My Mavic AMAZON order
1706 3 2016-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cocktail5555
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

As soon as preorders went live I was on the official DJI online store clicking the buy now button over and over. As we are all aware, the site was crashed and the buy now buttons and Mavic pages weren't working. Yet, I continued to click that button over and over. Refreshing after refresh. All of a sudden the buy now button worked but instead directed me to the official DJI Amazon store to finalize the purchase.

This lead me to believe that since your site wasn't able to take orders, you needed to quickly come up with a second game plan to take orders. That's when the urls of the buy now buttons were changed to the Amazon store. After a certain period of time, DJI fixed their website and online orders were back to normal.

Because of this, I'm pretty certain my order was one of the first orders to go through. Amazon expected delivery was October 18-26. Then DJI released the statement about the shipping delay and my order was then changed to "Expected by October 26th.

However, I have not yet received my shipping notification. Two of my friends placed their Mavic orders AFTER me but on the official online store. They both received their shipping details and I have not.

Then this morning, Amazon sends me an email explaining that my order will not be delivered. I find it very unfair that I won't be receiving my order even though I placed mine well before others who are already receiving shipping info.

What is going on with the OFFICAL DJI AMAZON STORE orders?

Thank you
2016-10-23
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

Have you used the "help with order" button and then "where's my stuff" and contacted DJI this way?  I ordered via amazon (mavic only) the same as you.  My amazon order still says "preparing shipment" and delivery by Oct 26th, HOWEVER, when I contacted DJI about this they emailed me my tracking number and it is in route w/ delivery on Oct 26th as promised.  The amazon order page still doesn't show tracking.
I "think" the reason for this is it's still at the fedex facility in Shenzhen and is scheduled to depart on Monday (tomorrow) due to missing the cutoff time for the flights on Friday.
2016-10-23
Use props
cocktail5555
lvl.2

United States

That's great news. Thanks for sharing. I did send them the "help with order" message this morning after receiving the dreadful email from Amazon stating I wasn't charged because of the delay. Waiting to hear back. Hopefully, with good news.

Did you have the same experience with getting directed to their Amazon store using the buy now button?
2016-10-23
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

Good luck!

Honestly, no.  I noticed someone posted a link on a forum to the dji official store on amazon while the dji store was crashed and I ordered then.  I think I ordered on amazon before they started doing the redirect.  Not by much though because it was only a few minutes later that dji.com started redirecting to amazon.

Note that it's taken a few hours for them to reply via the message on amazon, but they've been very helpful and I would even say more so than the messages I've seen directly through dji.

I got that email about not being charged too.  I suspect there's a bit of a disconnect between DJI and amazon regarding order updates.
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules