DJI GO Constant Restart / Crash
1616 9 2016-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jake-dji
lvl.1

United States

I recently got the update to DJI GO v 3.0.0.  I'm running it on my Nexus 9 tablet with Android 7.0.  I have upgraded the Phantom 3 Pro remote firmware that just came out.  The GO App crashes regularly, constantly when connected to the drone.  I have a backup tablet, Tablet Express M8 running Android 5.0.  The previous version of the DJI Go app runs great on this tablet and does not crash.  I let it update to v 3.0.0 too and now it also crashes regularly.  Have only been able to use Litchi for about a week now.  Anyone else having any issues with the latest version of the app?

2016-10-24
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>

I am having exact same problem. I have Nexus 9 tablet and crashes constantly when connected to drone. I have both Phantom 3 and Phantom 4. The app crashes when using either drone.
Before the new update I had no problems. I too have been using Litchi to fly for past week.. Hopefully the will fix with next update...
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for your feedback, we are aware of this case and working on it recently, will improve it in next version.
Please connect aircraft to your IOS device or try the previous APP if convenient, thanks again for your patience.
2016-10-24
Use props
jake-dji
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Natalia, glad to hear it's already being worked on.

I haven't rooted either device and installed Titanium Backup, or I would have reverted back already.  Is there an easy way to get the previous version back with non rooted android?  Nevermind, found it here:

https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot

Hopefully that's a legit apk download.  I have reverted to DJI GO v2.9.1 on the Tablet Express M8, and just connected it to the Phantom 3 Pro.  No crashes so far.  v3.0.0 would have crashed already.  If I find any issues reverting the Nexus 9 I will report back here.

Thanks for the replies!
2016-10-25
Use props
jake-dji
lvl.1

United States

I have just updated the Nexus 9 to DJI GO v 3.0.1, which just came out, and this latest version seems to be working fine.  No crashing with today's update.  Thanks DJI!
2016-10-25
Use props
ingpacheba10
lvl.1

Mexico

Recently i updated the app to v 3.0.1, flew around 12 minutes without problems, but i observed restarting again my samsung S7. fortunately i kept close the drone, all the time i had  comunication (control-drone) to land. I´ll continue testing.
2016-10-25
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

ingpacheba10 Posted at 2016-10-26 08:00
Recently i updated the app to v 3.0.1, flew around 12 minutes without problems, but i observed resta ...

A good business model: Break the firmware and then try to patch it up every third week with a revised android app. Where have all the original software engineers gone?
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jake-dji Posted at 2016-10-26 06:44
I have just updated the Nexus 9 to DJI GO v 3.0.1, which just came out, and this latest version seem ...

Thank you for your feedback, glad to hear it's fine with V3.0.1, if you have any suggestion when using this now version, please feel free to let us know, thanks!
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ingpacheba10 Posted at 2016-10-26 08:00
Recently i updated the app to v 3.0.1, flew around 12 minutes without problems, but i observed resta ...

Please try to delete it and re-install, before flying, please turn off all other background programs and cool it down.
To confirm the info, you meant the APP crashed or your S7 restarted?
Please check the mobile system of S7 and you could test it with another android device if convenient, and keep us posted, we'd love to help you evaluate it.
2016-10-25
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>

Updated the app to v 3.0.1  Made several flights with both P3 and P4 with no problems but I had to to re-calibrate IMU after update...
Thanks for quick fix....
2016-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules