Osmo mobile with apple smart battery case
2586 6 2016-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbakker1982
lvl.1

Netherlands

Is it possible to use an iphone 7 with the apple smart battery case on the dji osmo mobile??
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I'm not sure about that, I haven't found the data of the thickness of iPhone 7 with battery pack
2016-10-24
Use props
sbakker1982
lvl.1

Netherlands

The old iphone 6s smart battery case is 15,2 by 7,2 by 1,4 cm. If we take these measurements; will it fit then?
2016-10-24
Use props
munishpruthi
New

I asked this of DJI. Works best with any form of case https://twitter.com/djiglobal/status/790509783883341824
2016-10-29
Use props
CemA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Well, not really. Yes, it fits in terms of size, the brackets have enough grip to hold the phone, but it's not balanced. I tried with every possible adjustment, the weight was the problem, not the dimensions. So, I just managed to counter-balance it, with four fidget spinner ball bearings. One behind the main adjustment dial, at the back of the phone, and three stacked, hanging at the rightmost side of the Osmo. . You should also extend the adjustment to the widest possible setting. I'll arrange a better set-up with a smaller weight, once I weigh the ball bearings tomorrow.
2017-12-29
Use props
CemA
lvl.1
Turkey

CemA Posted at 2017-12-29 15:39
Well, not really. Yes, it fits in terms of size, the brackets have enough grip to hold the phone, but it's not balanced. I tried with every possible adjustment, the weight was the problem, not the dimensions. So, I just managed to counter-balance it, with four fidget spinner ball bearings. One behind the main adjustment dial, at the back of the phone, and three stacked, hanging at the rightmost side of the Osmo. [view_image]. You should also extend the adjustment to the widest possible setting. I'll arrange a better set-up with a smaller weight, once I weigh the ball bearings tomorrow.

Now it works just fine, I'll post a picture tomorrow.
2017-12-29
Use props
CemA
lvl.1
Turkey

CemA Posted at 2017-12-29 15:39
Well, not really. Yes, it fits in terms of size, the brackets have enough grip to hold the phone, but it's not balanced. I tried with every possible adjustment, the weight was the problem, not the dimensions. So, I just managed to counter-balance it, with four fidget spinner ball bearings. One behind the main adjustment dial, at the back of the phone, and three stacked, hanging at the rightmost side of the Osmo. [view_image]. You should also extend the adjustment to the widest possible setting. I'll arrange a better set-up with a smaller weight, once I weigh the ball bearings tomorrow.

My phone is an iPhone 6, btw.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules