Osmo Mobile and iPhone 7 Plus - no shake. I think I got it.
6087 9 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zoti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101526 ft
United States

So in my attempts to use the Osmo mobile with my new iPhone 7 plus I have discovered the ProCam app. An amazing app in itself for photography and videography.

I think I have finally found an app that actually works great with the Osmo mobile. Check the video comparison below

DJI Go up developers, take note. There's a way to fix it.

Osmo Mobile with iPhone 7 plus and ProCam app in 1080p 60fps.

And in 720p 30fps from the DJI GO app

2016-10-22
Use props
presidentjade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 942231 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes, there is an official app that supports the Osmo Mobile and it's called Filmic Pro. They actually have Osmo Mobile as a feature in their settings whereas Pro Cam probably doesnt.
2016-10-22
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

presidentjade Posted at 2016-10-22 14:05
Yes, there is an official app that supports the Osmo Mobile and it's called Filmic Pro. They actuall ...

Where's that setting in filmic pro? I can't find it.
2016-10-22
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

What's better? FilmicPro or ProCam. I already have ProCam so i want to see if Filmic App is worth the $9.99
2016-10-22
Use props
eliotfitzroy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492 ft
Australia

Procam is a definite improvement over the Go App, but still noticeable pulsing in the image which is distracting.
2016-10-22
Use props
presidentjade
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

zoti Posted at 2016-10-22 15:12
Where's that setting in filmic pro? I can't find it.

It is in the Filmic Pro Settings>Hardware>DJI Osmo (toggle on)
2016-10-22
Use props
presidentjade
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

jamesw Posted at 2016-10-22 15:19
What's better? FilmicPro or ProCam. I already have ProCam so i want to see if Filmic App is worth th ...

Filmic Pro is definitely worth the $9.99 and most likely much better than ProCam. Filmic Pro has won best video app several times. It was used to film Tangerine, which made it to the Sundance Film Fest.

"FiLMiC Pro is the 2x Video Camera App of the Year that beat the $5000 Sony FS100 and tied the $13,000 Canon C300 in blind audience testing at the Zacuto: Revenge of the Great Camera Shoot Out."

Not sure that ProCam has any such credit or awards to its name, although Im sure ProCam does a better job than the GO app...
2016-10-22
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

presidentjade Posted at 2016-10-22 20:11
It is in the Filmic Pro Settings>Hardware>DJI Osmo (toggle on)

Is this on iOS or android?

I don't have it in the settings inside filmic pro
OK. Nevermind. I just noticed you can scroll in that settings menu.

2016-10-22
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

I have past the last week making tests regarding the wobble of iPhone´s OIS.

Tried everything, from different ways of walking/jogging, to software like Filmic, ProCam, the Stock camera APP and DJI Go

What I found is:

1 – The best App to use is the Stock Camera App. Had no success using all others: Disabling OIS by software turns things even worse by losing the coils inside iPhone´s camera. It wobble more that way

2 – You can decrease the problem by walking in very short and fast steps. A mix of “ninja walking” and jogging, also using the gimbal in “flashlight” position.

3 – You can not solve the problem (I could not find a solution). Even fast-walking, for me, the image is compromised. Usable, but compromised.

I understand that it´s not and Apple nor DJI problem/issue. It´s just an unfortunate “lack of lucky” when these 2 products are working together.

I just gave up using my iPhone 7 + with Osmo Mobile for walking/run shots. For that, I just revived and old iPhone 5s. It is WAY better (with no OIS)

Unfortunately, for those with no option to use another phone, I think you have an unsolvable problem. :-(
2017-8-11
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

In further testing I found out that slow shutter speeds (1/30 -> 1/120) somehow decrease the (bad) effects of bobbling OIS.

Still testing….

2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules