New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hwecken
lvl.1

Germany

updated with the go app and had no problems, took for RC and mavic about 20min, for the 2nd and 3rd battery less than 5min
2017-2-18
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I've been good with the update received a GPS signal loss my guess is something reset because it was tracking 18 satellites but not locked on and (I might of took off to soon) also that was on the 2nd flight since the update but I had control of the Mavic and held it in position until the issue corrected it's self I wasn't to concerned after more than 20 flights later no issues that I've noticed. and seems to be more in focus when flying so I'm happy with it
2017-2-18
Use props
Andyg01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256624 ft
United Kingdom

Andyg01 Posted at 2017-2-18 05:00
There are definitely some changes how the avoidance is working. I noticed if you walk towards the Mavic so it detects you and them move back away ... it will move towards you and not stay in the original position.

Further to the above, seems to work fine, might issue might have be low light.

Two long flights, no issues for me.

Also checked RTH, worked fine.
2017-2-18
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Upgraded to Firmware : v01.03.0400 today, it failed twice, third time successful.  Short test flight with no issues.
2017-2-18
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

hwecken Posted at 2017-2-18 08:37
updated with the go app and had no problems, took for RC and mavic about 20min, for the 2nd and 3rd battery less than 5min

same here my update went smooth but my batteries never update with each firmware i dont get any messages when i switch each battery?? same thing with the previous firmware update. havent flown yet may fly tomorrow supposed to be 60
2017-2-18
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys, just did my update. I have not flown just yet. When connecting the aircraft it took 3 restarts to get a live view. I did a Gimbal Auto Recalibrate and during and after the calibration the DJI Go 4 App would disconnect entirely from the aircraft but the Controller is still connected. Then I Reset Camera Settings to default and the DJI GO 4 app kicked me out again and the Controller was still connected to the drone. If I wanted to reconnect the DJI Go 4 App, I could do so by restarting the Controller, then only you will have a Live video feed and control of its functions but basic stick commands on the Controller seem to be working fine, frustratingly without a visual display. When doing a very slow tilt down, my Controller Warning Prompted me that there is a "Wheel Error" but when releasing the wheel it stopped warning me.

Guys, ALL SETTINGS have been reset to default, I had to go back in a set it to how it was before so before you fly, check your settings, page by page, INCLUDING OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE.

I would recommend setting your Mavic to a 30 or 40 meter distance limit and a 50 meter hight limit just to tutorial the firmware and avoid unwanted collisions or if it disconnects, you have better control and less worry, if too buggy, downgrade Firmware.

I have noticed that the Tap to Focus is very crisp and quick. Really chuffed about that.

Still to test flight

2017-2-18
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215886 ft
United States

Instead of reading 30 pages and miles of post can anyone tell me why my Mavic won't update or give me a sure fire way to update from 1.03.0300 to 1.03.0400?

-I've tried DJI Assistant 2 with the usb connection update and it consistently fails to update to 1.03.0400 at 55% it will restart the mavic and still remains at 55% later to fail the update. I shut the mavic down remove the battery and try again for it to fail - again.
-I've tried DJI-A via usb connection to the RC and WIRELESSLY connected to the Mavic for it to start at 72% say complete. I reboot everything and see a version mismatch with the drone still on 1.03.0300.
-I've tried daisy chaining the mavic to the RC via USB and DJI-A goes somewhat nuts in that it shows both mismatched firmwares and tries to update to get stuck at 72%. DJI-A will randomly close during this update.
-I tried doing it wirelessly via my Galaxy S7 which takes way too long and when it fails giving an error code that I click to submit it has already used up almost 40% of the RC charge.

It simply refuses to update.

Being most electronics today will update via memory card is this an option?
2017-2-18
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Impact9 Posted at 2017-2-18 17:11
Instead of reading 30 pages and miles of post can anyone tell me why my Mavic won't update or give me a sure fire way to update from 1.03.0300 to 1.03.0400?

-I've tried DJI Assistant 2 with the usb connection update and it consistently fails to update to 1.03.0400 at 55% it will restart the mavic and still remains at 55% later to fail the update. I shut the mavic down remove the battery and try again for it to fail - again.

Here is what I would do considering your problems:
Make sure Assistant 2 is updated to the latest version 1.09
Don't have any other programs open on your PC other than Assistant 2 and attach your USB cable to the PC, not through a hub.
Firstly, try updating the controller to see if it will update.
If the controller updates, then try updating the Mavic.
If the controller won't update then try to reinstall the 0300 firmware if that is an option. If not go back to the 0200 firmware then try again to update to 0400.
If you can get any of this to work then do the same with the Mavic but remember to go back to the front page of the Assistant 2 software so that it will recognise the Mavic after having had the controller connected. Also make sure you remove the gimbal lock from the Mavic and that you have full batteries.
2017-2-18
Use props
Smikee
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good morning all. Please help. I have had my Mavic now for a couple of weeks and have totally loved every second of ownership this being my first real drone. I went out to fly yesterday and i was prompted through the app that there was a firmware update, so i proceeded to download it. Once done i did the restart exactly as told in the app and now my Mavic is hateful. Problem number 1. When i push the "forward" stick it moves like its in tripod mode and then after a second or so it speeds up which i am sure it didn't do prior to the update. Issue 2, collision avoidance sensors need calibrating. I have done this via the advanced settings in the app and i still have the red triangle warning. It now tells me to calibrate again using my computer! Problem 3, where do i get the DJI assistant software from for a MAC!

I soooooo wish i hadn't done the update now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mike.
2017-2-19
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Smikee Posted at 2017-2-19 01:06
Good morning all. Please help. I have had my Mavic now for a couple of weeks and have totally loved every second of ownership this being my first real drone. I went out to fly yesterday and i was prompted through the app that there was a firmware update, so i proceeded to download it. Once done i did the restart exactly as told in the app and now my Mavic is hateful. Problem number 1. When i push the "forward" stick it moves like its in tripod mode and then after a second or so it speeds up which i am sure it didn't do prior to the update. Issue 2, collision avoidance sensors need calibrating. I have done this via the advanced settings in the app and i still have the red triangle warning. It now tells me to calibrate again using my computer! Problem 3, where do i get the DJI assistant software from for a MAC!

There is an option to "rollback" software in the GO app watch this tutorial.

Happy flying and good luck
2017-2-19
Use props
Mharz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4759560 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all just a quick report in from today's flights.

Missed the thread earlier in the week so I updated via 4G LTE in the field.  Took me two attempts but was then successful.  I enjoy 2.5 batteries of flight time after with perfect performance.

Besides the repeat, I did note that all settings seem to reset after the upgrade.  I'll echo the warning for everyone to check all setting after a successful upgrade.
2017-2-19
Use props
Smikee
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 2017-2-19 02:27
There is an option to "rollback" software in the GO app watch this tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47KsQhUv4o

Thanks Flybee, ill try this first.
2017-2-19
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Smikee Posted at 2017-2-19 03:02
Thanks Flybee, ill try this first.

Ok, the other question about DJI assistant on a Mac == dji.com and look for downloads in the mavic sections.

Hope it works out to your satisfaction.

And for future reference, wait with upgrading for a while and check here to find out if it's "safe" or not. Seems to be a little problems with this version.

2017-2-19
Use props
BarrettF77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 565459 ft
United States

I wish they would stop changing all the settings back.  It's very annoying.   That said, this was the first update to work the first time through.  
2017-2-19
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

We still can't seem to get it through our "DJI minds" that a new firmware deserves a fresh "sticky" thread to clarify issues/concerns/questions about THAT version of the firmware, rather than digging through the past 30 pages of various other updates.  SMDH.

At least the update seems to have worked this time.  DJI Go 4, iPhone 7, wifi connection and fresh batteries.
2017-2-19
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734882 ft
Israel

Hi ,
i am before upgrade and my question is :

Someone Update from 1.03.0300 to 1.03.0400.
Without any problems?
If upgrade with no problems,
Through what you updated with the computer or from your Mobile
2017-2-19
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Obstacle avoidance too sensitive with 2/14/2017 update.

I updated to the 2/14/2017 firmware version and found that obstacle avoidance being too sensitive.  I was flying during the day and the sun was low on the horizon.  

The mavic would not fly towards the sun.  At one point I initiated RTH and it happened to be flying towards the sun and it just stopped in the air.  I had to manually take control and fly it sideways.  What if I lost connection, the Mavic would not be able to RTH.
2017-2-19
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

STST Posted at 2017-2-19 09:58
Hi ,
i am before upgrade and my question is :

I updated from .300 to .400 earlier today using DJI assistant pc app. No problem. It hangs at the usual 52% and 86% for a while. But let it do its thing and it will eventually finish...
2017-2-19
Use props
fans424d58e5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1292339 ft
  • >>>
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-2-19 12:49
I updated from .300 to .400 earlier today using DJI assistant pc app. No problem. It hangs at the usual 52% and 86% for a while. But let it do its thing and it will eventually finish...

Same here today with no problems but did stall at 86 also. I recalibrated IMU,joystick,vision and compus.
I rebooted 2 times and check all my settings. Ready to try tomorrow.
2017-2-19
Use props
fans424d58e5
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Same here today with no problems but it did stall at 86 also. I calibrated the IMU,joystick,vision and compus.
2017-2-19
Use props
fans424d58e5
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Same here today with no problems but it did stall at 86 also. I calibrated the IMU,joystick,vision and compus.
2017-2-19
Use props
fans424d58e5
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2017-2-19
Use props
fans424d58e5
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans424d58e5 Posted at 2017-2-19 15:50

2017-2-19
Use props
fans424d58e5
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2017-2-19
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

yoengel Posted at 2017-2-19 12:13
Obstacle avoidance too sensitive with 2/14/2017 update.

I updated to the 2/14/2017 firmware version and found that obstacle avoidance being too sensitive.  I was flying during the day and the sun was low on the horizon.  

I totally agree with you as I have had the same thing happen on the new firmware.
I am not sure how long you persisted with the RTH before manually flying home, but I read on another forum where a person just waited to see what would happen and after a few attempts by the Mavic, it turned off OA and then returned home. If this is the case then I would be happy but I will have to test it out.
2017-2-19
Use props
fansc725fe25
lvl.2

Spain

Just flew with new update and it crashed 3 times over 20 minutes , using LG phone all up to date, airplane mode and no other mavic programs in phone
2017-2-20
Use props
fansc725fe25
lvl.2

Spain

the update is huge too about 40 minutes, if its minor tweeks and improvements why is it so big!?
Previous version didnt crash so much
2017-2-20
Use props
pitchmagic
lvl.1

France

All of you with problems, try DJI Assistant with the supplied micro USB cable or a short quality cable. That could be the problem for some of you?

I was out 1000m 18m up with no image problem at all. I do have "Compass redundancy switch" warnings. I need to re-calibrate the compass before I try again.. The warning is just a switch warning and nothing is felt in the controlls.
2017-2-20
Use props
tomah
lvl.1

Norway

Works fine here.
2017-2-20
Use props
mc1984
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5315 ft
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-16 10:09
Apparently you were having VPS issues and didn't know , so yes,  it will have to go back for repair....

Yep, tried this but still getting the error, my Mavic is basically no longer emitting ultrasound at all. I've made an audio recording of the Mavic whilst it's on and it's not emitting the thumping/clicking/tapping sound that is usually picked up when you put the phone microphone close to the drone.

I've booked in with DJI for a repair, hopefully they can sort it (and repair the drone rather than replace with a refurb! Mine records excellent video quality, don't want to lose that.)
2017-2-20
Use props
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

Updated to .400, quick test flight so far so good. Did have to turn multiple flights modes back on and update did reset my RTH altitude.
2017-2-20
Use props
phil_r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65190 ft
Australia

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-2-19 08:44
We still can't seem to get it through our "DJI minds" that a new firmware deserves a fresh "sticky" thread to clarify issues/concerns/questions about THAT version of the firmware, rather than digging through the past 30 pages of various other updates.  SMDH.

At least the update seems to have worked this time.  DJI Go 4, iPhone 7, wifi connection and fresh batteries.

+100 to your suggestion. All the forums are talking about people having certain problems and if they are not specific about firmware version and what App/OS etc they use, their posts are pretty well wasted. Not good for prospective upgraders if they don't know if they will be upgrading into trouble and may be better staying on their exisiting firmware.
2017-2-20
Use props
Avi8tor0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Smikee Posted at 2017-2-19 01:06

Same here for your #1. Push forward and it crawls for  a few seconds and then jets off. Thinking Obstacle Avoidance causing it.
2017-2-20
Use props
fans424d58e5
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans424d58e5 Posted at 2017-2-19 15:49

RDIT: Took it out today and had no problems at all. I use a iPad mini to fly with, and I updated both the Mavic and controller on my windows 10 PC with the original USB cable and a USB extension cable. I also tried my new landing gear for the first time.
Mavic#1.jpg
Mavic#2.jpg
Mavic#3.jpg
2017-2-20
Use props
fansf7b85a2a
lvl.2

Singapore

Mavic Pro Latest Firmware - Anyone find the yaw slow and the speed slower and that Sports Mode and P Mode appears the same and it's more jittery when fighting wind? Warning not to switch and can only be done on main control? Kindly advise on how to get into Sports Mode?
2017-2-21
Use props
fans332b5a1a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329131 ft
Thailand

fw.400 focus problem

Collage_Fotor.jpg
2017-2-21
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.2
United States

Col-Drone Posted at 2017-2-14 12:30
I attempted to upgrade but the upgrade process became stuck at 67% (for about 10min to 15min).  Turned everything off and back on again.  Second time it worked.  One possibility, during the first attempt I forgot to remove the ND filter from the Mavic.  The filter was removed and attempted the process again.  Using latest versions of iOS and RC.

Just my $0.02 worth.  YMMV.

Upgraded to .400 and forgot to remove my ND16, no problem
2017-2-21
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.2
United States

BreitlingCSO Posted at 2017-2-17 05:18
Mine sat at 83% for about 12min and I was starting to think I had a problem. But then it finished fine. Total update took me about 30min.

I also sat there at 83%, ended up finishing after waiting a bit
2017-2-21
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.2
United States

I updated the firmware this past weekend, no problems. I also recalibrated everything after update  (IMU, RC, Compass...), which appears to be a good practice. Took my sons out to fly, they were flying like FPV racers, no problems. Hope to try the updated  D-Log mode out this weekend.

Couple of observations:
1.) Forgot to remove my ND16 when updating, no problem.
2.) Never did prompt me with anything with the battery. Still a bit confused about battery updates. After I did last upgrade, seems to have upgraded batter when updating Drone (?). Never got an error when subsequently changing batteries, so assume they automatically update when putting them in aircraft and powering on. Is this a correct assumption?

Pleased thus far.

FYI.. I use DJI GO 4, Android, Samsung Galaxy S7
2017-2-21
Use props
fansca84ba14
New

Czechia

For everyone who is stuck on 73% in Android app or 55% in DJI Assistant - simply restart ONLY the mavic without touching the controller or mobile. The upgrade process will continue (with a little bit longer on 86%)
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules