Best Tablet and Recommended Laptop for editing (Phantom 4)
2286 5 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redsectora2007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48287 ft
United Kingdom

Hello
I'm after some expert advice on : Favourite Tablets,
                                                           Favourite Laptops,
                                                           Favourite Editing Software
Totally new to all this and I want to get the best out of my Phantom 4. Got loads of questions like Nvidia Shield  or Apple, 4096 x 2160 or Smaller, What software for post?
Basically I'm after what set ups people are using or which you recommend for the best pic/video.I would like any tips on how to get pics/video at best quality from the aircraft to the pc.
Don't want much do I?  lol

Thanks
Andy
2016-10-21
Use props
alger
New

United States

Got for a laptop with a high resolution screen. Apple is best. I use a MacBook air
2016-11-15
Use props
alger
New

United States

Here is a review on it http://pc4u.org/best-laptops-for-college-students/
2016-11-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

High end?

Probably best would be some gamer's computer setup as they go for speed, which you need to speed-up video editing, as well as a better graphics cards that has a decent amount of memory and speed too.  Top end Sager's can run you up into the $7,500 range with three SSD drives and top end dual nVidia cards in  notebook package.  Add on a better grade of monitor like a 4K Eizo like the Hollywood color graders use for another $3K to $6K each and you got a system.  He already had the Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve editor (Running Resolve 12.5) controller setup which was $29K last I looked, but he edits for the majors so he can justify it all and his new studio in Santa Clarita too.

Personally, I'd look at a cheaper 15" 2.9GHz 2TB Apple MacBook Pro loaded with Final Cut Pro for about $4,600, and add an Eizo 4K monitor later on.  I wasn't impressed with the Apple Retina display overall as they are too contrasty (I also run 6 printers and they do not favor glossy and contrasty Retina screens imho.).  I met some color grader in LA when monitor shopping and he was buying four 4K Eizos at $6 each to replace his Apple Thunderbolt displays for reasons mentioned too.   Plus, the Eizo's have built-in hardware screen calibrators to maintain their accuracy where you can set them to self-calibrate every few days against using external calibrators and storing their profiles in your computer itself.

Only rub with Apple is they are a bit snobbish on installing new software with permissions and odd filing restrictions in the newer OS.  Might be their game plan though to keep them running smoothly too.  Windows takes about anything, but they seem to slow down in time once the registry gets filled up.  If I reformat them and reinstall, they speed up again.

Good luck, but top end stuff is pricey.
2016-11-15
Use props
Salorius
New

Germany

I use the SONY Xperia Z4 tablet.
Waterproof and fits perfectly into the RC, not leaving a single mm space in the holder :-)
2016-11-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I use the fantasmagoria iPad Air2 64gb Cellular. Never had a bad flight, or problematic issue in over a year and a half.  ;-)

Having a problem free drone surely helps a lot, in this endeavour... Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules