Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 behavior
1101 7 2016-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plumbfreeordie
lvl.2

United States

I was wondering how many people have a phantom 3 because they were convinced to buy one when the repairs on their out of warranty phantom 2v+ were nearly as expensive as a new phantom 3.  I have a thread on the phantom 2 forum called "bad company (no FPV)"  If you did get into the Phantom 3 this way could I trouble you to go to that thread and chime in with your experience?

My next question is do you have problems with the phantom 3 not behaving as advertised?  
2016-10-24
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

YES, it's much better than advertised. Have the P3S and I'm amazed just how good it is for the $.
2016-10-24
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

people complain about these amazing pieces of technology. i think people are forgetting or dont know how hard it is to fly aircraft without stabilization, fpv, and position hold.
2016-10-24
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had 2 P2V+ but haven't touched them since I got my hands on the P3 Advanced.
The Lightbridge equipped P3s are 10 times better than the earlier models.
They're really outstanding machines.
2016-10-24
Use props
skyer333
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1754019 ft
United States

I am really happy with my Phantom 3 Advanced. It is indeed amazing technology packed in a compact and relatively inexpensive package (not being paid by DJI to say this )

Here's a sample of what it can do...

SKYER
“Fly your drone as though you were flying in it yourself…”
See aerial short films at my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC304REG4t2_OWJmQDHLvQ2w
2016-10-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a Phantom 3 Pro which I bought because it was the best machine on the market at the time for my purposes. Unfortunately 5 months after buying it there were problems with the RC, part of a bad batch I think. But absolutely brilliant customer service gave me a full refund, just as the P4s were coming out. That is what I have now and an absolutely brilliant machine. Easy to fly as such, but a bit of a learning curve overall. Produces superb video. To be honest you should consider buying one, or perhaps a Mavic ?

EDIT:- I've just realised I shouldn't have posted, as I never owned a P2.
2016-10-28
Use props
plumbfreeordie
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-28 09:36
I had a Phantom 3 Pro which I bought because it was the best machine on the market at the time for m ...

Because of my own experience I find myself reluctant to purchase anything else from DJI.  I bought a refurbished phantom 2 vision plus from a DJI authorized store... which is no longer in business.  It was for all intents and purposes new... had all original packing documentation, seals...  It never had consistent FPV, I just lumped it because of how awesome it was to have FPV sometimes... now  FPV doesn't work at all.  DJI will not provide parts for this model because they say it is obsolete... at three years old.  This is good sign that DJI is a crappy company.  I've had mine for about a year and a half.  Flown it maybe 20 times and it is non working.  I've never had a bad crash, this problem was brought on by a firmware update... not a crash... suspicious, given how they want us obsolete garbage owners to step up to the P3... and then the P4... P5.... P6 I would be happy to do this if it meant getting into a better product, but it seems that they are baiting you there with promises that the new product will work like the old one should have... for only x dollars more....
2016-10-28
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

I have owned
a P1
a P2 basic
a P2 Vision Plus

and all 3 models p3

sold the 2 p2 to buy my first p3a

all were great fun and well worth every penny

actually the reason I bought the p2 basic was for the spare battery and spare parts--(did not need the parts-sold it complete)

I realized as with most stuff like this a whole "item" is far cheaper than the sum of its parts.....

this tech is moving so fast that it will always be cheaper to upgrade by a few percentage points than repair,
same for cell phones, tvs notebooks ..
I never thought of buying this as anything other than a fun exciting toy/hobby,,
essentially a money pit,
but a fun one none the less

2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules