Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Marv0 Posted at 2016-11-3 03:55
Ken, if these TX pot problems are holding an RC command with the TX stick centered how is anyone goi ...

The flight data recorder in the aircraft will give much more data and be able to determine the cause.
And if the have only the app to go on, they can still determine user or error or malfunction.
2016-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-2 20:01
Thanks for the reply. I did cancel RTH to try to get control back. I moved the sticks to descend,  ...

The last message you get before take off is home point has been established please check it on the map,  did you not check it
2016-11-2
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 20:18
The flight data recorder in the aircraft will give much more data and be able to determine the cau ...

Fully understand, but it's pretty much impossible for any data logger on the craft to differentiate between a jammed control or a pilot input - perhaps only if that input was fixed and prolonged especially after the crash. This would be why they wanted TX logs which may possibly be more useful.

I'm just saying this because things will get heated if they start telling people they crashed...if you follow ;)
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-3 04:01
Thanks for the reply. I did cancel RTH to try to get control back. I moved the sticks to descend,  ...

If you look at the flight you see that the satellite number starts at 11 then goes up to 17/18.
That may be why the home point is off.
Also, the erratic stick movements and I can see the aircraft following your inputs.
Honestly, it would have been better to start in an open area as the manual suggests.
I do not know how experienced you are with DJI equipment but the flight department said that there was no malfunction and could have been avoided.Can you to post your flight video here with the stick overlay for others to see as well.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Marv0 Posted at 2016-11-3 04:38
Fully understand, but it's pretty much impossible for any data logger on the craft to differentiat ...

Also, since the stick said 85% and the OP said they were moving the sticks and it still said 85%.
Trust Me, DJI will warranty the aircraft if there's a malfunction.
2016-11-2
Use props
Yoonoo
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 14:26
I do not know what post you are referring to but Care Refresh works the way it's supposed to.
You  ...

Thanks for clarifying. This is good to know, I was not aware of the option to pay for the replacement fee and not having to wait for the log analysis.
2016-11-2
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 04:58
Also, since the stick said 85% and the OP said they were moving the sticks and it still said 85%.

Hi !
I did not fully grok if you agree to Marv0 or not.
Because in my eyes his point is 100% valid.
We know there are stick and LOC Problems so DJI can NOT rely on the logs of the Tx, right ?
If it SMELLS like SW/HW error it should be replaced no matter if Care Refresh or not.
Its the price DJI has to pay fro bringing out a BERA product clearly.

Colud you agree or dismiss on this important point ?
THANK YOU Marv for bringing this up.

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I want to see something, please download the DAT file and VSS file from the aircraft then upload to Dropbox and provide me the link.
The DAT file you are looking for is FLY009.DAT
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Actually I see your DAT files in Dropbox.
I'm going to have it ran now and will get back to you.
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 14:15
Actually I see your DAT files in Dropbox.
I'm going to have it ran now and will get back to you.

Ok. Again, thank you for all your help!!!!
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

nils_heidorn Posted at 2016-11-3 05:03
Hi !
I did not fully grok if you agree to Marv0 or not.
Because in my eyes his point is 100% valid ...

The users stick showed 85% and didn't move, I don't think you can do that by yourself so maybe that's one of the reasons they may know if it's user error or not.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2128648 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Nicholas, I was wondering if you could send me your serial number, maybe the last digits. I had the exact same thing happen to me, have a case opened with DJI, and wanted to see if ours were close in serial numbers. My email is lee@yourmomentinlights.com if you care to share.
2016-11-2
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 05:32
The users stick showed 85% and didn't move, I don't think you can do that by yourself so maybe tha ...

Okay, got it !

Thanks for explaining,

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-3 05:18
Ok. Again, thank you for all your help!!!!

I just had a meeting with the flight data analysis department and they still deemed it user error.
When you tested out RTH, you should have also cancelled it. From the sticks you can see panic as it hit the overhang of the building.
I am very sorry about that, but the aircraft acted exactly as it's supposed to.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Yoonoo Posted at 2016-11-3 05:03
Thanks for clarifying. This is good to know, I was not aware of the option to pay for the replacem ...

No problem at all.
2016-11-2
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 21:50
I just had a meeting with the flight data analysis department and they still deemed it user error. ...

None of my business of course but just wanted to clarify your post Ken...

So RTH was set inside the building then going outside no new RTH was set so the bird still thought RTH was inside right?

Thanks! :-)
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 14:50
I just had a meeting with the flight data analysis department and they still deemed it user error. ...

Thanks for your help. I did cancel RTH..but nothing resulted. I believe you noticed that too in a previous post.

Well the unit is just scuffed, but no way for me to test until I get new props, if for some reason the Mavic is unusable, could I just use my DJI Care Refresh?
2016-11-2
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken did you say that they said my incident was pilot error?
2016-11-2
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

I haven't had recent feedback from the flight analysis team
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-3 08:05
Thanks for your help. I did cancel RTH..but nothing resulted. I believe you noticed that too in a  ...

Yes, you certinally use your Care Refresh but i wouldnt if the only damage is the props. That will basically cost you $79 for a set of props.
I woukd just buy props and be done with it.
I believe Multicopter Warehouse has them in stock. At least I saw a post earlier today from them saying that.
Again, I am sorry for your mishap.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-3 08:16

Not at all, I'll check on your case in the morning. And thank you very much for being pateint, I really do appreciate it.
2016-11-2
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-3 00:16

I saw your flightpath video, unlikely yours was  pilot error, it looked  like stuck yaw I would say.

Did you ever check and calibrate the TX Gimbals afterwards, you will pick up any potential errors there.

I would have to say you chose a pretty dumb place to fly an unproven Quad ;)
2016-11-2
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 17:21
Yes, you certinally use your Care Refresh but i wouldnt if the only damage is the props. That will ...

Just one last request, I did order props last Friday so I can test the unit, but it still hasn't shipped (it says 1-3 days) and it's now end of Wednesday, is there anyway for you to check on it?
2016-11-2
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

Ok thanks DJI-Ken!
2016-11-2
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

The field was next to me.  I was doing a test of features like gesture and tap to fly.  I didn't fly very far for those tests.  
IMG_2533.PNG
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-3 08:38
Just one last request, I did order props last Friday so I can test the unit, but it still hasn't s ...

I'm sorry, I don't work in the customer service or sales departments. You would need to email online sales to get more info.
2016-11-2
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken, have you heard anything from the flight team regarding my logs?  Thanks for your help!
2016-11-3
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-3 01:22
The field was next to me.  I was doing a test of features like gesture and tap to fly.  I didn't fly ...

I understand, it's just unfortunate DJI's had some issues with the new Transmitters.

Obviously, it's always best to get first flights and testing done with some extra space around.

Is your TX and Mavic OK now ?
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-3 22:20
DJI-Ken, have you heard anything from the flight team regarding my logs?  Thanks for your help!

What is your case#, if they have not gotten back to you I will speak to the shop manager here for an update.
2016-11-3
Use props
Yoonoo
New

United States

Hi @DJI-Ken, would the delays affecting Mavic orders also affect Mavic DJI Care Refresh replacements? Do you have any info on current care refresh replacement turnaround, is it days or weeks?
2016-11-3
Use props
fans52e306c6
lvl.2
United States

Advexure has Props in Stock I odered Monday they were shipped on Tue, They are in California and vert=y fast service also same proce as DJI

Props at Advexure
2016-11-3
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken, nobody ever gave me a case number.  I have just had someone via email contact me.  jessie.yao@dji.com Was the email address used to contact me.  I haven't heard anything for a while.
2016-11-3
Use props
fans11982671
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89213 ft
United States

pdbim25eeT7h Posted at 2016-10-26 22:56
Wonder If Casey had this same issue? That would make three possible in air control issues with the t ...

make that 4. i experienced the same thing almost exactly earlier today.  I had the hover 4 ft with no control issue. landed. restarted everything, started flying ok, then it began descending over water on it's own, so i began to throttle up and move it toward land. As i did that, the obstacle avoidance system kicked in and stopped it before it got over land so i hit the RTH button and it began to rise. Unfortunately it was rising to tree branches above, which i managed to avoid, luckily.  it kept trying to ascend even after i disengaged the RTH.  i was throttling it downward fully while it was spinning in a circle and it descended but would not land. I grabbed it in the air but it wouldn't shut off so i reached for the battery and the propellers began throttling as if i was trying to ascend and it sliced my finger.  i was able to disconnect the battery and gain stop the Mavic. i was videoing while all this was happening so i have the footage. even of the dead joystick lift off.  I got it home, having some issues with the gimbal behaving abnormal but flew with no problems.  sending all the info over to DJI for New Mavic or Refund.
2016-11-3
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

This thread was created on 10/27. I have seen a few people helped within this thread which is great, but has OP received help to resolve his problem?
2016-11-3
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans11982671 Posted at 2016-11-4 03:16
make that 4. i experienced the same thing almost exactly earlier today.  I had the hover 4 ft with ...

Nasty..
Electric motors don't stop for figures !
2016-11-3
Use props
m326
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It probably tried to ascend because your hand blocked the downward facing sensors.
Grabbing the Mavic from the air, would turning it upside down have stopped the rotors?
2016-11-3
Use props
LHv0Ersubulx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You scared me with all these weird crash. I just cancelled my order (which was still pending after +1 month), I'll wait for the mavic 2.0
2016-11-4
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Common DJI step up and figure out what is happening with these crashes.
2016-11-4
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-11-3 23:35
This thread was created on 10/27. I have seen a few people helped within this thread which is great, ...

I'm the OP.  I just received this e-mail this morning.

Thank you for your patience.
After our engineers reviewed your flight data, it's probably a firmware issue. And it's an extreme case.
Since we haven't received your aircraft, we cannot locate the primary cause.
We need you to send it in for further evaluation and we will arrange a replacement for you.
US support will get in touch with you.

I guess I'll have to wait until someone from the US DJI branch contacts me.  The wait continues.
2016-11-4
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-4 15:15
I'm the OP.  I just received this e-mail this morning.

Thank you for your patience.

How you could have a different firmware...? This is strange...
2016-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules