New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
309464 1673 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heyandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

fans2f02e2bc Posted at 2017-4-7 22:00
Dear all...

JFYI again on 0550....

Come on DJI.  3 releases and Autopilot and Litchi both recommend using the upgrades.  I use Autopilot way too much to take any upgrade that they flag as unsafe.

Any idea when you guys can fix the API?
2017-4-10
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Heyandy Posted at 2017-4-10 18:28
Come on DJI.  3 releases and Autopilot and Litchi both recommend using the upgrades.  I use Autopilot way too much to take any upgrade that they flag as unsafe.

I have to say that I would be annoyed if DJI spend time fixing issues with 3rd party apps. I would rather them concentrate on improving the current firmware and DJI apps.
2017-4-10
Use props
PieterMX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 593980 ft
Netherlands

With this new firmware (v01.03.0550) the right (shutter) wheel sometimes doesn't work properly. Exactly the problem @Xman1 describes... Turning the transmitter off and on again fixes it. It's not aircraft and / or app related, since you can test it without anything connected... The transmitter should make a sound when rotating the wheel (no matter if it is connected or not), but it doesn't when the problem is occurs. Oh BTW: It always takes about 5 seconds after turning on the transmitter before the wheel responds anyway, that seems to be normal.

Since the previous firmware doesn't have this issue I guess it's not hardware related. I now have to check the transmitter before every flight and turn it off and on again when the wheel is dead. DJI please fix.
2017-4-11
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

New firmware today.
2017-4-11
Use props
Gaz Mc
lvl.3
United Kingdom

just updating mine now to V01.03.0600
2017-4-11
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

seems a very good update !!! doing it now !
update.jpg
2017-4-11
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Seem like a lot of changes/improvements in this FW. Likely some hidden changes too...  
2017-4-11
Use props
Heyandy
lvl.2
United States

Heyandy Posted at 2017-4-10 18:28

So just got email from Hangar that 01.03.0600 fixes the problem.   Don't see a post here yet, but will check when I get home!   Let the flying begin again!!!
2017-4-11
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163474 ft
New Zealand

Just did the most recent release and now my controller is saying NFZ limit, im assuming that means i cant fly here well thats BS because im 6 billion miles from the airport gggrrr wth DJI. Now what???
2017-4-11
Use props
fans1f4a3127
lvl.4
Germany

After Update NFZ Limit, and he dont update the NFZ. 0 Percent Download After 30 Minutes
2017-4-11
Use props
StillnMotion
lvl.1
United States

Thanks when I get my Mavic tonight I will have to definitely do this.
2017-4-11
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-4-9 18:16
You might have AE locked, try unlocked from your app

I didn't.  Still it was working again.

On firmware .600 now so maybe no longer an issue.

Strange that new firmware within days.  Something must be seriously wrong with .500 or .550 for them to release so close like that.
2017-4-11
Use props
Heyandy
lvl.2
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-10 20:16
I have to say that I would be annoyed if DJI spend time fixing issues with 3rd party apps. I would rather them concentrate on improving the current firmware and DJI apps.

The API they provide is THEIR app that they provide to third party, so this is THEIR problem not the 3rd parties problem.  So they need to fix what they provide to everyone.
2017-4-11
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-11 13:54
I didn't.  Still it was working again.

On firmware .600 now so maybe no longer an issue.

I think .550 was a hotfix and .600 is normal planned release.
They may be stepping up their game, having more devs now on the mavic.
2017-4-11
Use props
fans8fbb746d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10075 ft
Germany

Just the did update, some results from a quick indoor test:
- Automatic landing can now again be aborted by pressing the left stick up (Mode 2), yay! Pause button doesn't abort the landing though.
- Some settings are reset (Landing protection was re-enabled for me)
- NFZ update hangs for me as well
2017-4-12
Use props
cqS1kEMgo8cx
lvl.1
Russia

Hello, everyone! I'm a new Mavic user, just did 3 flights on .550 firmware and updated to .600. The problem is that update of NFZ hanged on 0% and now I cannot take off in a 100% clear area. What should I do? Is there a way to try updating NFZ again, so it finishes and not freezes on 0%?  Thank you
2017-4-12
Use props
Craig540
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1292339 ft
  • >>>
United States

cqS1kEMgo8cx Posted at 2017-4-12 03:09
Hello, everyone! I'm a new Mavic user, just did 3 flights on .550 firmware and updated to .600. The problem is that update of NFZ hanged on 0% and now I cannot take off in a 100% clear area. What should I do? Is there a way to try updating NFZ again, so it finishes and not freezes on 0%?  Thank you

Check you startup sequence. I had the same problem until i noticed it would not happen when i first turned on the controller then ipad and finally the Mavic.
2017-4-12
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

IS the 'NFZ Update' mandatory?  When upgrading firmware it appears you can opt out of installing the NFZ updates.  I don't want these updates as a while back I had the green space behind my house show up as a NFZ when it is not and I do not want to have glitches like this since we may not have any way of correcting these.  I appears that others have experienced this too.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans8fbb746d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10075 ft
Germany

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-4-12 08:00
IS the 'NFZ Update' mandatory?  When upgrading firmware it appears you can opt out of installing the NFZ updates.  I don't want these updates as a while back I had the green space behind my house show up as a NFZ when it is not and I do not want to have glitches like this since we may not have any way of correcting these.  I appears that others have experienced this too.

I think so: there's an option to ignore it. I went forward and it just stood there at 0% until I closed the application. After starting it again, I can fly without getting NFZ issues. I assume it's just using the data from the last NFZ update. So that's one way to ignore the update ;-) HTH
2017-4-12
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

When trying to download 01.03.0550 I got a message, ignored it and noticed it's now downloading V01.03.0600, so an even newer version with a new "Fixed Wing mode", and a few other interesting features. The DJI network seems extremely slow, downloading takes ages while all other internet business is fast as usual. Noticed this as well during my previous (and first) firmware update."Ensure the aircraft battery is over 50% before updating." Well, at this speed I start at 100% and it's below 50% when the download has finis...oh wait, it's there! Good thing the Mavic is on, and the motors are off (and the fan is clearly doing is loud job!).
2017-4-12
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dear god !   DJI,  please stop adding more features that either dont work or make other things fail,  there really is no point,   the Devs doing this work need to be told they are not impressing the boss by adding all these new broken features,  or features that make original features even worse !  why on earth would DJI want to add an airplane mode ???  or at least until the rest of it works,  maybe this is getting near to the "straw that breaks the donkeys back"  maybe the mavic was put out into the market for all us gullable ones to think we were getting a nice small camera drone,  only for there to be an alternate idea by DJI,  where THE MAVIC is put out as a test bed for dji to practice their ideas,  and with all the thousands of pilots paying to be car crash dummies !  and even report there findings on here.  ha hahahaha
2017-4-12
Use props
Unstabler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155741 ft
Germany

Ok, I'm really confused. Is the latest firmware update 0.055 or 0.06? If it's 0.06 then where are the release note? What is new?

2017-4-13
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

Just a note: I updated from .550 to .600 via DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.0-2 on Windows 10, connected to the RC with the AC on, connected through a USB 2.0 port. And... DJI Assistant stuck on "upgrading 96% complete" for 10 minutes after the Mavic restarted. Eventually I gave up and closed DJI Assistant, disconnected the controller and drone, shut them off, and took them out to fly. They reported their firmware was .600, so... something must have gone wrong with DJI Assistant somewhere if it was convinced they weren't done.

The drone flew just fine, as far as I could tell.

Oh, and the startup noise is back to what it used to be. Thanks for the cosmetic thing.
ATTI mode is still on my wishlist as a feature to manually enable, if we're adding modes to the Mavic now- Fixed-wing mode seems to be an okay cruise control for getting places without having to hold the sticks in position constantly, though I'm not seeing many use cases for it yet. Might as well see what turns up.
2017-4-13
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405102 ft
United Kingdom

MikeQView Posted at 2017-4-12 12:07
Dear god !   DJI,  please stop adding more features that either dont work or make other things fail,  there really is no point,   the Devs doing this work need to be told they are not impressing the boss by adding all these new broken features,  or features that make original features even worse !  why on earth would DJI want to add an airplane mode ???  or at least until the rest of it works,  maybe this is getting near to the "straw that breaks the donkeys back"  maybe the mavic was put out into the market for all us gullable ones to think we were getting a nice small camera drone,  only for there to be an alternate idea by DJI,  where THE MAVIC is put out as a test bed for dji to practice their ideas,  and with all the thousands of pilots paying to be car crash dummies !  and even report there findings on here.  ha hahahaha

MikeQView, can You please name these features that either dont work or make other things fail? Most of them is VERY handy if you filming where smooth and constant camera movement is essential.
2017-4-13
Use props
fansf5a664e1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1586890 ft
Sweden

New firmware is working out fine for me. Just did som flights, 30 790 meters 110 minutes without any issues besides some manual calibration of the gimbal.
Did no calibrations besides gimbal after upgrade.
2017-4-13
Use props
fans2f02e2bc
New
Flight distance : 330997 ft
Hong Kong

JFYI again.....

and I THINK I CAN NOT FLY MY MAVIC ANY MORE UNLESS I HAVE AN IPHONE

tested with 3 ANDROID DEVICES all same happened

2 snapdragon cpu with android 6 and other is 7

1 helio cpu with android 6

what happening is....

all updated were done successfully by PC's dji assistant 2

so here comes the fun part....

the mavic was on the ground, when I press the video rec. buttom, boom! app crashed!

so... DEAR DJI, may I know how I can fly the Mavic again with all your updated firmware?

{:4_154:}{:4_154:}{:4_154:}

2017-4-13
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Where are the Release Notes for V01.03.0600?
2017-4-13
Use props
fans2f02e2bc
New
Hong Kong

fans2f02e2bc Posted at 2017-4-13 10:34
JFYI again.....

and I THINK I CAN NOT FLY MY MAVIC ANY MORE UNLESS I HAVE AN IPHONE

sorry I forgotten to mention the version because I'm soooo pixxxxxxxx-ed

mavic and remote's frimware is 0660
android app is DJIGO4 4.0.6

any suggestion would be appreciated, thank you
2017-4-13
Use props
fans2f02e2bc
New
Hong Kong

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-4-13 10:34
Where are the Release Notes for V01.03.0600?

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
2017-4-13
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Thanks! Now I'm a bit embarrassed about my laziness.
2017-4-13
Use props
gregoryludwig
New
Flight distance : 498780 ft
United States

I FINALLY HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING!!!

So I think this is a great product buttttt... I have had nothing but problems since the what seems like weekly updates began. I preordered 1 week after launch and received 2 months later. Since I have had this drone, in hand, I must have atleast two dozen updates and everytime it has caused increasing problems with everyone then the day I took it out of the box and flew it without issues.
Anyway long story short, when I fire up my drone the gimbal goes nuts and smack the housing on both sides. (Seems like a lot of people are having this problem.) I will be contacting them in the next 24 hours about the refresh program I added on with this purchase. Disappointed it is unflyable at this time. :-(
But does DJI even test the update pushes they send out?!?! The worst part is, I get in the field to fly and I feel obligated to update and 1 battery later and forcing it to update over the phone without internet, I'm more frustrated.

I hoping once I get this replaced, I won't have anymore issues.
Before anyone asks, I have done all the recalibrations, factory reset, and everything else suggested by DJI and what others have found worked.

Fingers crossed I don't have to wait weeks or months on a replacement.

Happy flying
2017-4-13
Use props
fansd15b8246
lvl.1
Singapore

Lol finally updated my mavic pro.... keeps failing at sensors calibrations
2017-4-13
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

This update is a total disaster for me any way so much so I'm rolling all the way back to 400
2017-4-13
Use props
Airbus350XWB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705768 ft
Indonesia

hello, i am staying .400 at the moment, should i update my dji go. i am in dji go 4.0.6 ios, should  i go to 4.0.7 ?? everything is fine in my current settings now,,really afraid to update.. thanks
2017-4-14
Use props
Snowhack700
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17428 ft
United States

I can't wait to use the "new" DJI features. I use the quoted because fixed wing mode has been called "drift mode" on diy drone for years. I actually program the ability to do that in my Taranis. (Aileron mixed with Yaw) I'm surprised it took them so long. I do like the find my drone feature, it lets me see drone as it travels around the world being "repaired" (mine came with a defective gimbal) so if and when I ever see it again I can finally use the "new" features. Actually I barely had a chance to use the old features before boxing it back up and sending it back.
Screenshot_20170414-092112.png
2017-4-14
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

simis Posted at 2017-4-13 06:35
MikeQView, can You please name these features that either dont work or make other things fail? Most of them is VERY handy if you filming where smooth and constant camera movement is essential.

It has appeared on this forum for many months,  and many seperate cases,  maybe too numerous to state here in a list,  earlier updates REMOVED  "Art" mode, at the time it was the best filming mode, only to be replaced with modes that were of little use,  the ability to stream to Youtube /facebook,  has worked and failed with different upgrades,   some things that work on IOS dont work on Android and ViceVersa,  newer versions have seen the video feedback becoming more laggy and blocky on many phones and tablets, likely because the softwares/firmwares are possibly overloaded from working harder than previous,   with all the extra add ons useing up CPU real estate,   Newer versions are seeing unreliable screen freezes and disconnects,  my own experience has seen this since what was the best FW version for .200,    program lockups too while changing flightmodes is more common on my machines, and some others since the earlier firmwares and softwares.  phones and tablets that used to be able to run this craft appear to be struggling now,  i really dont need to go on any more. i believe its the sum of the total,  and my belief is that DJI really ought to split the Firmwares to all the craft into Proffesional and Hobby,  that way the Pro's can have a stable and working firmware without the odd bits like airplane modes and all the different video/photo modes,  leaving just DLog and Cinelike maybe, loading a true ATTI mode, and just getting the thing to work reliably   the hobby version could be loaded with all the toys, bells and whistles for the Beta players.   And then the GO app seperated back to each individual model,  also the editor APP stripping out and put into its own standalone app,    i believe this is one of the only ways to get this working properly,   OR   hire a genius to program the Apps and Firmware properly.
2017-4-14
Use props
phil_r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65190 ft
Australia

Is anyone who is using Firmware V01.03.0600 and an IOS/Android device experiencing problems with video not being saved in the cache on your device? There is quite a long thread on MavicPilots that mentions that a lot of people are having that problem with the latest .0600 firmware and the respective latest DJI Go 4 version for their device.

EDIT I am having the problem too. The video does save on the SD card on the quad but does not appear on my iPad.
2017-4-15
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122215 ft
United States

I have updated a few times and the DJI app keeps telling me I need to upgrade when I have the latest software. I did not update the NFZ though so would that cause the app to say it? Last time it did not.

Stability seems a bit off also. Nothing that I am super concerned as flying is fine but it is drifting which has never happened before on my Mavic.
2017-4-16
Use props
DamienCh
lvl.1
Switzerland

I've made a review of the new wing mode in the 600 firmware.

I confirm, it's fun to use (especially with FPV goggles), but far from cinematic !

2017-4-16
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

phil_r Posted at 2017-4-15 18:35
Is anyone who is using Firmware V01.03.0600 and an IOS/Android device experiencing problems with video not being saved in the cache on your device? There is quite a long thread on MavicPilots that mentions that a lot of people are having that problem with the latest .0600 firmware and the respective latest DJI Go 4 version for their device.

EDIT I am having the problem too. The video does save on the SD card on the quad but does not appear on my iPad.

Tested earlier today and video cache is working on my iPad mini 2.
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules