IOS - DJI VSION APP - Refuse to use location service.
4079 38 2015-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

I keep turning it on to "always" and it keeps just turning off to nothing checked.. it wont save its location settings... Anyone else having this issue?

2015-2-3
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

What are you trying to save?  We need more information than what you gave.
2015-2-3
Use props
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
United States

In IOS under settings where you give apps permission to use your location...  The settings for the DJI vision app won't stick to whatever you select.. once you exit the setting and open the DJI app.. it goes back to nothing checked... I can't use ground station right if the app won't load or save my current location.... It was working fine in the previous version of the app...
2015-2-3
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

ronnydsosa.gmai Posted at 2015-2-4 10:21
In IOS under settings where you give apps permission to use your location...  The settings for the D ...

Can you provide a screen shot of what you are talking about?
2015-2-3
Use props
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
United States

No need to do that.. if you have a an iPhone or an iPad just go to "Settinngs" > "Pricacy" > "Location Services" and find the DJI app and try to set the permission to always or never and see  if it will stay.....
2015-2-3
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

ronnydsosa.gmai Posted at 2015-2-4 10:29
No need to do that.. if you have a an iPhone or an iPad just go to "Settinngs" > "Pricacy" > "Locati ...

I have an Apple 10.1" tablet, I went to settings, privacy, location services and selected DJI vision app and selected always.  It put the check mark there.  Then I powered off the tablet and powered back on, the checkmark is still there.  There must be something with your phone or tablet.
2015-2-3
Use props
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
United States

Unmm. What version of IOS are you running.? From what i read in the recent reviews at the app store.. Im not the only one having this issue so yeah nothing seem to be wrong with my phone, but thanks for trying to help tho..
2015-2-3
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

ronnydsosa.gmai Posted at 2015-2-4 10:46
Unmm. What version of IOS are you running.? From what i read in the recent reviews at the app store. ...

I have on my tablet IOS 8.1
2015-2-3
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

This is my tablet version 8.1
apple tablet IOS 8.1.jpg
2015-2-3
Use props
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
United States

Unmm I have IOS 8.1.3 maybe thats the issue here...
2015-2-3
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

ronnydsosa.gmai Posted at 2015-2-4 10:51
Unmm I have IOS 8.1.3 maybe thats the issue here...

Mine is the same 8.1.3  I guess I'll have to update my photo of it
2015-2-3
Use props
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
United States

I got it to stay ("always") after a few tries... Gonna restart the phone and see if this time it would stay as "always". Wish me luck.
2015-2-3
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

upgraded pic of Tablet
DSCN0060.JPG
2015-2-3
Use props
scuba502.yahoo
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-4 10:57
upgraded pic of Tablet

I too am having the exact same problem. On my iPhone running ios 8.1.3. and the DJI Vision APP 1.0.48.
I select the Vision app location services for always. It puts the check mark in there but 1 minute later when you check it the check mark is blank for always. Because of this the Dynamic Home Point will not work. Very frustrating. Anyone find a solution for this yet?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
2015-2-9
Use props
grangerfx.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

If this happened to me, I would back up my iOS device via iTunes on my Mac (or PC) and then do a full restore of the device. An app cannot affect its own location settings other than to request specific access to the location manager and provide a string to describe its use. Beyond that the rest is up to iOS. I have never experienced this issue myself but I have seen other ways that iOS can get corrupted and require a reset.
2015-2-9
Use props
scuba502.yahoo
New

United States

grangerfx.gmail Posted at 2015-2-10 00:29
If this happened to me, I would back up my iOS device via iTunes on my Mac (or PC) and then do a ful ...

Yes it could be the ios that is causing the problem but I do no believe so.. The DJI APP is the only app that has this location issue. All other apps that use the location service work well and keep their respective settings. What I did notice is when you select "Always" for the DJI app in the location services. it retains its setting until you open the DJI Vision APP. Once you open the App it removes the check mark in the location services. The work around is to start the DJI Vision app first, then go to the phones location services and select "Always". At this point the DJI Vision app now uses your location.
2015-2-9
Use props
jetsap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314370 ft
Norway

I am having the same issues as the others on my iPhone 6 and P2V+ V3. I also have the app installed on my iPad Air2 and it's exactly the same issue there.
The location services "always on" for the vision app refuses to stay "on" for more than a minute or so and the GPS symbol does not start when opening the app

If you are using the dynamic home point function in the app, you are in for a surprise if you loose connection. I lost connection 500 meters out and it head off in a different direction. Just lucky I was able to restore the connection by pointing the TX towards the V+ and move a few meters.

A few observations:
Happening on both iPhone 6 128 GB and iPad Air2 128 GB running latest iOS.
- All this happened after the last app update
- running the latest SW on  everything. iPad, iPhone, P2V+, camera and range extender. Upgrading to v3.12 today made no difference.
- deleting and re-installing the app made no difference.
- in settings - privacy - location services the box will become unchecked after a few minutes.
- in settings - DJI Vision the "location" menu will show if you just selected "always" as described above. Later, the "location" menu will not even show unless you go to privacy - location services - DJI vision and check it again.
- The Vision app is the only app experiencing issues with location services. All other apps, both Apple and 3rd party apps using gps are working fine.

This is obviously got something to do with the Vision App and happened after the last update in February.
DJI, please look into this ASAP as people easily can loose their P2V/+ if they got dynamic home point active.

Would post a few screenshots, but uploading pics from iPad does not seem to work and I can't find this forum on TapaTalk

2015-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Just skimmed through here as I was having an issue I thought was related to the new version 3.12 update which as it turns out is not.
It seems I had some kind of conflict with cellular data being turned on for the app and location services for the app somehow disabled or something which I can't quite figure out why or how it happened yet either.
Anyhow, I disabled cellular data for the app and enabled location services as "always" and find my Phantom and Ground station are working as they should.
One thing I noticed just now as I have the Phantom off (gotta go to work sometime!) and my phone back out of Airplane mode and wifi enabled again I cannot see the DJI Vision app under "Privacy" again though certain if I power up the Phantom and go back to Airplane Mode and select the Phantom wifi it re appears...
Which I just tried and it does but as someone stated the selection of "always" or "never" were both unchecked again...so I re selected it as "always" and have now shut off the Phantom again (gotta go to work soon!) restored my phone back to normal again now everything is showing as it should on my iPone. I even power cycled my phone just for laughs and everything is still showing as normal,,Hmmmmm!!
It seems there is some correlation here between the Phantom being on or off or when you select these...I will add in later if I find the settings mysteriously change again after my next few flights and power cycles.
Maybe our friends at DJI can chime in...
2015-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

scuba502.yahoo Posted at 2015-2-10 00:59
Yes it could be the ios that is causing the problem but I do no believe so.. The DJI APP is the on ...

Scuba,
I just tried as you stated and sure as Shiza I had the exact same result,
I have no time to try this now but I think there is a correlation to this being unchecked somehow when the app is opened and with the Phantom being off.
If you have an opportunity to try go through all of the rituals and then only open the app when the Phantom is on, power cycle the Phantom a few times and only re launch the app after the Phantom is on and see if it remains checked or not.
2015-3-4
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

Yeah i'm still having this same issue on my iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB and now on my iPad Mini wifi+Cellular 16GB..  I have all the latest software, Apps, firmwares installed and nothing... This only started happening  in Feb when DJI updated the App... I also have an inspire 1 with the DJI Pilto App and that App woks just fine.. location stay selected always.. Last night i bought the Vision Pilot App and even that one the Location stay selected without issues.. This is a problem with the app i supposed.
2015-3-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Did you upgrade the range extender via app?
2015-3-4
Use props
jetsap
lvl.1
Norway

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-5 14:45

Range extender is updated via the app. No difference.
2015-3-5
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-5 14:45

Yeah and still have the same problem.. This seems to be a problem with the DJI vision App.. Someone must had missed something in the IOS code...  Before the update you were able to set the location permission to :

Always
Never

OR

While using the APP

Now it only gives you the first 2 mentioned above.. Not sure if thats the problem but for My inspire Pilot App i have all 3 choices and of course i selected while using the APP and that never fails.. But who knows whast the problem here is.. Im gonna have to decompile the DJI Vision APP myself and try to figure it out where the problem is and then report back my findings..  BTW if you read the reviews in APPle APP Store for the DJI Vsion APP it seems we not the only people having this issue.. DJI might wanna look into that and pronto...

Update: Im gonna try with a spare range extender i have laying around that was never upgraded to see if that has anything to do with it but i doubt it...  
2015-3-5
Use props
jetsap
lvl.1
Norway

Bump

DJI: are you looking into this issue?
2015-3-12
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

I got a new RE700(Not Upgraded) and now the App works just like before....
2015-3-12
Use props
bpope2385
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having this problem as well when I upgraded my range extender.  Is there any fix yet?  I always use the "Find my Phantom" service and usually my home indicator will flash blue beside my pin, but now it doesn't since location service resets every time I choose always.
2015-4-1
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I just tried this:
App version 1.048 (1677)
IOS version 8.3

Set location services for DJI app to always, exited settings, opened app, closed app, turned off phone, turned on phone, settings, location services for DJI still set to always.

bpope: Why do you always use the Find my Phantom feature?  Do you lose your quad that often?
2015-4-1
Use props
bpope2385
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790594 ft
  • >>>
United States

An ounce of preventive is worth a pound of cure ;).  I would just rather know my home location and homepoint are set in the app before I take off.  Is IOS 8.3 out now?  Not seeing an update on my iphone 6+
2015-4-1
Use props
jacobgoetzinger
New

United States

Same problem here.  Finally updated the app to 1.0.48 on my iphone 5s running IOS 8.2
Had my 1st flight after the update yesterday.  As usual before take off, I opened ground station and hit the little target icon that usually zooms the map in to my location.. nothing.  Would not load the map.  

I still got GPS lock and flew my two batteries down fine.  Today after reading this forum I checked the location services and had to check "Always" for the dji app, and after opening the dji app and still failing to load a map, I went back to location services and found the app had unchecked itself.. keeps doing it every time I open the vision app.  If I dont open the app it has so far stayed checked.  It just keeps unchecking itself after I open the vision app.

This is truly a 1.0.48 issue. Vision app was working until right after I updated.....  DJI (giving my best puppy dog eyes).. Please fix.   
2015-4-5
Use props
jacobgoetzinger
New

United States

jacobgoetzinger Posted at 2015-4-5 23:33
Same problem here.  Finally updated the app to 1.0.48 on my iphone 5s running IOS 8.2
Had my 1st fli ...

Just in case someone else missed the answer above like I did before I posted.

scuba502.yahoo seems to have found a workaround.  I tested it and it worked for me too....

"The work around is to start the DJI Vision app first, then go to the phones location services and select "Always". At this point the DJI Vision app now uses your location."

Thanks scuba
2015-4-5
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

Read my last post in this thread if you want to fix this issue:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... amp;page=1#pid85458
2015-4-5
Use props
jacobgoetzinger
New

United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-6 00:07
Read my last post in this thread if you want to fix this issue:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod= ...

Much appreciated ronnydsosa!!
2015-4-5
Use props
rickyshawuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am also having this problem, press always on iPhone settings, open dji vision, go back to settings and its untucked again.
2015-7-5
Use props
rickyshawuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Please fix the app DJI so we don't have to tick location service every time we want to use it
2015-7-5
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Anyone submitt a ticket to DJI support on the problem?
2015-7-6
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

Noo need for that.. The issued was resolved...
2015-7-6
Use props
rickyshawuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I never get any reply from emailing DJI Europe or China they're useless
2015-7-6
Use props
rickyshawuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

How is it resolved ?
2015-7-6
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I am an Apple iOS app developer. I know of no way for an app to turn on or turn off its own Location Services. It is all handled by iOS and the user. All the app can do is ask for permision to use Location Services. After that it has no control.
Restore your device and re-install the DJI app if you want to solve the problem. If you want to send e-mails to DJI about a problem they have no control over, go ahead. I would rather be out flying.
2015-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules