DJI please come back to me!!
767 8 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andreleroux47
lvl.1

South Africa

Good day

I Mr A.LeRoux purchased a DJI Phantom 3 Pro on Friday 14 Oct 2016 from Droneworld Cape Town. On Friday afternoon I set up the drone and had a quick flight with my Samsung S7 on the controler my S7 Restarded by itself and then connected to the drone by itself after the restart.

On Saterday the 15 Oct 2016 the DJI Go App promted me to update the firmware of the controller and the drone I did this and both were done succesfull. I flew the drone for some time until 2 batteries were flat during this time my S7 did the restart glitch once more.

I then charged my batteries and later the afternoon I flew the drone again after calibrating it before flight, it was a clear day with open air space with no obstructions my singnal to the remote was full with 17 Satelites connected battery level was at 59% my altitude was about 28m and the distance was around 250m the camera gimbal suddenly went wild up and down movements and the red light on my RC came on and my S7 did the restart glicth again after the cellphone restarted there was no conection the return to home would not work and my drone is gone.

I believe this is due to a firmware/software issue.
Please advise which process should i follow.
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi andreleroux, really sorry for your lost, we'd love to help you figure out the reason why it happened like that.
Please sync your flight records through APP as following tutorial, then contact our tech support at support@dji.com with the time it occurred and your DJI account (e-mail address), our engineers will help you analyze the date then contact you with the specific info.
2016-10-21
Use props
andreleroux47
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi DJI Natalia. I sync my flight records but the last flight when the accident  happend doesn't show on my log. Droneworld is trying to get answers from DJI but no help. It has been 5 days already. Please can you help.
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

andreleroux47 Posted at 2016-10-21 19:36
Hi DJI Natalia. I sync my flight records but the last flight when the accident  happend doesn't show ...

If in that case, please try to export the flight record manually to check whether it will help.
Please connect your Samsung S7 to a computer, and find \DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\, and send e-mail to support@dji.com with attachment.
If you have the cached video on your mobile device at that moment, please provide it to us as well, you could find it \DJI\dji.pilot\DJI_RECORD.
2016-10-21
Use props
andreleroux47
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-21 13:45
If in that case, please try to export the flight record manually to check whether it will help.
Pl ...

Hi Natalia

I've send the email to dji support with everything I have on my phone.  I hope I get a reply soon.

Regards
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

andreleroux47 Posted at 2016-10-22 01:44
Hi Natalia

I've send the email to dji support with everything I have on my phone.  I hope I get a ...

That's fine, our tech support will reply you once getting the analysis result. Please wait patiently, thanks for your support.
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

andreleroux47 Posted at 2016-10-22 01:44
Hi Natalia

I've send the email to dji support with everything I have on my phone.  I hope I get a ...

I'm sorry for your loss. Our Support team will be getting back to you soon with the results.
2016-10-23
Use props
andreleroux47
lvl.1

South Africa

Thank you
2016-10-24
Use props
andreleroux47
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi