7577 99 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

buzzbuzz Posted at 2016-10-22 09:47
Actually, in the last few days DJI said they will include a USB-C cable with the Mavic Pro as stan ...

Any clue what the "RC Cable Slider" is? Seems in the latest "in the box" list they have doubled the number of these..

OLD List-

NEW List -
2016-10-22
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

Mpampis Posted at 2016-10-22 20:20
Hahaha the mavic it's only out almost a month now and we talking for the 2nd generation already?

You can bet money DJI is already working on it. Same as you can bet Apple is prototyping the 2-years-away iPhone 9 when they debut the iPhone 7. These ideas take time from concept to finished product, so better to get the wish list out now and hope somebody is listening.
2016-10-22
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Full frame mirrorless camera
2016-10-22
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-10-22 18:59
You can bet money DJI is already working on it. Same as you can bet Apple is prototyping the 2-yea ...

Yes I know , but many people didn't receive the Mavic at all.
2016-10-22
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

What are you guys doing asking for downhill tracking...the original Mavic should have this in a future firmware update. It already tracks uphill!
2016-10-22
Use props
Draxel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Cactus Bert Posted at 2016-10-22 08:22
Yes waterproofing is a big deal! (VERY IMPORTANT) It would be nice if you could still fly if it enc ...

I certainly agree. I'd love to feel safe flying in the rain, near waterfalls, etc.
It doesn't necessarily have to survive being submerged, but simple waterproofing.  
2016-10-22
Use props
Raja the Mighty
lvl.1
United States

Add a mute option on the controller or a volume rocker.
Also add waterproof or at least water resistance for misty weather.
2016-12-4
Use props
fans423de705
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I would also ask for sensor improvement. Ability to see further ahead based on speed. Obstacle avoidance in sport mode.

I would also trust obstacle avoidance more if it could see wires and limbs in it's way.
2016-12-4
Use props
fans423de705
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Robotic legs and solar power. It can land if it got lost and charge itself. Once charged it could fly back on it's own.
2016-12-4
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

It's interesting to note that with technology moving so fast the product you buy today is already outdated. And I haven't even got my little piece of outdated technology.
2016-12-4
Use props
grozmo
lvl.2
Australia

- Improved camera sensor (think flying a7s for low light)
- Higher image quality / bitrate

- Camera can tilt up 90 degrees (without seeing propellers)
- No propeller shadow from sun

- Access to SD Card slot without unfolding / or / copy from mavic direct without power-on

..and of course more battery life, further range, faster speed etc..

2016-12-4
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

Axiom Posted at 2016-10-21 20:16
My wish list:  Get better servers so they don't crash when everywhere is trying to pre-order, Delive ...

USB C cable came in my Mavic box
2016-12-4
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

As long as they can deliver it on the promise day .

I am still waiting for my order placed on the 29th of Septermber,  this pre order scam has been terrible.

They are shipping all their beta testing units not the production ready units, that is a shame.
2016-12-4
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

stratosHD Posted at 2016-12-4 18:24
As long as they can deliver it on the promise day .

I am still waiting for my order placed on the 29th of Septermber,  this pre order scam has been terrible.

Yes I feel for you! I don't understand why they are deliberately bypassing some first day orders. There must be a reason I don't know. Does anyone know why they are sending out what to me seems somewhat random but staying only slightly to a first come first served basis?
Does anybody know?
Is it reverse phycology.... the squeaky wheel gets no grease?
Have you been obnoxious to DJI in the past and now your paying for it?
These are questions I can't answer for the people who ordered on day one and have been bypassed in the delivery lineup.
This isn't Amazon or Apple, your dealing with a smaller company who isn't in the USA and if you hurt their feelings they may put their back up and say (Shut the front door) but in another way.
My wife is Chinese, I've been to China 7 times, I do know the Chinese are proud of their heritage and don't take any crap without consequences.
But I honestly don't know the real reason why.
2016-12-5
Use props
boldblue737
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418337 ft
  • >>>
United States

In this order:

#1 Fulltime Autofocus
#2 As many additional collision sensors as possible. At least the rearward cameras + IR side sensors of the P4P and maybe even the upward sensor of the Inspire 2.
#3 Improve the camera as much as possible for the small size. I understand it maybe difficult to compete with the larger cameras and sensors on the P4P but I think better quality control and uniform sharpness from corner to corner should be achievable. There is too much variability with currently shipping Mavics.
#4 Software enhancement should continue such as the reverse path return to home feature seen on the P4P etc., improvements to tracking etc.

The size and basic design are genius and I would expect to not see too many changes for several years in that.
2016-12-5
Use props
boldblue737
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418337 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mpampis Posted at 2016-10-22 20:20
Hahaha the mavic it's only out almost a month now and we talking for the 2nd generation already?

Sure... DJI has been updating the Phantom series on average every 8 months! That said with how "hot" the Mavic is right now I bet we don't see a Mavic 2 until at EARLIEST fall 2017 and perhaps into 2018.
2016-12-5
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

That takes more than one camera. They do have equipment you can purchase but you will also need 6 - 8 go pro cameras to fit into it. Maybe the Mavic could lift it? I did see some interesting videos of the mavic carrying water bottles and having it's props cut. So there is a solution out there, but it's not very cheap for the average person. You actually need to have a purpose or extra cash to want be able to photograph this way.
It's definitely not something they will put into any drone as a standard feature.
2016-12-5
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

boldblue737 Posted at 2016-12-5 16:29
Sure... DJI has been updating the Phantom series on average every 8 months! That said with how "hot" the Mavic is right now I bet we don't see a Mavic 2 until at EARLIEST fall 2017 and perhaps into 2018.

I bet we don't see a Mavic 2 until at EARLIEST fall 2017 and perhaps into 2018.

Your probably correct. They are still filling orders from October and haven't even fulfilled 1/4 of the orders or less. At an average of ... oh I don't know just speculation..... lets say 10 - 30 Mavic being produced a day, those that ordered in November and December could have a bit of a wait. Unless you ordered through a store which everyone can see they fulfill those orders before they fulfill their own DJI direct orders.
So it could be a while before we actually see the next model of Mavic.
2016-12-5
Use props
walk am
New

Italy

360 degrees anti collision sensors, a must!

waterproof
2017-2-6
Use props
danieleforyou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154820 ft
Iceland

#1 Lost horizon gimbal orientation issue: fully solved
#2 Ability to chose flying in ATTI mode / OPTI mode
#3 4k/60 fps
#4 Ability for the user to disable frontal sensors and only use the bottom ones for precision hovering indoors (but without maintaining minimum clearance)
2017-2-6
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

walk am Posted at 2017-2-6 09:31
360 degrees anti collision sensors, a must!

waterproof

After flying the Mavics for about 8 weeks now, my personal wish list is

Sensors
  • 360° obstacle avoidance
  • Improved obstacle avoidance that detects small branches, so that you can fly backwards over trees

Camera
  • 4k/60fps to get smoother videos
  • Mabye variable aperture so that no ND filters have to be used to get the shutter speed down for smooth videos
  • Exposure times up to 30 seconds for photos to get great night shots

Features:
  • 360° panoramic pictures (stitching)

Fly modes
  • Timelapse: The Mavic flies at an ultra-low speed (maybe 50m in 20 minutes) and takes a photo every x seconds so that you can generate a timelapse video.
  • Re-fly with camera control: I fly the way first, then the Mavic re-flies the flight and I take care of the camera control (tilt, yaw, focus).

Other
  • Car charger with 2 USB ports
  • The RC should have a micro USB plug that shows how to plug the cable correctly

2017-2-6
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think they will make it with Slipstream Curves, removing all the Sharp Squareness of the edges.  I look forward to seeing that.
2017-2-6
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think they will make it with Slipstream Curves, removing all the Sharp Squareness of the edges.  I look forward to seeing that.
2017-2-6
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2017-2-6
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry, the LAAAAAGGGG on this server!
2017-2-6
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

20% increase in battery life.
2017-2-6
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

1) choice of colours
2) more aerodynamic
3) independent internal tracking device
4) Crystal Sky built in
5) simplier one step calibration for key systems
2017-2-6
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Manual ATTI.

Better aerodynamics to enable longer flights without a bigger battery.

And do a same-cost version that trades all smart features and the associated weight and heat for a heavier camera and gimbal setup with better support for high frame rates.
2017-2-6
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-10-22 08:50
Any clue what the "RC Cable Slider" is? Seems in the latest "in the box" list they have doubled the number of these..

OLD List-

It's the little bit that clips into the arm of the remote.  The end of the device cable plugs into that and enables it to slide to the best position for the device you're using.  I find it easier to use without it.
2017-2-6
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-10-22 08:45
Good to see them responding to customer feedback so quickly in this regard.

HDMI FOR ALL GOGGLES PLEASE
2017-2-6
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.2
United States

2000vadasz2 Posted at 2016-10-21 17:35
ok so some things 40 min flight time 360 obstical avoidance can go 60 mph (for racing) be able to hold an iPad, be able to hook up a iPad, and stealth props so it is quite.

i routinely pass 60mph in sport mode
2017-2-6
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

KameronaTm Posted at 2017-2-6 13:10
i routinely pass 60mph in sport mode

I think what you are seeing is the software bug where it is reporting in km/h... There is no way the Mavic can go 60, regardless of wind conditions. The software is not reporting accurately.
2017-2-6
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I can't believe all of the stuff you guys are asking for in a hobby drone.  Each of you should stop and think for a minute what it would take to add each item you ask for.  What hardware, what cost, what sacrifice of something else might be needed to include your want, how many would actually use the requested feature, etc.  Someone wants more battery.  Gee, the whole world wants more battery.  You have to wait for technology to build a better battery.  Some want more speed.  Umm...why?  This isn't a racing drone and wasn't designed to be one.  Speed comes with stripping down the system and making it barebones, making it lean and mean.  Yet you want more things included on top of that.  Some want to make it smaller.  Really?  The smaller it is, the more it is going to be blown around in a breeze.  Think what it will be like in (for instance) my area, where you're lucky to find a day with it blowing under 15 mph.  Today, gusts are hitting 35.  Nothing unusual for this country.  Oh, let's put a set of high resolution sensors on it too for object avoidance.  More hardware, more weight, more software, more processing power, more battery load.  Oops, how do we do that and make it fly longer.  Hmm...  it could go on and one.  Think about what is practical in a package such as the Mavic, which you can buy for under $1K and how to include it with existing technology.  You can bet DJI (and others) are working around the clock to figure out how to add functionality to your toy and make a profit on it.  Technology is changing every day.  If you want more features, buy what is out there now and sit back and watch.  It's all coming.  You just have to wait for it.
2017-2-6
Use props
Chris Jude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 853 ft
United States

Travelling Dron Posted at 2016-10-21 16:33
I heard a huge thing people want is "water proofing"  imagine a drone that turned into a submarine-drone lol

I wouldn't mind seeing even just the controller water-proofed.
2017-2-6
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-2-6 13:40
I can't believe all of the stuff you guys are asking for in a hobby drone.  Each of you should stop and think for a minute what it would take to add each item you ask for.  What hardware, what cost, what sacrifice of something else might be needed to include your want, how many would actually use the requested feature, etc.  Someone wants more battery.  Gee, the whole world wants more battery.  You have to wait for technology to build a better battery.  Some want more speed.  Umm...why?  This isn't a racing drone and wasn't designed to be one.  Speed comes with stripping down the system and making it barebones, making it lean and mean.  Yet you want more things included on top of that.  Some want to make it smaller.  Really?  The smaller it is, the more it is going to be blown around in a breeze.  Think what it will be like in (for instance) my area, where you're lucky to find a day with it blowing under 15 mph.  Today, gusts are hitting 35.  Nothing unusual for this country.  Oh, let's put a set of high resolution sensors on it too for object avoidance.  More hardware, more weight, more software, more processing power, more battery load.  Oops, how do we do that and make it fly longer.  Hmm...  it could go on and one.  Think about what is practical in a package such as the Mavic, which you can buy for under $1K and how to include it with existing technology.  You can bet DJI (and others) are working around the clock to figure out how to add functionality to your toy and make a profit on it.  Technology is changing every day.  If you want more features, buy what is out there now and sit back and watch.  It's all coming.  You just have to wait for it.

As I stated I'd actually be willing to give up existing features in the next version and trade for a better camera.

I think everyone wants more 'run time' and that's often translated as 'battery' but there are probably multiple ways to achieve that, including less onboard processing for all of those smart features or better aerodynamics.

It's fun watching the ideas pour in... it gives a good sense of where each user is coming from, and we're clearly not all coming from the same place  

I think the bottom line is everyone loves the platform (compact, discrete, quiet, clever ergonomics) but some want more features / power / speed whereas others may want a version that focuses more on photo/video quality.  The Phantom platfrom has many flavors that accommodate different wants and needs, though generally with a sliding scale in price.  While DJI has already shown with the current model that it can give a lot of what everyone wants in a single package, two versions of the Mavic platform might be pretty cool.

2017-2-6
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

some of you want too much that is not realistic or necessary so here's a realistic wishlist:

physical atti button is a must

better camera and better gimble the way it is now is just way too flimsy compared to a phantom where its an actual stablizer rather than just hanging from rubber bands

4k/60

360 degree sensors

taller landing legs

improved battery is always in new releases so we know the next one will have better battery

the gimble horizon should be calibrated along with the IMU cal so it knows what the horizon is
on the software side of the app definitely needs better compatibly fixes

not necessary:

its already a small drone theres no need for it to be any smaller imo

speed on the mavic is fine its not a racing drone or the inspire. if they improve aerodynamics like some of you asked then that solves your speed issue. if you want speed get an inspire. but its already quick as it is now

range is fine on the mavic there is no reason (and from a legal sense) to need to be able to go more than 4 miles than it can now. if you want further use aftermarket radios then

you probably will never see water proofing its too much water damage liability for the company

thats all i can think at the moment
2017-2-7
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52999 ft
Singapore

with all these wishlist, did anyone wonder if the Mavic 2nd Gen will cost 2K USD or more? -_-
2017-2-7
Use props
fans0cb8dfde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209708 ft
Australia

top of my list
2017-2-7
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

trance728 Posted at 2016-10-21 16:33
With sensors all around I'd like to see a follow mode where the drone stays in front of you facing you and going backwards.

This You can already do in basic tracking mode ........... Tried it, works fine as long as You don´t change direction of moving (it´s just working for  linear movements)
2017-2-8
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

W.Bonato Posted at 2016-10-21 19:43
Camera vetical rotation from -90° to 90°, without seeing propellers.
More time fly battery.
Camera sensor improvement.

For more flight time we will have to wait for a general breakthrough in battery technology which by far is not in sight. Batts are a  problem that DJI cannot solve ......................
2017-2-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules