New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FireMonkey
lvl.1

South Korea

Please, fix it. windows 10 issue from DJI Assistant
2017-2-14
Use props
SkyHigh UAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2838921 ft
Australia

Installed updated and tested all ok
2017-2-14
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

jpap Posted at 2017-2-14 00:14
Any idea what "Improved the Interval Mode performance." means?

Yup, also trying to understand what that's mean?
2017-2-14
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118504 ft
Singapore

I upgraded from v01.03.0300 to v01.03.0400 and everything went fine.  For me there was a required battery update so I did all of mine. 4 of the 5 batteries needed to be updated which seemed a little strange that one did not require an update.  Anyhow, will have to take the bird out for a test.
2017-2-14
Use props
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

Upgraded to 1.03.0400 and my batteries also required an update.
2017-2-14
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

tellus1 Posted at 2017-2-14 01:47
Upgraded to 1.03.0400 and my batteries also required an update.

my guess is you where not on 1.03.0200 already?
2017-2-14
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

.400 is potatoes without the MEAT!
2017-2-14
Use props
Highfive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400476 ft
Germany

after this update the mavic changes every few seconds (about 5) between Atti and GPS indoors. Before I only had Atti in my flat.
Update: after some restarts the problem is gone
2017-2-14
Use props
amaviccalledmau
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165709 ft
Australia

Did the Feb 2017 firmware update. Would not connect to mavic. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled, all was good except there was no camera image on my samsung s5. Turned everything off and back on, still nothing. Hit the playback button and got image back. It's been fine since.
2017-2-14
Use props
Jay22101
New

United Kingdom

I installed this new firmware update and promptly had a crash.  After completing the update and being ready to fly, I powered the rotors on - and then things started going immediately wrong.

The drone actually lifted off the ground without my command and then wouldn't respond to any controller inputs.  The Mavic immediately starting drifting to the right at a height of about 3 feet and then continued drifting uncontrollably until it cracked into a nearby obstacle and disintegrated all of its rotors.  I've never had an experience like this with the Mavic, so wondering if it has to do with the new firmware!

The drone didn't respond to any inputs as it drifted slowly and crashed - nor did it respond to shut down commands, so I've got a lacerated finger for my troubles in getting the battery out.  Hopefully just broken rotors and nothing more extensive to the drone.  

Anyone else having issues with this new firmware as well?
2017-2-14
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Where is the changelog for .0300? Now we don't know what was changed in that FW. compared to before and now .400.
2017-2-14
Use props
DarkEnergy
lvl.2

France

No problems here. Installed in 20 minutes. Power on  OK
2017-2-14
Use props
fansc81e6605
New

Australia

I just installed this update - now my Mavic seems to stray a little when the controls are not being touched!
Not windy with plenty of satellites locked on? Suggestions?
2017-2-14
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

nothing important resolved after another month and half...no yellow spot mentioned...no atti mode ...no art profile reintroduced in dji go...

what the heck is interval mode?
2017-2-14
Use props
pitchmagic
lvl.1

Sweden

Jay22101 Posted at 2017-2-14 03:42
I installed this new firmware update and promptly had a crash.  After completing the update and being ready to fly, I powered the rotors on - and then things started going immediately wrong.

The drone actually lifted off the ground without my command and then wouldn't respond to any controller inputs.  The Mavic immediately starting drifting to the right at a height of about 3 feet and then continued drifting uncontrollably until it cracked into a nearby obstacle and disintegrated all of its rotors.  I've never had an experience like this with the Mavic, so wondering if it has to do with the new firmware!

Did you update the controller also?
2017-2-14
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Installing the FW right now hope these one handles well
2017-2-14
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

so contrary to what was posted in other threads, DJI Ken, no improvements to fix the rising RTH altitudes that have been documented many times?
2017-2-14
Use props
Flavio_SP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219623 ft
Brazil

As far as I undestand, this firmware update will solve the video signal loss issue that a lot of Mavic users are experiencing, right?
2017-2-14
Use props
pitchmagic
lvl.1

Sweden

daivatam Posted at 2017-2-14 05:46
nothing important resolved after another month and half...no yellow spot mentioned...no atti mode ...no art profile reintroduced in dji go...

This?

http://droneownersnetwork.com/hy ... melapse-with-mavic/
2017-2-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-14 06:10
so contrary to what was posted in other threads, DJI Ken, no improvements to fix the rising RTH altitudes that have been documented many times?

DJI only reports a few major changes in the firmware update notes, I'm sure there are many things that are tweaked so all you can do is update and test.
2017-2-14
Use props
fans59f4b37d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 523625 ft
Australia

Jay22101 Posted at 2017-2-14 03:42

I was flying 20m above my yard when out of nowhere my aircraft disconnected. I tried unplug reboot app. nothing. I still had rc control so I decended and restated the rc. boom my app says my aircraft is back and a update is recommended. so i go ahead. it fails twice. I spent all day trying to update downgrade. eventually bricked my mavic. my remote nor the app would find it. then after hours of trying I eventually got it updated.. Not smooth at all. I have yet to fly with the new fw tho.
2017-2-14
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
United States

fans59f4b37d Posted at 2017-2-14 06:54
I was flying 20m above my yard when out of nowhere my aircraft disconnected. I tried unplug reboot app. nothing. I still had rc control so I decended and restated the rc. boom my app says my aircraft is back and a update is recommended. so i go ahead. it fails twice. I spent all day trying to update downgrade. eventually bricked my mavic. my remote nor the app would find it. then after hours of trying I eventually got it updated.. Not smooth at all. I have yet to fly with the new fw tho.

android or IOS? Im guessing..Android
2017-2-14
Use props
fans59f4b37d
lvl.1
Australia

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-14 07:15
android or IOS? Im guessing..Android

yea android. First glitch ive had sofar
2017-2-14
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212201 ft
Germany

Ivan7 Posted at 2017-2-14 01:23
I upgraded from v01.03.0300 to v01.03.0400 and everything went fine.  For me there was a required battery update so I did all of mine. 4 of the 5 batteries needed to be updated which seemed a little strange that one did not require an update.  Anyhow, will have to take the bird out for a test.

Please check out one thing:
Take that exact battery, that don't need an Update. Connect that without the hub to the charger till it's full.
Normally it should switch OFF after charging. I guess it will stay ON instead.

I also have one battery with this behavior. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=84995

2017-2-14
Use props
photoboy
lvl.2

United States

DID they FIX the WATER COLOR ISSUE?????
2017-2-14
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I really Wish DJI, would produce one flying APP for the Mavic that had the bare essentials and that was RELIABLE,    then lock that up !   and then they ought to continue with Go4 as they are now,   so every one has a choice of using a bare app for reliability and then have the option of being a beta tester if they wish,  i am a flying proffesional now faced with a serious decision to go with a more reliable manufacturer, selling my three DJI machines as i feel i cant trust the flight App any more,   luckily i have managed to remove the internet from the tablet that is locked with my inspire, it is reliable as is, with its version of GO3   etc ,  but this now seriously limits the use of maps and live stream and cant use the tablet for anything else,    am i frustrated or what ! ! !  its like owning a Lamborghini and then being told that you cant use the built in sat nav,  or the signal indicators,   or the electronic speedo or rev counter as none of it may be acurate ???????     PLEASE DJI ,   MAKE A RELIABLE APP,  BEFORE YOU START LOOSING MARKET SHARE !   people will eventually start voting with their feet.
2017-2-14
Use props
fans59f4b37d
lvl.1
Australia

everyone else seems not have any issues during the update.
I truly believe only version .0300 users who were flying at the time dji pushed the ota update to the dji go 4 app were affected..

I try update to 0400 it fails but remote updates. assistant 2 also fails. I was able to downgrade both to 0200 then update to 0400. using the dji app for android. I tried absolutly everything. tried upgrading atleast 20 times to no avail. eventually bricked my mavic ! No rc connection or pc usb. But it randomly rebooted 20 mins later and the app said updating. took about 20 seconds. back to life. all running v.0400.

I will never jump on a update early again. I will also fly with airplane mode on to avoid dji pushing a update mid flight and ruin my life.
2017-2-14
Use props
fans7c87d8ba
lvl.1

United States

Do you have to install each battery to aircraft to update the battery?
2017-2-14
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.2
Singapore

bitboy0 - mavic Posted at 2017-2-14 07:17
Please check out one thing:
Take that exact battery, that don't need an Update. Connect that without the hub to the charger till it's full.
Normally it should switch OFF after charging. I guess it will stay ON instead.

Thanks for the guidance.  I will test that now and see.  Never had a problem charging any of my batteries but I only ever used the hub.
2017-2-14
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
United States

fans59f4b37d Posted at 2017-2-14 07:16
yea android. First glitch ive had sofar

just seems like the whole DJI Mavic experience is first geared towards IOS, with Android being secondary. From my experiences, the app and associated factors just work so much more smoothly/troublefree (but not 100% perfect) with IOS than android
2017-2-14
Use props
fans59f4b37d
lvl.1
Australia

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-14 08:11
just seems like the whole DJI Mavic experience is first geared towards IOS, with Android being secondary. From my experiences, the app and associated factors just work so much more smoothly/troublefree (but not 100% perfect) with IOS than android

Yea I do trust the ios platform is a hell of allot more stable. I have not had an issue up till now tho.,atleast 40 flights with s6 edge +. Runs smooth. Just did not like the update they pushed yesterday
2017-2-14
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.2
Singapore

Ivan7 Posted at 2017-2-14 07:53
Thanks for the guidance.  I will test that now and see.  Never had a problem charging any of my batteries but I only ever used the hub.

Looks like I have the same issue you mentioned.  It will not switch off after charge completed when charging without the hub.  I will add my comments into your other thread.
2017-2-14
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Linsenfest Posted at 2016-10-21 01:23
Hmm still no update on my ios app.
Or is this a mavic firmware update?
[removed by poster]
2017-2-14
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Ivan7 Posted at 2017-2-14 08:31
Looks like I have the same issue you mentioned.  It will not switch off after charge completed when charging without the hub.  I will add my comments into your other thread.

When this happend to me, I installed in the Mavic, turned on, turned off and plugged back in charger and the lights turned off after a few minutes.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-14
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

[removed by poster]
2017-2-14
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166476 ft
South Africa

Now I am confused, I am reading some posts that mention the batteries need upgrading, how do you do this?

I was under the impression that if you do the update when prompted, it sorts out all the updates on the RC, the Mavic as well as on the batteries.

If this is not the case, how do I do updates on the batteries?
2017-2-14
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

My upgrade went perfect  No issues  About 20m
2017-2-14
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212201 ft
Germany

bunny too Posted at 2017-2-14 08:58
When this happend to me, I installed in the Mavic, turned on, turned off and plugged back in charger and the lights turned off after a few minutes.
Regards,
-d.

You allways can switch off the battery like when you do at the end of a flight. But this is nevertheless an error. Also it seems that this particular batteries do NOT accept any FW-upgrades and also not report their FW-version correctly to the mavic. I would appreciate if you also report your battery here:
forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=84995

This is something that might be a problem in the future and it's better to take care about before any problems occure!
2017-2-14
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

Upgraded Mavic and RC this morning. Took it out and ran through a battery with it. No problems with the new firmware were seen. I have not run through every possible scenario yet by any means though but so far seems solid. Will be doing some further testing with the various flight modes and doing some video with the new D-log settings to see if I can detect better dynamic range in that video mode.

2017-2-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc81e6605 Posted at 2017-2-14 05:40
I just installed this update - now my Mavic seems to stray a little when the controls are not being touched!
Not windy with plenty of satellites locked on? Suggestions?

Calibrate the compass and try again

Rich
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules