New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ib6Ltl49QwrH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 820 ft
United States

I ordered from Adorama they just got back after a week of Jewish holiday. I bet it will take the rest of the week to even get close to catching up. They could care less about my little tiny $1300 order. On the positive side with them they haven't charged my card yet. November is almost here and it will be here soon. In time for a planed vacation to Hawaii. Yes I was there it now but it's not end of the world. I would rather DJI send me a quality product and not have to send it back.
2016-10-26
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

ThisLife Posted at 2016-10-26 16:34
Thank you! I'll try to figure it out and post back.

Did it ship out for you yet?
2016-10-26
Use props
0sarc0
lvl.2

Australia

Ib6Ltl49QwrH Posted at 2016-10-27 10:59
I ordered from Adorama they just got back after a week of Jewish holiday. I bet it will take the res ...

I wouldn't bet on that. People that ordered on the 27th still have not got anthing.

2016-10-26
Use props
glopez861
lvl.1

Tried updating to latest firmware for my remote both through the app and through my MacBook. Android app shows no update available and when I try through dji assistant it downloads latest version then tries to update it but keeps saying failed. Any idea why?
2016-10-26
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

glopez861 Posted at 2016-10-27 12:41
Tried updating to latest firmware for my remote both through the app and through my MacBook. Android ...

I got the same problem! I downloaded the firmware update through the Dji Assistant but every time I try to update the drone, it fails! Any solution?
2016-10-26
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8520 ft

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-27 13:19
I got the same problem! I downloaded the firmware update through the Dji Assistant but every time  ...

Tried it directly through the  go App and it's working now! Thanks!
2016-10-26
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft

Ordered 1th Oct and still pending...
IMG_2159.JPG
2016-10-26
Use props
vraghdash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66594 ft
Hungary

Linsenfest Posted at 2016-10-27 08:05
Ordered 1th Oct and still pending...

this picture is FAKE...

its me...
2016-10-26
Use props
glopez861
lvl.1

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-27 13:37
Tried it directly through the  go App and it's working now! Thanks!

Ended up switching to my windows laptop and updated that way. Worked!
2016-10-27
Use props
Thulinm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223238 ft
Australia

Understand if for example newegg bought a big batch as one of the "first" customer and then reselling. As I see it, first in /)
Didn't ordered mine until 1/10. So still some waiting to do. Strangely though I haven't heard about Anyone down here in Australia got shipping notice even though few of us ordered mavic only on the 27th. Just bit strange. First in doesn't really apply anymore.
Guess sensing bigger batch to us amongst few other countries to save on shipping.
Just guessing but think pretty correct here.
And still no estimate delivery time.
2016-10-27
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not complaining and am not is a super rush for the Mavic. I have not received an update, and it'ts now apparent that Combo units are shipping to US for orders placed after my order. So for those of you who are waiting, I would not read too much into the order dates/times relative to when your shipment will be made.
2016-10-27
Use props
tristan56
lvl.1

United States

So there is one out for delivery in my area today but my shipping hasn't updated on the site. Is there anyone here that has gotten theirs in before it was posted on DJI's site?
EDIT: Wasn't for me.
2016-10-27
Use props
GuardianZX9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28438 ft
United States

http://gizmodo.com/dji-is-mislea ... s-newest-1788251112

The truth is, that is only a very small quantity of it released to comfort the market. (Please make this confidential, just for you dealers.)

Please try your best to convince your customers to stick with you, don’t cancel their preorders. IF they head to DJI official store for it now, they will have to wait much much longer to get it because there are hundreds of thousands of preorders in line on DJI official store now and they will have to take care of it for the whole globe.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I will try my best to ship out orders as soon as possible starting from Oct. 25th.

WOW

2016-10-27
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

GuardianZX9 Posted at 2016-10-27 09:37
http://gizmodo.com/dji-is-mislea ... s-newest-1788251112

The truth is, that is only a very small qu ...

Ok well my post got deleted. Wow. As I was saying...

That is some bullcrap if true.

DJI needs to send out free batteries or at least do a buy one get one coupon for their screw up.
2016-10-27
Use props
GuardianZX9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28438 ft
United States

They just need to tell everyone what is going on.  the secrecy and misrepresentation has to go.  If you had no plans to ship on Oct 15th you should have just said so.

I would have gladly sent you my money anyway, I consider all the interest you are earning on the tens of millions of dollars collected part of the cost of development.

The Mavic speaks for itself, it already set the expectation, don't be idiots and try to pull one over on your customers.

I have been buying from DJI for years and my local dealer set my expectation for DJI long ago, he deals with this stuff every day.
2016-10-27
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

They've changed the Shipping estimation form within November to December on a first come first served basis, on the Mavic Pro page on their website. Something is very wrong with this product.
2016-10-27
Use props
bill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15358 ft
United States

Kuzz Posted at 2016-10-25 05:56
Good news for the Combo purchasers...

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/mavic-pro-update

Order placed, Fly More Combo, Order Time:        2016-10-02 13:01:04 (UTC), still waiting on shipping notice
2016-10-27
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-10-27 11:09
They've changed the Shipping estimation form within November to December on a first come first serve ...

That's only if you were to order now. That is not for people that have already ordered.
2016-10-27
Use props
WayneHuntley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4823 ft
United States

So Many Posts  So, many threads to watch   After following all this fun for days... I'm trying to figure out if the Mavic is still being shipped or if it stopped again. Like so many others,  I ordered mine on the 28th direct from DJI. I'm still pending.  Just wondering which one of these threads is the best place to watch for news of more shipping?  Which thread is everyone else watching this one? LOL :-)
2016-10-27
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Portugal

bill@4kmo.com Posted at 2016-10-28 01:24
Order placed, Fly More Combo, Order Time:        2016-10-02 13:01:04 (UTC), still waiting on shipping not ...

Nevertheless if you pe-order somenting in October and they can deliver it only in December when they already announced shipping in mid-October it's because there is a problem with the production of the drone.
2016-10-27
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Portugal

Last year I backed a product in Kickstarter wich was due to ship in April this year. It only shipped in October but they kept the backers informed about everything that was hapening with the development and production of the item.
2016-10-27
Use props
Rhoffmann100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41755 ft
United States

Ordered  my combo on 10/13. Being patient and can't wait for the the magic #4 " order shipped"
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-10-28 01:46
Nevertheless if you pe-order somenting in October and they can deliver it only in December when th ...

The Mavic is already shipping, the December shipping estimate on the website is if you order now.
There's so many ordered and that's why if you order it today that's whay you'll have a December estimate.
People who pre-ordered are already starting to receive them
2016-10-27
Use props
tristan56
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 14:30
The Mavic is already shipping, the December shipping estimate on the website is if you order now.

Maybe you could tell me why others that ordered the Fly More Combo from DJI directly are receiving theirs before mine has shipped out?
2016-10-27
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 12:30

Hi Ken,

I ordered my Mavic Pro only on Sept 28th so I think that DJI is just not being honest with their customers. It should of been shipped long ago.  I'm starting to think DJI is a totally unethical company too. The worst is charging peoples CC for something they truly can't ship in any large numbers for a long time and telling people nothing about their order. The above statement to that dealer says it all for me.
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BayArea99 Posted at 2016-10-28 03:42
Hi Ken,

I ordered my Mavic Pro only on Sept 28th so I think that DJI is just not being honest wit ...

Here is what part of what my boss posted.

Our priority remains to satisfy our customers.. Did we only ship 50 units? No that is a total fabrication. We have had to ramp up our production differently than expected to meet the demand that extended beyond what we planned for launch. We're grateful for the customers that are sticking by us while we get this sorted out so we get the best product out. Revel in those that have theirs and please be patient if you are still waiting for yours. You will have yours soon.  
2016-10-27
Use props
lK14A0pG4iEn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1353409 ft
United States

My Best Buy preorder just moved from Oct 31 to Nov 30
2016-10-27
Use props
tristan56
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 14:50

Our priority remains to satisfy our customers.. Did we  ...

Hi DJI-Ken, my order was placed 2016-09-27 20:09:07 (UTC) and I am seeing other Fly More Combo Orders going out before my order that were placed after that time. Can you tell me why this is? Or can you link me to a department that can tell me what is going on and why others are getting put ahead of my order?
2016-10-27
Use props
Thulinm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223238 ft
Australia

Ken. An estimate For us that preordered? Any idea what date are they up to with the pre-sale shipment. I know the combo taking longer time and not sure what priority retailers have that ordered massive amounts (understand still a "normal" order. Just ordered the mavic pro. Ordered made on 1/10.
2016-10-27
Use props
jacobo.palazon
lvl.1

United States

tristan56 Posted at 2016-10-27 15:55
Hi DJI-Ken, my order was placed 2016-09-27 20:09:07 (UTC) and I am seeing other Fly More Combo Ord ...

Same thing for me, 20:10:34 on 27th, still pending
2016-10-27
Use props
tristan56
lvl.1

United States

jacobo.palazon@ Posted at 2016-10-27 15:03

I wouldn't hold your breathe. I am starting to believe that article more the less I hear from DJI. I don't think I made the first shipment like I was originally told. It just makes me angry that people that obviously ordered the same thing after me are receiving theirs. I really hate this company's customer support it is truly horrible.
2016-10-27
Use props
tristan56
lvl.1

United States

jacobo.palazon@ Posted at 2016-10-27 15:03

I wouldn't hold your breathe. I am starting to believe that article more the less I hear from DJI. I don't think I made the first shipment like I was originally told. It just makes me angry that people that obviously ordered the same thing after me are receiving theirs. I really hate this company's customer support it is truly horrible.
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

tristan56 Posted at 2016-10-28 03:55
Hi DJI-Ken, my order was placed 2016-09-27 20:09:07 (UTC) and I am seeing other Fly More Combo Ord ...

I'm sorry, I have no info on that. The only department that can tell you any kind of order status is onlinesales @dji.com
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thulinm Posted at 2016-10-28 03:55
Ken. An estimate For us that preordered? Any idea what date are they up to with the pre-sale shipmen ...

If I had an estimate, trust me I'd want you all to know.
All I can say is email online sales as they are able to provide the latest info.
2016-10-27
Use props
tristan56
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 15:22
If I had an estimate, trust me I'd want you all to know.
All I can say is email online sales as th ...

Yeah I did that around 8am this morning Central time and still haven't heard anything back.
2016-10-27
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 12:50

Hi Ken,

I can appreciated your commitment to customer service, thanks! I'm an Senior Principal Engineer working up north here in Silicon Valley, a principal in 6 startups here during my career, made $6m in my 30's from the first two startups, holder of 13 US patents. I currently work with many Asian companies.  What I find working with them is that they put a higher priority on making money over customer service. They feel that their customers will just take it.

People here have two problems with DJI:
1. No idea when their order will ship.
2. Charging peoples CC before shipment.

We are used to normal order processing, not what DJI is feeding us. For example, I ordered a new IPhone 7 Plus, jet black 256G on Sept 24th. Told initially shipment on 11/22-11/27. A few weeks later got an update to 11/2-11/7. Finally they shipped it on Oct 21th. So that's how it's done.
2016-10-27
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

Well my Best Buy order was originally supposed to be delivered by 10/29. Now it got moved back to 11/30!!!

This is completely unacceptable!! I was "ok" with the original push back but now another month!!! Are you kidding me!!! I am about ready to cancel my order. How can you play your customers like this? It was all to steal pre-orders from Karma but DJI can't even fulfill what they said they would do. This is my first drone and so far I am pretty pissed off.

I feel bad for the guy that canceled his order from DJI and then ordered from Best Buy thinking it would be delivered sooner.
2016-10-27
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 03:50

I'm sorry Ken, but you should give people an estimated date for the shipment of their individual orders. I believe it is not that hard to do. If one person makes an order ant it´s placed in the qeue, according to the number of drones produced each day, DJI should be able to tell each person when the order would be shipped.
2016-10-27
Use props
Wasabi6
lvl.3
United States

I hope DJIs competition is watching this customer service fiasco unfolding on a daily basis....unbelievable.

GoPro- inferior product, better customer service
DJI- superior product, NO customer service and outright shadiness

DJI needs to understand the metrics....other products will inevitably catch up in technological prowess. It's unbelievable a billion dollar company doesn't understand
the hole they are digging themselves in not communicating with those they have taken money from

Crazy days....

Maybe if TRUMP wins China won't be treating us like this anymore lol
2016-10-27
Use props
gary97
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

This morning, I emailed online sales the below question.  I have not yet heard back, but in fairness, I emailed only ~6 hours ago.

However, I have previously sent 2 emails, and they responded only to the first when I was considering the purchase.  They have not responded to my second email, which was 6 days ago (10/21), in which I told them I had ordered the unit, but had follow-up questions.  It remains to be seen what will happen with today's email.

"Noting on one of the forum threads that there has been at least one case where the person’s account online shows payment confirmed, but he was told by customer service that it was not, that it was only pending.  My online account shows payment confirmed for my order #xxxxxxxxxxxx.  Would you please confirm whether or not this is true, is my payment indeed confirmed?

And, noting the ruckus in the forum threads about shipping delays, I am one of the more patient customers.  So, as you all have been inundated with that issue, I will not ask you to give me an idea as to when my Mavic Combo might ship.  (If you want to volunteer that information, I won't reject the information!)
"

When I was in sales for 20 years, I learned a great adage:  "Under promise, over deliver."

I found my bottle opener, so I'm back off to have my lunch.
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules