New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
310022 1665 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 611027 ft
United States

blunt_blunt Posted at 2017-4-17 16:24
I suppose one out of 5000 is pretty good.
Everyone else thinks .600 stinks and for that reason i wont be a guinea pig yet again.
So sick and tired of DJI stuffing up my drone.
Unless you're one of the 5,000 (like me)"

Then it sucks.  I had to send mine in for "repair" due to repeated failures to update.
2017-4-17
Use props
Morphin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3396 ft
Switzerland

Heavydpj Posted at 2017-4-17 18:21
Unless you're one of the 5,000 (like me)"

Then it sucks.  I had to send mine in for "repair" due to repeated failures to update.

I too sent the item for "repair" only because it does not update to 600.

everyhing is fine except update to 600.......

I suppose that  a Hardware-Change could be the reason for that..... Hopefully DJI is investigating this

Andy
2017-4-18
Use props
srock
lvl.1
United States

New Mavic- previously used DJI Go3 on my iphone 5 without any difficulty until DJI without warning dropped support and forced me to get a new phone (ios) to use DJI 4 which does not seem to work

I have not upgraded firmware yet- I do have DJI GO4 ios v. 4.07-  I have installed the desktop assistant- Any consensus as to which firmware provides a stable platform until DJI gets its act together and puts out new stable  firmware. Many people seem to be sticking with .400. Is that the best so far ?   Will that firmware be OK with newer DJIGo updates?

Steve
2017-4-18
Use props
/// AROP
New
Flight distance : 2510 ft
United States

release notes should  mention now recording sound
2017-4-18
Use props
MuriloBarroso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1422270 ft
United States

I have been having Gimbal issue. Out of the blue the gimbal would shake hard. The first time I thought I had hit something in mid fly. But it wasn't. It was the gimbal doing crazy things. This all started after that last firmware update. I have called DJI. They want me to send in the drone. But I know it isn't anything physical since like you I never crashed or even came close to crash. Anyone have any options to fix it.

I believe this is happening every time you hit the focus button.

One more thing every time this happens it stops recording I was only able to get this footage because I was live streaming to YouTube when it happened.

Here is the video.

2017-4-18
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone Refresh their Firmware after installing?? When I received my Mavic, I had video issues and I was convinced it was a hardware problem but actually Refreshing the firmware fixed my it. Every time I install I switch it off and run the installation again and I never update via the DJI Go 4 App, always DJI Assist
2017-4-20
Use props
John12341234
New
United States

Just bought a Mavic pro, firmware update is stuck at 51%. I think my phone is an iphone SE. Looking right now on downloading assistant 2 for windows. Anyone else stuck at 51%, anything I can do to fix?
2017-4-20
Use props
Luka M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Just joined the forums, could anyone suggest updating to this firmware or not due to  any possible faults in it. Just recently got mine and my current firmware seems all fine so don't want to get this new one to find it's faulty and crash my mavic.
2017-4-20
Use props
Craig540
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1292339 ft
  • >>>
United States

MuriloBarroso Posted at 2017-4-18 17:52
I have been having Gimbal issue. Out of the blue the gimbal would shake hard. The first time I thought I had hit something in mid fly. But it wasn't. It was the gimbal doing crazy things. This all started after that last firmware update. I have called DJI. They want me to send in the drone. But I know it isn't anything physical since like you I never crashed or even came close to crash. Anyone have any options to fix it.

I believe this is happening every time you hit the focus button.

I had the same thing happen but its with high wind flights. I have even seen it on the ground with high wind. Are you flying with  a gimbal cover or was this without any cover. If no cover try it with a partial cover.
2017-4-21
Use props
John12341234
New
United States

John12341234 Posted at 2017-4-20 22:06
Just bought a Mavic pro, firmware update is stuck at 51%. I think my phone is an iphone SE. Looking right now on downloading assistant 2 for windows. Anyone else stuck at 51%, anything I can do to fix?

It works now, recharged iphone next day, went on the app and it looks like the update did finish even though it appeared to be stuck at 51%.
2017-4-21
Use props
dEEr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17579 ft
Germany

Updated to lastest firmware couple of days ago. Since then, several problems appeared:

- iPhone6S doesn't charge up any more. When it's connected to the remote, it shows up "charging" but it just don't charge.
- Rondom Gimbal Error / Losing Gimbal/Camera Settings during flight. After 5-6 min. of flight time, the camera/gimbal is losing the settings for about 10-15 sec. In the App it just shows "N/A" for every camera/gimbal settings. The gimbal is not stabilizing, camera falls down. After 15 sec, settings were up again. By the way, the drone itself is still controllable during this time.

I just dont recommend to upgrade to the latest FW! Trying to downgrade my now -.-

Never had an issue with my mavic before -.-
2017-4-23
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

iPhone gets never charged on RC..
No matter which fw.
2017-4-23
Use props
Irmantast
lvl.2
Norway

Why first post is not updated with Firmware : v01.03.0600 version?  It means update is not ready or what?
2017-4-23
Use props
NicoNic
lvl.2
Germany

So is this FW stable or not ?
2017-4-24
Use props
jameswan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52405 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Have no issue with FW update.
2017-4-24
Use props
fanseb821119
lvl.1

Israel

NicoNic Posted at 2017-4-24 07:38

for me it's working great.
no issue during the update
and during flights
2017-4-24
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

I would say NOT!!!!
2017-4-25
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

Updating was simple and everything works great for me. No issues.
2017-4-25
Use props
WalkingToFlying
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917818 ft
Singapore

Hi Im on latest firmware on MP, RC and GO4 app on android. So far so good. Brought the MP for test flight with the new FW a couple of times and it wirjs great. Using my old Note 4 hp. Quite wary of the latest FW update issue as mentioned in here.
Hope I the issue won't affect me n my equipment here in Singapore.
2017-4-25
Use props
tanakrit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329131 ft
Thailand

FW.600 can push up the left stick  for cancel auto landing?

I have been waiting for a long time for the safety landing.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans1109ab43
lvl.1
Singapore

Updated to FW.600. All is well, the download is smooth, the installation has no issue and the test flight this morning works well. Using Android phone Xiaomi 3S with Marshmallow 6.0.1 to pair with the RC. Updated using the RC with DJI GO App via my phone. Tried the fix-wing mode too and its works all right.

Minor issues are: 1) after the FW.600 update, it tried to update the NFZ but the DJI GO app hanged... maybe its my phone overheated right after the update as the Wifi and LTE both become very unstable, and 2) on my 2nd battery, I can't seem to switch to fix-wing mode... need to read up a bit more on this and try again next time. 1st battery have no issue with fix-wing mode though.

2017-4-28
Use props
PushSky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554925 ft
United States

I flew with the FW.0600 for the first time today with some issues.  Regular start up procedure with no errors or warnings.   GPS mode with 12-14 satellites.  I had a lot of drifting that required inputs to keep the drone in place.  This was a first as the Mavic has been rock solid when flying .0400 and .0550 FW.  It also lost GPS lock once in the sky.  There are no building or obstructions to that would block out GPS signals so it was a little unusual.  Then it went into ATTI mode.  It was a little breezy (maybe 10 mph) so flying became a lot more stressful.  This happened twice and on the second flight the drone was difficult to control with the breeze.  I've rolled back the FW and will see if the Mavic behaves as it had in the past.  

I was looking forward to the new flight modes and improved video capture but the random GPS signal loss definitely out weighs any improvement in video capture quality.
2017-4-29
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

I was investigating what version I have on the Aircraft and in DJI assistant it says for the .600 version "refresh" and current for .055 or lower it says "downgrade" my interpretation is that i'm on .600. When I start the DJI GO app it says that .600 is available for upgrade.

How should I interpretate the information?
2017-4-30
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Flybee Posted at 2017-4-30 00:43
I was investigating what version I have on the Aircraft and in DJI assistant it says for the .600 version "refresh" and current for .055 or lower it says "downgrade" my interpretation is that i'm on .600. When I start the DJI GO app it says that .600 is available for upgrade.

How should I interpretate the information?

Have you upgraded your remote controller? If not, this is why the information pops up ;-)

Just connect your controller to your PC, turn it on and launch DJI Assistant 2. You can connect your controller via Micro USB (same port which is used for charging your controller).
2017-4-30
Use props
PushSky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554925 ft
United States

PushSky Posted at 2017-4-29 19:34
I flew with the FW.0600 for the first time today with some issues.  Regular start up procedure with no errors or warnings.   GPS mode with 12-14 satellites.  I had a lot of drifting that required inputs to keep the drone in place.  This was a first as the Mavic has been rock solid when flying .0400 and .0550 FW.  It also lost GPS lock once in the sky.  There are no building or obstructions to that would block out GPS signals so it was a little unusual.  Then it went into ATTI mode.  It was a little breezy (maybe 10 mph) so flying became a lot more stressful.  This happened twice and on the second flight the drone was difficult to control with the breeze.  I've rolled back the FW and will see if the Mavic behaves as it had in the past.  

I was looking forward to the new flight modes and improved video capture but the random GPS signal loss definitely out weighs any improvement in video capture quality.

Update:   Rolling back to .0400 didn't change the GPS signal loss.  After taking the cover off (voiding warranty again) I found the wires running to the left rear motor had popped out of the clip/guide and were resting closer to the GPS wiring.  After tucking the wires back into the holder and making sure they we as far away as possible from the GPS assembly wiring my old rock solid Mavic is back!  Flew for 20 min. without a single issue.  Just to be clear I've crashed 3 times so far (steep learning curve) so the wires most likely came loose during my last uncontrolled landing.  At this point I can give a thumbs up for .0600.
2017-4-30
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-30 12:21
Have you upgraded your remote controller? If not, this is why the information pops up ;-)

Just connect your controller to your PC, turn it on and launch DJI Assistant 2. You can connect your controller via Micro USB (same port which is used for charging your controller).

Thank you.

I have't upgraded anything got my machine back from repair and have not changed anything.
2017-4-30
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

Can anyone tell me how to refresh the firmware? Some of you mention this, but never saw an option to do this? Or do you mean a factory reset?

Still trying to get .0600 on my mavic - with no success so far.

My next question: has anyone some details about the next update? .0650 or .0700? Or how is the upgrade cycle? Can we expect a new update anytime soon? So I would try to skip .0600 :-)
2017-5-2
Use props
saback
New
Flight distance : 69304 ft
Australia

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-2 06:16
Can anyone tell me how to refresh the firmware? Some of you mention this, but never saw an option to do this? Or do you mean a factory reset?

Still trying to get .0600 on my mavic - with no success so far.

I had some hiccups to upgrade to the new FW. I got mine few weeks ao and I jumped from the original FW straight to FW .600
I tried the DJI GO 4 app but it stuck first at 0% and later at 5% and didn't progress so I decided to use the DJI Assistant what didn't work first time. The process I follow was:

MP
Upgrade
Factory Reset
Refresh

Remote Control
Upgrade --> worked first time

I'd recommend you to try few times with different setups - MP only, RC only, MP + RC, or as a last resort try to install the previous FW and upgrade from it.
2017-5-2
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

I suggest to NOT upgrade to 600. It literally bricked my new (few minutes lifespan) Mavic. Waiting for a response better than "we'll repair it", for a brand new drone. A lot of other people are complaining about update interruptions, etc.
2017-5-2
Use props
tanakrit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329131 ft
Thailand

This time, FW.600 makes me feel good. Like when it was new.
Thanks dji for good support.
2017-5-2
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-5-2 16:29
I suggest to NOT upgrade to 600. It literally bricked my new (few minutes lifespan) Mavic. Waiting for a response better than "we'll repair it", for a brand new drone. A lot of other people are complaining about update interruptions, etc.

As long as my .0550 firmware runs well, I don't need to update. But I have concerns, that this issue persists in future updates :-(
2017-5-2
Use props
fansdb6bca2e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60807 ft
Germany

waiting for a new update........
2017-5-4
Use props
fans5764c5ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 850 ft
United States

It would be really nice if DJI would actually test their firmware before release. Even nicer? Being able to forego the install of the firmware until others have tested it and proven that its not going to cause issues.
2017-5-4
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans95824758 Posted at 2017-4-17 10:21
Hi, I have had today a little issue with my mavic flying with the new firmare .600. It has taken off without any problem, has ascended to 50 m, I have flown it 135 meters away and it has appear the message "Aircraft disconnected" on the app. I had control over the aircraft and I have been able to bring it back to home, but the rc was making something strange, the screen on the rc was going and coming, this had not happened before. Is it something related with the new firmware? Just leave it here in case it interests to someone.

I have never seen the RC display act like that.  Perhaps it was trying to cycle between messages?

The app on your phone says aircraft disconnected, but in reality it is only the app that is disconnected unless the Mavic fails to respond to RC control infputs.  The RC display should show it's status (like GPS Mode, Opti Mode, Active Trac, No RC Signal, etc.) on the RC.  

I don't take off until I get in GPS mode and I see (and usually hear it announce) it has established a Home Point.  I had a Parrot Beebop that I got when the price dropped after Christmas to practice with while awaiting my Mavic.   It had trouble seeing the GPS satellites and therefore setting a Home Point.  I almost lost it once and did a second time when I got to far away luckily a neighbor (800 feet away) saw it crash.  Damage was minimal.

As a result I make sure I have a home point.  In Arizona, I flew at property my brother bought in the desert to get him a nice aerial pic and video.  We were close to a metal cargo pod and about 140 ft away along the road was a transformer on a pole.  Lots of interference to video and when I got close to the Transformer I lost control (as warned about in the manual), after several seconds RTH kicked in and it came back to land.  When it got close I refined the landing.   If in trouble, first push pause on the RC to see if it will stop and hover,  If you can't fly it back, then Push and HOLD "RTH" on the controller until the RC status changes (on my tests about 1-2 seconds).  When it comes back it will begin to auto land you can steer it and counter the descent using left stick forward (mode 2), but it will resume descent once you stop countering.  If it loses RC signal (No RC Signal on display) and you have a Home point set - it will begin RTH after 3 secs. (20  secs wifi control).

By the way the transformer effected the video I was getting and that was a big clue I was probably in trouble.
2017-5-4
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Monday this week got an update to Android OS 7.0 (I thought it said 7.0.1) and I have flown 4 full flights using photo, video, active track, POI, and tap fly.  Everything worked as advertised and flew down to low battery before bringing the Mavic back.  Also did a flight where I tried RTH and how to stop RTH.  Everything worked as described in the manual.

Mavic Firmware v01.03.6600; DJI GO4 app v 4.0.6; Samsung S7 with android 7.0.  (settings >
about phone).  Since it only said 7.0 I checked Using settings> system update>press learn more and got this as software version NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQC5

Will fly more when weather gets better and see if stability to system stays good.
2017-5-4
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

New firmware in the next day or two??   I'm calling it here!  DJI releases new fw like clockwork near the beginning of each month it seams....
2017-5-4
Use props
srg
lvl.2
United States

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-5-2 16:29

FWIW, .600 bricked my gimbal and SD card reader beyond recovery, less than 24hr after I got it. I didn't buy through DJI and didn't want to deal with a return, so I sent it in. Getting it back tomorrow and going by the replacement's serial number, it appears to be brand new (build date of 12 April).
2017-5-4
Use props
fans95824758
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994216 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-5-4 10:43
I have never seen the RC display act like that.  Perhaps it was trying to cycle between messages?

The app on your phone says aircraft disconnected, but in reality it is only the app that is disconnected unless the Mavic fails to respond to RC control infputs.  The RC display should show it's status (like GPS Mode, Opti Mode, Active Trac, No RC Signal, etc.) on the RC.  

Hi, thank you for your answer. I download firmware to .550 and my Mavic has flown ok  again, 300 meters distance without losing signal. I don´t rely on .600.
2017-5-5
Use props
fans95824758
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994216 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-5-4 10:43

Hi, thank you for your answer. I download firmware to .550 and my Mavic has flown ok  again, 300 meters distance without losing signal. I don´t rely on .600.
2017-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules