2 to turn on/off the front LEDs. I use my c2 that way.
2017-3-7
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

fans5bc11c1d Posted at 2017-3-6 13:22

No you can skip the update.
2017-3-7
Use props
fans332b5a1a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329131 ft
Thailand

Juanreta_garcia Posted at 2017-3-7 10:30
Very strange thing, since the upgrade I get the following message

1) Gimbal overload

Calibrate gimbal?
2017-3-7
Use props
UnusMundus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46677 ft
France

Litchi and Autopilot state there is an issue with 500 firmware.
Litchi says to not use certain flight mode until a DJI firmware update

No comment from DJI

Read this
Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team
2017-3-8
Use props
fans681ac1c1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550548 ft
France

fans235f292f Posted at 2017-3-6 15:23
Hello Support, can you look into why the latest Android version of the Go 4 App just released March 3, 2017 version 4.04.
After about five minutes running on my Nvidia shield K-1 the go 4 app crashes. It seems to be related to recording at the same time all the telemetry data is being sent to the controller. I have several Nvidia shield K-1 systems I would like to use the go app on but right now all I can use is the Apple iPad Mini.
I am using android seven on the Nvidia shield K-1 in the latest DJI go 4 app on my Mavic and phantom pro. I know the Nvidia shield K-1 is not listed as your supported hardware but I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and see if there's anyway to resolve the app from crashing.

There are many reports about Nvidia Shield and DJI Go 4... There is still no explanation or solution... You can look at these recent posts:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-87037-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-86841-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-86370-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-86066-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-85782-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-85735-1-1.html
2017-3-8
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I cannot recall seeing this mentioned in the release notes, but in the new manual (page 37) we have "Dual Remote Controller Mode" :-)
2017-3-8
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-3-8 07:53
I cannot recall seeing this mentioned in the release notes, but in the new manual (page 37) we have "Dual Remote Controller Mode" :-)

It's in the release notes for DJI GO 4 app...

2017-3-8
Use props
CharlotteNCMavi
New
United States

Fractures Posted at 2017-3-6 15:09
The only time I see this issue is if Im flying in low light, like when the sun is going down. I will get tons of warnings and just have to turn them off. Did you test .500 at dusk? I also had to calibrate after the update as my craft was not hovering as steady as it should but after the calibration all was normal.

When you say you calibrated it, what exactly did you calibrate? Mine is not hovering as steady either since the firmware upgrade.
2017-3-8
Use props
CharlotteNCMavi
New
United States

zach5150 Posted at 2017-3-7 07:12
I noticed the same thing on .500

It's not drifting 'out of control' per se, but definitely not rock solid like it used to be.

Same here, have you figured out a solution yet? Makes me a little uneasy flying it like its meant to be flown when it can't even hover in place correctly.
2017-3-8
Use props
fans4197a663
lvl.1
Flight distance : 915492 ft
United States

I upgraded from 400 to 500. 2 flights. Not as stable as before hovering with no wind. Video and Photos are stable. My sensors work now. They didn't before. A mention of no fly updates, I didn't receive any on the upgrade, but I do recall it updating that previously. It works for me. But I would like to see another update so I can try out Litchi modes.
2017-3-8
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

CharlotteNCMavi Posted at 2017-3-8 11:01
When you say you calibrated it, what exactly did you calibrate? Mine is not hovering as steady either since the firmware upgrade.

the Visual Positioning System
2017-3-8
Use props
DroneCommander
New
United States

Updated to 500 from 400 and stupidly decided to fly it in the house. It too had the stability issue that people have been noticing. Started drifting around my living room and controls were more sensitive then before. Needless to say, it drifted into a wall and wrecked 2 props. Took it outside to retest with new props, recalibrated imu, compass and gimbal and still noticed the drunken hover with zero wind. Decided to downgrade to 400 again as it was rock solid before. Will retest tomorrow running 400 again and see if drunken hover is gone. If not, well i must of broken something when it ran into the wall before. Hope thats not the case as I just got this thing yesterday
2017-3-8
Use props
DStuurmanis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156601 ft
Latvia

Updated to .500 today. The only thing I noticed - the RC is now louder (it was completely silent with older firmware updates).

Should I consider this as an issue or just ignore it? Maybe downgrade back to .400? Anyone?
2017-3-9
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
United States

CharlotteNCMavi Posted at 2017-3-8 11:06
Same here, have you figured out a solution yet? Makes me a little uneasy flying it like its meant to be flown when it can't even hover in place correctly.

I haven't had time to downgrade to 400 and try it yet.
2017-3-9
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
United States

DroneCommander  Posted at 2017-3-8 23:50
Updated to 500 from 400 and stupidly decided to fly it in the house. It too had the stability issue that people have been noticing. Started drifting around my living room and controls were more sensitive then before. Needless to say, it drifted into a wall and wrecked 2 props. Took it outside to retest with new props, recalibrated imu, compass and gimbal and still noticed the drunken hover with zero wind. Decided to downgrade to 400 again as it was rock solid before. Will retest tomorrow running 400 again and see if drunken hover is gone. If not, well i must of broken something when it ran into the wall before. Hope thats not the case as I just got this thing yesterday

Please let me know if you notice an improvement with 400. I haven't had time to downgrade to 400 and test yet.
2017-3-9
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

DStuurmanis Posted at 2017-3-9 06:46
Updated to .500 today. The only thing I noticed - the RC is now louder (it was completely silent with older firmware updates).

Should I consider this as an issue or just ignore it? Maybe downgrade back to .400? Anyone?

Louder RC?  as in the Decibel (DB) level of sound is higher?  I can only think is louder if the motors are working at higher RPM. Any thoughts ?
2017-3-9
Use props
DroneCommander
New
United States

DroneCommander  Posted at 2017-3-8 23:50

So, continuing my investigation, I can in fact conclude that .500 was the cause of the drunken hover. Downgraded to .400 and flew it today on 2 different flights and it flew like a champ. The hover was back to rock solid. Also improved my range over flying with .500. I could barely get a mile with .500. In the two flights I took today in the same spot running .400, I was able to achieve 10500 feet before almost losing it and on the second flight I took it to 11700 and still couldve kept going. I turned back to make sure I had enough juice in the tank. Bottom line for me: I will be avoiding .500 and sticking with .400. Much more stable.
2017-3-9
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As others have reported, with my Samsung S7, goApp 4
Video signal drops out and does not recover, Mavic remains flyable.

Happened straight after the firmware update. First time it happened I landed it, restarted mavic, controller and goapp4.
connected fine after again a few min it dropped out.

Flown same place as many times before, no interference.
I believe the GOApp4 has a problem ?
2017-3-9
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Put in an hour and a half testing .500 today, and i gotta say it flew superbly,  no glitches or drop outs of video, no drops in RC , GPS or vid signal,  7x  RTH landed within 75mm of take off (used a custom mat, so knew if it was out on landing)  focus while in normal mode was very clear and spot on picture,  tried many side ways flying,  back wards and very high speed turns to see if the gimbal held level and it did, each flight connected with motorola play x with out drama,    extended hover flight at 40mtrs altitude,   lined up with camera facing vertical onto my landing pad using grid on Go4 app and it didnt budge more than a foot or so for 10mins solid hover,  max distance flown was only 500mtrs,  but even at this distance everything was full bars,  tried sports mode many times from P mode and back again , all good,  didnt get chance to try all the intelligent flight modes yet though, so thats next time. cinematic worked fine but not much different to my standard settings and cerainly not slow enough to call it cinematic.
2017-3-9
Use props
DStuurmanis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156601 ft
Latvia

GravitonPhotogr Posted at 2017-3-9 11:37
Louder RC?  as in the Decibel (DB) level of sound is higher?  I can only think is louder if the motors are working at higher RPM. Any thoughts ?

I went trough few forum topics and find an exact issue, as I have. Only thing is, that my RC ain't so loud as the persons below in the link:

Link:

People wrote, that it may be the cooler (fan) in the RC. Only question is - why it was completely silent for me and got louder only after the newest firmware update?!
2017-3-9
Use props
CaptainMoonligh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35220 ft
United Kingdom

Since upgrading to .500 I've noticed that my video feed is a bit choppy and like others my startup sound has changed. However it doesn't play it twice it plays the last two notes followed by the full melody.

What's odd though is that if I turn the mavic off and then restart it the jingle plays normal like it should do.
2017-3-9
Use props
Zhankezk
New
Flight distance : 170351 ft
Australia

Updated today to 500, stuck on 39% for like 10 mins, restarted mavic, controller and IOS app. It shows all hood with latest firmware... A bit concerned, plus all the problems people talking about with 500. Will test tmr and update of any issues.
2017-3-10
Use props
fansf8f7e119
New
Canada

I just purchased and mine today and during the firmware update it also hung up at 39% for a long time on iOS. The controller said ready though.  I restarted everything and checked the firmware. It read v01.03.0500. I have yet to fly it though as the winds here are 50km/hr with guts up to 70km/hr :/
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules