1234Next >
4907 123 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Seems the MAVIC isn't the only thing at DJI with a screw loose..
The whole company is screwy

Glad I cancelled days ago, I saw the light! Think of all that after sale care they will give at DJI, I get a bit warm and fuzzy inside when I think of that.
2016-10-26
Use props
crbalch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167057 ft
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-26 11:30
thats not how it goes, they should of look at the list of all their direct online orders and if any ...

My Newegg order is coming on Monday and I ordered it 10/9. I'm glad its coming before yours, you sound like a whiny little child, time to grow up.
2016-10-26
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

crbalch Posted at 2016-10-27 04:02
My Newegg order is coming on Monday and I ordered it 10/9. I'm glad its coming before yours, you s ...

Good for you hope it its not a buggy drone with fast manufacturing  defect haahahahahahahahahahhah. One guy already claim here that he got this drone that it is buggy indoor flight crash twice. cross your finger the camera is not messed up and does not focus either..... When companies are overwhelm with orders they usually put cheap parts and since they knew ahead of time they were not going to be on time for the release date, seems to me there are going to be a lot of buggy mavics. You know what you just made my day with your answer, now, I could relax knowing that some mavics and maybe yours will have some manufacturing defects hahaahahahahahahahh Safe flying.
2016-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

watuse Posted at 2016-10-26 19:28
another one lack of fucking understanding do I have to repeat myself first come first serve TWO ORD ...

I think your p***ing against the wind here,

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-26 23:53
I am mind boggle Ken remember I wrote to you when I place my order 1st of oct and you told me to get ...

I'm sorry, there are literally hundreds of people I'm responding to every week here and on other social media as well.
2016-10-26
Use props
fubar925
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-26 15:12
I'm sorry, there are literally hundreds of people I'm responding to every week here and on other s ...

Ken could you please help me cancel my order Ive emailed, Ive tried online support...
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fubar925 Posted at 2016-10-27 03:46
Dji-ken could you please help me cancel my order? Sent the email and also tried online support.

I'm sorry, I tried to assist but you need to contact online sales directly.
2016-10-26
Use props
fubar925
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-26 15:20
I'm sorry, I tried to assist but you need to contact online sales directly.

I have contacted them, When did you try and help me? just?
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fubar925 Posted at 2016-10-27 04:22
I have contacted them, When did you try and help me? just?

The others that I was trying to help out.
2016-10-26
Use props
brndnblk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19029 ft
United States

I can only speak with my order, but DJI was very quick to cancel my order when I requested it.

Cancel request went in at 1:27pm EST 25th
Auto reply asking me to keep my order at 10:30pm EST 25th
My confirmation to cancel at 10:57pm 25th
Reply from "Jane" confirming cancellation at 1:41am 26th
Auto email from DJI confirming cancellation at 5:42am 26th

That's like 16hrs total...pretty good...all things considered.
2016-10-26
Use props
fubar925
lvl.1

United States

I just got a email back stating due to demand they may not be able to reply very soon? I am unsure does that mean tonight tomorrow next week a month???
2016-10-26
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

You really don't think they actually meant first come first served do you? They may have had good intentions but with shipping to Newegg (China owned) first that idea went out the window. Also you noticed they only shipped a small batch of the basic Mavic on the 21st, none since, and now they are doing the same thing with the fly more kit, they will ship a few hundred and then we wait some more. They either are incredibly disorganized or they have supply chain issues, or both. In any case there is nothing we can do but wait for them to get their act together. In any case not a good way to build brand loyalty, other company's will be catching up soon and once we have comparable choices they will either have to improve their game or fall by the wayside.
2016-10-26
Use props
crbalch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167057 ft
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-26 16:09
Good for you hope it its not a buggy drone with fast manufacturing  defect haahahahahahahahahahhah. ...

Says the guy who desperately wants one and bitches about other people getting them before him. Makes me so happy I'll have mine and you'll be waiting forever for yours.

Oh wait I have another one on order from DJI that was placed before you which I will get before you as well. Happy to sell it to you for a nice little markup.
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

brndnblk Posted at 2016-10-27 04:32
I can only speak with my order, but DJI was very quick to cancel my order when I requested it.

Canc ...

That's great, thanks for posting.
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fubar925 Posted at 2016-10-27 04:35
I just got a email back stating due to demand they may not be able to reply very soon? I am unsure d ...

I'm sure they will respond and cancel your order soon.
2016-10-26
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-26 01:37
If as you say you are going to cancel your order and purchase it elsewhere, then at least dji will ...

Don't feel too bad, I placed my order on Sept 28th for Mavic only. I don't see any reason for DJI to ship our orders since they already have OUR money. It makes a lot of sense for them to ship orders that they don't have yet that require no money until shipment. These are the dealer orders. They don't have to pay like us until their product is shipped. So look at it this way, we are providing the money to DJI to build product for the dealers. I don't expect to get my order filled until at least mid November while they ship to the dealers.
2016-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BayArea99 Posted at 2016-10-26 22:44
Don't feel too bad, I placed my order on Sept 28th for Mavic only. I don't see any reason for DJI  ...

Yes I understand , if you were to receive your order mid November it would be about two weeks late, not the end of the world, I think you might have trouble picking one up before that, I wish you luck whatever you choose to do
2016-10-26
Use props
0sarc0
lvl.2

Australia

BayArea99 Posted at 2016-10-27 05:44
Don't feel too bad, I placed my order on Sept 28th for Mavic only. I don't see any reason for DJI  ...

Yeah DJI should market themselves as the new Kickstarter.
2016-10-26
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

watuse Posted at 2016-10-26 21:09
Good for you hope it its not a buggy drone with fast manufacturing  defect haahahahahahahahahahhah. ...

"When companies get overwhelmed with orders, they usually put cheap parts in"? Why would they do this? I hope you are not referring to that Mountain Supplies store!

I think you are getting a bit hysterical but do agree that DJI confuses things by retailing direct AND through third parties. They should look after their direct pre-orders first but will tend to favour bulk buyers just as much and leave the individuals (like me and you) to hiss and scream on forums. They know losing a re-seller is much more damaging than an individual customer.

Having said that, all of the theories that DJI tried to destroy GoPro by announcing a week later - what if it was the other way around? What if GoPro tried to steal DJI's thunder - it seems to me that DJI are the ones who are shipping. (Anyone at DJI reading this, I'll happily accept a bump forward in the queue - 4th Oct, Fly More)
2016-10-26
Use props
TommyJeep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50423 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wasabi6 Posted at 2016-10-26 10:16
How do you spell cancell? Hmm

With one "L"   j/k

I placed an order with DJI on Saturday since I've had good experiences before (Inspire & Osmo).  Since they can't narrow down my shipping date to anything better than "November", I decided to cancel and order through Best Buy.  BB is saying I'll have it Monday.  Since I'd like to have it for a camping trip in November, seemed like a good idea to me.  I'll see on Monday if it arrives or not.

My cancel request was processed while I slept last night, now I just wait for the refund to my credit card.  I suspect it will be any day now, I'm not worried.
2016-10-26
Use props
woodlark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61985 ft
United States

ulyssescale Posted at 2016-10-26 14:44
This is my first post on this forum.  I'll add that I've never owned a drone before and recently o ...

lol.. easy.. I'm an Android user and I'm not whining.. im laughing at these guys.. sigh I'll just fly my Inspire 1 V2 and Phantom 3 pro till the Mavic arrives.
2016-10-26
Use props
boldblue737
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418337 ft
  • >>>

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-27 00:16
I understand your frustration but the dealers got an opportunity of order before the public.  You  ...

But Tahoe Ed other companies don't take $1300+ of their customers money at the time they order only to let those same customers stew while supplying retailers product to ship to THEIR customers that ordered weeks later and with no prepay.

The waiting with no realistic timeframe for shipment is made 1000 times worse by the fact DJI has our money already and we have nothing.

I will certainly never order direct from DJI again to buy a DJI drone and should another company someday be able to field a competitive drone to DJI products I might consider leaving the fold.

The folks who went direct to the DJI site minutes after they watched your launch event are your very best customers and the folks who talk these drones up to their friends and online generating only more sales yet DJI is taking advantage of these same people for both their money and time to satisfy retailers and the buy on a whim customer.

Just my feelings, but I doubt I'm alone.
2016-10-26
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

boldblue737 Posted at 2016-10-26 15:47
But Tahoe Ed other companies don't take $1300+ of their customers money at the time they order only ...

Exactly.

DJI's policy of charging the credit card weeks or months before knowing when they might actually ship the item is illegal in many countries and definitely a "dodgy" practice at best.  DJI should be ashamed.
2016-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-26 23:55
Exactly.

DJI's policy of charging the credit card weeks or months before knowing when they might  ...

In my country Apple insist on charging my card in full for pre orders, maybe we can't be trusted, but there are no charges for cancelling.
2016-10-26
Use props
bloomingtonmain
lvl.2

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-26 05:50
Just a question Ken I just saw a video of a guy who posted here in the dji forums and he place his ...

Because newegg ordered before you did and ordered enough to fill preorders to the middle of October. Now Newegg is out and last I checked you couldn't even order on Newegg because they don't know when they will get another shipment because its first come first serve.
2016-10-26
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-26 16:13
In my country Apple insist on charging my card in full for pre orders, maybe we can't be trusted,  ...

In the USA Apple does not charge until the day of shipment.
2016-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-27 00:19
In the USA Apple does not charge until the day of shipment.

Maybe the law varies from country to country,
2016-10-26
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-26 16:26
Maybe the law varies from country to country,

They definitely DO vary.
2016-10-26
Use props
ulyssescale
New

United States

gary97 Posted at 2016-10-26 11:03
For what it's worth ... I ordered the Fly More package on 10/20, and have been following this shippi ...

"I ordered mine 6 days ago! It's so unfair!"
2016-10-26
Use props
calvindo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344738 ft
United States

Dont know how Ed and Ken deal with the same topic day in, day out. If you cant figure out how to cancel an order, you shouldnt carry credit card. Just cancel it and stop seeking for attention sheeshhh. No they are not going to put your order through, because you're threatening to cancel.
2016-10-26
Use props
fubar925
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So had my email back from them. Told me that my order never went through and that it stated that it was always payment pending and I never paid??  my order as been cancelled, Great...!! No not so great as it never said that at all it said and still says payment success and £1348 as been taken off my card. Emailed back I think it's going to be a long day...!
2016-10-26
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-27 00:13
In my country Apple insist on charging my card in full for pre orders, maybe we can't be trusted,  ...

Must be unique to Ireland... That is certainly NOT the case in England with Apple...
2016-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

brianmlevy@me.c Posted at 2016-10-27 08:42
Must be unique to Ireland... That is certainly NOT the case in England with Apple...

I don't know if it's unique to Ireland maybe, but I have purchase an Apple Watch for my daughters 21st they still have my money and won't be delivered until 3rd December, at least I have a date for that...
2016-10-27
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft

I paid via Bank Transfer because my paypal sucked and i have no credit card.
Does anyone here have experience in cancelling Bank Transfer Payment?
My Status is pay confirmed and they still get my money since 3 weeks.
2016-10-27
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-27 10:18
I don't know if it's unique to Ireland maybe, but I have purchase an Apple Watch for my daughters  ...

3rd of December? Wow... Mind you Apple are pretty appalling... They release products amidst a fanfare which are then not available for months afterwards. I have an iPhone 7 Plus on order which, I am told, will be with me in another two weeks.
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

brianmlevy@me.c Posted at 2016-10-27 12:22
3rd of December? Wow... Mind you Apple are pretty appalling... They release products amidst a fanf ...

Hopefully they both come together, good luck
2016-10-27
Use props
Ed Pasterino
lvl.1

United States

NewEgg has received at least one additional shipment since their initial shipment. On 10/24, I refreshed the Mavic product page on NewEgg and noticed that it had changed from Sold Out to Preorder (Ships Nov. 15th). I quickly signed in and paid for it. By the time I was done checking out, the page went back to Sold Out status and the add to cart option had disappeared again. My order status was stuck on "Order Verification" for a day. Upon checking it yesterday morning, there was a tracking number and my Mavic Pro was on its way from Shenzhen, due to be delivered Oct 31st. Meanwhile, my original DJI order from 10/2 hasn't changed (Pending, TBA, no tracking #).
2016-10-27
Use props
gary97
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

This morning, I emailed online sales the below question.  I have not yet heard back, but in fairness, I emailed only ~6 hours ago.

However, I have previously sent 2 emails, and they responded only to the first when I was considering the purchase.  They have not responded to my second email, which was 6 days ago (10/21), in which I told them I had ordered the unit, but had follow-up questions.  It remains to be seen what will happen with today's email.

"Noting on one of the forum threads that there has been at least one case where the person’s account online shows payment confirmed, but he was told by customer service that it was not, that it was only pending.  My online account shows payment confirmed for my order #xxxxxxxxxxxx.  Would you please confirm whether or not this is true, is my payment indeed confirmed?

And, noting the ruckus in the forum threads about shipping delays, I am one of the more patient customers.  So, as you all have been inundated with that issue, I will not ask you to give me an idea as to when my Mavic Combo might ship.  (If you want to volunteer that information, I won't reject the information!)
"

When I was in sales for 20 years, I learned a great adage:  "Under promise, over deliver."

I found my bottle opener, so I'm back off to have my lunch.
2016-10-27
Use props
t0ny
lvl.2
United States

Does DJI keep $50 for currency fees? I am tempted to cancel.
2016-10-27
Use props
lecours
lvl.2

Canada

DJI ignored my last 3 emails and when they finally replied it was the with some phony replies we've been reading online since the 16th. Only when I told them I launched an official complaint with my credit card Company that they finally acted like they understood what I wanted and crediting my Credit card. I'm curious to see what's going to happen with this since all charges were already reversed. They can consider themselves very lucky that they build some great machine but one day another company will come along with a great drone with all the bells and whistles and will also offer a Great customer service which we all deserve. One thing for sure is by acting the way they did they made sure I would never buy from them again. This was by far the worst purchasing or non-purchasing experience in my life and believe me....I buy a lot of toys. You can surf this wave DJI but one day you'll be asking yourself where did all my customer go and you can look back to this product launch.
2016-10-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules