The answer we've all been waiting for. Finally.
2599 22 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Babblin5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

Here it is. So much angst and anger could have been avoided if it hadn't taken weeks for this acknowledgement. Thank you for finally telling us the truth.

IMG_0013.PNG
2016-10-26
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.2
United States

I hope they don't fire you, Ed. You deserve a raise.
2016-10-26
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

This means nothing...  This is simply how allocation works with anything, whether it be a drone or a smartphone.
2016-10-26
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft

Babblin5 Posted at 2016-10-27 03:04
I hope they don't fire you, Ed. You deserve a raise.

Imo, Both Ed and Ken deserve a raise.
2016-10-26
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.2
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-26 12:10
This means nothing...  This is simply how allocation works with anything, whether it be a drone or a ...

It means everything, because it was all speculation before.
2016-10-26
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

This should be common sense. I can't believe this is new to anyone.
2016-10-26
Use props
Somican
lvl.3
Flight distance : 485997 ft
Germany

If it would be better for all of us and DJI to buy only from resellers  (less stress, no complaints on forum, etc).

why the hell there is an shop on the DJI Homepage?
2016-10-26
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Babblin5 Posted at 2016-10-26 12:14

It wasn't speculation...  This is how it works.
2016-10-26
Use props
Kalock
lvl.2

United States

gckless Posted at 2016-10-26 12:16
This should be common sense. I can't believe this is new to anyone.

Have you seen much common sense on these boards over the last few days?

Not that I can't understand why people's emotions are high but that's no excuse to feign ignorance of how business works for people just to complain THEY don't have their promised toy yet...
2016-10-26
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

Kalock Posted at 2016-10-26 15:21
Have you seen much common sense on these boards over the last few days?

Not that I can't understa ...

Lol, you've got a good point.
2016-10-26
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

Babblin5 Posted at 2016-10-26 20:14

It was known that dealers were getting orders in a few weeks before us. I guess it makes sense (for DJI) as dealers overall order the majority of items, so DJI would have had a good idea of how many they needed to make early on. I just don't think they were ready for so many direct orders.

For this reason I suspect that in a couple of week we'll see dealers with actual stock while direct DJI orders are still waiting. That's when people will be really pissed. They're already popping up on eBay (albeit for silly money).
2016-10-26
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

Double-post minutes later. All sorts of weird.
2016-10-26
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

Please, for all the complainers out there. Describe the direct, material negative impact to your life for the Mavic not delivering promptly.

I'm not a complainer or pissed like most of y'all seem to be, but I'll start: I wanted to hook up a ghost to a fishing line and fly it around for Halloween. Considering Haloween is around the corner, that likely won't happen.
The point of this post is to show how petty you're being over a glorified toy not arriving on day 1. If this is for your job and you can't wait, walk to Best Buy and get a Phantom.
2016-10-26
Use props
Eric Mavic
lvl.2

United States

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-10-26 13:22
Please, for all the complainers out there. Describe the direct, material negative impact to your lif ...

I did that last year with an animated grim reaper. Had all the neighbors out in front of their homes to watch. Kids loved it. I used a Walkera Scout X4 to do that, which I sold right after the Mavic was announced.
2016-10-26
Use props
lclerc69
lvl.2

if the mavic has a pb you see nobody who says this here from DJI
like "we don't know what is going on with the shipping" it's a pain in the ass but it's like this
i think the mavic is not ready at all and have a lot of bug that' s the reason of the delay
they don't correct the bug but they must ship a little bit mavic ...
so the first wave of mavic must be corrected
i am not trusting DJI again because they are not clear at all with the delay issue

i can understand anybody who say "ok we are not ready yet , the mavic will be shipping in end of november"
i can wait no problems
when anybody try to hide the reallity at this point you know that a big problem exist
it's just my point of view
i hope i am wrong
but ... i am not sure at all...
2016-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Children wait a whole year for Christmas no complaining, Adults whine whine and moan about a few weeks..

Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.
2016-10-26
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-27 04:43
Children wait a whole year for Christmas no complaining, Adults whine whine and moan about a few wee ...

Christmas Day keeps us informed when Santa is delayed and they need to change the date...

And, santa doesn't send toys to Best Buy before the kiddies get them in my santa books  
2016-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

pdbim25eeT7h Posted at 2016-10-26 21:51
Christmas Day keeps us informed when Santa is delayed and they need to change the date...

And, sa ...

Life is to short to be miserable.
2016-10-26
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

So a preorder direct from the manufacturer puts you behind the line of dealers? That is total crap! No other company does that. Big companies like Apple will release thier products to dealers at a later date from presales so that preorders get fulfilled first. They also don't try to release globally on day one. They do it by regions to speed up shipping.
2016-10-26
Use props
dantheman
lvl.1

Sweden

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-10-26 22:22
Please, for all the complainers out there. Describe the direct, material negative impact to your lif ...

I haven't been complaining but my reason for being annoyed in silence is as follows: I'm travelling with friends at the end of Dec, we had planned on using the Mavic to collect some good YouTube footage. Whilst this isn't a primary income it was assumed the drone would arrive within 2 full months of the listed shipping date. However I've emailed DJI just to ask if it's likely to ship before 2017 and they won't respond beyond telling me demand is high.

Long story short, all I really wish they would tell me is if those who ordered very early oct would be seeing a 2016 shipment, or 2017 so that I can make alternate plans... or just sit and wait
2016-10-26
Use props
rtazz17
lvl.2

United States

braddahjosh808 Posted at 2016-10-27 05:31
So a preorder direct from the manufacturer puts you behind the line of dealers? That is total crap!  ...

Boohoo!!!!
Sound like my 9 yr old
2016-10-26
Use props
rtazz17
lvl.2

United States

dantheman Posted at 2016-10-27 07:53
I haven't been complaining but my reason for being annoyed in silence is as follows: I'm travellin ...

Simply plan for 2017...Simple.....People revolving their life around this amazes me
2016-10-26
Use props
dantheman
lvl.1

Sweden

rtazz17 Posted at 2016-10-27 02:37
Simply plan for 2017...Simple.....People revolving their life around this amazes me

Yes, my life is "revolving" around it because I quite literally stated that it's no issue if I have to wait or cancel, and the only reason I would cancel is because it would be delivered to the wrong country. Forgive me for answering someones question, next time I'll be sure to not do so as I'd hate to upset you again.
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules