Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question about Geofencing on the Mavic
2471 4 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crusader 901
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Mavic lovers,

I have a question about a DJI demo:

Did i hear that right at 1:50 "but that can be turnd off" .
He's talking about the Geofencing.
Would be nice if it could!

Does anyone know more about this?
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

As of now you are able to turn of DJI GEO and use the standard NFZ system which doesn't allow for self-authorization.
2016-10-26
Use props
CarlCrumley
New

I hope so. I live within 5 miles of three active airports according to the FAA's app and I'm hoping to fly it indoors some. That may not be an issue since it wouldn't be using GPS indoors from what I've read. I'm a newbie so I'm unsure about these issues.
2016-10-26
Use props
bloomingtonmain
lvl.2

United States

CarlCrumley Posted at 2016-10-26 14:25
I hope so. I live within 5 miles of three active airports according to the FAA's app and I'm hoping  ...

I live 2 miles from an airport and the way it works is one mile from airport you can fly 10' up 1.25 miles you can fly 60-75' up at the outer marker you can fly 100'-200' even in the no fly zone. The FAA and your UAS registration requires you to contact the air traffic control tower at the airport your flying in the zone of and ask for permission to fly. So the drone will let you fly just be vigilant to your UAS registration requirements so as not to get in trouble with the FAA. They can revoke your UAS registration.
The drone will ask you to check two boxes every time you get ready to take off saying that you have permission to fly in that area but it won't just shut down and say you can't fly here unless you're within one mile of the center of the largest runway at the active airport.
It may be more strick at say LAX but at smaller local airports  this is my experience I'm in the zone marked on the no fly maps but it explains more about the inner circle and the outer circle and what altitude you can fly depending on your distance.
2016-10-26
Use props
Crusader 901
lvl.2

United Kingdom

bloomingtonmain Posted at 2016-10-26 22:59
I live 2 miles from an airport and the way it works is one mile from airport you can fly 10' up 1. ...

Thank you for this constructive info.
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules