13257 218 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

Australia

Spontman Posted at 2016-11-15 12:09
Welcome oh dot of blue...

Really? That's encouraging. When did you order?
2016-11-14
Use props
Spontman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81873 ft
Australia

29/10 10:51utc
2016-11-14
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Jeromeo Posted at 2016-11-15 13:28
And this email just right now.

mate need you to make that bigger, cant see the writing or zoom in... :-(
2016-11-14
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

cluc Posted at 2016-11-15 13:35
mate need you to make that bigger, cant see the writing or zoom in... :-(

I know this forum is terrible  for inserting pictures here is a copy of email.Just deleted post.                                               

DJI Mavic Pro Shipment Update

Dear valued Rise Above customer,

We are pleased to advise that DJI have begun sending small shipments of Mavic Pros. While only a small quantity of three units are being dispatched from our warehouse this week, we spoke with our key contact at DJI yesterday, and were advised more units are expected to ship this week and next. Rest assured, as soon as they reach us, we will commence forwarding them to our customers that have pre-ordered them.

We continue to touch base regularly with DJI, pushing them for as much information as possible, so we can keep you updated.

We understand that these delays are frustrating. The sad fact is that it is near impossible to receive a reliable answer from DJI in regards to shipment and delivery dates. For every new model release, Rise Above have been the first DJI distributor in Australia to get their hands on stock, however unfortunately this time DJI has failed to deliver as promised. Although these delays are out of Rise Above's control, as a gesture of goodwill, we will be providing a free Cheerson mini-drone with every Rise Above pre-order of the Mavic, in addition to the $100 store credit.

The team at Rise Above would like to thank you for your patience, and please feel free to contact us at anytime for an update. We will continue providing regular updates to our customers as we receive them from DJI.

Regards,

Rise Above Team

2016-11-14
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Jeromeo Posted at 2016-11-15 13:45
I know this forum is terrible  for inserting pictures here is a copy of email.Just deleted post.    ...

Thanks dude, well at least you get a free mini drone and credit (enough to buy you spare props...)
- Either way that's some positive news, at least you know rise above is getting some mavics... 3 of them.

Cheersons are fun to fly with!

Actually you should save your store credit for after market lens or an additional charger... given the DJI charging dock only charges one battery at a time...
2016-11-14
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Australia

cluc Posted at 2016-11-15 13:57
Thanks dude, well at least you get a free mini drone and credit (enough to buy you spare props...) ...

Only 3? How do you know? I will have spare props as I ordered combo. Plus I can use car charger at home to charge 2 batteries at once. My son will love the cheerson.
2016-11-14
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Jeromeo Posted at 2016-11-15 14:03
Only 3? How do you know? I will have spare props as I ordered combo. Plus I can use car charger at ...

From your post: "While only a small quantity of three units are being dispatched from our warehouse this week,"

or did I read wrong?
2016-11-14
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Australia

cluc Posted at 2016-11-15 14:04
From your post: "While only a small quantity of three units are being dispatched from our warehous ...

That right I didn't see it.
2016-11-14
Use props
JH3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 688894 ft
Australia

Mine (mavic + car charger) shipped today. Noticed the shipped blue dot about lunchtime, DHL email about 4pm, DJI shipping details about 5pm    ordered from dji 29th sept 1pm.  Should have it by this weekend!

2016-11-15
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.2

Australia

I ordered on 14th October off an ebay store and received my fly more pack last thursday.

I took my Mavic to Bali on the weekend and had 3 flawless flight.

Very impressed!
2016-11-15
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Homerlovesbeer Posted at 2016-11-15 20:58
I ordered on 14th October off an ebay store and received my fly more pack last thursday.

I took my  ...

damn! lucky
2016-11-15
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

"We are pleased to advise that DJI have begun sending small shipments of Mavic Pros. While only a small quantity of three units are being dispatched from our warehouse this week, we spoke with our key contact at DJI yesterday, and were advised more units are expected to ship this week and next. Rest assured, as soon as they reach us, we will commence forwarding them to our customers that have pre-ordered them.

We continue to touch base regularly with DJI, pushing them for as much information as possible, so we can keep you updated.

We understand that these delays are frustrating. The sad fact is that it is near impossible to receive a reliable answer from DJI in regards to shipment and delivery dates. However unfortunately this time DJI has failed to deliver as promised. Although these delays are out of our control, as a gesture of goodwill, we will be providing a free Cheerson mini-drone with every pre-order of the Mavic, in addition to the $100 store credit. "
2016-11-15
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

stratosHD Posted at 2016-11-16 11:07
"We are pleased to advise that DJI have begun sending small shipments of Mavic Pros. While only a s ...

thats the same as Jeromeo's post, just doesn't say Rise Above.
2016-11-15
Use props
SidNi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19078 ft
Australia

Homerlovesbeer Posted at 2016-11-15 20:58

I took my  ...
Superb mate.
Which ebay seller ?
2016-11-15
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.2

Australia

UAV_Depot was where I bought mine from.
2016-11-16
Use props
Dbirdseyeview
lvl.1

Australia

Hang in there guys, they are ramping up orders to Aust! Got mine delivered (Pro only) yesterday - A Day early. Ordered through DJI on 29/9 about 07.45 UTC. Just upgraded the firmware, can't wait to get this bird in the air!
2016-11-17
Use props
fansb6f989bd
lvl.2

Australia

Dbirdseyeview Posted at 2016-11-18 05:57
Hang in there guys, they are ramping up orders to Aust! Got mine delivered (Pro only) yesterday - A  ...

good on you mate.

still waiting mine. hopefully i can get it before Christmas period. {:4_157:}

Ordered on 2016-10-08 08:35:41 (UTC)
2016-11-17
Use props
Spontman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81873 ft
Australia

Mine is still in transit, hilarious it takes longer to get from Sydney to me in NSW than it did to get to sydney from China.....not that I'm whinging....im glad its on its way!!!
2016-11-17
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I ordered through a retailer thinking they would get stock quicker being a DJI agent than if I ordered it direct with DJI.
Not the case as the date keeps going backwards, started at end of October as supply date and now it is mid December.
2016-11-17
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

Nz combo pack through a retailer on 28/9  8:30 UTC time...has shipped with delivery day Monday :-)
2016-11-18
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

You won't want to hear this, but I ordered my Fly Longer Combo on 4 Oct from my local store (Walch Optics) in Hobart. It arrived last Tues (15 Nov) as part of a shipment of 15, brought in by distributor C.R. Kennedy. Feeling pretty lucky to have scored one!

Took about an hour to sort updates etc and flew the next day. Absolutely flawless for every flight since. Stills are awesome (I'm a pro photographer and got it to supplement shots in my articles) and video is great.

Had a few goes around my house but too many BIG trees to feel comfortable about flying too far away (never used a drone before). Went to a friend's farm for main test. Wasn't using any of the tracking modes, I found in the end it was easier to just fly it manually. Still need to fine tune my tilting technique though.

Shot at 2.7k 25p and edited and output at 1080p.  Using Art mode with -2, -3, -3 and graded in Resolve... very quickly! Need to work on a good LUT for it.

Zipped Raw shot here  DJI_0017.dng
2016-11-21
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Australia

Any news from resellers here? Anybody got shipping update or ETA? Doesn't seams to move really fast for us.
2016-11-21
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

Australia

I managed to touch and watch a demo flight of a real life mavic in Melbourne on Sunday. It was at Michaels in the CBD. They said that was the only one they have received and weren't expecting any stock until late December.

Sphere are expecting to receive stock this month. Rise above said they have sent out a few units and expect more stock soon, but couldn't give any dates.

As for me, I ordered DJI direct, Oct 3, still pending...
2016-11-21
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

How does DJI retail distribution work in Australia?

Do they manage it themselves (like Nikon, Canon, Apple etc do) or do they rely on someone like CRK to handle local distribution (and service)?
2016-11-22
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

sanuk Posted at 2016-11-22 16:23
How does DJI retail distribution work in Australia?

Do they manage it themselves (like Nikon, Canon ...

CR Kennedy are the distributor. Got mine from Cameras Direct last week. They seem to have stock filtering in and they still had pre orders available from their first order.
2016-11-22
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Crapola!

Been told by my reseller their first shipment should arrive on 1st Dec (Next week)... however depending how many units they receive, I have a high chance I won't be part of that first shipment.
2016-11-22
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

DaveAus Posted at 2016-11-23 04:32
CR Kennedy are the distributor. Got mine from Cameras Direct last week. They seem to have stock fi ...

The official DJI distributor for Australia is EEHobbies.
2016-11-22
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Australia

Call all Qld resellers today. Nothing before mid to end December... getting worse and worse.
2016-11-22
Use props
Alex Yo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176818 ft
Australia

I haven't seen much for Australia on the following lists but it might be worth adding the details in here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... /edit#gid=308760043

and here

http://www.dronehome.io/dji_trac ... amp;sort_order=desc
2016-11-22
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Alex Yo Posted at 2016-11-23 10:14
I haven't seen much for Australia on the following lists but it might be worth adding the details in ...

there's about 105 entries on the google docs... what is your "much" number? 10000000?
2016-11-22
Use props
Lost Mavic
lvl.2

Australia

cluc Posted at 2016-11-23 13:39
there's about 105 entries on the google docs... what is your "much" number? 10000000?

He's referring to orders that have been shipped. So far we know of only 8 shipped to Australia from 105 orders, so yeh, "not much".
2016-11-22
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Lost Mavic Posted at 2016-11-23 11:05
He's referring to orders that have been shipped. So far we know of only 8 shipped to Australia fro ...

Ah... makes sense
2016-11-22
Use props
fans628b7609
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234948 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well i have my Fly more combo shipping today from AU reseller, ordered on the 3rd October. Super excited.
2016-11-23
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Australia

fans628b7609 Posted at 2016-11-24 14:53
Well i have my Fly more combo shipping today from AU reseller, ordered on the 3rd October. Super exc ...

Yeah cool.... congratulations.
Where did you order from?
2016-11-23
Use props
fans628b7609
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234948 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Integral Promotions.
2016-11-24
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Australia

So slow....

DJI Mavic Pro Shipment Update

Dear valued Rise Above customer,

We have promised to keep you updated on the status of DJI Mavic Pro shipments that are coming in to Rise Above. This week, DJI have shipped us another batch of 6 Mavic Pros. As soon as they reach us, we will commence forwarding them to our customers that have pre-ordered them.

We are continuously in contact with DJI on a daily basis, asking them for as much information as possible on the next shipments, so we can keep you updated. We understand DJI is under a lot of pressure to get the Mavic out to dealers as soon as possible. Rest assured, they are doing everything they can to help us out. We expect DJI to increase production and shipment quantities in December, so that preorders will begin to be filled at a faster rate.

As mentioned in our last email, we will be providing a free Cheerson mini-drone with every Rise Above pre-order of the Mavic to compensate for the delays.

The team at Rise Above would like to thank you for your continued patience, and please feel free to contact us at anytime for an update. We will continue providing regular updates to our customers as we receive them from DJI. 

Regards, 

Rise Above Team

2016-11-24
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Jeromeo Posted at 2016-11-25 09:30
So slow....

Mate, for some reason I thought you already got yours. :-(

I was told by my reseller they will receive their first batch next week... and depending how many they get, I might be at the back of the line somewhere...
2016-11-24
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Australia

cluc Posted at 2016-11-25 13:12
Mate, for some reason I thought you already got yours. :-(

I was told by my reseller they will re ...

No I didn't I'm 194th on line so at this speed I should have it for Xmas next year... hope you get yours sooner.
2016-11-24
Use props
SuccessCoach
New

Australia

I just received mine today - yay -very excited. Like most of you, I ordered a few months ago - I ordered through UAV Wholesale - who thankfully didn't get back to me about my original Phantom 4 order for a few weeks and allowed me to swap over to the Mavic instead. I was given regular updates throughout the process - mostly, "we have a few coming through but not sure when customs will release them" - but then I got mine today, just in time for a trip to the Gold Coast with the family next week, so I'm very happy. Hope you all get yours soon, you'll love it!
2016-11-25
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

LoL just looked up JB HiFi, the Mavic Pro is no longer there on their listing...
2016-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules