New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
309461 1673 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

Updated tonight, will test tomorrow. None of my batteries needed updating... is that the same for everyone else? I was on .500
2017-4-7
Use props
alejandrocif
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4241083 ft
Chile

tanakrit Posted at 2017-4-6 08:12
Have a question.
If update to fw.550, can downgrade to fw.400?

At least in DJI Assitant I can see version .400 .500 and .550 (I'm on .550).

This apply for the controller and the Mavic itself
2017-4-7
Use props
tanakrit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329131 ft
Thailand

alejandrocif Posted at 2017-4-7 03:28
At least in DJI Assitant I can see version .400 .500 and .550 (I'm on .550).

This apply for the controller and the Mavic itself

I see, thank you very much.
2017-4-7
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't had any issues with any of the latest firmwares. I am loving the increase on battery life.
I did notice something last night which I believe it started happening with the .550 update. I can't turn on my LED lights with the C2 button which is how I have it set up. When I turn on the Mavic the lights will come on for a few seconds and then turn off. Right away if I use the C2 button they will respond correctly by turning on or off as I press the button, but after a few minutes flying I can't get the button to respond anymore and the lights will stay off. I noticed this when the battery was low so I dont know if its a feature to save battery but I would really doubt that since the lights are extremely important to see the quad in the sky. Anyone else notice this?PS: I was not recording. I know the lights will not turn on if you're recording.
2017-4-7
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-4-5 09:36
uhmmm i'd tell u to check ur settings..
i made a video in 4k just now.. and honestly was the best ever !!

I will check my video settings, I was shooting at 96 fps on 1080p. I will do another flight this weekend all in 4K, good to know that. Thanks
2017-4-7
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

dgc4rter Posted at 2017-4-6 02:02
By providing an SDK and opening up their API to third party developers, DJI made a commitment to support the development of Control Apps such as Litchi and Autopilot. At the moment, because of a firmware bug, these developers, who have made a significant investment into these products, have a broken app on their hands which they can do nothing about. At the same time, a large number of their customers are sitting on wasted money.

The least DJI should  do is to provide some reassurance to developers and customers alike that they will fix these issues asap so we can all get on with enjoying flying their drones with enhanced third party apps that provide a greater scope of functionality than is possible with their software.

To be fair the apps aren't quite "broken".  The Litchi features that were affected were relatively limited. Still not a good thing, I'll agree.
2017-4-7
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

seeing all these signal losses all over the forum, and thats all they fix????? i havent updated yet dont think i will. i havent flown it since last update so idk if i have the signal issues and i dont wanna find out
2017-4-7
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

boostedford Posted at 2017-4-7 14:33
seeing all these signal losses all over the forum, and thats all they fix????? i havent updated yet dont think i will. i havent flown it since last update so idk if i have the signal issues and i dont wanna find out

me to ...i will wait another 2..3 days ..to see whats happening here on forum
2017-4-7
Use props
fans2f02e2bc
New
Flight distance : 330997 ft
Hong Kong

Dear all...

JFYI again on 0550....

so... I been asked to flash it again and again to try to fly in other area, then below is the story....

1. flash it again with PC
2. same cal. everything again as usual
3. every thing looks normal
4. so take off and hover for a while
5. look ok then go fly
6. I go for the flight path that I usually flying, I had fly the very same path not less then 30 times also with DIY drones, this is for your idea I do really know the flight path
7. every thing seems ok then I go further then 400m which I had lost connection at the last time
8. ok so it seems ok by 2km
9. I fly back with about 65% fuel
10. once nose point to myself...
11. BOOM!!  same thing happens and same with out any warning!!!
12. I tried to restart the app. but the phone now is totally frozen
13. TX showing status only, all other telemetry are not accurate, since.. it's not updating but flight mode still there
14. unplug the USB my phone response again!!
15. so I restart the app and plug the usb back
16. the app response like 1 at a time per 6-10 second
17. unable to reconnect the app, so I'm totally blind again
18. RTH....

so I reboot my phone again but this time with cache disabled

1. take off same as usual
2. hovering seems ok
3. so give it a shot
4. goes to the same path
5. same thing happened.... lost signal but this time I return at 1.7km
6. yaw the tail to me then the signal is back, but.... app is going to frozen while reconnecting
7. then I'm blind again......
8. same RTH.....

*NOTE:
1. range is definitely reduced, and the signal is definitely weaker then before...
2. for my very own experience, Android with 0550 is having serious problem, but iPhone seems not yet having serious issue

and here is what DJI support saying.....

thank you very much for your report, I'm sorry on the experience you had we will report the issue to engineering

please downgrade the previous version

me :  -.-  WTH.....

2017-4-7
Use props
vurdulack
lvl.2
Italy

which do you think is currently the best firmware for those who use Android?
Since I had my mavic I've only ever had ..... disconnection problems really start to think about changing totally brand drone.
2017-4-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

RE: New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)

boostedford Posted at 2017-4-7 14:33

I learned along time ago, if your happy with  your mavics   preformance , don't upgrade, ever!!!!! I had VPS issues with my mavic so I had to upgrade to .400. Everything works great so I'm staying at .400. My original inspire 1 was an animal when I first got it, after 5 firmware updates it sounds like a v-8 engine running on 2 cylinders.
2017-4-8
Use props
fans95824758
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994216 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi to everyone, here a mavic pro updated flying with android 6.0 on lg g4 without any problem. As stable as always.
2017-4-8
Use props
fans8fbb746d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10075 ft
Germany

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-4-8 04:32
I learned along time ago, if your happy with  your mavics   preformance , don't upgrade, ever!!!!! I had VPS issues with my mavic so I had to upgrade to .400. Everything works great so I'm staying at .400. My original inspire 1 was an animal when I first got it, after 5 firmware updates it sounds like a v-8 engine running on 2 cylinders.

What kind of problems have you had with VPS?
I was flying a meter above the ground when the barometer claimed the height to increase to three meters and the mavic tried to compensate for that by landing rather harshly, claiming to be at one meter while on the ground. Fw is .0500.
Something like that?
2017-4-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8fbb746d Posted at 2017-4-8 08:06
What kind of problems have you had with VPS?
I was flying a meter above the ground when the barometer claimed the height to increase to three meters and the mavic tried to compensate for that by landing rather harshly, claiming to be at one meter while on the ground. Fw is .0500.
Something like that?

I had a wide spread problem with the VPS showing negative numbers even while 400 feet in the air, it was fixed in.400
2017-4-8
Use props
fans8fbb746d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10075 ft
Germany

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-4-8 08:57
I had a wide spread problem with the VPS showing negative numbers even while 400 feet in the air, it was fixed in.400

Thanks. Seems .400 gives the least amount of trouble at this point.
2017-4-8
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

App Disconnect issue had it, now OK (so far) on a Samsung S7 OS 7.0, on DGI GO4 app v 4.0.5, with firmware 01.03.0550 using the side USB port.

After three days of flying, for a total of only about 6 flights,, I had app disconnect issues around 10 to 15 min of flight time.  When I got the Mavic it worked fine, first upgrade to When I upgraded firmware and app to DJI GO4 app everything was fine, then I upgraded to 01.03.05 firmware and app to version 4.0.1.  All flights after that the app disconnected (video if on continued to record), so I was excited when I saw 01.03.055, but those also resulted in the app disconnecting.  Today was different.  I first flew without turning the camcorder on and did not take any  Pics.  Flew 20 min with no problems no further out than about 500 ft. Did that three times on fresh batteries and decided on the third to snap a few pictures No problems.  The on the 4th flight turned on the camcorder after launch and flew for about 20 min - no problems.  5th time flew and turned camcorder on and off several times - again no problems.  Not sure what I did (if anything) when I was checking all the settings

The only thing I can think of that changed as all flights were in my suburb and the days were windy up to about 15 miles/hr and max altitude except one was about 100ft. (I went up to 300ft just to see if it presented a problem.  Temp was in the 35 - 45 degrees Fahrenheit.  All the good flights were today with milder winds, the sun is out, and the temp was 39 on first flight and 50 by last flight.

Sorry this doesn't say how it got better - I'm just happy it did.
2017-4-8
Use props
fans720d5e0e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286706 ft
Canada

I did did the new firmware update yesterday, all seemed to go smoothly.
Today I went for a flight and tried sport mode. I noticed fairly quickly that Mavic was drifting (more than it usually does in sport mode.) I brought it back in my direction, and when it got somewhat near, I let off the sticks, and it drifted wildly. I tried to fly forward out of the drift, but it just kept drifting backwards, right into the branches of a now nearby tree. It rattled around for a moment before I was able to regain control and fly it back out of the branches. Was able to bring it back to me and land it with some difficulty. Once landed I killed the power and did a visual inspection, and everything appeared fine, other than some chewed up rotors. Restarted and got an 'overloaded gimbal' message. Turned off, checked gimbal, and all seems to be swinging free and clear. Restarted but still get the same error. Also not able to pan up or down.
Waiting to hear how DJI may help. The flight log shows clearly that it's drifting with no inputs from me, and that it continues drifting backwards even once my stick is in full foward.
Hopefully it gets cleared up quickly.
2017-4-8
Use props
Sinak
lvl.1
Serbia

I've also updated the at .0550 today in sport mode was much higher drifting and instability than the factory .0300 and it seems to me a much noisier sound .If decide to come back to .0400 can dji go 4 remain with version 4.0.5 ??
2017-4-8
Use props
Sinak
lvl.1
Serbia

Try to deliver these two tentacles (pic 1), pull towards you and return gimbal under the beds (pic 2)
gimbal 1.JPG
gimbal 2.JPG
2017-4-8
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Yhadar Posted at 2017-4-5 22:28
Anyone had major problems with .0550? Actually any problems? That didn't accur in .0500?

Thanks,

Yes.  Right wheel no longer does anything.  No shutter speed changes no matter what you do.
2017-4-8
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The only unusual thing I have found with the new firmware release is that it takes much longer to get gps signal. On .0500, I had full gps in less than 30 seconds but now I have to wait for a couple of minutes. If I don't wait until the gps is locked then I see it switching between opti and gps a few times before it finally settles. Such a shame as .0500 never had this.
2017-4-8
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-8 16:25
Yes.  Right wheel no longer does anything.  No shutter speed changes no matter what you do.

You may need to check your settings again as my right and left wheel work normally after the update.
2017-4-8
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

hmmmm, haven't yet flew my drone, I will go to a park and do some testing...
2017-4-9
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Updated the Mavic through DJI' Assistant. Everything went fine (tried sport mode and follow me) but two things: DJI Go 4 told me there was a new update (the one I just did).
Also the app crashed like never before: I had weird colors (I thought my screen was broken) then it crashed as usual (you guys should update the app)
2017-4-9
Use props
CrashHouse
New
Flight distance : 33 ft
Netherlands

Just upgraded to the latest version v01.03.0550. But slow forward seems to be compromised. Only full front will work, but too fast. slow forward does not respond. Did a controller stick recalibration, but no luck. Any other idea?
2017-4-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-8 22:21
You may need to check your settings again as my right and left wheel work normally after the update.

Strangest thing...  After the aircraft sat off overnight, it works again.  
2017-4-9
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-8 16:25

Due to local conditions, stored configuration data, or satellite configuration there can be variation like this in how long it takes to acquire a fix.  This may have nothing to do with the upgrade.
2017-4-9
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Samoth Posted at 2017-4-9 05:12
Updated the Mavic through DJI' Assistant. Everything went fine (tried sport mode and follow me) but two things: DJI Go 4 told me there was a new update (the one I just did).
Also the app crashed like never before: I had weird colors (I thought my screen was broken) then it crashed as usual (you guys should update the app)

Which App? Android or IOS?
2017-4-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-9 08:56
Due to local conditions, stored configuration data, or satellite configuration there can be variation like this in how long it takes to acquire a fix.  This may have nothing to do with the upgrade.

This was the camera shutter wheel on the top right.  Sticks and control was fine.
2017-4-9
Use props
CrashHouse
New
Flight distance : 33 ft
Netherlands

CrashHouse Posted at 2017-4-9 05:15
Just upgraded to the latest version v01.03.0550. But slow forward seems to be compromised. Only full front will work, but too fast. slow forward does not respond. Did a controller stick recalibration, but no luck. Any other idea?

Just reflashed to .0400. Will try again tomorrow.
2017-4-9
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-4-8 04:32

I agree.

I'm sticking to .400. Any updates after this will start hindering the Mavic.
I think DJI will stealthily do a few unwanted firmware changes that NEVER gets mentioned in the changelogs.

2017-4-9
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-4-9 16:09
I agree.

I'm sticking to .400. Any updates after this will start hindering the Mavic.

I haven't noticed any degradation at all since .400 (I have quite a few flights with both .500 and .550)  (Litchi did a lose a few features but none of those were something I was using).
2017-4-9
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-9 11:00
This was the camera shutter wheel on the top right.  Sticks and control was fine.

You might have AE locked, try unlocked from your app
2017-4-9
Use props
ExiledBlue
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5928881 ft
Thailand

Updated to the latest version .550, flew 3 batteries and everything working well.

Hover very stable and it was very windy at my location yesterday.
2017-4-9
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309144 ft
Norway

ExiledBlue Posted at 2017-4-9 18:43
Updated to the latest version .550, flew 3 batteries and everything working well.

Hover very stable and it was very windy at my location yesterday.

Have flown 3 batteries on the 550 and everything  looks good. Very stable hovering and flight.  
2017-4-10
Use props
ExiledBlue
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5928881 ft
Thailand

videosnoken 7 Posted at 2017-4-10 01:33
Have flown 3 batteries on the 550 and everything  looks good. Very stable hovering and flight.

Yes and just done another 2 batteries this evening 100% perfect
2017-4-10
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-9 16:25
I haven't noticed any degradation at all since .400 (I have quite a few flights with both .500 and .550)  (Litchi did a lose a few features but none of those were something I was using).

Can you say which feauters?
2017-4-10
Use props
fans103c4f99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705768 ft
Indonesia

i'm staying in .400, melodious startup sound, stable hover, strong signal, great d-log and minimal error. Been through .500 with near crash gimbal overload, never again with .550.
2017-4-10
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

MacPap Posted at 2017-4-10 06:05
Can you say which feauters?

According to Litchi's help page:

Warning April 6th, 2017 - There is currently an issue with the latest firmware for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0550 and v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.
Mavic .0400
2017-4-10
Use props
AkRowe93
New
United Kingdom

Need this update. I've found some great Mavic captures @droneeasy
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules