12Next >
83060 49 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686975 ft
United States

DJI can be SOOO frustrating... and the way to Export Videos from your iPhone (6, 6s, 7) on the DJI GO APP when using a OSMO MOBILE is super-frustrating since there is basically no documentation on how this is done.

THE PROCESS THAT WORKS is pretty counter-intuative since it doesn't follow my workflow or even thinking...  this is because you typically (a) Film (b) Export and (c) Edit.  This kind of thinking leads to the method I was using of EDITOR/MANAGE/SAVE/SAVE TO DEVICE/EXPORT (then delete everything).  This leads to poor quality video and takes a LONG time.

The Method:
1. Attach you iPhone to the OSMO MOBILE and fire-up the DJI GO app - DO NOT USE THE EDITOR.
2. Connect as usual.  Choose the large BLUE BUTTON "CAMERA"
3. You should be on the MAIN FILMING DISPLAY
4. There is a small TRIANGLE at the bottom LEFT CORNER.  Tap it.
5. LIBRARY - these are all the videos you've taken.  Pick one.
6. This is the VIDEO PLAYER.  You'll see a BLUE "SHARE" button on the upper right corner.  DO NOT PUNCH IT.
7. Right UNDER the word "SHARE" you'll see a NEARLY INVISIBLE "SAVE" BUTTON.
8. TAP the SAVE BUTTON.  It will copy the file to the iOS PHOTO App.

What is COUNTERINTUATIVE is that you have to be ATTACHED to the OSMO MOBILE for any of this to happen.  Yes, the OSMO without an SD card requires that you are up and running to export your video quickly/easily/full resolution to your iOS PHOTOS app.

None of this makes any sense to me at all.  Hope this helps.
2016-10-22
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
United States

The Method:
1. Attach you iPhone to the OSMO MOBILE and fire-up the DJI GO app - DO NOT USE THE EDITOR.
Screen Shot 2016-10-22 01.png
4. There is a small TRIANGLE at the bottom LEFT CORNER.  Tap it.
Screen Shot 2016-10-22 02.png
5. LIBRARY - these are all the videos you've taken.  Pick one.

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 03.png
6. This is the VIDEO PLAYER.  You'll see a BLUE "SHARE" button on the upper right corner.  DO NOT PUNCH IT.
7. Right UNDER the word "SHARE" you'll see a NEARLY INVISIBLE "SAVE" BUTTON.  (enhanced here because you can't actually see it)

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 04.png
8. TAP the SAVE BUTTON.  It will copy the file to the iOS PHOTO App.

How do you now erase the originals?  I know what DOESN'T WORK... that is, using EDITOR/MANAGE button and deleting the videos... since many of the videos that I've already erased continue to show up in the LIBRARY.

One person has suggested on the FORUM of deleting then re-installed the DJI GO App... that may or may not work... but be sure to GET YOUR VIDEOS off first... or you stand the chance of losing everything.

Hope this helps.
2016-10-22
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24012 ft
Cyprus

TheodoreRex Posted at 2016-10-23 09:49
The Method:
1. Attach you iPhone to the OSMO MOBILE and fire-up the DJI GO app - DO NOT USE THE EDIT ...

Thanks Theo. I will try to do this way and let you know.
2016-10-22
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

TheodoreRex Posted at 2016-10-23 09:49
The Method:
1. Attach you iPhone to the OSMO MOBILE and fire-up the DJI GO app - DO NOT USE THE EDIT ...

I deleted the videos from APP. library. They seem they are gone. Lets see if they will appear when ı reopen the app.
2016-10-22
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

bener Posted at 2016-10-23 10:27
I deleted the videos from APP. library. They seem they are gone. Lets see if they will appear when ...

they are gone. Its fine. Thanks Theo.
2016-10-22
Use props
andy.ch1
lvl.1

Switzerland

Prior to DJI-GO v.3.0.0, the images and videos were automatically available in the iOS photos app. If I remember correctly, you could even select multiple videos/images and store them to the photo app. The current approach to save footage is very time consuming and does not at all reflect the functionality of a mature product.
2016-10-23
Use props
hwaldhauser
New

Germany

I just got my OSMO mobile and did first testing and recording today. Totally agree, it is so time-consuming to save each video individually to the iPhone camera roll / photos app this way. However, I can select and delete an entire day - don't see the problem of deleting right now. I do not even have the editor app, just the Go app.
2016-10-23
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
United States

hwaldhauser Posted at 2016-10-23 09:57
I just got my OSMO mobile and did first testing and recording today. Totally agree, it is so time-co ...

The DJI GO App *is* the Editing App. . . developed as the App to control the Drone (or other DJI equipment). . . it was Multitasked to include a basic Editor, Tutorials, Skypixel, and Account Settings.  

I think what DJI is doing is Noble. . . but it isn't executed well. . . and the Documentation is often lagging or missing altogether.  Were it not for the Forums. . . I wouldn't know how to do half of what I do with my equipment.  When you pick up a trick. . . please post it.

2016-10-23
Use props
hwaldhauser
New

Germany

TheodoreRex Posted at 2016-10-23 19:54
The DJI GO App *is* the Editing App. . . developed as the App to control the Drone (or other DJI e ...

Ah, now I see. The German translation of the editing part is a bit misleading "Verfasser", down in the main menu. I did not use that at all, but saved and deleted the videos within the OSMO menu using the "play" button as you described. There is also the option to mark and delete single or multiple files. The frustrating part is that there is no way to save multiple files at ones (or an option to have all photos and videos also saved to the iPhone library). Let's hope for an update.
2016-10-23
Use props
tim_nl
New

Netherlands

Forget about that, you can just use a phone filebrowser on your mac, like Phoneview (ecamm), and transfer the sourcefiles from your phone to your mac all at once. Works for me and you skip the process of saving stuff to your camera roll and having to use the terrible DJI go app and iTunes. The original sourcfiles are located in "DJI GO\videoCache\"
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, please update to the latest DJI Go app and the deleting issue should be fixed.
2016-10-24
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-24 02:20
Hi, please update to the latest DJI Go app and the deleting issue should be fixed.

Thor,

I am using the latest DJI GO App release. . . and it is not fixed.  If you delete in the Editor it does not delete in the Library.  Exporting in the Editor produces scaled 720P video (QuickTime says it's 4K, but it's really just 720 scaled up to 4K and it's awful). . . and deleting doesn't clear up space.  You HAVE to SAVE it from the LIBRARY area and you HAVE to DELETE it in the LIBRARY Area to free up space. . .  my phone was showing over 30Gigs of unaccountable usage. . .  somehow, it's just not fixed.  

My Recommendation: Save all the video files as shown above in this thread. . . delete via the Library Area method. . . then, after a month or so, delete and reinstall the App (or use iTunes App Data feature). . . 4K video is memory expensive and it burns up my 64G iPhone in no time. . .  

DJI Developer Suggestion: I do appreciate what DJI is doing. . . making ONE App that does everything. . . but things are being missed.  If all else fails. . . DJI should have a SUBMENU called EXPORT. . . in this way, ALL HARDWARE could export in the same manner. . . shot on my Phantom 4. . . or my Osmo. . . or my Osmo Mobile.. admittedly, the Phantom 4 & Osmo have their own Micro SD cards. . . the Osmo Mobile doesn't. . . but I was completely ASTOUNDED to find over 15 Gigs of 720P Phantom 4 flights sitting in a hidden area on my phone. . .  I would love to send detailed software recommendations. . . but don't won't to burn up FORUM space here on that.  Hope to hear from you. . .
2016-10-25
Use props
andy.ch1
lvl.1

Switzerland

This issue persists since end of September, DJI is making no attempt at all to resolve this. Treating users that report the issue like idiots. THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF HOW A RECOGNIZED LABEL LITERALLY CHASES PROMOTER USERS TO THE COMPETITION! If only I could get hold of executive management, would like to know their take on this.
2016-10-29
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
United States

andy.ch1@me.com Posted at 2016-10-29 03:38
This issue persists since end of September, DJI is making no attempt at all to resolve this. Treatin ...

Part of the Deleting Issue is the use of the older/wrong method of getting video out of the DJI GO App when using the Osmo Mobile. . . that is, when you do the EDIT/EXPORT/SAVE etc., it will saw that the RESOLUTION is the same as filmed. . . so if you film in 1080 or 2K or 4K. . . then it exports as 1080, 2K, or 4K.  But in reality, it's actually 720P.  It is scaled UP TO the original resolution. . . so your "4K" video says it's 4K (if you use a Mac the GET INFO panel). . . and you get fooled into thinking it's actually 4K.  When I use the correct METHOD (described above). . . I compare the GET INFO and they have the SAME parameters. . . but the BIT RATE (very low on the Fake 4K) and the FILE SIZE (small for the Fake 4K). . . but the RESOLUTION is the same.  This has caused me to delete the proper 4K video and keep the F4K (Fake 4K). . .  I hope the issue is fixed once they figure out how to MORE EASILY export the Original Video.
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

TheodoreRex Posted at 2016-10-30 14:29
Part of the Deleting Issue is the use of the older/wrong method of getting video out of the DJI GO ...

Hi, can you update your thread? Because there's a more convenient way of saving photos and videos in bulk.

Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer,
Launch iTunes
Select your iPhone under “Devices” on the left. If it’s not there, unplug/replug your iPhone/iPad.
Select Apps from the top menu
Scroll down; under File Sharing, Find DJI Go and select it
Find the two folders "HD300 Storage"  and "Video Cache"

The first stores your photos, the second stores the videos,

And click "Save to" , and transfer these two folders  into your computer.
2016-10-31
Use props
andy.ch1
lvl.1

Switzerland

WOW - v.3.0.2! And yet another DJI-GO update and still no interest from DJI to fix this issue. The proposal of going over iTunes is not an acceptable workaround. Why can't you simply allow the user to either save in bulk to photos, or AirDrop from DJI-GO or like prior to 3.0 allow to record to iOS photos? Guys, this is not rocket science!
2016-11-4
Use props
christian.schmi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3717303 ft
  • >>>
Costa Rica

This is really frustrating... I was expecting the iOS 10 compatibility issues in this new release 3.0.2 would have FIXED the issue, but again we have to keep waiting... it's like DJI does not care about their customers! I tried on-line support, since I thought my equipment was damaged, and they told me I had to send it in for repair... looks like the support guys at DJI don't know what their doing or what's going on!
2016-11-5
Use props
fansdc048b72
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-1 08:29
Hi, can you update your thread? Because there's a more convenient way of saving photos and videos  ...

Why is DJI so reluctant to simply fix this issue?
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansdc048b72 Posted at 2016-11-8 01:09
Why is DJI so reluctant to simply fix this issue?

We're working on it
2016-11-8
Use props
fansdc048b72
lvl.1

Switzerland

Heard that from you +/- one month ago, two releases since then, no fix yet.
2016-11-10
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

It would be great to have the iPhone battery status displayed on the app also.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansdc048b72 Posted at 2016-11-11 04:53
Heard that from you +/- one month ago, two releases since then, no fix yet.

it will be there in a couple of days, for sure
2016-11-11
Use props
fans667a4de3
lvl.3

United States

Will this be a firmware or an app based fix?
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans667a4de3 Posted at 2016-11-15 04:23
Will this be a firmware or an app based fix?

It will be app based ```
2016-11-14
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 629967 ft
Thailand

One point of correction. You do not have to have the Osmo Mobile powered on. You only have to open the app and swipe over to the Osmo mobile page. Then try and connect and it will give you a window that allows you to turn on the camera. I made a short video showing the workflow.
2016-11-29
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
United States

Homesick Nomad Posted at 2016-11-29 05:50
One point of correction. You do not have to have the Osmo Mobile powered on. You only have to open t ...

Thanks for the video update. . . initially you couldn't do anything unless the OSMO was on and linked. . . now, you can access with the device off. . . same with the Phantom 4.  I found an even easier way by using iTunes (LINKHow to import using ITUNES) which is WAY Faster!!  This is the method I use now.
2016-11-30
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 629967 ft
United States

TheodoreRex Posted at 2016-11-30 12:40
Thanks for the video update. . . initially you couldn't do anything unless the OSMO was on and lin ...

The link above was not working but I plugged in my phone to my computer, opened iTunes and went to the apps section. Copied the biggest folder off (hg300 storage) and boom, there were my videos. That is WAY better, but still not great. Thanks for the direction and I will spread the news... maybe do another quicker video update. LOL.
2016-11-30
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
United States

Homesick Nomad Posted at 2016-11-30 18:21
The link above was not working but I plugged in my phone to my computer, opened iTunes and went to  ...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-70622-1-1.html

it's the link that takes you to the iTunes Technique. . .
2016-12-1
Use props
dredlew
New

United States

Homesick Nomad Posted at 2016-11-29 08:50
One point of correction. You do not have to have the Osmo Mobile powered on. You only have to open t ...

Thanks for the video, that was helpful. Although, one point of correction there as well;

You actually CAN save multiple clips to the camera roll at once. No need to do that one-by-one. Instead of clicking on a clip shown in your video at 1m30s, on that overview screen hit the "Select" button in the upper right hand corner. Now you can select multiple clips and save them to the camera roll.

Cheers
2016-12-4
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

dredlew Posted at 2016-12-4 10:21
Thanks for the video, that was helpful. Although, one point of correction there as well;

You actually CAN save multiple clips to the camera roll at once. No need to do that one-by-one. Instead of clicking on a clip shown in your video at 1m30s, on that overview screen hit the "Select" button in the upper right hand corner. Now you can select multiple clips and save them to the camera roll.

Another way for copying files from iPhone to a Harddisc.

For me I found a better way:
iXpand Drive from SanDisk. I've bought the 128 GB Modell.

Easy and quickly you can copy your files from the iPhone to the 128 (32,64) GB Stick (iXpand). And then put the iXpand in the USB-Slot (USB 3.0) in the PC and copy to a Harddisc. It is also possible to copy Videos from the pc to the iXpand and then to the iPhone. It is a way, when you are not at home. And you don't have an mac, or you don't have iTunes on your notebook
When traveling, it is good when you have filmed a lot, you can then in the evening the movies on the notebook copy and delete on the iphone again. I don't Need iTunes.
2016-12-8
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Udo13 Posted at 2016-12-8 17:51
Another way for copying files from iPhone to a Harddisc.

For me I found a better way:

Do they copy over at the true resolution they were shot in?

Ie--4k 60fps for example--

Jack
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

jackiedh Posted at 2016-12-8 23:15
Do they copy over at the true resolution they were shot in?

Ie--4k 60fps for example--

buying extra device for this purpose is probably not necessary, just connect your iPhone to computer via itunes and transfer the video files in DJI Go cache.
2016-12-8
Use props
sparkosmo
New

United States

tim_nl Posted at 2016-10-23 12:57
Forget about that, you can just use a phone filebrowser on your mac, like Phoneview (ecamm), and transfer the sourcefiles from your phone to your mac all at once. Works for me and you skip the process of saving stuff to your camera roll and having to use the terrible DJI go app and iTunes. The original sourcfiles are located in "DJI GO\videoCache\"

To clarify Tim's answer... you can use iTunes connected to your iPhone, for example, to transfer the files directly to your computer.

Launch iTunes, connect and unlock your phone.  Click on your phone icon in iTunes.
Go to Apps (left hand column).
Scroll down to reveal the File Sharing section.
Click on the DJI GO app.  You will see files and folders on the right.
Drag and drop the hg300 storage or the videoCache folders from iTunes onto your Desktop (or wherever).

It appears that the hg300 storage has duplicates of the videoCache videos.  They are both h.264 movies.  The hg300 videos are wrapped in a QuickTime container.  I'm going to assume that on the phone, this is a QuickTime wrapper that "links" to the original MP4 file in the videoCache, so there is no duplicate media on the phone.  Probably needed for compatibility with the phone.  This is pure speculation on my part.  Once you copy them off the phone, they become duplicate files.

You will need to copy the videoCache if you want the original videos, and the hg300 storage for the still photos. deleting the duplicate videos.  That said, the MOVs should be the exact same video as the MP4s... so, it doesn't really matter which one you keep.

The filenames in the videoCache are date and time stamps.  The filenames in the hg300 folder are a random
collection of hexadecimal characters.  I prefer the date and time stamps myself.

What a ridiculous and convoluted process!  It should not be this difficult to access the original media!

2016-12-16
Use props
Netcruzer
lvl.2
Canada

In my experience videoCache was empty,  and the app shows the library as empty, BUT I found MOV files inside the hg300 storage folder.
SCENARIO: iPhone shut off while recording using the OSMO Mobile.  When that happens DJI GO app on the phone says the footage was not saved and it does not show in the library. HOWEVER! I saved the hg300 storage folder and found footage I thought was lost.  Here is a video I made about HOW TO RECOVER YOUR LOST FOOTAGE INSIDE DJI GO IF IPHONE SHUT OFF IN USE.

and here's the follow up video i made about HOW TO DELETE YOUR LOST FOOTAGE INSIDE DJI GO IF IPHONE SHUT OFF IN USE.

2017-1-22
Use props
fans0bfee5b4
New
United States

This App is a pain in the ass.
Please save photos and videos right to the camera roll or whatever Android uses.
2017-1-30
Use props
TarHeel360vr
New
United States

tim_nl Posted at 2016-10-23 12:57

Perfect solution!!!

Fast file transfers and no hassles.

The only thing better would be if the DJI app had built-in FTP or web server wifi upload, as in the iPhone and iPad app Voice Record.

2017-2-1
Use props
fansf25540a5
New
Hong Kong

I am a new OSMO user, I was very excited when I got it home I was impressed with the Apple like packing and quality so I had high expectations. First problem is the very limited Quick Start Guide which tells you straight off that the charger is not included! charging instructions are poor and no indication is given as to what power source should be used so there is a potential to damage the equipment right from the beginning.
I then ordered the charger and spare batteries, I live in Hong Kong and the factory is in Shenzhen less than 20 miles away, it took two weeks even though it was CNY in between this is unacceptable, all communications with the support staff were no help at all in fact I think this company whilst producing good and interesting products has no interest in its customers or supporting them, I am so glad I have found this forum, please don't jump on me if you disagree I am just telling you what happened to me, I hope I will get a lot of pleasure from my OSMO once I develop my skills in using it.

2017-2-7
Use props
HouseofHaute
New

United States

I'm not sure if anyone else has repeated this (or if there's been an update since) as I'm short on time and haven't gotten through most of this thread.
There is a way to export all photos/videos at once from the Library using most of TheodoreRex's advice above. I will copy/paste his instructions and then add the other steps:
Unfortunately as of right now, you still have to go through the device to export without going through the editor.

4. There is a small [rectangle icon with a] TRIANGLE at the bottom LEFT CORNER.  Tap it.

NEW NEXT STEPS:
5. Now you're in the LIBRARY - Choose SELECT in the top right corner.

6. Tap on each video/photo you want to export.

7. Click the long SAVE button in the bottom left half of the screen.

Your videos/photos will begin saving to your camera roll.

I hope this helps. Good Luck and Happy Shooting!
Toni D
House of Haute, Inc
2017-3-12
Use props
jlai
New
United States

If you see what I see on my Android device, I do not see a Save button at all. However, yes, there is a QUICK AND EASY way to save your files to your phone:

1) Download the File Manager app by ZenUI, Asus
2) Open the app and search "DJI"
3) You'll see all your files, click them and move them to the "Camera" folder

Voila! You have moved your files to the camera roll!
2017-3-31
Use props
Sagology
New
United States

Here is an easy way:
2017-4-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules