New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

2016-09-27 19:43:07 (UTC) - 2 Fly More Combo's Shipped to NY
2016-10-28
Use props
O66cfjoVULeS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72963 ft
United States

Just checked my status on the DJI store, and it's showing as shipped!  No other details yet...

Mavic Pro w/controller only (fly-less?)
Ordered 2016-09-28 12:49:04 (UTC)
2016-10-28
Use props
nhome
lvl.1

Australia

my fly more ordered 28/9 now says shipping DHL ... previously said translation.missing still says pending though so must be getting tracking number soon
2016-10-28
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 21:58
Gary,
I totally understand you wanting to know as winter is approaching.
The website currently sta ...
Oops, wrong quote.
2016-10-28
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chrism3evo Posted at 2016-10-28 08:23
Hi Guess, I'm new to the forum. I fly an Inspire 1 already but have ordered the Mavic Pro fly more b ...

Hi Chris,

Could be in for a wait. I am form the UK also and i ordered mine on the 28th Sept......mine is still pending

I would imagine you may get yours around mid/end Nov? Its anyones guess at the moment though.
2016-10-28
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just had an interesting experience. I was chatting to Kobe on the chatline. I asked him for an update and he cut me off so I can no longer access chat facility. I can assure you I was not rude or unpleasant.

DJI are just getting worse and worse....
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Thulinm Posted at 2016-10-28 15:41
Thank you ken to try to "calm" is down. You deserve a holiday after this and hopefully you get to ta ...

Thank you, I'm just doing my job. I really do wish you all had your Mavics, in time you will. Then is when the hard work starts assisting all of you with your technical questions.
Before your first flight, I'd suggest everyone to read the manual a few times so they fully understand all of the features, functions, and especially the limitations of the aircraft.
And you have a good weekend as well.
2016-10-28
Use props
bhdh6dEFiy6j
lvl.1

Love this, called DJI early this week and was told my order on 9/29 was in first batch and would ship no later than the 31st.  I emailied DJI yesterday and was told by "Jewel" that my order was NOT in the first batch and would be shipping early November!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WTF DJI, whos running the show there??  I think im going to cancel.  As a first time DJI customer I just dont have ANY confidence in their operation.
2016-10-28
Use props
paull
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I ordered mine on the 29th Sept and I for one am happily waiting.

However, and whilst I would love to have it now (especially for an upcoming trip) DJI must have had a tsunami of orders and as it is also a fantastic new product there is only so much they can do with their man / woman power to get them out and delivered with that level of orders. You have to accept that this is not an established product with ready stock and is new of the line. I suspect that our orders are still coming off that line and being boxed.

Is there really a huge urgency? We all ordered as a Pre-Order and it will arrive. If we were talking months of delays then I would have an issue, but we are talking a possible 1 to 4 weeks.

There are much bigger things to worry about in this world. Remember,  Patience is a virtue.

2016-10-28
Use props
bhdh6dEFiy6j
lvl.1

paull@redboatde Posted at 2016-10-28 23:36

However, and whilst I would love  ...

id have all the patience in the world if someone at DJI had the guts to tell people really whats going on. A little bit of accurate information goes an extremely long way
2016-10-28
Use props
paull
lvl.1

United Kingdom

There is a lot of speculation though.

It is fairly clear from their communications to me that they are trying their hardest to get our orders out and delivered. There is the post that says they only posted 50 initially but who cares.

Be thankful you did not order a Lily. (Not sure whatever happened to that but I luckily got my money back - Now that was worth moaning about)

I personally accept that this is a new product, being manufactured as we type. They have not got thousands of boxed products ready to ship to us all.  

On the 29th, it was stated a mid Oct delivery. We are now toward the end of Oct, (2 weeks!) What is another 2 weeks or so in the great scheme of things.

2016-10-28
Use props
paull
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Off topic but as I bought up the Lily drone. Fund Backers are still waiting for this, 2 years later after pre-order.

http://www.droningon.co/2016/08/25/lily-drone-delayed-again/
2016-10-28
Use props
ProToBe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30 ft
United States

Is DJI really shipping out???

I only see here people complaining and crying...

Who has received theirs please let us know... Give us some comfort!!!!

2016-10-28
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 16:01
Thank you, I'm just doing my job. I really do wish you all had your Mavics, in time you will. Then ...

Can I ask what might be a stupid question.

This will eventually be my first drone and my first collection of flight will be low level and not much distance until I get confidence in myself and the machine.

If something happens, drone stops responding to controls, or starts to wonder in a direction I dont want it too, or stops dead hovering out of reach is there a procedure for shutting it off ? I think I saw somewhere that the phantoms had a kill switch, both stick down and in, is it the same for the mavic ?
Or a procedure for trying to recover control ?

For me this is my main concern, because Im new to this and lack the experience to deal with unexpected problems in a quick and calm manner, it would turn into blind panic fairly quickly.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-29 02:09
Can I ask what might be a stupid question.

This will eventually be my first drone and my first co ...

Yes, there is the same CSC as the P3 (not P4) and you can disable the CSC or enable it to work but only if there's a malfunction with the aircraft. So you cannot accidentally shut off the motors anymore.
To be honest, I would practice with a inexpensive aircraft until you felt totally confident.
I'd hate to see you crash the Mavic due to a pilot error that could have easily been avoided with experience.
Also, make sure to purchase the Care Refresh and they way you will be covered for that Oops moment.
2016-10-28
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 19:25
Yes, there is the same CSC as the P3 (not P4) and you can disable the CSC or enable it to work but ...

I have had radio controlled cars and planes in the past, and a helicopter but that only lasted for about 20 seconds.
Cars were easy if something failed, and plane crashes were fairly cheap to repair (buy an ARTF and swap the parts).
Worry here is there is so much gadgets and sensors and I dont know what else, and I think the only way to get experience with the controller and menus and settings is to use them.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-29 02:54
I have had radio controlled cars and planes in the past, and a helicopter but that only lasted for ...

It truly is amazing all the technology built into the Mavic. t really does need to be fully understood before flight so by reading the entire 62 page manual cover to cover will help tremendously.
Then while in a LARGE open field you can fly and get a feel for it. Then when you are comfortable with flying it and with all the video/photo settings, then start using some of the intelligent features.
2016-10-28
Use props
Tamudoc04
lvl.1
United States

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-28 13:54
I have had radio controlled cars and planes in the past, and a helicopter but that only lasted for ...

Birdog, if you have experience with RC airplanes and a helicopter, you should be fine with a drone. They are ridiculously easy to fly compared to other RC aircraft. As always, just be aware of your surroundings.  
2016-10-28
Use props
redtailhawk
New

United States

Yesterday there was a story in Gizmodo that claims DJI told a dealer in an email that "there are hundreds of thousands of preorders in line on DJI official store now "  of the Mavic and that everyone should be patient. You can bet Bestbuy and Amazon are both furious that they were given fulfillment dates they could not keep and have had some words with DJI. They have way more pull than any of us. Looks like the truth is pretty simple. Demand is off the charts and supply is what it is. Remember when the Nintendo WII launched 10 years ago? - folks were paying triple retail price on ebay and those with preorders waited for many months. This happens sometimes. You can ask the reps all you want, but the law of supply and demand has hit hard. Just be patient folks and be happy you are already in a cue....
2016-10-28
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
United States

Tamudoc04 Posted at 2016-10-28 20:12
Birdog, if you have experience with RC airplanes and a helicopter, you should be fine with a drone ...

The helicopter was literally seconds, bouncing it gently and getting a feel for is and then had a split second brain fart and went full throttle instead of cutting the power and smashed it into the side of my house, but lots of experience with planes and cars, its just there was nothing to them, 2 or 3 servos and a motor or engine. Car battery goes flat and it stops, plane runs out of fuel and it glides, if something goes wrong with any drone I dont know how it will react (plummet ?), and I dont know how I should react.
2016-10-28
Use props
lK14A0pG4iEn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1353409 ft
United States

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-28 14:18
The helicopter was literally seconds, bouncing it gently and getting a feel for is and then had a  ...

Practice with something like this at least. It a very inexpensive way to get use to use to the feel of a quad. It will help with confidence a lot.

https://www.amazon.com/Estes-Qua ... /dp/B00MG7F6Y0?th=1
2016-10-28
Use props
8atU4uGb2cGi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

One thing that would help everyone. (Crashes I'm hearing, getting experience with your unit) If DJI made simulation program. This way experience will be acquired, damage to crafts lot less, emergency preparedness accomplished.
2016-10-28
Use props
mfa157
New
Flight distance : 23153 ft
United States

My Mavic "Fly More" combo just shipped. Thought some people would like to know since I haven't seen anybody else here have their shipped (only seen the standalone mavic's shipped).
I ordered directly from dji on release day. Here's the order time.

Order Time:        2016-09-27 19:59:45 (UTC)
2016-10-28
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

paull@redboatde Posted at 2016-10-28 11:36

However, and whilst I would love  ...

Paull, I certainly agree with your balanced assessment of the situation, and I thank you for adding another voice of reason.

But, to your comment "If we were talking months of delays then I would have an issue, but we are talking a possible 1 to 4 weeks," therein lies the problem.  Because DJI chooses to not inform their customers of any helpful information as to shipping progress and ETAs, folks don't know if it is weeks or months.

DJI has deprived its customers of the ability to make an educated decision about whether to wait it out, or cancel and return another time.  This is important to those who are facing winter weather that will make drones unusable, and those with scheduled trips on which they hope to take their Mavic.  All the while, DJI is sitting on their payments.

For myself, I will continue to wait with hope that things will begin to clear soon.  I really don't have a problem with new product snafus.  These things happen.  It's DJI's choice to leave everyone in the dark that's the crime.

Unfortunately, because I live where we have 14 months of winter every year and summer is just 3 months of bad skating, I am looking at mid-November as my deadline for deciding to cancel.

But, eh, it is what it is, and life goes on!
2016-10-28
Use props
paull
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Gary, my plan was to take mine to Iceland mid November so winter won't be stopping me. If I don't get the Mavic by then, I'll take my Phantom.

I agree, DJI should perhaps be clearer but whatever they did or do, people would still not be happy.

Like I said, there really are far more things to worry about in this world
2016-10-29
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Gary UNY Posted at 2016-10-29 08:06
Paull, I certainly agree with your balanced assessment of the situation, and I thank you for addin ...

You live in a country where there are 17 months in a year! No wonder the time feels longer at your end! ;)
2016-10-29
Use props
kcflstf
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 13:25
Yes, there is the same CSC as the P3 (not P4) and you can disable the CSC or enable it to work but ...

I have a propel cloud rider that is so simple to fly. You might look into that on learning . Its cheep and will take a fairly good crash. I chaise my grandson with it and he is always throwing things at it and he has knocked me plum out of the air with it lol . Just saying
2016-10-29
Use props
matteo.garancin
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

just got shipped status on my order (29sept) and shipping track num by BSI, how do I track it?
2016-10-29
Use props
brng71
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5188369 ft
  • >>>
United States

What time on Sept 29 did you order?
2016-10-29
Use props
8atU4uGb2cGi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

brng71 Posted at 2016-10-29 22:35
What time on Sept 29 did you order?

Just got an email ck my status shipping now says pending
2016-10-29
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
United States

AYA74 Posted at 2016-10-29 07:13
You live in a country where there are 17 months in a year! No wonder the time feels longer at your ...

Hah!  Indeed time feels longer here.

Between the interminable feeling of our winters, and this endless election cycle, it sure feels like every moment is longer.

I may not get my Mavic before the snow flies, but our damn election will finally be over in 10 days!  (One has to look for glimmers of hope when one is waiting 17 months for a Mavic!)
2016-10-29
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
United States

paull@redboatde Posted at 2016-10-29 05:17
Gary, my plan was to take mine to Iceland mid November so winter won't be stopping me. If I don't ge ...

You got that right about human nature.  Our president is a great example of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Personally, because at 59 life and loss have given me a different perspective, you're right on point re there being more important things to worry about.

But, for the record, you could count me as someone who would, indeed, be happier* if DJI were forthcoming.  Regardless of when it might arrive.

(* I can't say I'd be happy, 'cause I haven't been happy since the 70s!)

Iceland ... nice.  Enjoy a safe trip!
2016-10-29
Use props
digiorgi.fabio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51667 ft
Italy

Hello' to all
this is my order time

Order Time: 2016-09-28 11:46:28 (UTC)
I have written a mail to dji support for info about shipping and thi is the reply:

Greetings from DJI official online store!

We began to take preorders for Mavic Pro since Sep 27th. Order amount has been unprecedentedly huge from day one.
So we may not be able to fulfill all preorders for the moment. You have our sincere apology for this. We would appreciate your patience.

As of now, we do not have a specific shipping date,but we estimate that your order will be shipped within early November.

In the meantime, we will urge our production line and warehouse to speed up their work, so your order could be shipped as soon as possible.

Any update, we will contact you by email.

Feel free to get back to us if you have any query or concern.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
DJI online store pre-sales support team

No any REAL info about shipping date...  Uhm...I suppose all was a marketing operation to stop the GoPro Karma drone... Now I wait a couple of days, and I look about GoPro because I suppose they are working hard to launch a new version of Karma... if thi will be right, I will decide to cancel order.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kcflstf Posted at 2016-10-29 19:42
I have a propel cloud rider that is so simple to fly. You might look into that on learning . Its c ...

Any inexpensive one will do. Just as long as you get experience and can keep orientation I think you'll be fine.
2016-10-29
Use props
Wasabi6
lvl.3
United States

digiorgi.fabio@ Posted at 2016-10-29 09:19
Hello' to all
this is my order time

Worst kept secret that the Sept 27th event was just to circumvent GoPro. You know it, I know it, DJI knows it, GoPro definitely knows it....
Silence is deafening sometimes....

The funny this is, I get it...

DJI and GoPro were supposed to develop a drone together and disagreement about profit sharing nixed the deal and started thus rivalry

The preorder gamble to circumvent GoPro needed pawns to legitimize the appearance of Mavic being ready

We are those pawns....

I cancelled my order 3 days ago....felt bad about it at first thinking everybody would get theirs shipped the next day....but feeling better and better daily

I'll give them my $1300 when it's actually ready....
2016-10-29
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
United States

Wasabi6 Posted at 2016-10-29 13:01
Worst kept secret that the Sept 27th event was just to circumvent GoPro. You know it, I know it, D ...

Wasabi6, sounds like you ordered directly from DJI.  Since you canceled only 3 days ago, how much fee were you charged for currency difference?
2016-10-29
Use props
Wasabi6
lvl.3
United States

Gary UNY Posted at 2016-10-29 11:13
Wasabi6, sounds like you ordered directly from DJI.  Since you canceled only 3 days ago, how much  ...

Got a email saying it has been cancelled after I requested it 2 days prior... ...have to wait 5-7 days before refund ......they're better not be a charge or I'll dispute the charges with my bank

Kinda sad after I read it, but honestly reading other people's frustrations makes me feel better about my decision....strange
2016-10-29
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
United States

Wasabi6 Posted at 2016-10-29 14:17
Got a email saying it has been cancelled after I requested it 2 days prior... ...have to wait 5-7  ...

Thanks for your response, Wasabi6.

Two days for a response?  Five to seven days until refunded?  Yet, DJI takes the money immediately?  Hmmmmm ...

Based on what I have seen on here, my 10/20 order would likely not ship until the second half of December, by which time I would not be able to use it until next April because of flying-prohibitive winter weather.  (Which would be 6 months after having ordered it.)

If DJI were to actually tell me presently that my order would not ship until December, I would cancel with no hard feelings.  I would simply adjust my paradigm as to when I would be able to get and use it.  It is what it is, no harm no foul.  However, if DJI's lack of forthrightness continues to the middle of November, I will have to cancel by default.

Apparently, DJI is and will be losing orders.  Perhaps not many in the scheme of things.  But, they could either lose orders in a way that retains customer loyalty, or they can lose orders in a way that creates ill will.  Under promise, over deliver.  Credibility is one of the most valuable assets any business can have.  So, this is an interesting business choice DJI has made.

And, yes, as others have pointed out, smart competitors would jump all over this opportunity like Donald Trump on a beauty contestant ... or a reporter ... or a plane passenger ... or an office worker ...

Looks like in a couple weeks I will be joining your ranks of canceling and feeling better!
2016-10-29
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
United States

My oversight.  I'm actually an independent who is fed up with both the Republicans and Democrats.  So, as to not seem partisan about this I should have written:

"And, yes, as others have pointed out, smart competitors would jump all over this opportunity like Bill Clinton on an intern, or Donald Trump on a beauty contestant ... or a reporter ... or a plane passenger ... or an office worker ..."
2016-10-29
Use props
cajuclc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270646 ft

I have ordered mine from Best Buy and got a message couple of days ago saying they moved from Nov 1st to Nov 30th.
I think they might move it out again, I am traveling Dec 25th, if I don't get it by Dec 24th I will cancel and just get the Karma.
2016-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules