B&H Shipping status
39966 391 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nt9of9
New

United States

Hi All,
I dealt with the same issues you have with the backorder and lack of information.  I ordered from B&H on 10/7.  I ended up cancelling my order.  I saw on Newegg that they at least posted a date of when the Mavic would be sent so decided to give them a try on Black Friday after seeing they also had a 5% promotion capped at $50 off.  To my surprise, the Mavic will be in hand this coming Monday.
cancel.jpg
order.jpg
shipment.jpg
2016-12-1
Use props
GalacticTwinkle
lvl.1

United States

Well...it finally happened. Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 12.30.12 PM.png
My batteries and propellers shipped before my drone.

I placed them seperately hoping that my drone would ship first. Too bad I didn't get the powerbank adapter, at least I could've used them! hahah.

Order Oct. 2nd.
2016-12-1
Use props
Steely Joe
lvl.1

United States

GalacticTwinkle Posted at 2016-12-1 11:34
Well...it finally happened.
My batteries and propellers shipped before my drone.

Very very very disappointed with B&H and how they've handled this entire situation.  

First, they obviously have NO PULL with DJI at all. Best Buy, Apple, NewEgg and a handful of others all have been shipping significantly more orders than B&H.... it seems they are still going thru Sept orders, while the others are shipping orders from well into Oct, and even Nov. (and in the case of NewEggg, LATE Nov).

Second, I've gotten a different answer every time I've called.  Some have told me "no idea when, we get nothing from DJI, we've only gotten a handful of drones in and have thousands on order" while others have told me "we are getting a huge shipment in the next 7-10 days and you were fairly early to order so you should have yours then in 7-10 days (that was 2.5 weeks ago).  They do not have a uniform message being sent to their sales personnel and their customer service team, and their buying teams, etc...  I've usually been very impressed with how they've handled all my previous purchases going back over 10 years... but this has been nearly as big a FAIL by B&H as it has been by DJI (although yes, DJI is far more to blame overall).

Very disappointed with how this whole process has been. Obviously they just announced this to counter any building momentum by the GoPro Karma, as they were no where near ready to ship, and didn't have all the bugs worked out.  As of now, I'm keeping my order open, but I doubt I get it anytime before Feb at the rate they are going.  Just a massive FAIL all around by all parties.  

Also 2 side notes.... 1) - I wonder if the long holiday that B&H had in October had anything to do with this? Perhaps their buyers weren't around to contact DJI and raise hell once the world realized that Oct 15 was joke.  and 2) - if I had ordered with Apple - I'd be pissed that my Apple order isn't here yet while there have been many cases of people just walking into an Apple retail store and grabbing 1 or 2 off the shelf.  Another massive fail by a retailer/reseller related to this product.

I've been involved with (either worked for a manufacturer - a major Japanese historic powerhouse, or worked in sales and business sales at the retail level) for 20 years, and I've never seen a product launch debacle quite this bad.  

Very disappointed by all parties involved.  DJI, B&H, Best Buy, Apple, MicroCenter, etc..... you all have let us down.
2016-12-1
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

I ordered the mavic pro only on Sept 29th and then I placed a separate order for a battery on Oct 2nd......  Battery shipped yesterday....  I'm going to have a great time flying my battery around.. oh wait!
2016-12-2
Use props
MegaTom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425151 ft
United States

henry_p Posted at 2016-11-15 14:53
This may be small consolation but the fact is we get ETA information from our suppliers -- DJI in th ...

Care to comment as to why every other major DJI dealer is shipping preorders from well into October, but B&H still hasn't even finished with its orders from September? Your own CS manager Ike has told me personally that you have 1700 preorders! That's MILLIONS of dollars in preorders, and you expect us to believe that DJI has told you NOTHING as far as where you stand in receiving your preorders? WE DEMAND AN ANSWER! Tell us SOMETHING! Next week, next month, next year! SOMETHING! Who runs a business like this? You're the "Online reputation manager" right? News flash: Your "Online reputation" is dropping like the Hindenburg.
2016-12-2
Use props
GalacticTwinkle
lvl.1

United States

Riotcontrol Posted at 2016-12-2 19:56
I ordered the mavic pro only on Sept 29th and then I placed a separate order for a battery on Oct 2n ...

Yep. I received my two extra batteries and sets of props today. I tried throwing them, but they still didn't fly.

I can tell you one thing...everyone says this things tiny, but it's got to be tiny. The batteries are smaller than my hand!
2016-12-2
Use props
sailor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
Puerto Rico

I ordered a Mavic pro on sept 28 and just get emails that it is on order.Why are customers getting theirs before me?
2016-12-3
Use props
fansf8f51366
lvl.1

United States

Whats up with B&H, I've been ordering from them over the years and they have always been quick, called them yesterday about the mavic order, they wouldnt' say anything about when they will be receiving it however they were very happy to take a preorder stating that they don't know when it would ship.
2016-12-3
Use props
Steely Joe
lvl.1

United States

I just received a customer service survey from B&H.   Better believe I"ll be filling it out this time.

I didn't necessarily expect B&H to be the first, or the best, when it comes to the Mavic.  But to be finishing DEAD LAST?  With all sorts of mixed signals from whoever you talk to on any given day.  This is extremely unacceptable.  I'm furious with B&H with how they've handled all of this.  We demand some answers.  There's NO EXCUSE for them to not even be through Sept 28th orders yet, while most others are mid-way through October and some even into mid/late November.  They have failed, BIG TIME.
2016-12-3
Use props
Andrew Hohlfeld
lvl.1

United States

I went with B&H for a couple reasons, #1 I purchase my camera gear from them nearly 90% of the time and have had a great experience with all my past purchases. #2 I figured that with them being one of the biggest camera re-sellers in the country I was under the impression that they would be one of the first in line to receive inventory. It's quite disappointing to see that the majority of folks that are receiving their drones are not in the photography or videography business... just mostly hobbyists and vloggers. But in all actuality (to me at least) it seems companys tend to push products towards that direction because those folks generate the 'hype' these days. Has any BIG players other than Phillip Bloom been using the drone for more than just a test?? I know that most professional work is done with the Inspire series, but I am just curious...
2016-12-4
Use props
fansa91e9341
New

United States

Andrew Hohlfeld Posted at 2016-12-4 10:37
I went with B&H for a couple reasons, #1 I purchase my camera gear from them nearly 90% of the time and have had a great experience with all my past purchases. #2 I figured that with them being one of the biggest camera re-sellers in the country I was under the impression that they would be one of the first in line to receive inventory. It's quite disappointing to see that the majority of folks that are receiving their drones are not in the photography or videography business... just mostly hobbyists and vloggers. But in all actuality (to me at least) it seems companys tend to push products towards that direction because those folks generate the 'hype' these days. Has any BIG players other than Phillip Bloom been using the drone for more than just a test?? I know that most professional work is done with the Inspire series, but I am just curious...

Ordered 9/28 3pm Mavic Pro, now showing as in stock, in warehouse. CC charged. GL
2016-12-5
Use props
jsdiv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258720 ft
United States

fansa91e9341 Posted at 2016-12-5 23:18
Ordered 9/28 3pm Mavic Pro, now showing as in stock, in warehouse. CC charged. GL

So that makes about 4 orders filled by B&H to active forum folk. Happy for you, sir.
2016-12-5
Use props
Mochaboy
lvl.1

United States

fansa91e9341 Posted at 2016-12-5 10:18

Thanks for the update - that's good news to see they're outside the 9/27 batch now.  Enjoy your new Mavic.
2016-12-5
Use props
TaylorGT
lvl.1

United States

Just got off chat with them again (I chat once a week to see if I can get any new info). Responses were 100% canned. No update. By the way @fansa91e9341, did you order just the mavic or the fly more combo? I ordered Fly More on Sep 28 at 130pm.
2016-12-5
Use props
fansa91e9341
New

United States

TaylorGT Posted at 2016-12-5 15:29
Just got off chat with them again (I chat once a week to see if I can get any new info). Responses were 100% canned. No update. By the way @fansa91e9341, did you order just the mavic or the fly more combo? I ordered Fly More on Sep 28 at 130pm.

I ordered Mavic pro only. Just shipped, arrives tomorrow
2016-12-5
Use props
fansf8f51366
lvl.1

United States

Based on the dates of order that are being shipped, seems like B&H has no pull with DJI, I am surprised beyond belief that they are just about shipping Sept orders while others like newegg are half way to oct/nov. Strange.
2016-12-5
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

Ordered Fly less on 9/29 and it shipped today.
2016-12-5
Use props
ScreamMaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46759 ft
United States

Twitter conversation with Henery Posner at B&H yesterday & today...

B&H 1

B&H 1

B&H 2

B&H 2

B&H 3

B&H 3

Don't think they undersatnd that it's the lack of any meaningful information regarding shipment status that is the main problem.
2016-12-5
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

ScreamMaker Posted at 2016-12-5 16:30
[view_image]

My BH order shipped today. one of them at least.. I ordered two at about the same time.  Sadly I think this first one is going on ebay as they are selling for 1500-1600$ just for the standard kit.. make lemonade I say.

Hadn't PLANNED it that way, but I don't really need the second one till next year so I'll roll the dice and pay for half a 2nd one with a sale.

But, they are shipping so thats good.
this order was 9/28
2016-12-5
Use props
M4cgr3g0r
lvl.2

Mexico

ScreamMaker Posted at 2016-12-5 18:30
[view_image]

“Well we could make stuff up but when the honest answer is “as much info as we can” we opt for honesty”

How far are you guys into the the line of orders? "We don't disclose that info"

How deep am I in line? "We don't disclose that info"

Have you begun shipping orders from October yet? "We don't disclose that info"

How many units have you shipped out as of today? "We don't disclose that info"

>click<
2016-12-5
Use props
TaylorGT
lvl.1

United States

Yep. That's the most frustrating part. The urgency to get the drone passed when my Thanksgiving trip came and went. Now I'd just like to have an idea of where I am in line. I understand that "being 2nd in line" doesn't mean that I'll get it tomorrow but it'd be nice to see any kind of progress. (FMC 9/28 130pm).
2016-12-6
Use props
sailor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
Puerto Rico

I got an email yesterday that my Mavic Pro order and battery and extra props has shipped.I ordered on Sept 28 at 12:00 so I guess DJI finally shipped some product to B and H.
2016-12-6
Use props
ScreamMaker
lvl.2
United States

TaylorGT Posted at 2016-12-6 10:46
Yep. That's the most frustrating part. The urgency to get the drone passed when my Thanksgiving trip came and went. Now I'd just like to have an idea of where I am in line. I understand that "being 2nd in line" doesn't mean that I'll get it tomorrow but it'd be nice to see any kind of progress. (FMC 9/28 130pm).

Agreed.

And M4cgr3g0r questions are right on and reasonable.

Perhaps it is B&H's intention to not give out any useful information that could potentially allow us to make an intelligent decision to cancel our order and look/buy elsewhere. I would hope that's not the case.
2016-12-6
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

ScreamMaker Posted at 2016-12-6 09:05
Agreed.

And M4cgr3g0r questions are right on and reasonable.

Everytime I contacted B&H it was like talking to a stone wall, I was trying to get a rough estimate of when the items would be shipped so I could plan on the money being withdrawn ahead of time due to having a major bill coming up for repairs on my BMW which both charges ended up hitting at the same time....
2016-12-6
Use props
Steely Joe
lvl.1

United States

Well, somebody just moved up a notch in line.  I finally had my fill.  Cancelled my order with B&H.  Done with them after this debacle.  I'll use Adorama, Amazon, or whoever else for all my professional photo and video needs from now on.  

Good luck to those who ordered after Sept.  You probably won't see your bird til March.  No joke.
2016-12-6
Use props
MegaTom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425151 ft
United States

Forget B&H. I canceled. They don't get to tell me to f*ck off when I come looking for the drone they told me was going to ship in the beginning of October. They don't get any of my money anymore. Ever. Pop a quarter in your ass Henry, cause you played yourself.

See ya later suckers.
2016-12-6
Use props
fans6e54e3d0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1562 ft
United States

I ordered from B&H on 10/4 still nothing and 11/18 Carolina Dronz said they are going to have large shipments in 2weeks but I haven't received any.. I ordered it from Newegg 12/1 again. Finally charged my cc and shipped!! It just took 6days!  
2016-12-7
Use props
FlyingFlash
New
Flight distance : 22635 ft
United States

Ordering from B&H was a big mistake.  Who knew.
2016-12-7
Use props
ALBLOWI
lvl.1

United States

wow....... I ordered from them yesterday 2 Mavic combo they told me that there is a shipment coming to them .
2016-12-7
Use props
TaylorGT
lvl.1

United States

I have a theory that B&H didn't actually order any drones on launch day or even launch week. That is why literally every other re-seller on the planet has shipped more units.
2016-12-7
Use props
ScreamMaker
lvl.2
United States

ALBLOWI Posted at 2016-12-8 06:01
wow....... I ordered from them yesterday 2 Mavic combo they told me that there is a shipment coming to them .

Hmmm, so they told you they have "a shipment" coming from DJI that is large enough to cover all of the preorders they have taken to date including your order placed yesterday? Interesting, because as Henry Posner says, B&H will always "opt for honesty" when it comes to information they provide to their customers...
2016-12-7
Use props
jsdiv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258720 ft
United States

Ordered two batteries on 10/21 a day after my Mavic from B&H. Just got charged for batteries and still no word on Mavic. Hoping one of my 3 orders with 3 vendors (ordered from two others as backups when I couldn't get anything out of B&H by Thanksgiving).
Batteries can't fly themselves, but I'm happy to get them.
2016-12-7
Use props
Kingfisher2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37808 ft
South Africa

I placed and paid for my order on 29 September, still no delivery info.
2016-12-8
Use props
GalacticTwinkle
lvl.1

United States

Kingfisher2 Posted at 2016-12-8 04:43
I placed and paid for my order on 29 September, still no delivery info.

Well that sucks because I had hoped they caught because....

Ordered on 10/2 and it JUST SHIPPED TODAY!! Two months and 6 days later...sheesh. We'll see if it's worth the wait...it better be haha.
2016-12-8
Use props
TaylorGT
lvl.1

United States

Just got shipping notice today! Fly more combo ordered Sept 28 at 130pm, shipped today, should arrive on Monday. Fingers crossed that its from one of the "good" batches.
2016-12-8
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

TaylorGT Posted at 2016-12-8 17:27
Just got shipping notice today! Fly more combo ordered Sept 28 at 130pm, shipped today, should arrive on Monday. Fingers crossed that its from one of the "good" batches.

Ordered on 9/29 and received it today.
2016-12-8
Use props
John&Sue
New

United States

I just cancelled my BH order and went to NewEgg. They indicated shipping by jan 5th.

2016-12-8
Use props
justin335
lvl.1

United States

Maybe this is karma for buying lenses from B&H and returning them after my trips for a full refund...
2016-12-8
Use props
Indyfaithful
lvl.1
United States

John&Sue Posted at 2016-12-8 21:45
I just cancelled my BH order and went to NewEgg. They indicated shipping by jan 5th.

Dear RXxxx xxxxxxxxx,

We are pleased to inform you that the following order has been shipped. (If this email was sent on a Sunday or a Legal Holiday, your order has been packed and will be shipped on the next business day.)

Order Number:        104xxxxxxxx
Ordered from B&H September 29....arrives tomorrow

Billing Address:xxxxx
USA
73xxxxxxxx
Shipping Address:        Same As Billing Address
Boxes:        1
Tracking #1:  1Z6Wxxxxxxxxx
Shipping Method: EXPEDITED DELIVERY
Scheduled Arrival Date: 12/09/16  
Note: Signature may be required upon delivery
Item         Qty         Item Description
DJMAVICPC        1        Mavic Pro Fly More Combo
Upon receipt of your order, please check to make sure all contents are included and no damage has occurred in transit. Claims for damaged or missing items must be reported within 2 business days of delivery.

Please do not fill out the manufacturer's warranty cards or remove any bar codes to claim a rebate until you are sure you want to keep your merchandise. We cannot accept merchandise for return with completed warranty cards or damage to the manufacturer's package.
2016-12-8
Use props
M4cgr3g0r
lvl.2

United States

Mine was shipped today as well.

Ordered on 9/29 11:30 PST

Looks like B&H is finally making it through it's September orders.

I learned my lesson and will be looking elsewhere in the future.  It's time to give some other companies a shot at my business.
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules