CRASH with DJI Mavic Pro today
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sésar de la Isl
lvl.1

Myanmar

Subscribing...

My first message here, by the way, so hello All!

I am very interested in buying a Mavic Pro Combo, so this thread is very interesting. As said already by some of you guys, I hope this issue can be clarified and fixed (if necessary) with a firmware upgrade. Such a behavior should be able to be fixed at a software level. It does not seem a HW issue, IMHO... Fingers crossed! I do not want to switch to another brand/model!

Cheers,
Sésar

2016-11-1
Use props
firefreak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3517 ft
Sweden

On flight #10 mine started flying in circles with GPS coverage . It started cirkling with no stick input and full (17) GPS lock.

No abnormal data or loss of signals. Just started cirkling. Did 4-5 rounds and then I manually flew it a bit and landed soon after with no issue.
2016-11-1
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

firefreak Posted at 2016-11-1 11:02
On flight #10 mine started flying in circles with GPS coverage . It started cirkling with no stick i ...

Did it do it without any stick input from you ? or after a small stick input ?
2016-11-1
Use props
firefreak
lvl.1
Sweden

It started with one very large cirkle, about 6-7m and then settled for 3 revolutions of 3-4m, I was curious to see what it did so I did not touch anything. So NO stick input. It was facing the same direction during cirkling.

After that I started controlling it and landed it manually. Changed battery, flew again, no issues.

Flew 12 flights at the same location that day. No other flight had an issue.
2016-11-1
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

firefreak Posted at 2016-11-1 11:45
It started with one very large cirkle, about 6-7m and then settled for 3 revolutions of 3-4m, I was  ...

So to be clear, It was hovering , you did not touch controls and it started to circle until you started to control apply stick inputs ?

How high was Mavic ? did the GPS drop out ? have you replayed the flight log and looked for warnings ?
2016-11-1
Use props
eBoosted
lvl.1

Are you on iPhone or Android? This seems to be an iPhone problem from every people losing control of their drones.

You were lucky, just imagine you loose control on passing a close by object like branches or a near a tree and your drone crashes. Everybody in the forum will bash you for being such an irresponsible person or even rant about putting in risk human lives, by stating it as user error.

This needs to be addressed right away by dji.
2016-11-1
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

This is definitely something I want to keep a eye on. I've got a little less than 10 flights and I've had zero issues so far. I live in a NFZ and have to drive about 30 minutes to fly. I get to fly on 1 battery charge and then head home while i wait for extra batteries and the car charger to arrive. I've been very careful to fly in an open field in the event it does drop from the sky, i can retrieve it. I've got an iPhone 7 Plus and the DJI Care.

Question for those of you that have had this issue.. Does the Pause button work while the drone is going out of control?
2016-11-1
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21470 ft
United Kingdom

Worrying as all this is, I do think this is all related to the "sticking stick" issue, which in my small mind sounds like (and am hoping is just) an issue with the firmware in the controller rather than a physical problem with the sticks. As people say, this isn't limited to the make of the phone connected to the controller, the phone is just displaying the data the controller is sending it (and is sending to the Mavic).

I do feel that being able to switch into ATTI mode for this device is something which is being asked for a lot in all the discussions. Maybe being able (via the DJI GO app) to change the function of the P-Mode / S-Mode switch on the controller to choose a forced ATTI mode instead of S-Mode would be something that a lot of people would make more use of? Shouldn't be that hard to do via a firmware update!
2016-11-1
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hedfan Posted at 2016-11-1 14:50
Worrying as all this is, I do think this is all related to the "sticking stick" issue, which in my s ...

ATTI mode would not help here.

Seems on some new controllers the potentiometers or whatever they are using are "hanging up" this problem is hardly seen after the TX has had some use.

With a new TX give the sticks a good workout then do a TX calibration and ensure OP tracks the  sticks before you fly, and don't fly anywhere stupid ever, more so until you know you have 100% reliability from everything, not just the sticks.
2016-11-1
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

firefreak Posted at 2016-11-1 19:45
It started with one very large cirkle, about 6-7m and then settled for 3 revolutions of 3-4m, I was  ...

Please contact dji.com/support and provide them with the Flight Data Logs.  That will help and ascertain what happened.  I am sorry for your experience.  We would like to get the data to determine the cause.  Thank you for your assistance.
2016-11-1
Use props
firefreak
lvl.1
Sweden

Marv0 Posted at 2016-11-1 12:54
So to be clear, It was hovering , you did not touch controls and it started to circle until you st ...

Correct. No RC input. No warnings.

I was coming from a panning shot and released controls to let it sit still. Thats when it started doing this.

I was at 23m height. 18 sattelites locked. 51% battery.
Flight log shows no RC input aswell.
2016-11-1
Use props
firefreak
lvl.1
Sweden

eBoosted Posted at 2016-11-1 14:25
Are you on iPhone or Android? This seems to be an iPhone problem from every people losing control of ...

I was using a HTC 10 with Android 6.0.1.
2016-11-1
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

firefreak Posted at 2016-11-1 16:46
Correct. No RC input. No warnings.

I was coming from a panning shot and released controls to let i ...

So it actually stopped dead after the pan for a few seconds then drifted around ? = Mag problem
or

After pan,TX sticks released but mavic continued to circle = TX stick/pot problem

How many flights had Mavic had from new ?
2016-11-1
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2128648 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-1 10:53
I am sorry you had an accident. What is your email that you use with your DJI account.
Can you upd ...

My email is leeandelson@mac.com
I will upload the files this morning. My experience was very quick since I had watched the video of Ngl1145's Mavic earlier that morning and knew this was now happening to mine. It did a few circles and slowly descended and once low enough I grabbed the Mavic from below. If I hadn't grabbed it it would have landed in my pool if it continued to descend.
2016-11-1
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

In my best interest to follow this post
2016-11-1
Use props
Powerbird101
lvl.1

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-27 10:08
I agree, we all should TOTALLY FREAK OUT.  What's really annoying is this sort of THE SKY IS FALLI ...

Actually utilizing lean Sig sigma (which is what is done) would have a failure rate of way less than 1%.
2016-11-1
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Powerbird101 Posted at 2016-11-1 10:31
Actually utilizing lean Sig sigma (which is what is done) would have a failure rate of way less th ...

*Six Sigma
2016-11-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Order cancelled
2016-11-1
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A little unfortunate to cancel over a small production issue I would say.  It only seems to be affecting some brand new controllers within the first hour of use.

It you exercise the sticks well then do a couple of TX stick calibrations observing smooth outputs on the stick monitor I don't see this even being an issue from the start.
I could tell the sticks did not feel right from new on my TX, I find it hard to believe no one else thought the same - now after only a little use they feel much better.

The Camera not doing 60fps without aliasing issues is the only real issue I see with Mavic.
2016-11-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

We don't know if it's a controller issue and another member reported the issue happening after 10 flights I believe. The risk is too high at the moment. Several have crashed drones, several others have grounded them after incidents. I'm not sure why everyone is burying their head in the sand.
2016-11-1
Use props
T5 Drone
lvl.1

Wonder if anyone has had issues while flying theirs with the iPhone rather than a controller?
2016-11-1
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jenkins Posted at 2016-11-1 18:00
We don't know if it's a controller issue and another member reported the issue happening after 10 fl ...

Do you have a link to the 10 flight person ?
2016-11-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

No. I already trawled through the forum and aggregated a list of the user errors yesterday. I can't be bothered to do it again.
2016-11-1
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

Anyone actually get follow ups from support, or are they radio silent unless you call?
2016-11-1
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jenkins Posted at 2016-11-1 18:45
No. I already trawled through the forum and aggregated a list of the user errors yesterday. I can't  ...

It is the Guy a few posts up the page.
2016-11-1
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21470 ft
United Kingdom

Marv0 Posted at 2016-11-1 16:29
ATTI mode would not help here.

Seems on some new controllers the potentiometers or whatever they  ...

I agree ATTI mode would not help in this situation - this is false reading from the sticks or bad programming.

A lot of people on the forum are wanting ATTI mode for the Mavic. To use this in a commercial environment in the UK it would need this ability too.
2016-11-1
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-1 12:12
Anyone actually get follow ups from support, or are they radio silent unless you call?

Spoke to DJI yesterday and filed a claim about LOS and they told me it was a Holiday in China today and not to expect a rely until tomorrow at the earliest.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2016-11-2 03:49
Spoke to DJI yesterday and filed a claim about LOS and they told me it was a Holiday in China toda ...

I was looking at your logs as the same time you were on the phone with the rep.
I must need an update to my device as I'm not able to read your Mavic log. The last I see is your P4 from Sept. 14th.
You've synced your logs right?
2016-11-1
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 04:45
I was looking at your logs as the same time you were on the phone with the rep.
I must need an upd ...

I sure have, just checked again and they are in the cloud. The flight I'm talking about is the one with a Max distance of 507M and 12 min flight. It's the second to last flight. The LOS happens right around the 11:02 mark. My left stick is stuck at 85% to the left and 21% down. I just spoke with Thomas at Support about 30 mins ago and he opened a case for me.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2016-11-2 05:40
I sure have, just checked again and they are in the cloud. The flight I'm talking about is the one  ...

They will analyse the flight for you.
2016-11-1
Use props
fans1fe13d21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12881 ft
United States

Good!  Hopefully it will move me up in the order process........not one time has DJI launched a new product had there not been firmware issues/product issues.....it's the nature of the beast....maybe you should find a new hobby?
2016-11-1
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 06:10
They will analyse the flight for you.

Dji-Ken can you check this post and let me know what you recommend my plan of action should be?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid548199

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/m ... lem.883/#post-12591

Back to original topic at hand.
2016-11-1
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

Still no update from DJI today regarding my logs.  Guess it takes a long time to go over a single person's log files.  
2016-11-1
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-2 00:10
Still no update from DJI today regarding my logs.  Guess it takes a long time to go over a single pe ...

I don't understand the hold up !
2016-11-1
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-1 20:10
Still no update from DJI today regarding my logs.  Guess it takes a long time to go over a single pe ...

I think they are busy trying figure out how to tick off their customer base just a little bit more.

Not delivering on time, not communicating appropriately or even honestly at times, and sending out a buggy first batch as a thank you to early adopters just wasn't enough... heh.
2016-11-1
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

Guess it's time to make a video to tell everyone the progress.  People are waiting for updates.
2016-11-1
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-2 00:59
Guess it's time to make a video to tell everyone the progress.  People are waiting for updates.

Is the controller ok now or is Yaw still sticking ?
2016-11-1
Use props
fans12237198
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34094 ft
United States

Is this with DJI Go or Litchi ?  
I loose RC control with Litchi on my P4 a lot shooting a pano.
I will stay put until I reestablish though.
2016-11-1
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

I'm afraid to fly it after all these LOC and plus I also had problems with the left stick stuck during calibration on iOS even though 3 of my flights were ok.
2016-11-1
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

I don't know if it matters, but when I calibrated my sticks, I went around the box (rather slowly) until the entire box was highlighted white on both left and right sticks (no spots missing) before I touched the gimbal control wheel for it to show complete. I don't if it will let it complete it without the boxes being completely highlighted white or not, but I believe the phantom 3 pro let it complete without the highlighted boxes being complete. I don't know if this is of any use though. I have had no flight issues, thank goodness. I only have the blur on the left side of pictures, even when using center focus, but not on videos.
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules