DJI canceling and refunding Mavic orders now?
5672 30 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

I inquired (Oct 20th 10am) about shipping of my Mavic order from Oct 3rd and recieved a reply this morning at 1:23am;

Thank you for contacting the DJI online store.

Due to unexpectedly strong global demand, Mavic Pro pre-order shipments have unfortunately been delayed. However, production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.

As of now, we do not have a specific shipping date, however as soon as your Mavic Pro ships we will contact you by email. Orders will still be shipped on first come first served basis.

Warm regards,
DJI Online Store

That was kind of the answer I was expecting and happy to wait for my order.... but then I receive this at 1:24am

DJI order number 00xxxxxxxxxx is currently being processed
Dear 6eROzTah5esD,
We are currently processing your refund for order number xxxxxxxxxxxxx and will inform you by email when processing is complete.
If you have any questions, please contact an online pre-sales representatives at the DJI Online Store or email

Thank you for your interest in DJI. We hope to see you again soon.
Regards,
DJI

So now DJI is cancelling orders without request and refunding $$ ??!!!???!!

Anyone else have a similar cancelled order??
UPDATED: DJI I see you are very busy with this fiasco you've created. Upset? Yes... Surprised? Extremely... I should have looked at your track record before trying to purchase anything from your "company", however with the excitement of this "release" (hard time calling it that) I would have probably ordered anyway. AGAIN, just shocked by your lack of "customer service" (again hard time calling it that) to correct your error regarding my cancelation...
ALL CUSTOMERS BE WARNED!!

As expected DJI, because you've "accidentally" cancelled my order and "refunded" my credit card I'm out $93.00... I know $93.00 doesn't mean a lot to you as a company but to me all you've done is taken $93.00 out of my pocket.
Congratulations DJI... Great theft, now resume hiding under your desk.

2016-10-21
Use props
fraser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>

Oh... wow.
2016-10-21
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

Im guessing this is a one off bug.  Hopefully....
2016-10-21
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-21 23:07
Im guessing this is a one off bug.  Hopefully....

Replied and send a couple requests for an answer to this error and of course I well not hear anything for at least 24hr from any DJI rep.

I should also mention this order WAS the combo package and extra batteries....
2016-10-21
Use props
TopFPV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This might be a simple mistake as some people did cancel maybe if they typed in some ones order number and made a mistake by a single number your order was canceled instead?
2016-10-21
Use props
fraser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>

I look forward to hearing an update on this cause this is pretty messed up.
2016-10-22
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

UPDATE: the order was indeed "accidentally" cancelled by Serina with DJI. She has requested me to reorder and I'm told I well be put back in que of my original order number; however, I have not seen the credit on CC and I'm still waiting for an answer to resolve what they are doing about the shortfall on the credit because of CC exchange... (CDN funds)
Pretty disappointing to know at this point I either just paid $$ for absolutely nothing (because of their error) and purchase elsewhere, or I purchase again and have this credit shortfall and essentially pay more than anyone else???!!!
TERRIBLE SERVICE DJI !!!!!!!!
2016-10-24
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Whoa.....

Normally I would say trust customer service, reorder, and they will get it corrected for you.   However I'm not confident that I would be making an accurate statement on that at this point.....
2016-10-24
Use props
Virgil Cameron
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22320 ft
Netherlands

How long does this "refunding" actually take? I am usual that a couple of weeks go by before you see any money?
2016-10-24
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-25 03:00
Whoa.....

Normally I would say trust customer service, reorder, and they will get it corrected for  ...

TRUST DJI customer service?? You're funny.... I've sent numerous emails (new and replied), as requested from the "no answers" online chat...
Sounds crazy but you know DJI is a sad excuse of a company when your customer base would rather walk away from $$ lost because of an error of your staff, than having to deal with your 'Customer Service" staff any longer.
2016-10-24
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

Virgil Cameron Posted at 2016-10-25 03:40
How long does this "refunding" actually take? I am usual that a couple of weeks go by before you see ...

The refunding, accidental or not, I assume is 2 days - 2 weeks... which may need stating here; I didn't care about the time line of "refund"
2016-10-24
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

Unfortunate mistake, probably just a typo in the order number of another person that was cancelling. The refund process is probably nothing they can control, might be the credit card company, but I don't know that for sure. If it makes you feel any better, none of us are getting the combos yet.
2016-10-24
Use props
skyrider420
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-24
Use props
Eldonbkh
lvl.4
United States

skyrider420@out Posted at 2016-10-24 12:56
Consider yourself lucky and buy from a local retailer then you don't have to deal with DJI custome ...

How do you know.
2016-10-24
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

gckless Posted at 2016-10-25 03:53
Unfortunate mistake, probably just a typo in the order number of another person that was cancelling. ...

She explained what happened for the error to occur, and I understand that part and I understand nothing they could have done to reverse the refund... it was the "what are you going to do now that the error has happened and I have money out of pocket?" part

ANSWER: apparently NOTHING
2016-10-24
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

skyrider420@out Posted at 2016-10-25 03:56
Consider yourself lucky and buy from a local retailer then you don't have to deal with DJI custome ...

Yes, striking it up as a lesson learned to never ......EVER put yourself in a situation where you are forced to deal with inept crew at DJI CS...
2016-10-24
Use props
Virgil Cameron
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22320 ft
Netherlands

6eROzTah5esD Posted at 2016-10-24 21:51
The refunding, accidental or not, I assume is 2 days - 2 weeks... which may need stating here; I d ...

oke thanks!
2016-10-24
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

Canada

As expected DJI, because you've "accidentally" cancelled my order and "refunded" my credit card I'm out $93.00... I know $93.00 doesn't mean a lot to you as a company but to me all you've done is taken $93.00 out of my pocket.
2016-10-25
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyrider420@out Posted at 2016-10-25 03:56

You may want to wait until there are more Mavics shipped before you start your new conspiracy theory.
2016-10-25
Use props
Muravis
lvl.1

Thailand

Just cancelled my Mavic pro order - they were very happy to do it for me and charge zero cancellation fee. Well done DJI - never ever will I ever buy anything from you again. Kudos !!! Another business case example of a Chinese company doing fraudulent business. Yipeee !!! Happy to have parted way early.
2016-11-10
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

6eROzTah5esD Posted at 2016-10-25 11:32

DJI accidentally cancelled your order and you were shorted $93.00 in the process?

I am pretty sure DJI will make it right if you find the right person.

DJI-Ken, Tahoe-Ed - any ideas how this customer can be made whole again? It sounds like due to a DJI oops the customer has lost revenue.

2016-11-11
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

Canada

st pauli Posted at 2016-11-11 10:50
DJI accidentally cancelled your order and you were shorted $93.00 in the process?

I am pretty sure ...

The "right" person??
Sorry, I can not help but just laugh now about this and DJI. I send NUMEROUS messages, to the addy that I've been told by every person I've contacted at DJI and it has now been what over three weeks. THREE WEEKS, of zero response....... they are obviously WAY to busy to contact me let alone correct this "theft"
I well not get into the same old details of this error, who made it, when etc..... I've conceded to the fact they have no intention of ever correcting their error.
DJI is a complete joke...... all I have to show for my ninety three dollars and change now is a story; a story for every person I've met since and well meet everyday looking to purchase an RC drone, RC plane, FPV ship, etc.
2016-11-14
Use props
fans1eb3f71e
Ban Posts

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-19
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

I payed thru PayPal , filed a dispute to get my money back, had the full amount back into my PayPal within 4 hours of  acknowledgement of canceling from dji
2016-11-19
Use props
Paranoid Jack
lvl.1

United States

Great, just awesome! I just emailed them last night to inquire about my order and now I have to worry that they may cancel it? If they do mistakenly cancel my order I will be contacting the better business bureau at the very least. I will also report the charges as fraud so that my credit card company will charge back any amount lost due to currency rate changes. I went from happy to wait, to unhappily waiting, and now have reached the WTF is going on level!
2016-11-19
Use props
fansaa594e04
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys as you may well know from my moaning I am still waiting for my mavic pro fly more bundle to arrive from DJI. I ordered it on the 29th of November and clearly it's now obvious to me that there is no first come first served policy with DJI orders, though they often state that.
Ok now I'm going to let all you guys know what I found out today which again angered me even more. Today I decided to look on the dji site to see what had changed if anything and to my surprise the mavic now ships in 7-10 working days! Wow I thought then surely my order will be on the way. So I contacted DJI via the chat system and here is was I was told.
"If you order today you'll get your mavic 7-10 days after payment confirmation but if you ordered say November or December you'll still be waiting 6-8 weeks for you mavic as that was the stated timescale when you placed your order".
So I was taken back by this response so I said to the agent "so your telling me it was a waste of time me ordering way back in November I'm better off ordering today as I'll get my mavic quicker?" To which she replied "well yes".
I continued "so you can't send me my mavic in the next 7-10 days because my order was placed when the timescale was 6-8 weeks". She said "no sorry".
So following this policy from DJI I suggest we learn how to see into the future before we place an order with dji and it makes no difference ordering early.
2017-1-4
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Serina is really Tran. It was probably a honest mistake. Use paypal credit for preorders, 6 months no interest so you don't have to risk a dime. Far as the 93 dollars in interest, I doubt that's a dji problem. Being honest here.
2017-1-4
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

they cancelled my pre order that i placed on the 28th of Sept when I inquired on the delivery date. I think they didn't understood what I was asking. Anyway I placed my order with another local reseller in Australia and got my drone early in Dec. 2016
2017-1-4
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

Canada

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-4 16:17
Serina is really Tran.  It was probably a honest mistake. Use paypal credit for preorders, 6 months no interest so you don't have to risk a dime. Far as the 93 dollars in interest, I doubt that's a dji problem. Being honest here.

Just to clarify thehippoz, this is not regarding "interest" for borrowed $$.... this is regarding the loss of $$ due to exchange... The $93 was the shortfall to and from USD once they "accidentally" cancelled the order.
2017-1-30
Use props
6eROzTah5esD
lvl.1

Canada

stratosHD Posted at 2017-1-4 16:23
they cancelled my pre order that i placed on the 28th of Sept when I inquired on the delivery date. I think they didn't understood what I was asking. Anyway I placed my order with another local reseller in Australia and got my drone early in Dec. 2016

Glad you finally got your Mavic and hope that you didn't lose any $$ in exchange to and from USD as well
2017-1-30
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

6eROzTah5esD Posted at 2017-1-30 08:30
Just to clarify thehippoz, this is not regarding "interest" for borrowed $$.... this is regarding the loss of $$ due to exchange... The $93 was the shortfall to and from USD once they "accidentally" cancelled the order.

Yeah taking money before shipping is not the right way to go.
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules