Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Horizontal band at bottom of video playback
649 8 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crackthesky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123402 ft
United States

Hello folks. My first post. Got my new Phantom 4 up and running with no problem. Took my time and updated firmware on everything & calibrated everything. Very successful first 3 flights. Taking it nice & easy.
Question. Stills are coming out flawless. Live video to my Ipad Mini 4 coming in flawless. Video I am shooting comes to the Ipad flawless but, when I take the memory card out and playback on my Windows 10 desktop computer the image is beautiful except there is a pulsing horizantial band at the bottom of my desktop monitor that goes completely across the bottom 1/5 of the screen. In other words, the video is playing perfectly exposed and sharp, then the bottom 1/5 of the video darkens across the entire screen left to right. Lasts for a couple of seconds then lightens again, (matching the rest of the playing image), lasts a few seconds and it happens again. Over and over. Pulsing dark to light to dark band.
This cannot be propeller shadowing as I have read in other threads. Too perfectly geometric. Happens in any light, pointing in any direction. Does not appear on the Ipad live, only in playback on the desktop.
Any ideas? Thanks for any help to a new guy.
2016-10-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

What computer are you using and what video player?
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

In addition, have you tried another PC and player? would you please upload the original video directly from SD card to dropbox? We'll help you check it.
2016-10-22
Use props
crackthesky
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-22 19:51
What computer are you using and what video player?

Thanks for the response, Geebax. Using pretty powerful Dell desktop with nice monitors, (I'll dig into the System & post the specs later this morning). Using Windows 10 included video player. Foolishly, I dumped the memory card to free up for today's flying. I will fly again today and see if it re-occurs. If it does I will post the video here for your viewing pleasure.
Thanks so much for your time & concern.
I have a feeling this is a "playback" glitch since I do not see it in live video feed or still images.
But, I know about nothing, so.........  
2016-10-23
Use props
crackthesky
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-22 20:45
In addition, have you tried another PC and player? would you please upload the original video direct ...

Thank you very much for your interest & concern. Foolishly, I dumped the memory card to free up for today's flying. I will fly again today and see if it re-occurs. If it does I will post the video here for your viewing pleasure. If it does re-occur I will try another PC and player also.
I have a feeling this is a "playback" glitch since I do not see it in live video feed or still images.
But, I know about nothing, so.........
2016-10-23
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Move your curser from the bottom of the screen and don't move it. If you move the curser to the bottom the screen will darken again for a few seconds'
2016-10-23
Use props
crackthesky
lvl.3
United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-10-23 07:48
Move your curser from the bottom of the screen and don't move it. If you move the curser to the bott ...

You sir hit the nail on the head! I just got in from re-shooting video to test my "problem" on playback. Discovered exactly what you just mentioned!
I'll keep my hands in my pockets from now on.....
Thanks for your time & insight
BJ
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

crackthesky Posted at 2016-10-24 00:29
You sir hit the nail on the head! I just got in from re-shooting video to test my "problem" on pla ...

Great to hear you got it all sorted. Happy flying!
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks mjlstudios.
Glad to hear it's fine now, enjoy your flight! crackthesky.
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules