New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Derodeo
lvl.2

Canada

fans75505490 Posted at 2017-3-19 16:23
I just did the firmware update and now I can not use my mavic. It connects fine, I get no error messages but when I execute the joystick position to initiate take off, nothing happens.

The RC is connected as I can still adjust the tilt of the gimble, zoom, take photos record video etc... The problem seems that the joystick movements are no longer registering.

Your issue sounds much like mine (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid746640). My inability to calibrate the sticks corresponded to the current firmware update. I did after a great many tries manage to calibrate the sticks (or at least the app says I successfully calibrated them) but the normal CSC command to start the motors does not work for me. I did not try yet your proposed solution of having the Mavic powered on during stick calibration.
2017-3-27
Use props
ibidochkadepp
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

kpuk Posted at 2017-3-27 06:11
The last firmware update created some issues with the API. This means 3rd-party apps such as Litchi no longer work safely with most flight modes. There was supposed to be a new firmware released around March 11/12, but clearly that hasn't happened. Anyone any idea when a fixed firmware will be released?

I was wondering the same thing. When will this mess been cleared up and a OK firmware be released?
2017-3-28
Use props
Tabitha
New
United States

Just updated today! video looks like junk! I have red lines in my live feed on my iphone6 plus! I have jello affect in my videos now! This is terrible!! Had not one problem before this update, now my video looks so bad!! What Happened?? So Bummed out Now!!
2017-3-28
Use props
ibidochkadepp
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ibidochkadepp Posted at 2017-3-28 14:30
I was wondering the same thing. When will this mess been cleared up and a OK firmware be released?

I cannot understand how DJI can bring Firmware .0500 which jeopardizes the API and does nothing to fix the issue for 4 weeks now. I like DJI, but that's not good...

Same thing with tilted horizon which has been there forever...
2017-3-30
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tabitha Posted at 2017-3-28 18:39
Just updated today! video looks like junk! I have red lines in my live feed on my iphone6 plus! I have jello affect in my videos now! This is terrible!! Had not one problem before this update, now my video looks so bad!! What Happened?? So Bummed out Now!!

The red lines sounds like focus peaking is switched on.
This is supposed to help you see that critical areas are in focus, but you can disable it if you want, I quite like it but at the least intrusive setting
2017-3-30
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ibidochkadepp Posted at 2017-3-30 10:48
I cannot understand how DJI can bring Firmware .0500 which jeopardizes the API and does nothing to fix the issue for 4 weeks now. I like DJI, but that's not good...

Same thing with tilted horizon which has been there forever...

its been problematic since Release ! in October,  the nearest firmware got to being useable was .200 on my machine ( provided i did not use sport mode or intelligent modes)  but it was reliable ?!   each firmware release has fixed a couple things and broken many more,  and this is the same trend all the way through.  i would love to see each of the craft firmwares split apart to dedicated firmware for each, and then two types of firmware for each craft, one being a reliable firmware that you can trust with out all the bells and whistles, purely because DJI cant write a solid firmware, then a version with all the intelligent flight modes and stuff so that users can try it if they feel brave.     at the moment we are in a hopeless situation as there is one bloated firmware/software package that tries to run all the machines , this will NEVER work in a satisfactory manner because there are too many variables,  hundreds of different phones and tablets across different platforms, and each with the capability to be running other software, and different firmware versions and different app versions, let alone the poor USB interface which has to try and marry this together.   tablets and screens attached to transmitters with wires and cables are seriously outdated now, and very unreliable compared to a dedicated transmitter with in built dumb screens,   
2017-3-30
Use props
D-Box
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213855 ft
United States

My upgrade to 500 went fine, but when I flew for the first time yesterday I couldn't believe how bad the experience was.  Video signal very choppy and dropped out in places it never did before.  The RC signal also dropped out just 1000' or so from home.  I did not take any video when I flew.  I downgraded to 400 this morning which is very easy.  Very disappointed in DJI's ability to improve the product without breaking it at the same time.
2017-3-31
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

Thor,

My iOS devices auto updated to the latest DJI Go App 4.06 without asking me for confirmation.  I don't want to upgrade the Mavic and RC to the latest FW because of items taken away with the latest FW upgrade 1.0.3.050, mainly the ability to use throttle up to cancel landings (I know the work around is to turn off landing protection), and because the extreme braking for emergencies has been disabled when using pause button. With the latest firmware, 1.0.3.050,  pause is like letting off the sticks.  BTW, having compared both .04 and .05 FW, I've confirmed that there is no change in top speed. With both I can hit a bit over 40 with the right conditions.
Sooo....a question for pilots and MODS, is there harm or any problems (other than a reminder to upgrade the FW)  in leaving the app at the lastest  4.06 while running with older firmware on the Mavic and RC? Pilots please reply IF you have experience using the latest app with older FW.

2017-3-31
Use props
Spock1
New
Flight distance : 302 ft
United States

Has anyone tried it?
2017-3-31
Use props
D-Box
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213855 ft
United States

Tried what?
2017-3-31
Use props
Unstabler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155741 ft
United Kingdom

I flew with latest Go 4.06 and firmware .04 with no issues. Really don't want to update firmware as everything works fine for me as it is.
2017-4-1
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

Just curious, does anyone know that there is a new version for DJI Assistant. I just deleted and reinstalled the latest version. Is .05 still glitchy? I am still hanging on .04.
2017-4-1
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just took mine back to .400 from .500 and test flown ok ish !  well the hover is more clinical in .400 and not so drunk,  the range is back to good,  however i still have the tears in the video on the phone screen,  was perfect before 4.0.5 android.  this is so annoying,  even the cache recorded on the phone has the same tears,  its next to useless,   as i some how have to roll back the go4 app by one version, but cant.  and it annoyingly keeps reminding me that there are updates available for mavic and tx.    so i am left in the middle of now where!  the versions of Go4 dont match up to good versions of Mavic and tx  FW,     how hard is it for them to build a proper FW for tx and mavic and a dedicated Go App,   this has soured a really nice machine and made it poor,   its now, no better than any other £1000 quad, and to be honest its worse than any £1000 quad i know right now.  cant DJI see they are turning customers away because of their poor firmware and app stability,  maybe they dont want to see !  maybe the mavics life span expectancy is over already.   its such a shame as this could have been the best small quad EVER !  if only all the features worked and was reliable !
2017-4-2
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This Quad frustrates me more than any quad or multirotor i have ever owned!  we all now it has the potential to be fantastic,  but the crazy firmware and software is unbelievably cheap and second rate, i do hasten to add that the statement refers to it all working correctly and not the visual layout,   visual layout is how DJI wanted it, and is visually layed out in an almost  acceptable way, not totally logical but near enough appears to be  good enough from DJI's view point. i really hope DJI see sense and cut their losses and make a firmware soley dedicated to the machinery, then have all the firmwares and softwares available for download,  then as soon as possible through away the idea of phones and tablets controlling or having any part in controlling aircraft,    phones and tablets are not at aircraft standard,  they may be ok for toys and stuff but surely not for the likes of   Mavics , Phantoms, Inspires, M series craft.   maybe i am the only one who see's it this way ?   if thats the case i will happily sell out my DJI equipment,   can any of the DJI team make comment ?   are DJI actively looking to sort these issues with FW and Softwares?
2017-4-2
Use props
tanakrit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329131 ft
Thailand

I'm waiting for fw.200 returned or newer firmware from fw.500 ,
- Because of other firmware problems with landing.
- There was a problem sending the video delayed delay.
- The tilt of the camera plane. To the left or right If you fast rotate in fpv mode.
- Connection Remote access to drone delayed.
- Focus is very hard and issue at night or low light.
- Mode change Automation from the obstacle to normal is over acting.
- From slow to fast speed. Make control a shocking.
And a little bit more.
2017-4-3
Use props
fans103c4f99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705768 ft
Indonesia

this .500 fw has nearly crashed my Mavic. After FW Upgrade, i calibrated gimbal and IMU then fly. At 30 metres height suddenly gimbal motor overload and the aircraft rotating clockwise uncontrolled without RC input, lucky me i managed to land it back. Downgrade to FW .400, calibrate everything and it went fine!!. This .500 FW is not right, not even the initializing sound has a reverse sound. Beware !!
2017-4-4
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I downloaded the new DJI Assist software, there is an updated version, hope everyone is aware of that. I am happy with .500. I had no problems at all. No drifting. I know that when the Mavic is facing the sun, the obstacle avoidance beeps. No issues, just make sure you refresh after a successful update just to be sure.  
2017-4-5
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

and now  to start again...how is the new firmware? )...I am at .100 direct from factory and despite the fact that I am a maniac of updating in this case I did not feel the need to update my mavic...to much ...very to much problems with mavic firmware...
2017-4-5
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

I am sorry to say that the latest firmware did not fix the dynamic homepoint/follow me issue.  Basically all the tabs and phones that work fine with all my DJI products are not working with my Mavic.

It's a shame because otherwise this things works perfectly. I don't have any of blur issues.  Ugh.  The biggest problem for me is that I won't buy my I2 (which I need) until this issue is fixed with the Mavic and too many people have it.  If the Inspire 2 could run on the old Go App, maybe I would feel different.

I thought the Mavic was running like a rock. I didn't know it was having issues.  DJI always does get it right but damn, I REALLY don't want to send it back but the return slip has been printed, I was waiting for this firmware and hoping against hope and bupkis.  

Damn!
2017-4-5
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

Unstabler Posted at 2017-4-1 09:40
I flew with latest Go 4.06 and firmware .04 with no issues. Really don't want to update firmware as everything works fine for me as it is.

That's the DJI rule. Never change working firmware combo, ever!
2017-4-5
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

Tabitha Posted at 2017-3-28 18:39

Why would you update if you had not problems??1!
2017-4-5
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-5 04:21

Why would a company continue to update their firmware? known problems
Why would you not update your firmware? because you are waiting to have a problem
2017-4-5
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-5 04:21

the real question is WHY NOT? indeed as it came out i'm here UPDATING it .. which is what you should do wheneveer there is a new firmware which is going to fix some problems that people using the mavic reported !
[edit]
updated..took me 10 minutes all smooth with Dji assistant trough pc ! i'm gonna take a flight this afternoon ;)

2017-4-5
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

No mention of the "abort landing with 'UP' stick" being added back in.  Anyone know if that feature was put back?  DJI-Ken said he was told the developers were adding it back in the release this month.
2017-4-5
Use props
Unstabler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155741 ft
Germany

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-4-5 04:51
the real question is WHY NOT? indeed as it came out i'm here UPDATING it .. which is what you should do wheneveer there is a new firmware which is going to fix some problems that people using the mavic reported !

Well, the reason "why not" is because of this long thread of people having fully working Mavics, who then installed the update and now have junk. The .04 update fixed issues with the drone that a) I don't have and b) if I do get at some point will not cause any kind of safety issue, so I think I would be mad to update to .04 when it isn't fixing anything for me and could make things worse.

Just seen they have released .05 - Again, it isn't fixing a problem I have, so unless I hear that it is a good, stable update I will stay with the version I have.
2017-4-5
Use props
Capt Hurls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84675 ft
United States

Upon updating/rebooting all and restarting app, I was running through motions and while tilting camera up/down with wheel - I received a wheel error.  I pressed forward and re-ran tests and saw nothing.  Nothing was blocking the drone/sitting on floor/level flat surface.
2017-4-5
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

for those " afraid " of upgrading :-D
as mentioned before i did update.. i went to fly , i tried many different smart  flight mode and SPORT mode ..
everything just GREAT !! i did notice a better hovering of the mavic !!

One last thing not related to update..
someone ,recently, mentioned an interest of BEE over our drone...
well today i can confirm it.. few bees where actually around it while hovering.. they did follow him when i moved ! it might be reelated to the noise of the mavic...
2017-4-5
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-4-5 04:51
[edit]
updated..took me 10 minutes all smooth with Dji assistant trough pc ! i'm gonna take a flight this afternoon ;)

You must be a first time DJI owner.  When it works, don't update, EVER, unless it brings in a thing you REALLY want or some other reason like you HAVE to.

As the o;d sauomg goes. don't try to fix what aint broke.  Your logic is not faulted mind you but understand that there are a million combinations going on with software and firmware with both RC and bird and when you have the right potion, leave it.
2017-4-5
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-5 07:27
You must be a first time DJI owner.  When it works, don't update, EVER, unless it brings in a thing you REALLY want or some other reason like you HAVE to.

As the o;d sauomg goes. don't try to fix what aint broke.  Your logic is not faulted mind you but understand that there are a million combinations going on with software and firmware with both RC and bird and when you have the right potion, leave it.

ok got your point :-) and yes mavic is my 1st drone ever!
anyway i'll " stick " to my point believing all will be good :-P

in this case then i was lucky and it did go well :-) i tested also RTH via pp and via rc
all good .. at least from me everything was 100% good !
2017-4-5
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone tested Litchi and Autopilot with this new firmware?
2017-4-5
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

I am very curious about litchi because the panorama and vr flight are best...because that I purchased litchi...also really I want to see camera improvements...we deserve it...because so much hype and sell of mavic...an history making drone...it is pity to not improve it's firmware...
2017-4-5
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

im staying on version 400 for now as everything is working as it should,until a camera update comes out to fix the 1080p 60fps issue  
2017-4-5
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

new update has alot of grain in the video, even on a clear day.
2017-4-5
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-4-5 09:16
new update has alot of grain in the video, even on a clear day.

uhmmm i'd tell u to check ur settings..
i made a video in 4k just now.. and honestly was the best ever !!
2017-4-5
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

yes the sensor seems to be very noisy....then they modified also the camera...but not mentioning it...best they could do is to put the NR engine under our control so everyone to choose what suit them best....I always prefer a grainy movie but sharp and detailed... and artifact free...
2017-4-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2017-4-5 08:07
Anyone tested Litchi and Autopilot with this new firmware?

Yes, and it's NOT fixed, I doubt it will be.
2017-4-5
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

hmm why that? best will be if the dji will include the panorama and vr flight in their software...or the waypoints   

it is so much better to fly in vr...clearly seeing flying medium and much better approximating distances...never doable on an phone or tablet screen...in sun....
2017-4-5
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Currently I am on version .0500, is version .0550 worth is the update?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-5
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

LOL seriously DJI....

What’s New?

1. Optimized the RTH function.
2. Improved hovering performance.

Could you be any more vague.... I dont think so. My range also went to crap when I upgraded to .500 so I immediately downgraded to .4 and will be sticking with it until DJI can release another stable firmware and maybe actually come out with some decent patch notes...
2017-4-5
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Why so negative?
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules