New Gimbal cover only for protection?
1523 5 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John T.
lvl.1

Singapore

On the pre-production Mavic Pros, the gimbal covers were clear plastic so they can be kept on during flight for protection.

I was intending to keep mine on while I learn to fly the drone but recent unboxing of official units have the grey rubber on the gimbal cover.

Can the rubber layer be taken off? Or is that now part of the gimbal cover?

2016-10-25
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

it can be taken off.
2016-10-25
Use props
elefantastico
lvl.1

Spain

When I get my mavic I wanted to 3d print a protective structure for the camera that attaches to the locking holes used by the gimbal cover. Something that you can leave on the drone, protects the camera against impacts and does not apear in the FOV.

1) 3d printer ---- Check
2) Idea------------- Check
3) Mavic ----------
2016-10-26
Use props
advernex
lvl.1

United States

elefantastico@g Posted at 2016-10-26 01:08
When I get my mavic I wanted to 3d print a protective structure for the camera that attaches to the  ...

You should do it! Maybe a structure (that's removable to your structure) to protect the camera when traveling.
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The rubber piece is removable, and if a first time drone user I would leave the clear dome cover on for several flights until you are fully comfortable with the aircraft and your orientation while flying.
2016-10-26
Use props
John T.
lvl.1

Singapore

@Ken @phatee: Thanks for the confirmation!

None of the new unboxing videos mentioned about this so I wanted to make sure. Else I would have bought a gimbal cover from the store as well.
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules