Recharge flight battery with DC inverter in your car?
1430 4 2015-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
e.i2ipictures
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know if you can recharge the Intelligent Flight Battery using the standard charger connected to a DC power inverter in your car?  I have an inverter that connects to the lighter plug, and converts that to AC for a regular wall plug.  Any ideas or experiences with this?
2015-2-3
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

I've done it but something seems to overheat or trip about 30 minutes into the charge. So, I unplug everything, wait one minute and plug it all back in to continue. My unit is a 350watt inverter Sadly it still takes 83 minutes or whatever to charge in the car. I need it to charge faster or get more batteries when I can find any.
2015-2-3
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

DJI User Manual says not to. You run the risk of ruining your battery. And batteries are a rare commodity these days!
2015-2-3
Use props
e.i2ipictures
lvl.1

United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-2-4 04:08
DJI User Manual says not to. You run the risk of ruining your battery. And batteries are a rare comm ...

Thanks guys!  I'm afraid to try it.  Guess I'll just have to wait for more batteries to become available.
2015-2-3
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-2-3 16:08
DJI User Manual says not to. You run the risk of ruining your battery. And batteries are a rare comm ...

Where does it mention not using an inverter?  I wonder if you got a bigger wattage inverter and plugged directly to a deep cycle boat battery?
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules