Ordering from Bestbuy
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rocco12475
lvl.2

nocaps Posted at 2016-10-27 08:23
Well, I do consider the work of the manager of a Best Buy store who is looking at their inventory  ...

I wouldn't listen to anyone there.....  It's like the blind leading the blind but I do trust their inventory system since the status did change from available to sold out yesterday.

If no shipping by Friday it's not coming on time and I will simply cancel all my orders for mavic and I'll wait for bugs to get worked out and pricing to come down.
2016-10-26
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-10-26 20:27
Well unless I used mental telepathy then yes, of course I spoke to them. These were stores in the A ...

Thank you for clarifying, it sounds like you and I were told different info from the same business at different locations but time will tell indeed
2016-10-26
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

rocco12475 Posted at 2016-10-27 08:29
I wouldn't listen to anyone there.....  It's like the blind leading the blind but I do trust their ...

I think I'm in the same boat as you. I wanted to get it sooner for the fall colors but they're about to be gone, so I have no other rushing things where I need the Mavic. I'm over the constant rise you up then let down,  so if neither Best Buy or B&H ship by this weekend I'll probably cancel both.
2016-10-26
Use props
nocaps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31624 ft
United States

I don't blame BB or any other vendor, they are being jacked around like everyone else. Lots of people are just tired of it and if DJI doesn't start shipping units in quantity very soon I think they are going to see massive cancellations as people just give up and wait for Spring and a more de-bugged product. So much for the strategy of promising what you can't deliver.
2016-10-26
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-10-26 19:13
I hate to burst anyone's bubble but when BB CS tells you that your order is shipping on schedule the ...

Honestly I hope they don't get them this weekend.   I'd rather be dealing with just one preorder.
2016-10-26
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

I think Best Buy and B&H will both be shipping out their first batches this weekend.
2016-10-26
Use props
Mavic4Me
lvl.2

United States

I will get my buddy to check the bestbuy inventory system tomorrow to see if there is any movement. I doubt it, but might as well check. I shall update with what I find out tomorrow night.
2016-10-26
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-10-26 20:13
I hate to burst anyone's bubble but when BB CS tells you that your order is shipping on schedule the ...

I really don't believe so.....
2016-10-26
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-10-26 20:13

would you like to make a $500 bet with me on this?
2016-10-26
Use props
nocaps
lvl.2
United States

Handsfreebicycl Posted at 2016-10-26 21:49

On the Mavic not being shipped by BB this week? Lol, of course not, why would I make a bet where I hope you'd win (I want them to ship too.)

I can't imagine why everyone's manhood seems to be insulted by my simply reporting information I've received from BB. I think it's right but it could be wrong, we'll know in a few days. Chill.  

Or if you have more certain info (which I assume you do if you're willing to bet $500) why not share it with us?

2016-10-26
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

Handsfreebicycl Posted at 2016-10-26 21:49

OK, I'm in. I'll bet you!
2016-10-26
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

nocaps Posted at 2016-10-27 10:08
On the Mavic not being shipped by BB this week? Lol, of course not, why would I make a bet where I  ...

I actually shared the info in the other post earlier today, but I don't know if its "more accurate" than your or not...somebody ordered it from BB and the delivery date changed from oct 31 to oct 29 the day before yesterday and he got his tracking number yesterday...
2016-10-26
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

stealle Posted at 2016-10-27 10:15

should I leave you my paypal account number?haha...
2016-10-26
Use props
Daveman
lvl.1
United States

I called BB on mine and they said they "had" it but a forklift driver in the warehouse decided to play with it and forgot to set the home point and when the signal was lost the damn thing flew all the way back to China.  They called DJI and they said when it gets there they will send it back out but they had to take care of all the pre-orders, resellers, Santa Claus, and some guy named Bob in Idaho first.  I gave them the GPS coordinates of my front porch so they can send it back to me.  I hope the battery holds out.

Seriously, I ordered from BB and my delivery date has been consistent but based on prior shipments I have had from them, if it hasn't shipped today (and it hasn't) or worst case tomorrow I don't anticipate that it will be here by the 31st.  That's OK though, it won't kill me to wait a little longer and I am sure that I will get it sooner than some.  I do know that BB will take care of it, they always have on pre-orders in the past.  Yes it says "sold out" now but that doesn't mean they have sold stock on hand, that just means that they have sold the number that they had on the delivery order from DJI.  It doesn't mean that they actually have them in a warehouse, but it doesn't mean that they don't either.  No matter what, they are one of the largest home electronics retailers and they didn't get that way by not taking care of their customers.  
2016-10-26
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

nocaps Posted at 2016-10-27 10:08
On the Mavic not being shipped by BB this week? Lol, of course not, why would I make a bet where I  ...

what I am really afraid of now is that these early orders come with firmware or even more serious problem....
2016-10-26
Use props
danielhou92
New

United States

Best Buy Employee here. Going to detail my whole experience so maybe this will help provide deeper insight...My tenure with BestBuy ironically comes to a close this week as i'm taking an extended vacation touring Europe. Like other fellow users on here, I sold my DJI Phantom Drone(s) to buy the Mavic Pro to take with my on my trip to Europe. I leave the US on the Nov 11th but I travel to Virginia on Nov 2 to shoot a wedding and was wanting to use the Mavic Pro for the wedding. I put a preorder for the drone on October 12th with a delivery date guarentee of Oct 31st. I saw that the BBY website on October 26th removed the delivery guaranteed date from what I saw. I checked the Purchases tab on my Best Buy account and my transaction is still pending but the ordered was confirmed...so I have yet to be charged for the Mavic Pro. On the Purchases page of my Best Buy account it still shows that the delivery date is for the 31st of October so my date has not changed. I went into my store today to check the official system to see if the release date was changed due to DJI having delays shipping out pre-orders on their end. The shipment date in the system said October 23rd, 2016 they would become available so i'm guessing this means stores should have started receiving the drones on trucks starting from this date. There was no in stock date and I know in South Carolina where i'm based I don't see any stores having inventory for the drones so it seems like they will be shipping the pre-orders out directly. My manager didn't have any further information regarding inventory on that. Display models of the Mavic Pro have yet to appear in any of the 7 stores that I checked in South Carolina and Charlotte areas. I'll keep things updated on this post if anything changes but I will also be extremely peeved with DJI if I can't get my drone in time because it's going to mess up all the locations I had planned for drone footage. Hope this helps!
2016-10-26
Use props
agzela
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-26
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

stealle Posted at 2016-10-27 10:15

Ok, So stealle says you wont get your order from BB this week and Handsfreebicycl says that the order will be shipped and the wager is $500. This is a honored internet forum bet, no backing out, virtual handshake, someones out $500.
2016-10-26
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

It looks like they can be purchased again, but with a Nov 2nd date this time.
2016-10-26
Use props
tV1fr835Dcq3
lvl.2

United States

pythagoras183 Posted at 2016-10-27 13:56
It looks like they can be purchased again, but with a Nov 2nd date this time.

Still showing sold out for me.
2016-10-26
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

tV1fr835Dcq3 Posted at 2016-10-26 23:10
Still showing sold out for me.

Yep, now it's showing sold out again. Heh.

Maybe they're sporadic cancellations. Looks like this batch is indeed sold out.
2016-10-26
Use props
mdgavin2
lvl.1

United States

My order still says "Get it By Oct 30". Unless it ships tomorrow or Friday that's not happening.
2016-10-26
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.2

mdgavin2@alaska Posted at 2016-10-27 15:00
My order still says "Get it By Oct 30". Unless it ships tomorrow or Friday that's not happening.

I doubt you will get it by 30th.

It says on the BB website: "Pre-Order Releases Sunday, October 30, 2016"

Releases means that is when they ship.   So anyone saying they got already from BB is LYING. LOL

We will see by the 30th if they ship or not.  glta
2016-10-26
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

agzela Posted at 2016-10-26 21:58
53 pre-orders left!

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/M ... dcopter-372757.html

Yeah, I wanna pre-order from ANOTHER Chinese store...
2016-10-26
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.2

Babblin5 Posted at 2016-10-27 15:55
Yeah, I wanna pre-order from ANOTHER Chinese store...

Now that wasn't very nice. LOL
2016-10-27
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

danielhou92 Posted at 2016-10-26 23:52
Best Buy Employee here. Going to detail my whole experience so maybe this will help provide deeper i ...

Honestly that doesn't sound very promising for units shipping within the next 24 to 48 hours to meet the 'receive by 31st' date.   :/
2016-10-27
Use props
nocaps
lvl.2
United States

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-27 01:08
Ok, So stealle says you wont get your order from BB this week and Handsfreebicycl says that the or ...

Now it's getting interesting! But of course the chance of any money actually changing hands is about the same likelihood of any of us receiving our BB shipments by Oct 31  ;)
2016-10-27
Use props
Xf04CiIEvgmN
lvl.1

United States

I just placed an order on Best Buy.  I ordered through B&H on the 29th as well.  Best buy now says "get by Nov 2."  We'll see what happens!
2016-10-27
Use props
nocaps
lvl.2
United States

I've seen several reposts of messages from various vendors saying that DJI has told them shipments to retailers will start to go out next week and should be able to be received and turned around in time for final shipments to customers from retailers to begin the week of Nov. 7. If so then we won't be seeing anything next week but possibly the week after, which is better than many expected (if it really happens that is, and DJI has not given any indication of quantity so it's unknown if every pending order will be able to be fulfilled in the first batch.)

With regard to BB specifically, the fact that no one has received any shipping info yet (so far as I am aware) means that it's pretty unlikley anything will arrive on Oct. 31. But if the above info is correct (it's the Internet, who knows, but the report seems to be consistent among several vendors) then shipping might be delayed only a week, which is good news if it pans out.

2016-10-27
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

So usually the in-store employees have almost zero to do with online only orders.   They are in different systems, different logistics, etc.   So all of you asking your local stores about online deliveries (unless it's a ship to store which you can't do via preorders) are getting random and probably inaccurate answers.   

That being said -- I'm going to be ultra surprised if this thing ships when they say it's going to.    They are now on the clock for meeting that 'receive by' date.
2016-10-27
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

Not good - I just logged into my BB account to check order status and this is what I see...hopefully it's just a random outage and has nothing to do with the Mavic
Capture.JPG
2016-10-27
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-10-27 11:14
Not good - I just logged into my BB account to check order status and this is what I see...hopefully ...

I saw the same. Refresh it, it's fine now.
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-10-27 23:14
Not good - I just logged into my BB account to check order status and this is what I see...hopefully ...

I am also having issues logging in right now, I think it's just temporary down time.
2016-10-27
Use props
nocaps
lvl.2
United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-27 11:17
I am also having issues logging in right now, I think it's just temporary down time.

Me too, the order info page isn't accessible. Our constant refreshes finally brought them down!  
2016-10-27
Use props
jfxjlm
lvl.2

United States

Cmon best buy. Bring me the joy of ten christmas mornings in one weekend. I promise I'll buy more than tic tac next time at your stores.
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

DJI is in the news...

Gizmodo Article
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

Finally got logged in, and.... nothing changed
2016-10-27
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-27 11:32
DJI is in the news...

Gizmodo Article

You really caught that fast. That was posted 5 minutes ago from now!
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

If it's going to get here by the 31st it pretty much has to start shipping today.  So I guess we will all have our answer tonight
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

gckless Posted at 2016-10-27 23:33
You really caught that fast. That was posted 5 minutes ago from now!

Some of us have been eagerly awaiting that article, having played a part in it's creation
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules