Mavic - 1st indoor crash
12912 87 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

CabinPete Posted at 2016-10-27 13:30
"But would I ever take off in my living room, NO.  I would not.  That is the height of irresponsibil ...

The height of irresponsibility?  Really?  DJI makes a POINT of advertising this drone as being capable of indoor flight using the vision positioning system.  It's an ADVERTISED FEATURE of the Mavic.

I have flown over a hundred hours of indoor flight with my P3 without any issue.  (Except one instance when I was distracted by a visitor.)  These DJI drones are definitely able and capable of indoor flight.

To say otherwise is contradicting DJI advertising and common practice.
2016-10-27
Use props
fans8c693216
lvl.1
Flight distance : 250427 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-27 20:29
The height of irresponsibility?  Really?  DJI makes a POINT of advertising this drone as being capable of indoor flight using the vision positioning system.  It's an ADVERTISED FEATURE of the Mavic.

I have flown over a hundred hours of indoor flight with my P3 without any issue.  (Except one instance when I was distracted by a visitor.)  These DJI drones are definitely able and capable of indoor flight.

Today I was testing my Indoors as I was interested in Real Estate and it was fine a few flights, then it began to pull right and there was no way to stop it.
I have video footage
2016-12-22
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

fans8c693216 Posted at 2016-12-23 01:07
Today I was testing my Indoors as I was interested in Real Estate and it was fine a few flights, then it began to pull right and there was no way to stop it.
I have video footage

Is it typical prop wash or something more?  I'd love to see the video
2016-12-23
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Did this issue ever get resolved?
2016-12-23
Use props
Mizzster D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 343219 ft
United States

Where is Ed? I started to see the pattern of ATTI mode crash here, The problem seem to have to repeat, it is the copter not the pilot error BS, the crash seem to repeat "rolled right before crash into something". I ran into same problem today when I try to hover my quad indoor and it went hard right and hit the chair, luckily nothing damage to the brand new copter. Then, i was wondering was it my fault? and then again me trying to hover indoor one more time just to find out what is going on? and there it is happen again bang right about 4 to 5 foot away from where it took off. lucky this time it doesn't hit anything and it stop and just hover, I immediately landed it and YES i will never try it again until someone fix this bug. so what is going on here? does the copter detect something and trying to correct it? Come from a years of RC experience this is unusual for a quad this price, even my racing mini quad never had any of this problem hovering indoor. So is DJI going to address a fix or something?
2017-1-29
Use props
fans9553217f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

A possible reason might be electrical interference. TV on nearby, speaker magnet, no compass dance so it knows where it is magnetically, router signal, computer... Just a thought.
I have tried flying indoors with a P3P and it was very unstable so I quickly landed.
2017-2-13
Use props
fans17d0e161
lvl.1

Malaysia

hi all i own a phantom 2, 4, and inpisre 1, this is the first time feel very insecure using mavic pro, how fast do you think that mavic pro can go? well let me tell you when i flew outdoor the other day my mavic pro just out of control i have the log record top speed are 231km/h and it hit on the wall really hard and crashed... i do have the video record how it crashed during that time i can't even pull back or doing anything to make it stop it just happened within few second, i have already send back the machine i do hope they understand this drone have too many unknown problems and need to be inform... i do hope non one of you having a same issue like me you will get shock i did know someone mavic pro even when missing and can't trace back, trust me.... it just out off control although you have the controller in your hand you can't help it and you just look at the mavic pro hit on the wall so hard..... {:4_142:} {:4_142:}
2017-2-19
Use props
seleznev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45627 ft
Russia

Be happy that you lost just propeller. I broke my TV panel the same way. Flying indoor is more difficult then outdoor. And there are no reason to do it again for me.
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules