New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b0n3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

BuitenAardig Posted at 2017-3-1 15:36
D-Log is back? Anyone got some testfootage? Havent upgraded yet.

Now D-log is usable )
2017-3-2
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

i see there's a new firmware out today.
Release notes seem to only state no fly zone updates and gimbal improvements...what does gimbal optimization means anyways? Did DJI fix the horizon tilt problem? I doubt it.

Can we please please have a firmware that addresses video quality issues? Getting tired of the mushy, water paint like videos...
2017-3-2
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Anyone see ios dji go 4.0.5 in apple store? I could not see it
2017-3-2
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-3-2 03:31
Release notes seem to only state no fly zone updates and gimbal improvements...what does gimbal optimization means anyways? Did DJI fix the horizon tilt problem? I doubt it.

I think that might be a thing with your Mavic personally. I know it's happened to others, but mne's always been crystal-clear and razor-sharp, aliasing-free and generally looking darn good. And I've been on every firmware since before 3.xx.xxx,
2017-3-2
Use props
Gagaryn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6447 ft
United Kingdom

hungdang Posted at 2017-3-2 03:44

Still not in UK iOS store
2017-3-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

No new go app here in New York.
2017-3-2
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Canada

No1much Posted at 2017-3-2 04:14
I think that might be a thing with your Mavic personally. I know it's happened to others, but mne's always been crystal-clear and razor-sharp, aliasing-free and generally looking darn good. And I've been on every firmware since before 3.xx.xxx,

Its not just me. All mavics have this issue. Sorry to say, but i think you just dont see the problem. Which is good for you iguess
Its a codec issue, and the codec is the same on all mavics.
2017-3-2
Use props
alejandrocif
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4241083 ft
Chile

Anyone know if is there a problem doing the upgrade with the 4.0.4, or do we need the 4.0.5 for the last firmware?

Thanks!
2017-3-2
Use props
michaeln416
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595157 ft
Canada

I just upgraded my Mavic and Controller to 01.03.0500. I did it through the DJI GO 4 app. It got to 98% in under 20 minutes on the Mavic, it held there while the controller updated then Mavic went to 99% and stayed that way for another 30 minutes. I didn't want to power it off, heeding the warnings on the screen so instead, I upgraded the DJI GO 4 on Android to version 4.0.4 and then everything instantly went to 100% complete. Rebooted; calibrated IMU, compass & gimbal.

I did try one short range flight and all worked well. Though I did get an "Inconsistent firmware" warning that quickly disappeared on it's own while I was waiting for GPS lock.

I tried inserting my other batteries but they either didn't need an update or they did it in the background and kept quiet about it.
2017-3-2
Use props
Mr. Mongo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United States

Update downloaded and installed flawlessly in about 10 minutes.  Did a short flight and all was fine.  When I turned everything off, my phone had a message to update DJI Go4.  Android Samsung S7 Edge on Verizon.  With that updated, tried everything all over again and no issues.  So far, all updates have been short, simple and sweet.  Everything always seems to go well as my Comcast internet is blazingly quick with strong quick wifi.
2017-3-2
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

I searched for Go 4.0.5 (iOS), but none available.

I did as the firmware upgrade process recommended, installed the latest DJI Go app (already had v4.0.4), then connected.  Sure enough, the app indicated a firmware upgrade.  Went through the process and it completed without any hang ups in 15 minutes.  After complete, the firmware showed v1.03.0500, but app remained at v4.0.4 for iOS.  I searched again for a newer version of the app, but still only finding v4.0.4.

There was no indication for a battery upgrade, but strangely I received battery upgrade notifications on my batteries over the past few days just before taking off.  I completed the battery upgrades when they were recommended recently, which usually took less than a minute.  I'm not sure why, after having the latest firmware/app versions available since last month did it now recommend an upgrade to the batteries.

I have not flown yet, but am still very curious why the OP indicated there was a new app version, when no one has found a new iOS version yet.  Makes me question if I could run into any issues with a firmware version that is designed for a newer app version, or if the new app version in the original post is a typo.  

Would be nice to get some clarification from anyone at DJI on the iOS app version......
2017-3-2
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-3-2 05:30
Its not just me. All mavics have this issue. Sorry to say, but i think you just dont see the problem. Which is good for you iguess
Its a codec issue, and the codec is the same on all mavics.

Its not just you, but "ALL" mavics definitely dont have this issue. I think I will give it a few more days to see that nobody is having any problems before I upgrade
2017-3-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-3-2 03:31

My mavric image and video quality is very sharp, comparable to the phantom 4. If I were you I'd send it in for repair.
2017-3-2
Use props
alibi
lvl.1

Germany

Update went through without any problems. Took the Mavic out for a spin and noticed that it moved around a lot more. I like to have it hover at around shoulder height for a minute to check if it is stable and it moved up and down quite a bit (50+ cm either direction). Never had that before. Will check again one of the next days, maybe just a bad day :-)
2017-3-2
Use props
sharif0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated completely successfully but will need to be patient.  Took well over 30 mins....I just walked away after that and came back much later. It completely in one shot and just finished a quick test flight. No immediate issues to report.
2017-3-2
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-3-2 09:40
My mavric image and video quality is very sharp, comparable to the phantom 4. If I were you I'd send it in for repair.

The image it is detailed and clear but far from pleasant ...it is over-sharped on 0 sharpness settings in  day light and over nr in low light...and very very noisy...even in full daylight...producing banding on gradients and yellow spot in middle frame/ big vignetting...but not everyone have a train eye to see it...I am an designer and art director and passionate photographer and I look at my photo/movies on a 4k 108 cm screen...what to repair ? loosing time for an utopic repair...the image  could be improved only by firmware ....
2017-3-2
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

Updated RC and aircraft. No issues.
2017-3-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

alibi Posted at 2017-3-2 09:50
Update went through without any problems. Took the Mavic out for a spin and noticed that it moved around a lot more. I like to have it hover at around shoulder height for a minute to check if it is stable and it moved up and down quite a bit (50+ cm either direction). Never had that before. Will check again one of the next days, maybe just a bad day :-)

Calibrate the VPS within the Assistant program on computer.  I did this & now it hovers rock steady.  I think the last FW update reset the VPS or something.
2017-3-2
Use props
Helectran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111339 ft
France

Is it just me or the startup sound has been changed? I find it less melodious :/
2017-3-2
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

daivatam Posted at 2017-3-2 10:03
The image it is detailed and clear but far from pleasant ...it is over-sharped on 0 sharpness settings in  day light and over nr in low light...and very very noisy...even in full daylight...producing banding on gradients and yellow spot in middle frame/ big vignetting...but not everyone have a train eye to see it...I am an designer and art director and passionate photographer and I look at my photo/movies on a 4k 108 cm screen...what to repair ? loosing time for an utopic repair...the image  could be improved only by firmware ....

I know exactly what youre talking about, I've seen it on quite a few Mavics but its definitely not all of them. I do agree that its something that can be fixed with firmware (some people have these issues, downgrade and, like magic, suddenly have no issues. I would recommend restoring to factory settings and see if this helps you at all. I think you said you tried downgrading but try a full reset or try a different patch. Try them all!

Quick questions to others. I see people talking about leaving their Mavic on for 30 min to update. My Mavic gets HOT AS HELL during the update process to the point that it worries me. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me. I know excessive heat can do nasty things to electronics.
2017-3-2
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Canada

daivatam Posted at 2017-3-2 10:03

Exactly. The water paint effect issue is not due to bad camera and not even really related to focus. Sure a bad focus would cause blurry images but the washed out, paper like objects are codec compression/NR issues.
2017-3-2
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

Helectran Posted at 2017-3-2 11:14
Is it just me or the startup sound has been changed? I find it less melodious :/

Yep, did notice that too. Wasn't mentioned in the release notes, and indeed, the previous sounded better Nevertheless it won't change a thing to the flying experience ;)
2017-3-2
Use props
sailor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
Puerto Rico

New update is Not in the App Store yet
2017-3-2
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

yes that annoyed me i like the sound. its also not as loud. i use it as my ringtone for texts lol
2017-3-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Updated using DJI Assistant 2 (1.1.0).  R/C took 1 minute.  Mavic took 10-11.  Uneventful update & flight (which is good).  Flew & hovered smooth as ever.  Only did a gimbal calibration since they tweaked it.  Horizon is level and seems nominal.

GO 4 update includes tweaks to camera setup menu (they moved AFC on Android) and several additions/changes in the Sensor tab (looks like the vision sensor icon).  Be sure to go through ALL menus, as they've been reset (hope you remember your settings!).  No biggie, really.  It looks like a polished GO 4.  

2017-3-2
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Gimbal fix.... I wish I would of known about that before my last flight. Gimbal is smashed now smh.
2017-3-2
Use props
Pablo_S
lvl.1

Argentina

Mine sounds twice.. but less melodious each.. low first, loud after.
2017-3-2
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2017-3-2 04:14

You use ND filters?
2017-3-2
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

guys just make sure to verify that your settings have not be reset, remember that after the firmware update many go back to default!

2017-3-2
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.2
United States

Some of my settings were preserved but others like sport mode went back to default.  I had issues when updating through my android device so I did it through my desktop.  then when I went to fly, it said I had to update through the phone... I had 2 successful updates... 1+ hour
2017-3-2
Use props
nicjames
lvl.1

United States

So are your servers ready for the onslaught of users downloading these updates? Maybe the world's most popular drone will require more infrastructure! My download keeps failing to begin.  :-)
2017-3-2
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Also worth noting, after this update the braking setting has a range of 0 - 200 with default value of 150. Prior to the update it was 0 - 150 with a default value of 130.
2017-3-2
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

My update only took about 3 minutes on the controller and about 7 minutes on the Mavic. I did see that the gimbal threw itself about a lot and seemed to go to extreme angles. I wonder if that is normal. I have had a gimbal issue with extreme jello video so perhaps it was trying to fix it or just gave up.
Anyone else notice if their gimbal had the same sort of extreme movements?
2017-3-2
Use props
fans332b5a1a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329131 ft
Thailand

fw.400 auto landing can not be canceled.
I want fw.200 back, but it does not appear in the list updated.
why?
2017-3-2
Use props
fans332b5a1a
lvl.2
Thailand

fans332b5a1a Posted at 2017-3-2 19:57
fw.400 auto landing can not be canceled.
I want fw.200 back, but it does not appear in the list updated.
why?

I mean fw.500 cannot cancel auto landing
2017-3-2
Use props
fans332b5a1a
lvl.2
Thailand

fans332b5a1a Posted at 2017-3-2 20:06
I mean fw.500 cannot cancel auto landing

Now then nothing
I was wrong about setting a little.

I'm sorry
2017-3-2
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

After you upgrade Mavic & Controller, how do you get all of your batteries updated?
2017-3-2
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Agree, now start up sound sounds like a crap (((
2017-3-2
Use props
fans332b5a1a
lvl.2
Thailand

Bring back fw.200 plz. Because fw.400 focus terrible at night. fw.500 can not cancel a landing with a joystick.
As shown in video
2017-3-2
Use props
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

Updated to .500. My batteries didn't need updating. Anyones batteries needed updating this time round??
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules