P3P lost connection 1km out and didn't reconnect till right over me.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

My p3p lost connection 1km away and unlike other times it took 30secs to initiate RTH even tho my remote showed a red light and screen showed disconnected, the PHANTOM didn't reconnect till it was on its landing process, so it flew 1 km back to reconnect while it usually takes 100 meters from where I lost connection.

I really started panicking as it always immediately RTH and reconnected fast. I really thought I lost her due to the sudden drop in signal and it not reconnecting for what seemed like an eternity. I knew it wasn't still connected to the remote because of the red light indicating it was disconnected, I decided to press the RTH button just in case.

Here is the flight log from healthy drones, for some reason it doesn't show the return flight when it was on RTH and on the DJI Log it jumps from 1km distance to hovering right over me when it lost connection, I'm just worried something is wrong...

So what would cause my phantom to hover (no it's not on hover mode when signal is lost) for 20-30secs when both the tablet and remote clearly show the HD signal and remote are disconnected and didn't reconnect till it was lowering on rth decent, I was lucky it reconnected at the last minute as it was defending into trees.

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=hYgckS

@DJI it won't let me synchronize my Flight logs in the dji app, it just fails. I am using an older version of the app because I don't want to update my P3p firmware which is on 1.5/1.6 (forget).
2016-10-21
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I have a few points that come to mind. First the 30 second delay in the RTH starting. I've read about this many times on other threads and the theory is the disconnect might be borderline even though your RC might show it's disconnect, so there's a delay. Pushing the RTH button couldn't hurt, I do it myself any time I'm in doubt about the RTH starting. Next the delay in the reconnecting being the same as before. My personal experience is it's never going to be the same every time, and it's normal for it not to be always consistent. But I would add this could have something to do with using a old version of the GO app. Not updating your Go app. is not a smart thing in my view, a newer version of the app will have added features and benefits, like reconnection maybe. If you don't want to update your FM, why can't you still update the app. Personally I keep everything up to date, FW and app both.
2016-10-21
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Just a few observations from looking at your flight logs.  Comparing the Notifications map and Signal map side-by-side is interesting.  I've highlighted in green boxes what was happening while you were still within 3 feet of home -- you ascended to 479.0 feet and you were already getting a significant number of signal errors.  Then, in 90 seconds (from flight time 02m 00s to 03m 30s) you managed to get 3,711 feet away from home getting even more signal errors along the way.  Considering you were flying at a top speed of 38.68 mph, I'm not surprised it kept going for a while before the RTH kicked in.

You're also flying with the app version 2.8.2 (from back in July) Current version is 2.9.1

mrGREEK360.jpg
2016-10-21
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

gil Posted at 2016-10-22 00:36
Just a few observations from looking at your flight logs.  Comparing the Notifications map and Signa ...

Thanks for the response. As for the signal being poor near the home, I think it's due to it be directly above me with antennas not pointing flat, I tend to get bad signal if the antennas aren't flat and it's hovering above me.

I did have trees in front of me hindering line of sight which could of effected reconnect and errors. The area was in the middle of nowhere in Muskoka Ontario Canada, interference shouldn't be an issue, so I assume it Was the trees.

As for being on an older dji go version, my moto is if it ain't broke don't fix. I did end up updating but after 70 flights with no issue on that version of dji go I doubt it was an issue, updating introduces new variables that could cause more issue. Example - possibility of losing the ability for the channel hack. Issues with my tablet (nvidia shield) an update can break support/introduce more problems.

I have taken off near trees before and it would always reconnect immediately, so this just seemed a bit odd that it took it 1km to reconnect and even then it took from 140m to 120 m on decent to reconnect on rth, just glad it reconnected before descending into trees.

I have updated the dji go app and still can't sync my flights.... any help @DJI? I'd hate to lose all my flight info that I didn't get a chance to upload.
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules