Inspire 1/Pro increase in propeller noise
1255 9 2016-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason 2015
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292300 ft
United States

Over the last several months I have heard a dramatic increase in propeller noise while flying.  The Inspire also has intermittent issues hovering perfectly still.  
Has anyone come across this and how did you address?
Thanks!
2016-10-24
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>

Have it checked. I learned the hard way with my Phantom that when something doesn't sound right, it is an early warning. I ignored it and the P3P fell from the sky, one motor just froze.
2016-10-24
Use props
Jason 2015
lvl.1
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2016-10-24 14:01
Have it checked. I learned the hard way with my Phantom that when something doesn't sound right, it  ...

Good input. Will do.  Thanks.
2016-10-24
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Jason

Like LP said, this is an indication that something is wrong and most likely it is a bearing going bad. This should be sent into the LA Shop for repairs.
They have been running about 3 weeks,.,.

Rich

2016-10-24
Use props
forter_lan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94544 ft
El Salvador

Jason, Good Day I was about to send my inspire 1 for repair for an issue like yours. One back motor was making weird noise, the Inspire also has intermittent issues hovering perfectly still. One day I decide to call support. but since I am from a different country they advice me that I would paid for shipping cost. I decide to troubleshoot and I found the issue is the part DJINSP-70 propeller lock. The parts seems to be ok if you compare to the other one. but once replaced with a new one. No more noise and the inspire fly wonderful
2016-10-25
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

forter_lan Posted at 2016-10-25 09:41
Jason, Good Day I was about to send my inspire 1 for repair for an issue like yours. One back motor  ...

I replace my prop locks 3 times a year for my type of flying , it is cheap insurance and makes me fell a heck of a lot better ( safer ) when I fly , I replace the props at the same interval .

that was very good detective work on your part by the way

donnie
2016-10-25
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You could remove the props  AND locks and run the motors and see if the motors sound about the same . An old mechanic trick is to take a long screwdriver and place it on the engine ( where you are having trouble with noise  , say the water pump or alternator etc ) and the other end of the screwdriver handle to you ear tightly .    In your case you could do the same with a long  thin screwdriver as well and see if one of the Motors is louder than the others .

Also replacing the Prop locks is a great Idea, I had one making a buzzing type sound when it had a crack in it , now I change mine at  least 3 times a year , it is cheap insurance .  I also replace the props at the same time .
video below for a visual in case you dont know what I mean.

Just some suggestions

donniie

2016-10-25
Use props
forter_lan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94544 ft
El Salvador

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-25 09:14
I replace my prop locks 3 times a year for my type of flying , it is cheap insurance and makes me  ...

Thanks Donnie very appreciated
2016-10-25
Use props
Jason 2015
lvl.1
United States

forter_lan Posted at 2016-10-25 07:41
Jason, Good Day I was about to send my inspire 1 for repair for an issue like yours. One back motor  ...

Thanks for your input.  I actually have a few new propeller locks.  I will try it out.
2016-10-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jason 2015 Posted at 2016-10-25 17:02
Thanks for your input.  I actually have a few new propeller locks.  I will try it out.

Hey Jason
sorry I didn't even think about the older style props being used. This was my mistake to assume you were using the latest "T" props and hubs.  Like everyone else is saying replace these parts often to be safe.

Sorry about that
Rich
2016-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules