Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3P Disconnects from DJI Go
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raynelang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450492 ft
Canada

Hi all!

I'm having issues with my P3P disconnecting from DJI GO mid flight. This is a new problem that only started the other day after updating DJI GO and the RC. Sorry i don't know exact versions i had previously. I always keep DJI GO up to date and just update when DJI GO tells me i need to. I did not need to update the aircraft as I was already at V1.9.60 I'm using an iPad Air 2. Here is what happens/happened:

1) P3P V1.9.60, DJI GO V3.0.0 (i think), RC V1.6.0 (i think)
2) Flying without Issue.
3) DJI GO Updates to V3.0.1
4) Open DJI GO App. Remote ON
5) DJI GO indicates update required
6) Upgrade RC firmware V1.8.0
7) Power On Phantom 3 Pro
8) Cal IMU, Auto Gimbal Cal (I always do this after any update. Cant hurt right?)
9) Move Outside... Compass Cal (I was just in my yard where I always fly. Just playing it safe again)
10) All Green. Video Looks Good. Take Off.
11) Move drone away slowely to test everything works good after update
12) DJI GO Disconnects, no aircraft information, no video
13) RC still working with P3P
14) Land P3P. Power off P3P
15) Close DJI GO, Power off Remote, wait for 2-3 min to calm down after panic attack
16) Power On Remote, Open DJI GO, Power On P3P
17) All Green. Video Looks Good. Take Off. Did not move horizontally. Just up ~2m and hover
18) Wait... 3 min passes
19) DJI Disconnects, no aircraft information, no video
20) RC still working with P3P
21) Land P3P. Power Off

I have been search for most of the day, and it appears this issue is happening on P3 Standard and on P3P on Android, but I have not seen much posted about the problem on iOS. Before I start mucking around with downgrading RC firmware, and reverting to an old version of DJI GO, is there anything I should be testing first that could help me pin point the actual issue? Could this be hardware starting to fail (i have had it over a year)?  I did try another cable this morning as i have seen suggested but it did not help. Unfortunatly I don't have another device to test DJI GO with.

*Side note: I got all kinds of great information from this forum. Thanks to all that contribute their tips and tricks.
2016-10-25
Use props
BarnStangz
lvl.1

United States

I've been having the same issue with mine after the latest version of the iOS DJI Go app. So it might be the app. I had mine a few hundred feet in the air when I lost video I starting looking for it and I was able to safely land it with out an issue. But I'm a little worried to take it for long flights and then lose the video. So I'm keeping it LOS at all times now.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know have you tried to delete the APP and re-install it again?
With the IOS device, please enable "Hardware decoding", turn off all background programs, and cool it down before flight.
Would you please provide us a short video for further evaluation? thanks.
2016-10-25
Use props
raynelang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450492 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-25 23:34
May I know have you tried to delete the APP and re-install it again?
With the IOS device, please ena ...

I will give it a try. I'll grab a video for you if still having issues.

Thanks for the tips!
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

raynelang@gmail Posted at 2016-10-26 20:40
I will give it a try. I'll grab a video for you if still having issues.

Thanks for the tips!

That's appreciated, thanks, we'd love to help you solve that.
2016-10-27
Use props
themepark
New

United States

I had a similar experience that you did.  The RC part works just fine but video and telemetry blank out.  At least for me, it was a bad lightning cable I was using.  It was not an Apple brand or MFI certified cable.
Once I switched to a better cable my problems went away. I don't know if it's due to bad connections or some weird interaction of validation of the proprietary cable technologies but changing out the cable helped me.
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules