Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 13:51
5th try was the solution.... must have been busy server...

Awesome DJI...It finally updated. Then I restarted...now it says "New firmware available".  Yea- get to do it all over again...now this battery is below 50% lol good thing I've got 7 batteries
2017-3-18
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 14:13
Awesome DJI...It finally updated. Then I restarted...now it says "New firmware available".  Yea- get to do it all over again...now this battery is below 50% lol good thing I've got 7 batteries

Update failed!  Guess I'll put on 3 more batteries on the charger and clear my schedule for the entire afternoon...
2017-3-18
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 14:23
Update failed!  Guess I'll put on 3 more batteries on the charger and clear my schedule for the entire afternoon...

Well I wrote an extensive update to my attempts to get the fw installed and my computer crashed trying to install Assistant 2 so I'll be brief as I do need help:

Tried 3 more times.  Didn't use Assistant 2 (yet).  I guess after 3 hrs of this I'll lose my saturday

Update Failed! error "Reason 0x6640J0103"; and the Mavic's yellow LED continues to flash after the fw failed.

One thing I"ll note is that before updating it told me that the No-fly Zone database is to be updated (Continue, or Ignore); as I don't want any issues wrt this part I always clicked "Ignore"; I assume this is ok and not contributing / causing the fw not to update.

I'll keep trying.
2017-3-18
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 15:38
Well I wrote an extensive update to my attempts to get the fw installed and my computer crashed trying to install Assistant 2 so I'll be brief as I do need help:

Tried 3 more times.  Didn't use Assistant 2 (yet).  I guess after 3 hrs of this I'll lose my saturday

Update:

Restarted RC/Mavic/Phone;
Go4 indicates "Connected" but the RC still says "Connecting", Mavic has Yellow LED flashing;

When the Go4 app connected there was the typical message about fw found...then it said something like "message will dissapear..." then there was no message for me to read (I didn't have enough time to even read it); it wouldn't allow me to even try to update the fw again.

After a few min..the phone/app displayed the 'fw upgrade avail" msg as normal. Wierd.  Then- the the msg came up to upgrade the No Fly Zone...so THIS TIME I said yes.  Now it is sending the data to the Mavic and the RC indicated "Upgrading" (at least for a min...then it went back to "Connecting");The progress bar for the No Fly update seems stopped at about 50%...this happened at the same time as the RC changed from "Upgrading" to "Connecting".  Waiting.....waiting.....I think it has hanged up...yup!   Soooooo disappointing, never had any troubles updating fw and any device before and I've been doing this sort of thing forever.
2017-3-18
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 15:55
Update:

Restarted RC/Mavic/Phone;

Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time updating. If I can suggest anything it would be to use the DJI Assistant 2 and a quality micro USB cable. There are numerous reports that OcuSync doesn't play nice with wifi and the USB cable that ships with the Mavic is junk. Also if you can grab your internet connection via ethernet would be ideal due to the wifi interference.

As I've said before, I'm far from an expert but this method worked for me.

Good luck!

2017-3-18
Use props
SuperiorsideMqt
lvl.1

United States

That's great, but did you do anything to fix the tilted horizon issue? That has been admitted to me by DJI customer service,
2017-3-18
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

fallsilent Posted at 2017-3-18 16:47
Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time updating. If I can suggest anything it would be to use the DJI Assistant 2 and a quality micro USB cable. There are numerous reports that OcuSync doesn't play nice with wifi and the USB cable that ships with the Mavic is junk. Also if you can grab your internet connection via ethernet would be ideal due to the wifi interference.

As I've said before, I'm far from an expert but this method worked for me.

Thanks mate for this.  I will get the DJIASS2 working- that was my next plan (it too wasn't installing properly).  All good points you gave- I wasn't using the DJI USB cable as I couldn't find it but the one I was using was 'good' but not the best quality that I have; so I'll be swapping that out.  Also I agree with the suspicions about wifi interference; the internet I was using to update was direct wired (but of course the firmware is going via 2.4 GHz from the RC to the Mavic.....it blows me away that it is possible that the Mavic is potentially overly sensitive to wifi interference since the world is entirely swamped in wifi.  I know you can  change the bandwidth in the Mavic app settings from 20-40 MHz but not the actual Channel- I can't believe DJI doesn't allow you to change the channel, putting the Mavic onto say channel 11 (or 13 if they'd set it up that way) could make a huge difference.

I'll keep trying and hopefully others can help me out too if I still have issues. Appreciated.
2017-3-18
Use props
altermaan
lvl.1

Switzerland

Is it safe to install the latest update by now or should I wait a little longer?
2017-3-18
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 18:27
Thanks mate for this.  I will get the DJIASS2 working- that was my next plan (it too wasn't installing properly).  All good points you gave- I wasn't using the DJI USB cable as I couldn't find it but the one I was using was 'good' but not the best quality that I have; so I'll be swapping that out.  Also I agree with the suspicions about wifi interference; the internet I was using to update was direct wired (but of course the firmware is going via 2.4 GHz from the RC to the Mavic.....it blows me away that it is possible that the Mavic is potentially overly sensitive to wifi interference since the world is entirely swamped in wifi.  I know you can  change the bandwidth in the Mavic app settings from 20-40 MHz but not the actual Channel- I can't believe DJI doesn't allow you to change the channel, putting the Mavic onto say channel 11 (or 13 if they'd set it up that way) could make a huge difference.

I'll keep trying and hopefully others can help me out too if I still have issues. Appreciated.

OK..so I installed Assistant 2....fyi a driver or two had windows warnings (Windows requires the driver to be digitally signed...contact vendor for dig. signed driver...).  I ignored this and the program ran and connected to the Mavic without any errors.  

I selected the new 500 firmware and installed this...it passed/completed all stages and completed 100%

Ya!

But wait...my Mavic's indicator led is fast flashing yellow (meaning signal loss).  So I restart the Mavic and still flashing.  So I connected the RC and the app and Mavic and STILL flashing!  The RC does indicate "Connecting..." meaning the RC will not connect to the Mavic.

When I first started to update the firmware earlier today I was not getting the flashing leds and the RC did connect fine!  LED flashing began after the first fw upgrade failure (and continued to flash from then onwards).

In the Go4 app when I "Go Fly" the status bar indicates "No Signal" and also "Firmware Update Required".

So I guess using Assistant 2 did not work even though the program completed and verified the firmware update was complete!

Anyone/DJI help please
2017-3-18
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 19:10
OK..so I installed Assistant 2....fyi a driver or two had windows warnings (Windows requires the driver to be digitally signed...contact vendor for dig. signed driver...).  I ignored this and the program ran and connected to the Mavic without any errors.  

I selected the new 500 firmware and installed this...it passed/completed all stages and completed 100%

Are you running the latest firmware on the RC? Plug it into your PC via micro USB and run DJI Assistant 2 just as you did with the Mavic. Maybe refresh the firmware. After everything is done, power off everything and turn it back on in the following order.....RC, DJI Go 4 app, then Mavic.

I use a Mac so I have no advice on the windows driver warnings.
2017-3-18
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Canada

Here is a link where it explains it.

https://www.dronezon.com/diy-dro ... -assistant-go-apps/
2017-3-18
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 19:10

Another update to my issue: (fyi all the above still apply) however:

I ran Ass2 again this time using Win 10 and re-installed the Mavic FW.  FW updated 100%.

My issues now:
1. RC cannot connect to the Mavic via Go4 (lastest ver)
2. Mavic still has fast flashing Yellow led
3. within Ass2 I did the calibrations BUT it was impossible to the the Forward Vision Sensors.  On this screen the dots were visible but the red square would not show.  Both R and L vision sensors were "Green" in the Ass2.

I'm going to look into the RC firmware next...
I'm lost.
2017-3-18
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

fallsilent Posted at 2017-3-18 19:55
Are you running the latest firmware on the RC? Plug it into your PC via micro USB and run DJI Assistant 2 just as you did with the Mavic. Maybe refresh the firmware. After everything is done, power off everything and turn it back on in the following order.....RC, DJI Go 4 app, then Mavic.

Thanks....Here's what I did after your advice about RC firmware.

Connected to PC ran Asst2.

Asst2 detected that the latest .500 fw was installed but I installed it again anyways..

100% successful but I did it again since before the completion % reached 100, the computer indicated that the RC was disconnected (this was likely just Asst2 doing this on purpose but this is very flaky to give this error without it indicating 100% first...); so yes I upgraded the RC again.  This time 100% fully without any 'usb disconnect' sounds.

Shut it off then restarted RC, App then Mavic:
1. RC connected to App/phone BUT the Go4 is stuck doing it's stupid "Version Check"; it's been 5 min since and still says "Comparing with Server"; THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING DJI!!!!
1.5 RC still says "Connecting" on it's display
2. Mavics flashing yellow LED still happening

Early this afternoon when I first started to update to .500 everything was perfect and connected on old .400.  Should have never updated, however I've only flown this Mavic a few times and hoped that .500 would fix a lot of the issues that I've been reading about.  I never thought I'd be one of these people complaining that the fw update screwed them over.  This sucks.

Super frustrating; I've spent I think 10 hrs on this today....
2017-3-18
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

fallsilent Posted at 2017-3-18 19:55

Asst2 detected that the latest .500 fw was installed but I installed it again anyways..

100% successful but I did it again since before the completion % reached 100, the computer indicated that the RC was disconnected (this was likely just Asst2 doing this on purpose but this is very flaky to give this error without it indicating 100% first...); so yes I upgraded the RC again.  This time 100% fully without any 'usb disconnect' sounds.

Shut it off then restarted RC, App then Mavic:
1. RC connected to App/phone BUT the Go4 is stuck doing it's stupid "Version Check"; it's been 5 min since and still says "Comparing with Server"; THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING DJI!!!!
1.5 RC still says "Connecting" on it's display
2. Mavics flashing yellow LED still happening

Early this afternoon when I first started to update to .500 everything was perfect and connected on old .400.  Should have never updated, however I've only flown this Mavic a few times and hoped that .500 would fix a lot of the issues that I've been reading about.  I never thought I'd be one of these people complaining that the fw update screwed them over.  This sukks.

Super frustrating; I've spent I think 10 hrs on this today....
2017-3-18
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 20:59

Just noticed this...(in addition to my last 'update' of my saga...)

While Go4 was displaying the "Checking Server/Comparing" message, I went into the app settings and it says that I have the correct fw (e.g. "Latest Firmware!") then I went back to the Go4 home screen and the message updated and indicated "New fw available!".

WTF, WTF and WTF!
2017-3-18
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 21:06
Just noticed this...(in addition to my last 'update' of my saga...)

While Go4 was displaying the "Checking Server/Comparing" message, I went into the app settings and it says that I have the correct fw (e.g. "Latest Firmware!") then I went back to the Go4 home screen and the message updated and indicated "New fw available!".

Ho-Lee-Crap.  I've fixed my problem....11hours and 9 min of HELL.

I now have verified 99.999% that all the issues I've been reporting today across my several posts are solved; boy did I learn a lot. I'm not one to give up trying, was just about to go to bed when something clicked. Let me share my fix and a few of my discoveries that will hopefully help others...

Note: Prior to the below info, Go4 @ 4.0.5 / latest and RC, Mavic and Battery was on .400 fw without any issues (other than all the bugs and general flakiness of it)...

Primary Issue: Mavic status (rear) LED fast flashing yellow, No Fly warning with RC connected to phone/app.  
        Root Cause:  Firmware update to .500 failed

Secondary issues I noticed (possibly and likely related and/or I discovered during my journey :

a). The RC and the Mavic are extremely sensitive to the quality of cable you use.  While connecting to the Mavic to PC to use Assist2 noticed several times communications were interrupted; I also experienced same issues with high quality ($) cables so this issue is due to the quality of the Mavic and RC's USB ports themselves.

b).DJI Assistant2 PC program is probably a lot better to use than Go4 App for Firmware updates.  FW can go corrupted with loss of signal; In my experience this originated from the USB port on the Mavic and RC. However a hickup in one's WiFi can be the cause; In my case I ruled this out with lots of experimentation; for this reason I highly recommend the DA2 software vs WiFi updates.

c). Assist2 program has it's issues; it is not stable as many programs are.  I experienced SEVERAL glitches within the program; mostly USB connection drops but also several fails with some calibration routines (the stage failed to load the circle pattern on screen and required having to click back and/or restarting the program.  Assist2 had tons of issues within Windows 7- but I found this NOT to be DJI's fault.  I traced this issue to a couple drivers that did not install correctly during the Assist2 program installation under Windows 7; the cause for this turned out to be Microsoft disabling and/or delaying 'Automatic Updates" for Win7 (since they are phasing out W7 in favour of Win10).  This caused me to move my installation and use of Assist2 under a Win10 installation.  After installing DJI Assist2 under Windows 10, there were no driver issues!

d). DJIGo4 App.  I eventually reinstalled this to ensure version 4.0.5 was installed as I couldn't verify via Play Store that current version was 4.0.5 (they don't publish this- shame on Google!).  This was precautionary...I don't have any evidence that this in itself fixed anything.  The app did report that my firmware was successfully installed, then indicated that New Firmware was available multiple times.  Many times the updating did not succeed.  The Assist2 app did complete the updates 'successfully' and much quicker. However the app indicated that the FW was not current, then sometimes said it needed an update (even though in the settings it would say "Latest Firmware!".  Very Very flaky!  Bad DJI! Bad.

So I am really tired now so I'm going to cut to the case the explain what my 100% FIX was.

I finally suspected that maybe I should ignore the Firmware update failed warnings etc and focus on why at some point did my RC get stuck in "Connecting.." e.g. not ever connecting to the Mavic.  This got me to thinking about my other hobby - RC helis.  My theory was "maybe the RC isn't binded to the Mavic".  I looked this up in the manual and followed the directions to re-bind the controller to the Mavic.  One should never have to do this.  The binding indicator light before I did the re-bind procedure was already green.  However when I did the re-bind........100% connection restored....also my fast flashing yellow LED turned normal green blink.  RC was 100% connected with full GPS lock!!  Rebooted all devices and perfect startup all around.  IN FACT AFTER REBINDING THE RC TO THE MAVIC ALL THE FIRMWARE UPDATE NOTICES/ERRORS ECT DISSAPPEARED!  There was no firmware issue at all as a root cause.

My theory is that the first firmware update failure caused my RC to un-bind to the Mavic; however the bind status was always GREEN.  Once I reinstalled the firmware, all that I needed to do was rebind the RC and the FW errors then disappeared!  Fair to note that DJI's User's Manual for the binding procedure is lacking with some minor errors that might confuse some people; no biggie but incomplete.

If the above theory is incorrect there is only one other possibility, and admittedly I can't rule out.  It is possible that early on when I was having firmware issues, that when scrolling through the options in the Go4 app, that I mistakenly touched my finger across the "Link to RC" option that is located at the bottom of the menu withing I think camera settings.  This may actually UN-link/bind the RC to the Mavic causing my RC never to regain connection to the Mavic until I re did it later...10 hrs later. By fluke.  It is noteworthy that re-binding the RC 100% cleared every firmware failure and update notice.  This I am 100% certain of.  But I don't dare experiment

So freaking mad and happy at the same time so I'm opening a $200 bottle of Tequila to help me sleep now.  Can't wait to fly my Mavic tomorrow!!!!
2017-3-18
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

skypicturesbulg Posted at 2017-3-18 08:44
here is the link the filenames contains 400 and 500 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o3bmfq1e6xw2ypo/AABmehI9MVImQ7PnswSaih3ba?dl=0

I was hoping you had still images where the EXIF information (so we can see ISO, shutter, and Fstop). I'm not really clear if there's an issue based on the videos.  We need to be sure both ISO and lighting conditions are comparable.  
2017-3-19
Use props
skypicturesbulg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5241939 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-3-19 08:14
I was hoping you had still images where the EXIF information (so we can see ISO, shutter, and Fstop). I'm not really clear if there's an issue based on the videos.  We need to be sure both ISO and lighting conditions are comparable.

Beleive me we are pro and everything is made as it has to be: ISO 100/ shutter speed about 1/200 to 1/400,  /8x ND filter, the first video before update was for the test whithout ND filter but ND filter has not affect the noise in a sunny day, because we are afected about the noise
2017-3-19
Use props
fans75505490
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

I just did the firmware update and now I can not use my mavic. It connects fine, I get no error messages but when I execute the joystick position to initiate take off, nothing happens.

The RC is connected as I can still adjust the tilt of the gimble, zoom, take photos record video etc... The problem seems that the joystick movements are no longer registering.

Talked to tech and they could offer no insight. Bummed.
2017-3-19
Use props
fans75505490
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

PROBLEM: The RC would calibrate with the drone off but would not save the settings.
SOLUTION: Performing the RC calibration with the drone ON, would allow the settings to be saved onto the controller.

How to do it?

1.) With your drone off, open up the calibration window on your phone / tablet while connected to the controller.
2.) Do not start the calibration yet.
3.) Turn the drone on with the calibration window open.
4.) Begin calibrating the unit
5.) Once your calibration is complete, you should be set.

For whatever reasons when I would calibrate the RC with the drone off this would not help my issue. With the drone on, aftrer calibrating the RC the new settings would be recorded properly and my joystick position would be zeroed out where as historically it would show that the joystick positions were slightly off from 0 for both the left and the right controller.
2017-3-19
Use props
fansf20ee13a
New
Australia

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-18 23:15
Ho-Lee-Crap.  I've fixed my problem....11hours and 9 min of HELL.

I now have verified 99.999% that all the issues I've been reporting today across my several posts are solved; boy did I learn a lot.  I'm not one to give up trying, was just about to go to bed when something clicked. Let me share my fix and a few of my discoveries that will hopefully help others...

Hi mate,,,

have been having exactly the same issues as you with my mavic and controller however i still can't get the controller to enter into binding mode.... what was the exact method you used?
iv followed every possible way on youtube ,,,tutorials and the dji manual and still have no response ....also what i found was the led below the bind button sometimes would be yellow solid and sometimes red but anyways the button above doesn't seem to do anything.can you please tell what method you used...cheers.
2017-3-20
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

skypicturesbulg Posted at 2017-3-19 09:33
Beleive me we are pro and everything is made as it has to be: ISO 100/ shutter speed about 1/200 to 1/400,  /8x ND filter, the first video before update was for the test whithout ND filter but ND filter has not affect the noise in a sunny day, because we are afected about the noise

I believe you. I was just trying to understand exactly what was happening. I upgraded to the .500 firmware and can see no difference in my photos or videos.
2017-3-20
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

fansf20ee13a Posted at 2017-3-20 03:20
Hi mate,,,

have been having exactly the same issues as you with my mavic and controller however i still can't get the controller to enter into binding mode.... what was the exact method you used?

For sure!  FYI, it will not say 'Binding Mode' or anything.  The RC will display "Connecting" continuously.  Here's what you do:

1. Make sure your RC and Mavic are both on the same firmware.  If so some reason GO4 still says you have an updated needed; just ignore this as if you have the binding issue that I had then the FW errors are just bogus

2. Turn on RC, Go4 then Mavic

3. Go into Go4- "Enter Device"; You should see your live video now.

4.  Press the icon that displays the image of the 'controller with the signal bars'; it's at the top of the display...you will then be in 'Remote Controller Settings'.  

5.  Scroll to the bottom of this menu and select 'Linking RC', once you do this it will give you a few instructions,  press "OK".  I put this in red because this instruction screen is a little messy/busy and it is hard to see the 'ok' button because of the see-through menu that the app uses.  Potentially you didn't bind correction because you actually didn't press "OK"; I did this my first time and was confused as to why it didn't work.

6. After you press "OK", I believe the menu will say you have 60 sec to press the bind button (something like that). Now goto the Mavic and open up the trap door on the right hand side (bigger one).

7.  Just above the indicator light is a small button to press- you will need the tip of a pen to press this.  Press and hold for a few seconds.  The indicator (linking status led) should go either RED or no colour at first.  After maybe  5-10 sec it should go green! Yay.

8.  Immediately the Mavic's rear status led should go normal green blinking and immediately also the RC will display the normal instrument cluster.  I don't recall off hand if it also flashes it's lights or does it's normal startup dance routine   ) You should be ready to fly now.

Let me know. Glad to help.
2017-3-20
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-20 07:08
For sure!  FYI, it will not say 'Binding Mode' or anything.  The RC will display "Connecting" continuously.  Here's what you do:

1. Make sure your RC and Mavic are both on the same firmware.  If so some reason GO4 still says you have an updated needed; just ignore this as if you have the binding issue that I had then the FW errors are just bogus

I'll add a little to my step 7:

I'm not sure if you have to press and HOLD this button or not or just press it once.  It worked for me on my second try after I first discovered that I did not press "OK" in the menu (because it is obscured somewhat).  The little button for me didn't have any clicking / feedback at all so when you press it, it doesn't click or feel like you are....thought I'd add this little bit.
2017-3-20
Use props
GeorgetheDroney
New
Australia

thanks mate,,,

yep i had done all that before but just gave it a go again to be sure,,,,firstly the live video doesn't display on mine ,,, secondly after going to the controller settings menu etc and it comes up saying to hit OK ,the popup that has the cancel/OK bit goes away and does nothing else.....so i did try then to press the bind button on the drone but as expected nothing happened...

if contacted the place i purchased it and they've told me to send it back.....
hopefully ill get a replacement .

cheers.
2017-3-20
Use props
CNX-expat
New
Thailand

When do Android users also get a german version as the iOS users?
2017-3-21
Use props
CNX-expat
New
Thailand

God, I regret so much to buy this drone. A friend of me has it and can use it with german language. I bout iit too and cant use it in german because I have no Apple phone. Unfortunally my english is not so perfect that I understand all.

The App told me a update is neccessary but the download stops after 2%

Now it say always "Disconnected".

I want to ask in the forum but no new threads are allowed and I find no answers.

Since hours I try to understand some words with Google translate and I am afraid to crash the drone because I made a wrong setting.

I hate this drone. I never fly and I think I will sell it at ebay because I don´t want to crash 1,500 Euro.
2017-3-21
Use props
CNX-expat
New
Thailand

And since yesterday it wants an update. I confirm and "Update failed. Restart the Equipment and try again later. Reason: Network disconnected. Connect and download again".  I did this 5 times. No change. Did I wrote, that I hate this stupid drone?
2017-3-21
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

CNX-expat Posted at 2017-3-21 02:21
And since yesterday it wants an update. I confirm and "Update failed. Restart the Equipment and try again later. Reason: Network disconnected. Connect and download again".  I did this 5 times. No change. Did I wrote, that I hate this stupid drone?

Don't use the app to update, only use Assistant2- it's not perfect but much better than over the air; just make sure you are using a good cable and don't move the cable in the slightest as the Mavic's connectors are poor.  You'll be ok but hear your pain....
2017-3-21
Use props
Unstabler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155741 ft
Germany

There is no way I'm going to be getting this update. It sounds like a nightmare. My gimbal doesn't need it's calibration optimizing and I couldn't care less about the No-Fly Zone thing.

It does worry me that DJI put an update out there that causes so many people so much problems, and then there is no help on here.
2017-3-21
Use props
FlyHighX
lvl.2
Canada

First, I sympathize with everyone who has had problems updating firmware.  I can not speculate if it is a widespread issue or if it has affected an unfortunate few who naturally have been and should be vocal here.  I would assume that for those who have had no problems updating firmware, there is no reason to post that fact here so as is often the case in forums, it is the problems that get brought into the spotlight. After reading these nightmare scenarios I hesitated for weeks to upgrade but eventually I did just that last week.  I went from .300 to .500 flawlessly.  I used Assistant 2 on my PC which is connected via ethernet.  It never got stuck at any point.  I did the drone first and the RC next.  After having to reset several settings (like RTH) in the DJI Go4 app I test flew for approx 25 min.  The Mavic was rock solid and I didn't notice any issues with video freezing.  Again, I'm not trying to minimize what others are going through.  That is awful for them.  I just wanted to post that for some, the update has been smooth and flawless.
2017-3-21
Use props
General_Lee8620
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97867 ft
United States

I just updated mine and it fixed all of the issues I was having which I think came from a bad firmware update last time and I just took it up 400ft above my house and it was awesome!
2017-3-21
Use props
RCbag-YND
lvl.1

Japan

DJI has always doing the good service and good quality products, they are really very professional in this field.
2017-3-21
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-21 07:40
Don't use the app to update, only use Assistant2- it's not perfect but much better than over the air; just make sure you are using a good cable and don't move the cable in the slightest as the Mavic's connectors are poor.  You'll be ok but hear your pain....

Solid advice. I attempted 3 times to use the app to update. The DJI assistant software worked well - and was fairly quick.
2017-3-22
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-22 13:52
Solid advice. I attempted 3 times to use the app to update. The DJI assistant software worked well - and was fairly quick.

Great to hear- the other nice thing is that you don't blow lots of battery and RC battery juice during the update period; plus you get to calibrate vision sensors etc that you can't do in the app.
2017-3-22
Use props
fans5764c5ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 850 ft
United States

It seems that every time I try fly, there is a firmware upgrade required.
2017-3-25
Use props
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

i guess new deliveries will be shipped with the new firmware. however my go app dont show update which brings me back to my guess :-)
2017-3-25
Use props
Mavellio76
New
South Korea

WTH is going on with horizon tilt issue??!!
2017-3-26
Use props
kpuk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The last firmware update created some issues with the API. This means 3rd-party apps such as Litchi no longer work safely with most flight modes. There was supposed to be a new firmware released around March 11/12, but clearly that hasn't happened. Anyone any idea when a fixed firmware will be released?
2017-3-27
Use props
Gunssa
New

United States

This has still not fixed my problem.  The Mavic controller will not connect to my Tab S2.  The Go app connects fine when using my P4.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules