CRASH with DJI Mavic Pro today
86299 626 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

I don't know if it matters, but when I calibrated my sticks, I went around the box (rather slowly) until the entire box was highlighted white on both left and right sticks (no spots missing) before I touched the gimbal control wheel for it to show complete. I don't if it will let it complete it without the boxes being completely highlighted white or not, but I believe the phantom 3 pro let it complete without the highlighted boxes being complete. I don't know if this is of any use though. I have had no flight issues, thank goodness. I only have the blur on the left side of pictures, even when using center focus, but not on videos.
2016-11-1
Use props
Luisrsg
lvl.1

United States

To whoever is having the sticky left stick. Have you tried the simulator? After all it responds to commands from the controller right? I haven't had any issues myself other than some unfocused videos and pics but mine is going to be grounded until I hear some sort of resolution on your crash.
2016-11-1
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

incogneito Posted at 2016-11-2 01:44
I don't know if it matters, but when I calibrated my sticks, I went around the box (rather slowly) u ...

That's because you are thorough, I did the same but I don't believe you have to fill those lines, but nice to see all max throw positions are correct.

I have found out the little applet displaying stick values is correct and if with the sticks at rest are not displaying 0/0 you will get MechERR on the TX when trying to connect (I suspect there will be some small deadband tolerance)
2016-11-1
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

Yeah I had to go several times extremely slow to fill in all sides of the boxes, but at the same time I though it was required. I had no problem doing it. As I have said though, no problems flight wise so far, just blurry left side of pictures, not on video.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-2 08:10
Still no update from DJI today regarding my logs.  Guess it takes a long time to go over a single pe ...

I am sorry about that. They are still reviewing everything.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

incogneito Posted at 2016-11-2 08:08
Dji-Ken can you check this post and let me know what you recommend my plan of action should be?

ht ...

Replied over there.
2016-11-1
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

Still haven't heard back for my crash either.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-2 11:30
Still haven't heard back for my crash either.

What is your case#?
You already gave them the DAT files?
Did you also give them the RC files?
Can you post the forum thread you made your first post to?
Id it's this thread or one that you replied to someones thread, what was the post#?

I will look into it.
2016-11-1
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-1 23:36
What is your case#?

Case #324820
DAT files is in a dropbox link earlier in this thread (I changed my user name because there was a glitch on the forum where my account became fan and some weird numbers)
I synced my flight logs
Post #235 under jschou86 original user name

I had to call in last Friday to speak to a support person named Ruby or Rose I forgot, she said she was going to escalate to a supervisor and I'll hear back Monday morning. Heard nothing so I called Monday afternoon and talked to a supervisor named Brian who was helpful. He said you guys seemed to have everything and will follow up asap. Silence since then. This was all me calling in, if I didn't call, I wouldn't have heard anything. I just want to get this thing back into the air.
2016-11-1
Use props
A.C.E.
lvl.1

Germany

following for updates
2016-11-2
Use props
fansec2cd299
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255984 ft
United States

Hey guys,
I'm new here but followed the whole thread because I ordered a Mavic myself. I work and live in China at the moment so I figured to call the flagship store in shenzen and ask if they might have them available to pick up because my preorder takes forever and I live not really far away...
Anyways they told me that they had the Mavic but there was some issue with it and now I'd have to wait till end of November till they have it back in stock... that was like a week ago. I don't want to say anything wrong but the word was "issue", not sold out or anything...
2016-11-2
Use props
duke_gg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12178 ft

China

fansec2cd299 Posted at 2016-11-2 19:51
Hey guys,
I'm new here but followed the whole thread because I ordered a Mavic myself. I work and li ...

Hi fansec2cd299,
I've read at least one post in Chinese forum saying he got mavic from the flagship store you mentioned.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-2 13:30
Case #324820
DAT files is in a dropbox link earlier in this thread (I changed my user name because ...

I'm looking at your case right now and the flight data analysis team said it was pilot error and someone already made you aware of it.
I will have a supervisor look at it in a bit.
I will also view your flight  since you said it started drifting on it's own and you were not able to gain control.
Do this for me, play back the flight on your device and tap the RC icon and that will show your exact stick movements. You can see from that pretty much exactly what happened.
2016-11-2
Use props
fansc05814ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3216076 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-27 22:07
Could you please sync your flight records from the DJI Go app and provide me with your DJI accoun ...

How about you do that. I was instructed to send my brand new out of the box Mavic to DJI NA. I spent hours talking with DJI Ken Booth from another FB forum. I drop boxed him the flight video data, actual video of my Mavic out of control And where I nearly lost it on the third flight.

By the way my Case # CAS-299930-F4G9T3

All I hear from DJI is Standard Procedure !!!!! Standard What ? Is it Standard Procedure for us to received brand new junk Mavic's right out of the box ?
2016-11-2
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2128648 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-1 20:36
What is your case#?

Hi Ken, can I send you my DAT files as well as a video of my flight Log with the stick inputs showing of my MAvic doing uncontrolled circles. Let me know where I can send you the drop box link. The DAT file was pretty big, over 1.5G, is that normal?
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2016-11-3 01:04
Hi Ken, can I send you my DAT files as well as a video of my flight Log with the stick inputs show ...

I just had them send you the file for the RC logs.You can reply there with the DAT file and RC log file links from Dropbox.
And yes, the file will be pretty large depending on how long your flight was.
I'm able to read the logs now so I'll take a look at your flight in a bit so I don't need the video.
Thanks again for the patience.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 10:11
I just had them send you the file for the RC logs.You can reply there with the DAT file and RC log ...

Thank you Ken. The flight that I need you to look at is on 10/31/2016 with a Max altitude of 231 feet and time of 12 Mins. The circling and loss of control happens exactly at the 11:00 flight time. The left stick is locked at 85% to the left and 21% down.
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 08:34
I'm looking at your case right now and the flight data analysis team said it was pilot error and s ...

Thank you for your help! Yeah when I spoke to the first rep on the phone she said it was pilot error, but I explained to her that it was drifting away, they said they will re look into this. I'm looking at the RC log right now and I can see I wasn't moving the sticks when it was getting near the collision because my coworker tried to get to it to catch it.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 10:11
I just had them send you the file for the RC logs.You can reply there with the DAT file and RC log ...

If you also look at the moment it hits 11:13 on the flight time it starts spinning much faster and the left stick input is still at 85% to the left and 21% down.
2016-11-2
Use props
Yoonoo
New

United States

This experience doesn't look good for DJI Care Refresh, which is supposed to be a premium replacement warranty to quickly get customers back in the air. Since DJI Care Refresh covers pilot error, dispatching a replacement shouldn't have to wait for crash log analysis. I see no reason for DJI to make customers who purchased an additional replacement warranty wait days or weeks for crash log analysis. If someone purchased the replacement warranty and is willing to pay the extra deductible for replacement, they should get a replacement as soon as their damaged drone is received by DJI. DJI can then take its time to analyse the crash logs and decide whether they need to update the firmware or hardware as a result of the log analysis.

If DJI is looking to continue improving its customer service experience, the turnaround time for DJI Care Refresh replacements is one place to start.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2016-11-3 01:24
Thank you Ken. The flight that I need you to look at is on 10/31/2016 with a Max altitude of 231 f ...

Yes, I see that. They will review everything and get back to you.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-3 01:28
Thank you for your help! Yeah when I spoke to the first rep on the phone she said it was pilot err ...

If it was in ATTI mode then it would drift if Visual Positioning is off or your out of it's range.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 11:07

Awesome, thank you. I'm still trying to upload the DAT file to drobbox. Taking forever
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 11:10
If it was in ATTI mode then it would drift if Visual Positioning is off or your out of it's range.

I was about 15 feet away from it. Are they reviewing my case?
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Yoonoo Posted at 2016-11-3 01:54
This experience doesn't look good for DJI Care Refresh, which is supposed to be a premium replacemen ...

I do not know what post you are referring to but Care Refresh works the way it's supposed to.
You send it in and if it's pilot error then you can pat for the repair or get a replacement through the Refresh program.

I told the OP to NOT use the refresh in case it was not pilot error. I'm trying ti help him and save from using one of his replacements.
So in order to do that, everything needs to be fully analyzed and deemed non-user error so he gets the aircraft repaired or another aircraft and still keeps his two replacement opportunities.
I think in the end it will benefit him.

So again, it's the choice of the user, if you don't want to wait for the analysis and you truly think the crash was not your fault, then waste one of your replacements and be done with it.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 11:07

I was able to upload it and sent the link back to Thomas. My case number is #327870. Let me know if you need me to send the link to you as well.
2016-11-2
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Yoonoo Posted at 2016-11-2 10:54
This experience doesn't look good for DJI Care Refresh, which is supposed to be a premium replacemen ...

The problem is....they ARE NOT looking to improve their customer service....
In truth, DJI Ken and Tahoe Ed are the only legit customer service channels into the world of DJI....those guys deserve credit, and a raise for quelling the mobs.

image.jpeg
2016-11-2
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

So, DJI's automatic response is 'Pilot Error'. What a shock. This is clearly a defective product at present and instead of addressing this they are screwing over early customers by dragging their feet.
2016-11-2
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well I have an issue with this as well, just received my Mavic Combo yesterday. Trying to set it up doing the firmware update without issues. Then when I go to calibrate the sticks it would not zero out and my RC bricked with the Mech Err showing. So my new Mavic is a brick.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2016-11-3 02:19
Awesome, thank you. I'm still trying to upload the DAT file to drobbox. Taking forever

no problem.
You don't need to upload all the DAT files, just the one with the issue you are describing.
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 12:11
no problem.
You don't need to upload all the DAT files, just the one with the issue you are descri ...

DJI Ken, are they looking at my case still or are they going to dismiss it? Thanks for your help btw.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 12:11
no problem.
You don't need to upload all the DAT files, just the one with the issue you are descri ...

I Just uploaded my remote controller files as well with a new link. Let me know if you need me to send that link to you.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2016-11-3 02:34
I was able to upload it and sent the link back to Thomas. My case number is #327870. Let me know i ...

I just sent you an email through your case file.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-3 02:24
I was about 15 feet away from it. Are they reviewing my case?

Sorry, I meant out of VPS range vertically, not radio range.
I did speak to the flight data department and they said you used RTH, then cancelled RTH and I see the stick movements all over the place and they deemed it pilot error.
If you can, please get a recording of the flight with the sticks overlaid and post the video here.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 12:35
I just sent you an email through your case file.

Got it thank you, I sent a reply to clarify some info.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2016-11-3 03:45
Got it thank you, I sent a reply to clarify some info.

Got it, thanks
2016-11-2
Use props
fans0d46086d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349826 ft
  • >>>
United States

hey ken, in a situation like this, just so that it doesn't get listed as "pilot error", what should all of us do if our mavic's go into some uncontrollable spin or descent? should we just release the sticks and let it crash on its own?
2016-11-2
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ken, if these TX pot problems are holding an RC command with the TX stick centered how is anyone going to say for sure it is Pilot error ? the logs will show the RC input not the sticks.

Do we have a method of viewing other peoples Logs ?
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 12:38
Sorry, I meant out of VPS range vertically, not radio range.
I did speak to the flight data depart ...

Thanks for the reply. I did cancel RTH to try to get control back. I moved the sticks to descend, nothing happened and tried to steer but nothing happened. Near the crash I didn't move them at all because my coworker tried to catch it.

I just noticed on the recording it marked Home as inside the building. I'm standing where the circle is but the map marks the drone starting inside the building, but it was right next to me http://imgur.com/a/Jqkxt could it be the fact that it marked Home wrong and it attempted to go there? Would this be a software issue marking the location of the drone wrong?
2016-11-2
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-2 20:01
Thanks for the reply. I did cancel RTH to try to get control back. I moved the sticks to descend,  ...

Yaw is active in RTH so it would not help, unfortunate you were not flying somewhere with more space and so more time to try things.
2016-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules