712 4 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

Hi everyone,

Usually when I take photos with my Phantom I have it set to RAW + JPEG, and it saves a DNG raw file with a "washed out" color profile (as expected) and a auto color corrected JPEG file. This has worked out great for me, as I'm usually able to preview quickly with the JPEG but make the RAW really shine in Lightroom.

However, today I went out for two flights and the JPEGs are coming out very washed out (they look like the RAW images usually do), and the DNG files come out looking like they've already had some correction done on them! I just want RAW files with a flat D-LOG profile, but they have suddenly become saturated while the JPEGS have a D-LOG profile.. it's so strange.

Does anyone know what is happening here?
2016-10-22
Use props
toddyplex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

I recently had a set of 30 or so images shooting raw + DNG and a series of 5 of them looked way yellow. Checking in lightroom the white balance temperature was a crazy figure for some reason. Fortunately being DNG the colour balance can be changed (but not for JPG). Can you check white balance temperature and tint and see if they are out of whack?
2016-10-23
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

toddyplex Posted at 2016-10-23 18:08
I recently had a set of 30 or so images shooting raw + DNG and a series of 5 of them looked way yell ...

Thanks I will check that.

It's weird - my JPEGS look like the DLOG footage exactly, but the DNGs are more saturated.
2016-10-23
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just check that you haven't dialed in overexposure with the right thumbwheel.
Does the camera data line on the screen show EV+2.0 or something like that?
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a DNG and JPEG sample?
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules