focus and intelligent flight modes?
649 3 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uoXG9VmQXgol
lvl.2
Switzerland

so the mavic has touch to focus system, wich i really am looking forward to play with. i think outside of aerialvideo this will be a very useful thing to have and usually is only available with pro orientated drones. what i am really curious about is how this focus system will work with the intelligent modes. i mean its nice that the mavic can track me, even goingup or downhill, but how will it keep me in focus whilst im wont be refocusing by touch-to -focus all the time?

same goes for lets say orbit mode. will changing distance to the center object cause unsharp vieos if not refocusing all the time?

thank you for letting me know

2016-10-26
Use props
miaonica
lvl.1

China

In these intelligent modes, you can't fly too close to yourself. I got my Mavic for a short while and from what I see the depth of the field is not that shallow, focusing at say 8m and 20m makes not that much difference.
2016-10-26
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

The distance between you to the drone will be sufficiently far away for that not to be an issue. Focal length principles in such a small camera and lens make infinity focus attainable pretty much around 40 feet. Rule is at distances below infinity it will keep relatively sharp focus 1/3 in front of the focal length set and 2/3rds behind. So long as you set focus on the initial distance of the subject from the start you should be ok.
2016-10-26
Use props
uoXG9VmQXgol
lvl.2
Switzerland

superbe, thx for helping me out on this!
2016-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules