Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Corrupt .MP4 File, Can't Convert
7307 18 2015-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2001guns
lvl.2

United States

This past weekend I flew my Inspire around a small lake out in the woods. The day was great for video and there was an abundance of wildlife in the area which I was able to record. I ran a few minutes of video (.MP4) and then switched to stills (.JPEG) and shot a few images bracketed for three exposures. I then switched back to video and recorded a file 3.7 GB in size. There were earlier flights recorded on that micro sd which is a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB.

When I got home I used a high speed Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-ll reader/writer and downloaded the card into my pc to view the files. All the video files were there including the stills and I was able to convert all the videos to .MPEG-4 so I could view them EXCEPT ONE, the video file that I recorded after the stills, would not convert to .MPEG-4 or any other format. The message that pops up says "the following errors occurred while opening files: rec DJI-0015.MP4-file format error" I have WinX DH Video Converter and AVS Video Apps and neither will convert this file.

I bought EaseUS Data Recovery software and it says that it recovers the file but that recovery still won't convert to something I can view.

Maybe some of you know a trick to this. I plan to fly this afternoon and run the camera more, alternating from stills to video to see if this happens again. This could be bad since I have no way of knowing if the videos I'm shooting are going to be any good when I get them to my PC. There is some good stuff in this file and I'm going to be very discouraged if I can't get into it. I have been shooting video for years and I have never had this happen.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2015-2-3
Use props
pandppurchase.g
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Similar problem occured with MOV files, I found a workaround was to play footage (just start it off) through the preview facility of the remote whilst connected up to the Inspire. Shut everything down, took out the SD card and then transferred into the computer, all files worked just fine, good luck and hopefully does the trick.
2015-2-3
Use props
2001guns
lvl.2

United States

pandppurchase.g Posted at 2015-2-4 02:49
Similar problem occured with MOV files, I found a workaround was to play footage (just start it off) ...

THANK YOU!!!!

That worked! Downloaded to PC and converted with no problem. I was pulling my hair out. I emailed DJI and they were no help yet.

As I have said in the past, this forum is a wealth of information.
2015-2-3
Use props
pandppurchase.g
lvl.3

United Kingdom

2001guns Posted at 2015-2-4 03:48
THANK YOU!!!!

That worked! Downloaded to PC and converted with no problem. I was pulling my hair  ...

Excellent, I reckon it's a glitch that hopefully new firmware update will solve. I just do this every time with all the files prior to shutting down, maybe worthy of mention to DJI when they eventually respond to your enquiry.
2015-2-3
Use props
alfredjack
New

United States

You can try several video converters. I just know Tenorshare Video Converter, I just heard it from my friend. You can try
2015-2-7
Use props
jaanus
lvl.2
Finland

Similar problem occured with MOV files, I found a workaround was to play footage (just start it off) ...

Just had same issue and your work around worked perfectly on MP4 file

Thanks
2015-2-7
Use props
pandppurchase.g
lvl.3

United Kingdom

jaanus Posted at 2015-2-7 17:30
Just had same issue and your work around worked perfectly on MP4 file

Thanks

Excellent, hopefully DJI are monitoring this post and will rectify within the next firmware update.
2015-2-8
Use props
fawkem911
lvl.1

United Kingdom

if you fail to stop the recording and just switch off the inspire, this tends to happen.
Put the camera back on the inspire, boot it up and start another recording, this usually fixes the problem with the previous file not being playable.
2015-2-8
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

This thread saved me. Thank you.
2015-2-20
Use props
Maurice.windley
New

Australia

worked for me as well
2015-5-3
Use props
vipeness
New

United States

I made a quick video on how to fix these type of corrupted videos that might help others get their videos fixed.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14601
2015-5-9
Use props
PlanetInhouse
lvl.1

United States

pandppurchase.g Posted at 2015-2-4 05:06
Excellent, I reckon it's a glitch that hopefully new firmware update will solve. I just do this ev ...

well I hope you are right in one aspect. I just had this problem happen to me. 1/4 of my .mov files are corrupted. I just did the upgrade yesterday so the firmware did not fix it.

I am going to try what you suggested and see if this works.
2015-5-10
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

This happened to us as well.
We popped the card back in the camera, hit record, and then stopped.
Took it out  and dropped file on Mac, and the corrupted file was fine.
2015-5-10
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Thank you so much this thread saved our project!
I was using Handbrake (freeware) on Windows but recently moved to Mac. Haven't tried Tenorshare VIdeo converter yet. Is it compatible with latest Mac 10.10.3?
2015-6-1
Use props
timmdd
lvl.1

Macao

alfredjack Posted at 2015-2-7 16:46
You can try several video converters. I just know Tenorshare Video Converter, I just heard it from m ...

Thanks! I have use the free video converting tool once last month, it is very helpful for me!
2015-12-17
Use props
fans4b461816
New

Singapore

Once my MP4 video got corrupted because my computer shut down improperly when I am transferring the video from USB to PC. It took a few days for me to repair the corrupt MP4 videos. And like most of you guys, I use the video repair program to fix the broken video.
2017-1-24
Use props
alice123
New

India

Few days back I have also experienced the same….the only difference was that I have recorded video with Mac OS based device. But, when I was looking for the solution, I found several tools but no other tool was better than MP4 File Repair Tool. This tool really helped me to repair corrupted MP4 video file. So, if you still getting any error related to your MP4 file then you can also try this: mp4.filerepairtool.net
2019-1-4
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a feeling the OP turned off the craft and or remote without stopping record, that's why the last file had the issue. That file will not play though it appears in the folder. However if you replace the mSD into the craft and reboot, the day will be saved. Always stop recording before turning craft off. Some Drones do this for you as well as starting record automatically as soon as you get up in the air.
2019-1-7
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.2

India

Well, I assure you that you can convert your MP4 file to another video file format in few easy steps. To do so, you have open the VLC Player > Media > Convert/Save.
After that, click on the Add button and add your MP4 file to convert.  Next, choose the output format > Destination file to provide the file name.
Lastly, click on the Start to convert your MP4 video file to another file format.

For more information: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/fix-damaged-corrupted-mp4-video-files
2020-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules