Intelligent batteries when new?
531 6 2016-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trackerputnam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5728392 ft

It seems to me that I read something about a procedure for new to your drone batteries? I have looked everywhere I can but have not found anything. I have flown with the new batteries already though with no problems.
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi trackerputnam, just please fully-charge it before flying, and keep an eye on the APP, there will be a message if anything you need pay attention to.
Besides, here is a tutorial for Intelligent Battery Use and Maintenance, hope it helps:
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify which Phantom model you have?
2016-10-23
Use props
trackerputnam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5728392 ft
United States

Phantom 44
2016-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Phantom 4 intelligent flight battery packs are similar to Phantom 3 intelligent flight battery packs.
It has been suggested to do a soft break in. Only fly them down to 50% charge the first ten flights.
After every twenty flights, deep cycle them, where by you drain them down to 8% and then charge those back to 100%.

Some Phantom pilots disregard this suggestion, and drain them down to what ever percent, when ever, and don't deep cycle them.
Hopefully they won't learn the hard way and regret that decision. ;-)  But that's up to the individual pilot.
Theses packs are rather pricey, so it's probably best to follow the suggestion and treat them with more respect. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Natalia and RedHotPoker brought up some great points. In addition, this is our reading material on the Phantom 4 batteries as well:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_en.pdf
2016-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-24 00:20
Natalia and RedHotPoker brought up some great points. In addition, this is our reading material on t ...

DJI-Jamie, Thanks, for the kind words.

May I please ask, that your firmware designers bring back Battery Life in the iOS app?
It's an important feature that was removed from iOS, yet it remains on the Android version.
We want an even playing field, and that is something that needs to be addressed.

As well, please give the Android pilots the advantage of changing their drone name in their firmware version.
Thanks for any consideration, of these unusual differences, between us...

We really Appreciate your helpful nature and smart input on the forum.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules