Come Join Our Contest for the Chance to Win a Mavic Pro!
123Next >
11079 86 2016-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Feeling inspired? Join our Official DJI Owners Group and share your best top-down aerial photo for the chance to win a DJI Mavic!

Drone pilots know the feeling. You’re up in the air cruising with your camera angled toward the horizon. Maybe you just wanted to capture the sunset, but suddenly you’re inspired. Your creativity, your curiosity, and your penchant to explore the unknown compels you to point that gimbal straight downwards, and all of a sudden, you see the world from a whole new perspective. You have a veritable bird’s-eye-view. It’s disorienting. It’s dazzling. It’s astonishingly beautiful.
Odds are this feeling has spurred you to capture your share fair share of stunning, top-down aerial photos. We want you to share your best one with our community here on Facebook and reward you for doing so!

Step 1. You’ll need to join the Official DJI Owners Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dji.owners/ This group is the best place on social media to share and discuss all things DJI. The group is run by DJI employees and is full of supportive and helpful DJI users.
Step 2. You’ll need to post your top-down photo in the Official DJI Owners’ Group with the hashtag #djitopdown. In your post, be sure to include the model of drone you used, as well as a brief description of where you took the photo.
You can submit a photo from today, October 21st, through November 4th.
On November 4th, a panel of judges, including our resident photography and drone guru Barry Blanchard, will choose 3 winners. Winners will be announced on our official DJI Support page on November 11th.
Each winner, and some additional noteworthy participants, will receive a copy of Above the World: Earth Through a Drone’s Eyes, DJI’s 10th anniversary book celebrating the beauty of the aerial image (available here: http://store.dji.com/product/above-the-world?from=10_events), plus one of the prizes listed below:

1st Prize: Mavic Pro
2nd Prize: Osmo+
3rd Prize: Osmo Mobile
Noteworthy Entries - Copies of Above the World: Earth Through a Drone’s Eyes

Competition Reminders and Guidelines:
1. No videos! This is a picture competition.
2. Each contestant can only submit one picture. The first picture you post will be considered as your entry.
3. You picture must be taken with your drone’s gimbal pointed directly downward.
4. Only submit your entry through the Official DJI Owners’ Group! Here’s the link again: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dji.owners/Your request to join will be approved within 24 hours.
5. Please read our terms and conditions before entering: (https://goo.gl/mfo4g5)
6. Be honest and submit your own work!

Have fun, and good luck pilots!
-DJI Support

33.jpg

2016-10-23
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

China

I wonder how many of us will have our drone in time to enter the competition.
2016-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Count me out. I don't ever do social networking websites. Good luck to all who enter. Ha
Yeah, no Facebook, MySpace, Linkdin, or any of them others. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2016-10-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-24 12:55
Count me out. I don't ever do social networking websites. Good luck to all who enter. Ha
Yeah, no Fa ...

Same here. Not into the social networking.
2016-10-23
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-24 00:55
Yeah, no Fa ...

Pretty funny, Red Hot Poker, considering you're posting to this discussion .
2016-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

CADDJockey Posted at 2016-10-24 01:11
Pretty funny, Red Hot Poker, considering you're posting to this discussion .

What's funny? I only state the personal facts & no fiction.
There are so many contests, prizes to be won, and advantages to those who wish to "Like" something.
I choose not to participate. So if that's funny somehow, I'm not laughing.
In Fact it annoys the heck out of me, which is a good thing. Hahaha
Join our Facebook page, Like us, and you're automatically entered. I simply say "No but thanks, anyway."

Facebook is also very notorious for storing peoples privacy, for their own gain. Filing photos and your personal info.
I decided years ago, to never belong to any of these popular but useless websites.

By the way, if you want to mug at serious comedy, check out the 18 or so, George Carlin concerts. Chuckles
I saw him live here one year, and it was a face ache, for several days, no to mention how my ribs hurt.
From All that rolling and writhing around on the floor. . . I even wore a tight turtleneck, so I wouldn't laugh my head off.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-23
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

I'm guessing the winner of this competition will have his/her Mavic Pro a lot sooner than any of the post sept 29th pre-orders
2016-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Jenee 2 Posted at 2016-10-24 01:05
Same here. Not into the social networking.

It's just a free marketing method, a simple way to create a larger Facebook membership. And that doesn't bring me any personal joy.
Plus, I'm not "remotely" interested in the Mavic, even a free one. hahaha
Unfriend me, if you must. Wicked Grin

For a good time call Align!! Snickers

Yeah, I'm currently building an Align TRex 700E DFC HV kit...
Just as DJI are the worlds top drone manufacturers, Align are the boss RC helicopter makers.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-23
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

I think it would be better if this Competition starts when all Mavics had shipped xD
2016-10-24
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Belgium

Excellent, i have a great idea for this, i hope i win
2016-10-24
Use props
Draxel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Definitely a faux pas by DJI to bring out this contest with all the Mavic shipping problems
2016-10-24
Use props
imac12
lvl.1

United States

Pretty scummy thing to do before you ship out all of your preorders, especially for those of us who ordered the combo and have yet to receive any communication from DJI on when we might expect them.
2016-10-24
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Germany

Draxel Posted at 2016-10-24 12:51
Definitely a faux pas by DJI to bring out this contest with all the Mavic shipping problems {:4_161: ...

Word!! I want to Topdown too
But no mavic no topdown :-( ^^
2016-10-24
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-24 12:55
Yeah, no Fa ...

Ha ha, same here!, yeah good luck to all
2016-10-24
Use props
Ben Ditto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239491 ft
Portugal

Post the pictures with the official hashtag: #NoMavicNoTopdown
2016-10-24
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

Um the contest doesn't need to be done with the Mavic, that's why you can also win one in this. Use any drone you might have for the picture.
2016-10-24
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

Awesome contest!
2016-10-24
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Germany

Ben Ditto Posted at 2016-10-24 14:27
Post the pictures with the official hashtag: #NoMavicNoTopdown

#nomavicnotopdown
2016-10-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-24 02:24
What's funny? I only state the personal facts & no fiction.
There are so many contests, prizes to  ...

Red Hot , I - and another shall we say, less than sober friend of mine saw George Carlin at  the  "Premier Center "  just oustide of Detroit,  circa 1986.  Anyway the drinks were flowing and George was  Mid way through his set  when my friend yelled Loudly , "GEORGE " !! ...............George got silent for a moment and without missing a beat  said," I remember My first Beer ! "  the crowd went wild  ( I had never heard that quip  before that night )  Great memories and when George died I really felt Genuinly Sad , a true comic legend.

True Story

donnie
2016-10-24
Use props
2000vadasz2
lvl.3

United States

Maverikster Posted at 2016-10-24 02:29
I'm guessing the winner of this competition will have his/her Mavic Pro a lot sooner than any of the ...

lol probably so
2016-10-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-24 07:10
Red Hot , I - and another shall we say, less than sober friend of mine saw George Carlin at   ...

Donnie, love the new avatar, did you know Frank Zappas favorite day or season was Halloween?? ;-)
Carlin was a comic genius. I remember standing in line for the tickets. Well before Internet or digital domains. I was thinking, yeah, it will be worth a few laughs to see a genuine comedian. Once he got on a roll, within one minute and you laughed that first time, that was it, & was basically non stop hilarity from that moment onward. He had a genuine knack for bringing up the most ridiculous stuff, in his own unique way. A real method man and wordsmith. I never laughed so hard in my whole life, as that night. Most memorable show, I can relate to that beer comment. He loved the hecklers. Funny much,? I've been to a lot of various shows, rock concerts, charitable benefits, Shriners circus and the like. His comedy was precious, incredibly priceless. Yes, he was one of a kind. There is a box set of his HBO shows, and it's worth every penny. Buy it.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-24
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-24 05:55
Yeah, no Fa ...

same here, I don't mind giving DJI my info and posting here, but I want nothing to do with crapbook and the likes. My mother taught me not to talk to strangers in strange places
2016-10-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-10-24 11:39
same here, I don't mind giving DJI my info and posting here, but I want nothing to do wi ...

Hahaha, that brought out a loud hehaw from this drone cowboy...

Yeah Heck, I even yodelled a bit. Snickers

RedHotPoker
2016-10-24
Use props
justim
lvl.1

Canada

trance728 Posted at 2016-10-24 08:33
Um the contest doesn't need to be done with the Mavic, that's why you can also win one in this. Use  ...

I don't have any other drone to use
2016-10-24
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

Competition Reminders and Guidelines:

The winner will be chosen on November 4th and announced on November 11th. Their prize - a Mavic Pro - will be posted to them before 2018.

Hopefully.
2016-10-24
Use props
dustout
lvl.2
United States

Can I submit a hand-held (since I have no drone yet) top-down photo of an empty box I wish contained my Mavic Pro Combo since DJI has given zero ETA on those shipping out? Communication is key, DJI. A delay is understandable but ONLY if you communicate about it.
2016-10-24
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

B. Eligibility
The Contest is open to any and all applicants who wish to take part. All submitted pictures
must have been taken with DJI drones.
2016-10-24
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft

Lepus Posted at 2016-10-25 07:28
B. Eligibility
The Contest is open to any and all applicants who wish to take part. All submitted  ...

Aye, mavic is a dji drone, hopefully ships out sometime soon.

I had a decent shot when I was up in Alaska last year, but it's not on a dji.
2016-10-24
Use props
SHJMw4xhOqc8
lvl.2

Australia

You might want to extend that deadline by like 3 months.
2016-10-24
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft

here is an idea, instead of having a contest when thousands of paid in full customers are waiting for there Mavic's... take that contest Mavic Pro and ship it out to one of the paid orders.
2016-10-24
Use props
8atU4uGb2cGi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft

Send
Me the drone first
2016-10-24
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I win.
Done with a Phantom 2.
No ND filter, shutter speed 1/100th, ISO 100
2016-10-24
Use props
tEMnUSKoNqZd
lvl.1

United States

mine is about to arrive it's already in US QQ图片20161025001943.png
2016-10-24
Use props
suttonr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300302 ft
United Kingdom

haha top down view of an empty box that has got to be the winning shot
2016-10-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-10-24 11:39
same here, I don't mind giving DJI my info and posting here, but I want nothing to do wi ...

On the Friday, that just passed, some of the worlds biggest websites were hacked.
Including Amazon and Twitter...

As they said in Monty Python's:
Nudge nudge, wink wink  Say no more, Say   No   More!! !! ;-)

twitter, netflix, amazon - Hacked home devices caused massive Internet outage

Published on Oct 22, 2016. twitter, netflix, amazon - home devices caused massive Internet outage.
Eleven hours after a massive online attack that blocked access to many popular websites, the company under assault has finally restored its service.

Dyn, a New Hampshire-based company that monitors and routes Internet traffic, was the victim of a massive attack that began at 7:10 a.m. ET Friday morning. The issue kept some users on the East Coast from accessing Twitter, Spotify, Netflix, Amazon, Tumblr, Reddit, PayPal and other sites.

At 6:17 p.m. ET Friday, Dyn updated its website to say it had resolved the large-scale distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) and service had been restored.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-25
Use props
Jesse21
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-25
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jesse21.  I am sure you are linked into the supply chain at DJI.  I am not sure how you can make that statement.  I manage Forum support and we do not have it.  We have many users that are entering their photos into the contest.  It is open to all who are proud of their compositions.  We have stated that we are manufacturing and shipping as quickly as possible.
2016-10-25
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2

terrible timing for this contest when tons of people are still waiting.
2016-10-25
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Lost interest in this since last competition.  After several user entries, the contest suddenly just went missing with no one the winner except DJI. {:4_142:}
2016-10-25
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

We announced the winners on FB.  You may want to check your facts.  There were several hundreds of entries.  We have used the winners on our FB banners.  The prices were awarded within 2 weeks of the announcement.
2016-10-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules