THE landing pad for Mavic Pro !
5140 19 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Baroudeur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 585213 ft
France

Still waiting the Mavic, but tested a nice landing pad to use with it and see if Precise Landing is accurate !
Look at
and tell me what u think.
Don't forget tu use subtitles for english spoken people !
I have to say this is not the use of this small pad, FlatHat created too a 32" for normal drones, this one is conceived for nano drones.

2016-10-22
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Germany

Oh wow, a reflector with a custom design. Nice idea - not impressed. (you asked...)
2016-10-22
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Product with poor design. You have to bring a hammer with you and find a soft ground to nailed it like a tent. Otherwise it only for you to take off.
2016-10-22
Use props
Baroudeur
lvl.2
France

Hehe,
Yes a sort of reflector, but well manufactured, and easily transportable. The short legged Mavic really need some protection for take off and landing.
2016-10-22
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Germany

But I can use the reflector I own already for that ;-)
2016-10-22
Use props
Baroudeur
lvl.2
France

The problem with a reflector is what it is used for : to reflect  light and wifi signals. Some problems can occurs so.
In nature the hammer is a single rock )
And i will not make a take off from the ground (camera and sensors too close)
2016-10-22
Use props
nicoleto
lvl.2

Colombia

I think it's a nice accessory for my Mavic. I would certainly use it. For those who already have a reflector or believe it is a good idea to use one as a landing pad, go ahead and use it. For me, this is a very convenient solution  that also helps improving the precision landing function.

Very well thought and congrats.
2016-10-22
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

Nice! But I don't know if it's necessary .
2016-10-22
Use props
Baroudeur
lvl.2
France

Nothing is necessary, even Mavic )
I use it for 2 reasons :
1 - Mavic is so close from ground, a pad can protect camera and bottom sensors on takeoff.
2 - It will be clearly spotted by Precise Landing system (wich use down photos)

Any system preventing damages or dust on sensors is ok, this one has a tiny size and can be transported easily.
But again, it is just my advice, Mavic is quite expensive, i prefer some prevention with it.
2016-10-22
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

Baroudeur Posted at 2016-10-23 07:16
Nothing is necessary, even Mavic )
I use it for 2 reasons :
1 - Mavic is so close from ground, a pad ...

I agree it is nice to have something that protects the camera and props during takeoff and landing, just not sure this is it. In the video you do not show the Phantom landing?
2016-10-22
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I picked up a 2'x2', gray, carpet tile from Menards today for $2.99, and it dies not require anchors to hold it in place. Add some yellow spraypaint and a circle and H stencil if you need to make it fancy.

But paring $30 to $40 for a pvc or nylon circle that a light breeze would blow away? Not a chance!
2016-10-22
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft

I like it, but it needs 3 thin metal rods permanently attached to the outside of the ring, like camping spikes but shorter. Push them in the ground and they won't get lost.

It's not a bad idea. I like how it folds up.
2016-10-22
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Germany

Baroudeur Posted at 2016-10-22 22:31
The problem with a reflector is what it is used for : to reflect  light and wifi signals. Some probl ...

The black one doesn't really reflect
2016-10-22
Use props
Baroudeur
lvl.2
France

I agree FlatHat is not a cheap solution, but i like it. There is no metallic part even with holders i use in video.
The black reflector don't reflect but not sure it can be detected precisely for a precise landing
And for 40challenger, my P3 was not very stable when i took video, and i landed but it took me too much time so i cutted the boring video )
2016-10-22
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-22 18:57
I picked up a 2'x2', gray, carpet tile from Menards today for $2.99, and it dies not require anchors ...

Buying a piece of carpet or rubber mat is a good solution if you are not traveling.  To me, the lure of the Flathat is the ability to fold it up into a small bag and throw it in your bag with your Mavic without adding much weight.
2016-10-24
Use props
bmallory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50466 ft
France

Honestly I was just planning to stomp the grass with my foot and put whatever piece of cloth I have on me in order to make a landing pad... What is the purpose of this and in what way is it superior (actual question, maybe I missed something) ?
2016-10-24
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

bmallory@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-24 13:53
Honestly I was just planning to stomp the grass with my foot and put whatever piece of cloth I have  ...

I was thinking that it will give the Mavic a clearer picture of the landing site for its RTH skills better than something less non-descript of a landscape.
2016-10-24
Use props
Baroudeur
lvl.2
France

Exactly, i believe Precise Landing cand be effective with these colors, and too its so small to transport. FlatHat Labs created in fact a 32" model more suitable with drone like Mavic size, and it include the extra bag 3 ground stakes. It is just my idea to test it with the small one, and see if it works.
2016-10-25
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Baroudeur Posted at 2016-10-25 15:07
Exactly, i believe Precise Landing cand be effective with these colors, and too its so small to tran ...

I commented before that a rubber mat could be used. I went to Menards on Saturday and got a 2x2 carpet tile for $2.99, and used some old spray paint to mark it. It's rigid, and heavy enough that it will not just blow away like the one in the video. I painted it to a) look cool, and b) so that it has high contrast, distinctive markings for the accurate landing feature. Though it's just a hunk of carpet, it's not a bad solution for $3. I will have to see how it works when (or if) my Mavic arrives.

$3 landing pad

$3 landing pad
2016-10-25
Use props
MrrGrrGrr
lvl.1

i have one, use it for mini quads, makes take off smoother in grass and dirt - less stuff flying around. wind doesnt pick it up. might work well with the mavics optical sensors since the design will help with orientation.

i use my bare hands to press the stakes into dirt, you guys are whiners.
2016-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules