New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
310008 1673 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

new update has alot of grain in the video, even on a clear day.
2017-4-5
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-4-5 09:16
new update has alot of grain in the video, even on a clear day.

uhmmm i'd tell u to check ur settings..
i made a video in 4k just now.. and honestly was the best ever !!
2017-4-5
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

yes the sensor seems to be very noisy....then they modified also the camera...but not mentioning it...best they could do is to put the NR engine under our control so everyone to choose what suit them best....I always prefer a grainy movie but sharp and detailed... and artifact free...
2017-4-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2017-4-5 08:07
Anyone tested Litchi and Autopilot with this new firmware?

Yes, and it's NOT fixed, I doubt it will be.
2017-4-5
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

hmm why that? best will be if the dji will include the panorama and vr flight in their software...or the waypoints   

it is so much better to fly in vr...clearly seeing flying medium and much better approximating distances...never doable on an phone or tablet screen...in sun....
2017-4-5
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Currently I am on version .0500, is version .0550 worth is the update?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-5
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

LOL seriously DJI....

What’s New?

1. Optimized the RTH function.
2. Improved hovering performance.

Could you be any more vague.... I dont think so. My range also went to crap when I upgraded to .500 so I immediately downgraded to .4 and will be sticking with it until DJI can release another stable firmware and maybe actually come out with some decent patch notes...
2017-4-5
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Why so negative?
2017-4-5
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fractures Posted at 2017-4-5 11:14
LOL seriously DJI....

What’s New?

I agree, I think DJI should do a better job on release notes because we would know what they fixed or attempted to fix.  Without additional information its hard to verify those fixes.
2017-4-5
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

I went ahead and upgraded, and posted what I found on MavicPilots. Re-posting it here, in case someone is wondering anything I've addressed on the other site, and so that (a guy can dream, right?) maybe, jsut possibly someone from DJI will read it and know a little bit about one customer's experience so far.
----------------------
Updated from .500 to .550 with DJI Assistant 1.1-2 on Windows 10. Results:

My beautiful steady hover is back!

There's a thing where the barometer reports a foot or two off the actual height as registered by the bottom cameras, but I can vouch for the sensors' accuracy this time - I flew it Opti mode in a middling-to-darker-than-I'd-like basement as a test. (Since weather seems hostile outside.) (P.S.: Either it's easier to handle indoors in Atti mode now, or all these flight hours around the neighborhood had a positive effect on my ability.)

Mavic will drift a foot up, or less than a foot down, when the barometer and cameras disagree, but it'll settle in place after that.

Its side-to-side drift can now be expressed in inches- one, maybe two inches, to be exact. (I used a tape measure; .500 made me paranoid about stability.)

Had to re-enable multiple flight modes, precision landing, and low battery threshold (25% is my preference- often you just need a couple percent extra to come down and land before the worst beeping in the world assaults you mid-landing).

Startup noise is still inconsistent.
Litchi's extra modes don't seem to be fixed yet, but that's an okay compromise for me: Waypoint & FPV are 95% of my Litchi usage anyway- the UI is just quicker to use than DJI's, for me.

That's my report on as much as I could think of, for anyone who might want to ask any of it.
Update took about 15 minutes, maybe a bit more. Fan stayed on for all of it but the final restart.

One final thing: Auto-land still doesn't want to cancel. I flew it over a table, it decided it was landing it since I was too close, and I moved it quickly away from the table. It kept descending until it landed, and no amount of pushing up on the left stick would convince it otherwise.
2017-4-5
Use props
fans2f02e2bc
New
Flight distance : 330997 ft
Hong Kong

Hello.... JFYI....

I updated to 0550 as DJI Go 4 app asked...

then.....

1. I updated it by my phone (Android)
2. everything seems fine, version number is updated as it said, also did a copule reboot to confrim (TX + Mavic + my phone)
3. re-cal. everything possible, then reboot again
4. take off as usual
5. then every thing seems normal
6. hovered for about 5 min.
7a. it slight yaw itself to the right very very very very slowly
7b. it stopped to yaw by it self after I applied some horizontal movement
7c. zero error notice
7d. the att. reading seems reasonable about 2-3 meter error (usually my Mavic reporting about 10-30m different on att. reading)
7e. same it will goes up and down by itself while the att. reading is not moving, yet, it looks better then before
7f. minor wind comes and seems it had back to solid as before (still not the solid as 2nd release firmware)
7g. ok now every thing looks fine, so let's go for a short range test
8. fly about 400 meters away with 30m height
9. gimbal is ok
10. flying about 3 min. then I head back
11. BOOM! App. saying disconnected, no FPV video, remote control (TX) shows nothing just like disconnected only thing showing is flight mode "GPS mode"
12. restart DJI Go4 app, but nothing recovered
13. look back to the TX still no readings, and I had lost my sight on Mavic
14. try to press the RTH, and the TX's sounds working and displaying it is coming back, however, all other readings are gone, like signal, GPS, motor etc etc etc....
15. waited about 5 min., I can't see where it had gone....
16. about + 3min. later (total about 8min) I see it's flying back very slowly (it just talking about 400m away why it needs 8min to come back!)
17. TX showing landing
18. ok now I'm safe...
19. I tried to move the stick and it do response, this confrim the stick is still working
20. I decided not to cancel the RTH landing and let it land itself, because I don't think it is the right time to test any more things
21. so... at last... RTH works, and landed 4 meters away from where it takes off
22. there is no error or notice message in my phone, such as interference or any thing, and the log had stopped while disconnected

so... as usual.. reported to DJI support and... nothing I can do but wait...
2017-4-5
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

not so great findings...not even startup tone was not fixed? ) .....someone other reported on Facebook that the litchi apparently work now...dunno
2017-4-5
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

fans2f02e2bc Posted at 2017-4-5 15:22
Hello.... JFYI....

very frightening
2017-4-5
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-4-5 04:49
Why would a company continue to update their firmware? known problems
Why would you not update your firmware? because you are waiting to have a problem

I wish that were true but with all the different combinations and iterations of birds to tabs/phones, there are some combos that work for some and not for others.  I am not guessing this, this is fact.
2017-4-5
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

Hangar Technology
7 hrs ·
We just tested out the newest firmware released by DJI for the Mavic Pro - v01.03.0550. Unfortunately, this release did not resolve the firmware issue. The current list for the affected firmware is: v01.03.0550, v01.03.0500, v01.03.0400.
We do not recommend* using Autopilot or Hangar 360 if you are using these versions of firmware.
* It is still possible to safely use Human Flight Control Modes and Waypoint Mode as long as Lost Connection is set to Continue Mission (LCMC).

seems that the bugs that stopped working also the litchi are still unresolved
2017-4-5
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans2f02e2bc Posted at 2017-4-5 15:22
Hello.... JFYI....

Maybe you should upload your flight log to [ur=https://airdata.com/l]Air Data[/url] to see what they can tell you about that flight.  They do have a free fight upload plan.  I think everyone here would be curious to see what comes back.
2017-4-5
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

daivatam Posted at 2017-4-5 15:42
Hangar Technology
7 hrs ·
We just tested out the newest firmware released by DJI for the Mavic Pro - v01.03.0550. Unfortunately, this release did not resolve the firmware issue. The current list for the affected firmware is: v01.03.0550, v01.03.0500, v01.03.0400.

Didn't DJI update the SDK the other day?  I'm assuming you guys have tested with this?
2017-4-5
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Anyone had major problems with .0550? Actually any problems? That didn't accur in .0500?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-5
Use props
fans2f02e2bc
New
Flight distance : 330997 ft
Hong Kong

Gateway Posted at 2017-4-5 15:58
Maybe you should upload your flight log to Air Data[/url] to see what they can tell you about that flight.  They do have a free fight upload plan.  I think everyone here would be curious to see what comes back.

2017-4-5
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Why release a .x50 mid cycle firmware release with such seemingly benign changes?

Strikes me it has been pushed out between .500 & .600 to fix something that DJI believed could not wait.

5 days ago R&D were sent the full aircraft logs of my aircraft doing this. Flying off rapidly sideways when it was supposed to be hovering over a spot and landing at the end of an RTH and Precision Landing. Could have been nasty had it hit someone.

"...I've forwarded your DAT files to R&D for them to review"

Probably unrelated but fixing this would meet the bill for...

1. Optimized the RTH function.
2. Improved hovering performance.

If reviewing my logs revealed a simple coding fix to stop this happening, it might be grounds for a priority update.

2017-4-6
Use props
dgc4rter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8717 ft
United Kingdom

daivatam Posted at 2017-4-5 15:42
Hangar Technology
7 hrs ·

By providing an SDK and opening up their API to third party developers, DJI made a commitment to support the development of Control Apps such as Litchi and Autopilot. At the moment, because of a firmware bug, these developers, who have made a significant investment into these products, have a broken app on their hands which they can do nothing about. At the same time, a large number of their customers are sitting on wasted money.

The least DJI should  do is to provide some reassurance to developers and customers alike that they will fix these issues asap so we can all get on with enjoying flying their drones with enhanced third party apps that provide a greater scope of functionality than is possible with their software.
2017-4-6
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

I have some doubt about that. Is that the way Apple works too? Do they have any interest in 3rd party apps or solutions? They just open their API. The next move is for the 3rd party.

2017-4-6
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

Yhadar Posted at 2017-4-5 22:28
Anyone had major problems with .0550? Actually any problems? That didn't accur in .0500?

Thanks,

Updated without issue.  Did a test flight after the update--no issues with flight or video--that being said, I did not test all functions--it was just a simple up, around, and down flight.
2017-4-6
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

So the two reports of the video being grainy now. Could it be DJI is trying to handle the Water paint affect issue by adjusting a higher default Sharpness value ? Even though the app may show sharpness to be at 0 ?
2017-4-6
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Just an idea...  For people having issues where others are not, I would make the suggestion to clear the DJI App cache on your phone prior to running new firmware as some settings from the old firmware may be retained and causing your issues.  

This is my guess as to why brand new owners are having zero problems where owners that have been through a few firmware updates are having problems the newbs are not getting.

A couple other suggestions to stop app crashing would be to enable airplane mode prior to flying, and to force stop all the 3rd party android apps running in the background (settings -> apps -> force stop all 3rd party apps).  I don't understand why all app makers want their apps running 24/7 even though you are not using them, but I think they do that to spy on you, with a side effect of causing instability in the phone on question.  Though I dislike Apple products, Apple seems to limit this sideloading of apps on their phones more than Android does making them slightly more stable in many cases.  
2017-4-6
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Note I have had an app crash when someone called me on my phone which is why I suggest airplane mode.  I assume anything that can take a priority away from the DJI app could also cause a crash, such as a text message.

Just thinking here....
2017-4-6
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

alirz5 Posted at 2017-4-6 06:02
So the two reports of the video being grainy now. Could it be DJI is trying to handle the Water paint affect issue by adjusting a higher default Sharpness value ? Even though the app may show sharpness to be at 0 ?

Yep seems that way....but also don't look as the correct way
2017-4-6
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

Spontaneous wandering and odd movements is what I experienced on todays shoot after the firmware update.

Filming an old monastery ruins  and while flying through tight areas with full gps signal the Mavic was drifting about 2 foot to the left then the right while on hover and no stick input, I corrected the movement with a forward but instead the mavic moved left!!!!!!? nearly hitting a wall.

This odd behaviour kept happening for about 5 minutes, landed the Mavic, rebooted drone and controller, same thing happened again, ate through 1/2 a battery before it started working correctly again.
2017-4-6
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-4-6 07:06
Spontaneous wandering and odd movements is what I experienced on todays shoot after the firmware update.

Filming an old monastery ruins  and while flying through tight areas with full gps signal the Mavic was drifting about 2 foot to the left then the right while on hover and no stick input, I corrected the movement with a forward but instead the mavic moved left!!!!!!? nearly hitting a wall.

Sounds like an IMU problem.
2017-4-6
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

I just updated to version .0550. So far rocksolid for me. The drone really was very stable, but I didn't check the RTH function. What the Mavic did do, is kill some mosquitoes with the props...

If you are not sure about upgrading, you should, because this firmware update is stable and rocksolid at least for me. You should update the firmware, and see if it is the same for you. If this is not the case you can simply downgrade.

Hope I've helped, and sorry for the mosquitoes,
Yhadar
2017-4-6
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-6 07:09
Sounds like an IMU problem.

One more thought....  You might have horizontal obstacle avoidance on and it tried to move around an obstacle that may not have been there due to poor light.  
2017-4-6
Use props
tanakrit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329131 ft
Thailand

Firmware: v01.03.0550
Can I cancel the landing using left stick?
If  accidentally landed. Or fly too low and it auto landing itself. How to fix the situation? how to cancel?

I have tried to fly surface water and grass, it landed itself.
And very dangerous if there are human or other obstacles in that area!
2017-4-6
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Firmware: v01.03.0550
I am finding that landing in the hand is much better and the tendency of the props to pull away from your hand seems greatly reduced.  This will help when the occasional dog shows up in the area as they all seem to want to kill it.
2017-4-6
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-6 07:20
One more thought....  You might have horizontal obstacle avoidance on and it tried to move around an obstacle that may not have been there due to poor light.

I'll do an IMU cal and see, I was filming in good light and cloudy (no sun to joke it) so doubt it was due to avoidance.
2017-4-6
Use props
tanakrit
lvl.2
Thailand

Have a question.
If update to fw.550, can downgrade to fw.400?
2017-4-6
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-4-6 07:53
I'll do an IMU cal and see, I was filming in good light and cloudy (no sun to joke it) so doubt it was due to avoidance.

I notice it doesn't like shadows too as it needs consistent light.  From what you describe - pushing forward and it going to the left sounds exactly like the behavior of an obstacle avoidance though.
2017-4-6
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-4-6 07:06

Mine did this too more so going back and fourth from WIFI to RC but all I did was re flash the firmware with Dji Assistant tool and corrected my issue a couple times when i re flash the RC it will pop up on the computer that there are corrupt modules in the RC and wants to fix them
2017-4-6
Use props
Ricardo Marques
lvl.1
Flight distance : 635722 ft
United States

tanakrit Posted at 2017-4-6 08:12
Have a question.
If update to fw.550, can downgrade to fw.400?

I too would like to know the answer to this question.
2017-4-6
Use props
fans2662c0b2
New
Flight distance : 60348 ft
United States

wondering what the change is with RTH?
2017-4-6
Use props
tanakrit
lvl.2
Thailand

Ricardo Marques Posted at 2017-4-6 13:32
I too would like to know the answer to this question.

Who upgraded to Fw.550 plz test downgrade to FW.400 will thank you very much.
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules