64GB memory cards keep going bad in Zenmuse X5
1006 2 2016-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msg
lvl.1
United States

Wondering if anyone else is having trouble with 64GB micro memory cards in the Zenmuse x5. I've had 4 go bad after just a few uses, two San Disc and two Lexar, all rated C10/UHS-1. They all record properly a few times and then suddenly don't allow reformatting or deletion of any clips. Workflow: After recording the cards are taken from the X5, placed in a card reader so the footage can be uploaded to the editing software on my PC, then they're replaced in the X5 and reformatted. The two Lexars somehow became "write protected" and could not be reformatted by any means after that. The two Sandisks eventually just shut the camera down when placed in the X5. Don't know what, if anything, I'm doing wrong, or if the X5 isn't really capable of using a 64GB card in the first place. The only card that has worked consistently is the original 15GB Lexar that came with the camera. Thanks for your insights.
Marc
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

About the write protected two, I find an article here,  http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-t ... rd-summary-3633096/  , does this solve the issue?

About the two Sandisk cards, do they work properly in other devices now?
2016-10-24
Use props
msg
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-24 02:33
About the write protected two, I find an article here,  http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/storage/ho ...

Thanks for the information, Thor. The Lexar discs still show the error after going through the process you sent to me. Write protection was set to 0 but the cards still don't work. I called Lexar about it. The Lexar tech support said the discs are defective and the chip is bad, and to return them. The SanDisk cards were exchanged for 32GB cards which I am currently testing in the X5 camera. I don't have another device that uses the micro cards, unfortunately. Have you had any other issues with the 64GB cards in the X5?
2016-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules