New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans28bcd95e
lvl.4
France

I installed DJI ASsitant 2 to update and come to a windows offering only "How to connect to Inspire 2?"
With no othe rchoice.

What I am suppose to do then?
What I am missing?
2017-2-21
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

fans332b5a1a Posted at 2017-2-21 05:35
fw.400 focus problem
forum.php?mod=image&aid=41487&size=300x300&key=bcce06bcbd5a4ee2&nocache=yes&type=fixnone[/img]

Known problem...the only solution until now is to focus at close distance on something before taking height. I don't understand why will not focus at night and why the manual focus will not touch sharp point.
2017-2-21
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

fans332b5a1a Posted at 2017-2-21 05:35
fw.400 focus problem
forum.php?mod=image&aid=41487&size=300x300&key=bcce06bcbd5a4ee2&nocache=yes&type=fixnone[/img]

Did you notices this focus issue with .0300? I ask because the other night I was trying to do tap auto focus for a far shot, the subjects were pretty blurry far away.
2017-2-21
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

no update issues and got about 3 flights in no issues at all. focus is sharp. i did have one app freeze on my nexus 5x which is normal but ok cause i was landing anyway. i did notice on my second flight however that it was flying only 7mph according to the rc (seen in the second video) and this was away from the sun. when flying back towards the sun it was faster i think im not too sure ill have to check the logs. but no issues other than that and i did my first long distance active track following my friends car while i was in the passenger seat keeping an eye out. it went smooth but i couldnt keep the cam panned up slighting to see the scenery. it only wanted to focus on the car in the center. im happy so far.
edit: i checked the logs it says i was flying 30mph *shrug*

here are the 3 flights i did. on the second video skip to 19:49 and on the 3rd skip to 52:37

IMG_20170219_115828.jpg
IMG_20170219_115841.jpg
2017-2-21
Use props
RealFixxxer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348343 ft
Russia

My Mavic is dead after this update: error occurred while updating the firmware and it stopped working - after the restart, in the application appeared Esc Status Error.

DJI GO 4 updare error

DJI GO 4 updare error

DJI Assistant 2 updare error

DJI Assistant 2 updare error

After the update is not completed

After the update is not completed
2017-2-22
Use props
fans768c973b
lvl.1

United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-14 07:15
android or IOS? Im guessing..Android

My Mavic Pro updated just fine, first try, no flight problems. I have about 40 minutes on it since the upgrade. I am flying using Android, a Google Pixel.
2017-2-22
Use props
fans768c973b
lvl.1

United States

fans59f4b37d Posted at 2017-2-14 07:42
everyone else seems not have any issues during the update.
I truly believe only version .0300 users who were flying at the time dji pushed the ota update to the dji go 4 app were affected..

My Mavic Pro was on .0300 from the factory, just purchased a few weeks ago. It upgraded to .0400 fine. I'm running Android.
2017-2-22
Use props
HTC
lvl.1
United States

After the upgrade my Mavic randomly stops mid flight and the gimbal and camera go nuts for a few seconds and then reset, it's done it 4 times now. Never did that on the old firmware.
2017-2-22
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RealFixxxer Posted at 2017-2-22 05:03
My Mavic is dead after this update: error occurred while updating the firmware and it stopped working - after the restart, in the application appeared Esc Status Error.

ESC errors are usually caused by damaged wires to the motor, and to my knowledge where the arms fold, i have actually seen one with damaged wires at the fold,   mine stays unfolded because of this
2017-2-22
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Observations after upgrade to .400,

1)  When in intelligent modes the craft appears more urgent to stay in position, it is more jittery as if the speed priority has been increased to get to position and then brake once in position,  i tried follow me mode,  and it moved in a series of abrupt stops and go movements as i was walking with the tx.

2) Distance is just as good as before with a reliable link out past 1.5km's

3) OA due to sun is so far untested ( No sun, LOL )

4) top speed in P mode appears a fraction slower than .200 ( i did say appears, as i have no valid test for this)

5) Video appears better quality now, with i feel better focusing.

6) Wind warnings same as .200  ( Valid warnings though )

so far, very glad its behaving, and it hasnt done anything i didnt expect.
2017-2-22
Use props
Baxtr20
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4957 ft
Australia

I updated a few days ago. Had one flight with no major issues in control or camera. I did have the controller lose connection 3 times though once I was at low altitude (2-3m). This was on an oval with the Mavic at distances of 3-30m horizontal to me. I'm using Galaxy s7 + controller and had good satellite connectivity. Anyone else experience this?
2017-2-22
Use props
Speed009
lvl.1

United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-2-22 12:17
ESC errors are usually caused by damaged wires to the motor, and to my knowledge where the arms fold, i have actually seen one with damaged wires at the fold,   mine stays unfolded because of this

doesnt that defeat the purpose of a mavic pro...the portability...folding/unfolding...
2017-2-22
Use props
RealFixxxer
lvl.2
Russia

MikeQView Posted at 2017-2-22 12:17

Yes, but until the upgrade was no errors and last few flights ran without any problems.
This is strange
2017-2-22
Use props
RealFixxxer
lvl.2
Russia

and I still can not finish the update, or return to the previous firmware - error 0x026c04
I do not understand what the problem is
2017-2-22
Use props
CCD1024
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216808 ft
France

RealFixxxer Posted at 2017-2-22 21:44
and I still can not finish the update, or return to the previous firmware - error 0x026c04
I do not understand what the problem is

I got same problem under Dji assistant
Try to plug with Android (or iOS) Dji Go 4 and it should propose you the firmware upgrade.
1rst time, it give you an error (and loose connection between RC and mavic, but I tried again the firmware upgrade (still android) and it got successful !!!
So insist again and again !

Good luck !

I spent at least a total of 5 hours for this 0.400 upgrade !!!
2017-2-22
Use props
SkyMemories
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

Still in my wishlist... ..
2017-2-23
Use props
waynem61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12995 ft
Australia

Baxtr20 Posted at 2017-2-22 13:29
I updated a few days ago. Had one flight with no major issues in control or camera. I did have the controller lose connection 3 times though once I was at low altitude (2-3m). This was on an oval with the Mavic at distances of 3-30m horizontal to me. I'm using Galaxy s7 + controller and had good satellite connectivity. Anyone else experience this?

I had lost connection after the update, never reconnected and landed 100 metres from the home point.... in the ocean. DJI aren't helping because I was using the Litchi app.
2017-2-23
Use props
mcd0nald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3717 ft
Australia

4.0.3 is out for Android
2017-2-23
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Speed009 Posted at 2017-2-22 19:39
doesnt that defeat the purpose of a mavic pro...the portability...folding/unfolding...

Yeah sure does for me, as i would love to fold it down,  mark my words as i believe many will start failling in the next 2 or 6 months of use,  i know a few people have calculated the life expectancy as anywhere from 2 to 20 years, i believe it will be substantially less,  i must say that is only my belief and only based on my knowledge of what happens when a group of quality power wires are put into a sheath and then folded many times,  DJI hopefully have used a very special grade of wire in a very special grade of sheath material to prevent this, time will tell and hopefully prove me wrong, and i will have wasted my time obtaining a carry bag where the arms can be left open,  and is considerably bigger than the fold down bags,  and yes i bought the flymore combo set with the small bag,  i will hold on to it for only those rare occasions where i must use a very small bag.
2017-2-23
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RealFixxxer Posted at 2017-2-22 21:39
Yes, but until the upgrade was no errors and last few flights ran without any problems.
This is strange

i agree totally,   but i have updated firmware before on race quads and it has just so happened to coincide with a motor wire breaking,   so it could be just chance,  that at the point you unfolded your copter after update it failled,  slim chance i know,   OR,  it could be the update has done something,  but logically i would expect to hear many more instances of this ESC fault if the firmware has agrevated or made the part fail.   
2017-2-23
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
Canada

During update it sat at something like 71% for a long time.. don't panic and shut it down!, I did the update on the day it was released from my android device and it flys the same for me.
2017-2-23
Use props
Dgonz0289
lvl.1
United States

Keep trying to update but it starts to attempt the update and then stops on it's own before ever beginning... All devices have adequate battery charge and connection so I'm not sure why the download won't start... This is on my iphone 7 plus which I've used multiple times

UPDATE: Actually started getting headway downloading when I unplugged my phone from the remote but it continuously keeps pausing the download and I have to keep hitting the "Continue Downloading" botton

2017-2-23
Use props
davidbWI
New

United States

Dgonz0289 Posted at 2017-2-23 16:42
Keep trying to update but it starts to attempt the update and then stops on it's own before ever beginning... All devices have adequate battery charge and connection so I'm not sure why the download won't start... This is on my iphone 7 plus which I've used multiple times

UPDATE: Actually started getting headway downloading when I unplugged my phone from the remote but it continuously keeps pausing the download and I have to keep hitting the "Continue Downloading" botton

Just wanted to report some issues....

I just got my fly more bundle TODAY direct from DJI.  I followed all the guides and booted it up with ipad air 4 connected using DJI GO 4 app.  It says I needed firmware update from .0300 to .0400.  I tried for the next 4 hours to get this update to complete successfully on my ipad air 4, iphone 6s plus, and windows pc using dji assistant 2 app.  In all cases it failed.  I even tried 3 sd cards freshly formatted.  I could not get the update to take..... then just like magic after 5 hours of troubleshooting it just happened to complete successfully...  This is really scary and odd.  Is this normal? Do all firmware updates go like this????  Should i send this unit back or keep it?  It seems to be doing a quick update now when I switch out my batteries.  I haven't exactly flow this thing yet becuase of these firmware update issues.

Also quick question about the boot up test.  Does the gimble kind of knock against the mavic once during the gimble test?  You can audibly hear it bump the mavic and make a knocking sound.
2017-2-23
Use props
aesculus
lvl.1
United States

I've had my Mavic for seven days now and have flown it every day.  It shipped with 0300 firmware but I held off updating until after I had flown some just for comparison's sake.  And also reading the scary stories on this thread didn't give me much encouragement to update right away.  So two days ago I went ahead and updated to 0400 using DJI GO 4 on an iPhone 7.  I was expecting the worst, but the whole thing was quite effortless.  I watched the progress, but didn't interfere, even when it hung for several minutes at 80-something percent and the Mavic was flashing yellow and the cooling fan had shut off.  Thanks to the advice I found here, I knew it was best to just let it happen and not to do anything to complicate the process, like restarting something prematurely.  The whole thing took less than 30 minutes.

I had to change back all my settings, as was expected.  Since the update I've flown it on several long-distance flights, flown it hard and fast around my yard, flown it at night, and flown it in my basement, and haven't experienced any surprises other than in low light, the obstacle avoidance has stopped it in its tracks several times when there was no obstacle.  That's the only glitch I've found so far with 0400.

The Mavic Pro has been an absolute joy!  I hope the joy continues.
2017-2-23
Use props
frankengels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2273796 ft
Belgium

Update done yesterday, no issues to report.
Took 20 min and as expected had to redo the settings except for the customized controls.
No flight yet, but everything seems normal.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans2e8cb868
lvl.1
France

I tried and I tried to update but never went futher than 15%.
It is definitely a problem from DJI server;
I have 200Mo symetrical optic fiber internet connection...
I gave up and will fly with the old version.
PS upgrading DJI GO was not a problem.
2017-2-24
Use props
Baxtr20
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4957 ft
Australia

waynem61 Posted at 2017-2-23 00:56
I had lost connection after the update, never reconnected and landed 100 metres from the home point.... in the ocean. DJI aren't helping because I was using the Litchi app.

That sucks man. We're you able to recover the drone from the ocean?
2017-2-24
Use props
TonyDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1273835 ft
United States

Has anyone else noticed on v01.03.0400 that after taking a picture and immediately reviewing the picture by hitting the playback, the picture takes anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds to load?  (Note this happens when autosync is off or on.)  I downgraded to v01.03.0200 (not sure why DJI won't let you downgrade to v01.03.0300) and the problem goes away.  I can review my photos instantly after I take a picture.  
I'm on the latest iphone DJI GO 4 app btw.

I've tried re-upgrading to v01.03.0400 and that doesn't fix the problem.  I've updated through the DJI GO 4 app and Assistant 2.  I've reset all settings back to default and also reset the camera settings.  I've tried connecting through my remote and directly from my iphone.  I've tried recalibrating the IMU, gimbal, and remote.  I've tried re-linking the remote.  Nothing seems to fix the slowness I'm expriencing on v01.03.0400.

Please let me know if yours is quick or slow when reviewing photos you just took.

Thanks in advance.
2017-2-24
Use props
phil_r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65190 ft
Australia

davidbWI Posted at 2017-2-23 19:38

"Also quick question about the boot up test.  Does the gimble kind of knock against the mavic once during the gimble test?  You can audibly hear it bump the mavic and make a knocking sound."

That does not sound normal. Check that the gimbal is seated properly BEHIND its mounting points. There should be a thread on this site with pictures describing how it is seated.
2017-2-24
Use props
Derodeo
lvl.2

Canada

davidbWI Posted at 2017-2-23 19:38

I just got my fly more bundle TODAY direct from DJI.  I followed all the guides and booted it up with ipad air 4 connected using DJI GO 4 app.  It says I needed firmware update from .0300 to .0400.  I tried for the next 4 hours to get this update to complete successfully on my ipad air 4, iphone 6s plus, and windows pc using dji assistant 2 app.  In all cases it failed.  I even tried 3 sd cards freshly formatted.  I could not get the update to take..... then just like magic after 5 hours of troubleshooting it just happened to complete successfully...  This is really scary and odd.  Is this normal? Do all firmware updates go like this????  Should i send this unit back or keep it?  It seems to be doing a quick update now when I switch out my batteries.  I haven't exactly flow this thing yet becuase of these firmware update issues.

3 different firmware updates for me and every time it takes multiple tries before it somehow magically works. But in my case, I sort of know why: my WI-Fi connection dies whenever I attempt a firmware upgrade. I know this probably makes no rational sense but 3 out 3 times, the Wi-Fi connection on my router/modem just quits sometime during the process. My Wi-Fi is normally very reliable so this is one heck of coincidence (if you believe in those).

It would really help if DJI Assistant notifies the user that there is no data connectivity!
2017-2-25
Use props
fansdbc6315c
New

United States

Hi. I just got my mavic out of he box and did the firmware update.... It failed for some unknown reason and the remote control is completely unresponsive. It's in perpetual "connecting" mode and now matter what method is tried it only powers on and off. So sad, was looking forward to this and sadly out of the box it is a paper weight.
2017-2-26
Use props
fans2e8cb868
lvl.1
France

DJI assistant 2 doesn't work on MAC 10.12.3.
I downloaded .pkg fine (included horndis) then follow the usual process for installing the app but then can't find the app anywhere on my macbook pro!
I discover that DJI has many problems with their softwares. (Impossible to update Mavic from DJI GO 4 for exemple).
They definitely need to work on software developpement ,specialy for UFO sent in the air!!!
2017-2-26
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.2
Canada

Derodeo Posted at 2017-2-25 10:36
3 different firmware updates for me and every time it takes multiple tries before it somehow magically works. But in my case, I sort of know why: my WI-Fi connection dies whenever I attempt a firmware upgrade. I know this probably makes no rational sense but 3 out 3 times, the Wi-Fi connection on my router/modem just quits sometime during the process. My Wi-Fi is normally very reliable so this is one heck of coincidence (if you believe in those).

It would really help if DJI Assistant notifies the user that there is no data connectivity!

I have experienced this as well, Netflix on TV even cuts out! I assumed it was the Remote Link to the drone being more powerful than router and "drowning" it out!
2017-2-26
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.2
Canada

HTC Posted at 2017-2-22 06:41
After the upgrade my Mavic randomly stops mid flight and the gimbal and camera go nuts for a few seconds and then reset, it's done it 4 times now. Never did that on the old firmware.

I've had this on .400 a couple times, but on .300 it was CONSTANT.

Issue is still there, but seems a little less often.

For me it happens like:

- video freezes.
- when video returns, it's in middle of gimbal freaking out (or redoing its power on test it appears)
- when gimbal stops freaking, drone does a perfect 90 rotation (for some god forsaken reason)
- sometimes if recording, recording stops automatically

with .300 i've had this happen sometimes 3-4 times right in a row!! .400 happens once at a time lol!
2017-2-26
Use props
frankengels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2273796 ft
Belgium

SnowBirdNL Posted at 2017-2-26 10:54
I've had this on .400 a couple times, but on .300 it was CONSTANT.

Issue is still there, but seems a little less often.

This behavior; gimbal going mad and 90° turns; comes most probably from vibrations.
Gyro's don't like vibrations and can lead to very wired behavior.
There are algorithms to eliminate wrong readings but this works only to some extend.
(Had already "wild" RC Helicopters due to vibrations)

I would recommend to check the balance of all the props
2017-2-26
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.2
Canada

frankengels Posted at 2017-2-26 11:14
This behavior; gimbal going mad and 90° turns; comes most probably from vibrations.
Gyro's don't like vibrations and can lead to very wired behavior.
There are algorithms to eliminate wrong readings but this works only to some extend.

Changed ALL props first time anything happened, made no difference.

Plus also has happened many times not even in flight, just sitting on the floor inside! (obviously not the 90 degree part when idle, the gimbal part).
Also the 90 degree turn only happens DIRECTLY after the gimbal flips, never any other time, which tells me its something to do with the gimbal reseting which seems to be what is happening randomly.
2017-2-26
Use props
ScreamMaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46759 ft
United States

fans2e8cb868 Posted at 2017-2-26 07:52
DJI assistant 2 doesn't work on MAC 10.12.3.
I downloaded .pkg fine (included horndis) then follow the usual process for installing the app but then can't find the app anywhere on my macbook pro!
I discover that DJI has many problems with their softwares. (Impossible to update Mavic from DJI GO 4 for exemple).

No problem with DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.9 on my MacBook Pro 10.12.3.
2017-2-26
Use props
fans9bbb7f7f
lvl.1
United States

I feel fortunate after reading this thread. I updated with a Samsung S6 Edge without issue and have at least an hour in the air since then with a new Nvidia K1 Shield tablet and all is well. I usually use DJI Go 4 and every now n then Litchi when I want 360 shots or waypoints.  Only issue with my Mavic has been Auto Focus in low light. It was terrible at night before and after the update and I've just learned to MF at night now. I've had mine since late December.  I hope you guys having issues get it sorted out.
2017-2-27
Use props
BuitenAardig
New
Flight distance : 45446 ft
Netherlands

D-Log is back? Anyone got some testfootage? Havent upgraded yet.
2017-3-1
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Who has already installed new firmware?
Please share your experience
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now